Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't think Palpatine really needed Anakin. If anything his plans might have gone even more smoothly with Qui-Gon sleeping through everything.

He needed him exactly once to save him from Mace Windu. But now that I think about it, Mace Windu was there because Anakin ratted Palpatine out.

Darth Vader's kind of a fuckup. Gets owned by Obi-Wan, gets owned by his poo poo-farming son, kills his boss in a fit of rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
All I'm hearing is "atones by becoming hero of the proletariat"

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Ive never started a sentence with “drat it” but I start probably 15% of my sentences with “God drat it!” Or some variation upon that.

I go with Zounds or if I'm particularly salty God's blood!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

PostNouveau posted:

He needed him exactly once to save him from Mace Windu. But now that I think about it, Mace Windu was there because Anakin ratted Palpatine out.

Darth Vader's kind of a fuckup. Gets owned by Obi-Wan, gets owned by his poo poo-farming son, kills his boss in a fit of rage.

he couldn't even protect a 2 meter wide exhaust port

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Someone should photoshop goatse hands onto exhaust prot

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm glad Star Wars is dead

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if the story sucks and makes no sense that's only because that's how the prophecy foretold it

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

With anyone else I’d say yeah, he’s obviously just going through old scripts and plagiarizing himself. But with sorkin I’m pretty sure his coke-brain no longer creates conscious memories and every time one of these “brilliant” lines bubbles up from his subconscious he’s convinced it’s for the first time

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

eric ciaramella posted:

if the story sucks and makes no sense that's only because that's how the prophecy foretold it

Star Wars sucking is the will of the Force.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Da will of the foahs?

Well I've had my fill of worse

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
found

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

trigger warning: horny image

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Blessed image.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
So that’s the delay, they’re growing one of the Rich Evans replacement clones.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

mallratcal posted:

Blessed image.

Jay, of course, extremely interested in the bodily fluids on mike. Sure loves that body horror stuff.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

General Dog posted:

So that’s the delay, they’re growing one of the Rich Evans replacement clones.

They found rich evans in a bag of cheeses.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYxdqsndIF4

Lol Mike doesn't like change

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

why did leonard nimoy get replaced by steven spielberg as director? only nimoy's name could leverage in talent like mike stoklasa or rich evans

looking at nimoy's imdb it's not like he has anything else going on...

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat it!! Posting SNL without the legendary "Sean Connery" skits? or even the Jeopardy in general? Shame all round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjO1zPGJ3QY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaFSkWfFhO0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch_hoYPPeGc

e: Holy poo poo this is cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WyMSrAgPKc

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Mike's idea of the perfect Star Trek is TNG.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I loved this bit, but he pretty much expresses love for DS9 in a variety of statements and even clips supporting it in other episodes. Maybe Mike needs time to warm up to things like the old man he is.

I always found it interesting that DS9 is where Rich saw the writing on the wall for startrek continuity.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Broke: star trek
Woke: star track
Bespoke: start rack

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Blaming DS9" is so bullshit.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
All I remember of Studio 60 was it came out the same time as 30 Rock and 30 Rock was great and Studio 60 was boring as poo poo.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

No Mods No Masters posted:

Broke: star trek
Woke: star track
Bespoke: start rack

You have to be half in the bag to enjoy it.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

I loved this bit, but he pretty much expresses love for DS9 in a variety of statements and even clips supporting it in other episodes. Maybe Mike needs time to warm up to things like the old man he is.

I always found it interesting that DS9 is where Rich saw the writing on the wall for startrek continuity.

Paraphrasing from memory what they've said about DS9 is that what made it work was that it was good and actually did the subversion and deconstruction of a lot of Star Trek tropes well and in a smart way, but the problem was that this set the stage for a bunch of future Star Trek shows and movies to take the wrong lessons from this that dark and gritty and morally ambiguous automatically makes for good Star Trek. When the actual lesson you should take from DS9 is that you can do this with Star Trek and it can be really good, but you have to be careful and do it in a smart and considerate manner, because you run the risk of it just being "wrong" if you don't.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
SNL is like popular music. Whatever cast was around when you were between 12 and 18 is the cast you will always think is the best and people who liked earlier or later casts are wrong.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Star Trek Original Cast movies > Star Trek TNG > TOS > TAS > DS9 > Voyager > TNG Movies > Enterprise > Abrams Movies > Picard > Discovery

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

SNL is like popular music. Whatever cast was around when you were between 12 and 18 is the cast you will always think is the best and people who liked earlier or later casts are wrong.

if you think the popular music you listened to between 12 and 18 is the best you are the most basic rear end bonch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SNL is actually like extremely bad music, in that it's extremely bad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hakkesshu posted:

if you think the popular music you listened to between 12 and 18 is the best you are the most basic rear end bonch

Not if it was smashing pumpkins mother fucker

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hakkesshu posted:

Unless you listened to rock and NWOBHM, like me, in which case you were objectively correct :colbert:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The problem with Qui Gon is Yoda was Obi Wan's master.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Star Trek Original Cast movies > Star Trek TNG > TOS > TAS > DS9 > Voyager > TNG Movies > Enterprise > Abrams Movies > Picard > Discovery

So far I have watched about 30% of TNG episodes and 50% of VOY (mostly the 2nd half). I like Voyager episodes well enough. I give a score on each episode after I watched it to keep track on what I have watched. So far the average VOY score is pretty close to TNG average score. My main complain with Voyager is that it doesn't have a good conclusion season. They could have pay more homage to Odyssey since the concepts are so similar.

I haven't watched Discovery, are you sure its worse than Picard?

The OG crew movies are great, everyone should watch them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Groovelord Neato posted:

The problem with Qui Gon is Yoda was Obi Wan's master.

And QuiGon was his Knight

Yoda trained the kids, so he trained ObiWan as a kid. Then there's an apprenticeship program where you serve under a Knight before becoming one yourself.

I actually love in AotC when Yoda is trollng the poo poo out of Obi Wan in front of the kids. "Oh, hey kids, it looks like Obi Wan here lost a planet. Everybody laugh at him"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nope. Lucas forgot the original movies.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

John Wick of Dogs posted:

And QuiGon was his Knight

Yoda trained the kids, so he trained ObiWan as a kid. Then there's an apprenticeship program where you serve under a Knight before becoming one yourself.

I actually love in AotC when Yoda is trollng the poo poo out of Obi Wan in front of the kids. "Oh, hey kids, it looks like Obi Wan here lost a planet. Everybody laugh at him"

There is like, half a movie of good individual moments from the entire PT.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Groovelord Neato posted:

Nope. Lucas forgot the original movies.

He just didn’t care, which is fine.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

There is like, half a movie of good individual moments from the entire PT.

Podrace, Duel of the Fates, Obi-Wan's investigation of the ocean planet's cloning facility, Palpatine going apeshit in the Senate chambers

The end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I think this is a cool visual.

Though much of the rest of that battle scene looks kind of terrible.