Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

beanieson posted:

I also know a cis woman named Kyle, but I’d never heard of another example.

If she's married to a guy named Zach (or Zack, I don't remember) with a kid, we probably know the same Kyle. I used to work with them in southern Indiana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

We Got Us A Bread posted:

I'm the one guy who still watches Ridiculousness, and Steelo said that every time he and his roommate (Michael B. Jordan, of Creed and Black Panther fame) try to order a pizza or make reservations anywhere, they either get hung up on because the place thinks it's a prank, or the people at the restaurant are VERY disappointed.

For 24 hours a month I'm stuck in a room with no cell phone and nothing to do but call people, print out e-mails, and watch satellite TV (I always forget to bring a book), since I finished Parks and Rec and Bob's Burgers, and can't stand the Office, Ridiculous marathons have pretty much saved my sanity.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I once knew a cis man named Ashley and a cis woman named Kyle. Pretty sure I've heard Ashley as a male name before but never Kyle as a female name.

Also went to a nerd store once where the owner's 3 or 4 year old daughter was named Tifa.

I'm pretty sure Ashley was historically a male name, anyway. Like Lynn.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

My brother was very nearly named Vivian, (after Viv Richards), but mum shot dad down by telling him that it was generally a girls name in Australia. So instead he was named Andrew after Andy Roberts.

And as much of a fan of the great world-beating West Indian cricket team of the 70s/80s as my dad is, he didn't realize that the Andy in Andy Roberts is short for 'Anderson'. Also, if he still wanted to name my brother after Sir Viv he could have called him Issac or Alexander, as the great man's full name is IVA Richards.

Alexander would even have kept the theme, as I also have a name starting with A taken from a member of the West Indian team from the 70s/80s.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Admiral Joeslop posted:

If she's married to a guy named Zach (or Zack, I don't remember) with a kid, we probably know the same Kyle. I used to work with them in southern Indiana.

Nah, she’s married to a guy named James and she’s a nurse in Baton Rouge. People actually call her “Kye” sometimes without pronouncing the L

I have no idea why, never thought to ask lol

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
Let's not forget the time Ashley Wilkes killed all those Deadites.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

I also know a cis woman named Kyle, but I’d never heard of another example.

There's an actress named Kyle Richards (it's her birth name, too). I think she was on Little House on the Prairie back in the day. Maybe this lady's parents were inspired by that?

I went to CNA school with a lady named Daryl and she straight up said her parents got it from Daryl Hannah.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I can't ever hear or read the name Daryl without thinking of Bart and Lisa heckling Darryl Strawberry in the softball episode.
And that isn't AUG because it was from like, the 3rd season.

Slate Slabrock
Sep 12, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I once encountered a Galadrial, and I used to work with a Peregrin. People giving their children bad pop-culture names has been around for a long time.

A guy in my hometown was Tanthalas, he went by Tanis. Sadly, he OD'd, but his son, Tanthalas Jr. is there to carry on the proud family name.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I know an actual human child named Esmeralda Sylvanas

yes it's WoW

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

GreenMetalSun posted:

My name is Johnathan.

I am a cis woman.

The absolutely insane apeshit meltdowns people have when I explain these two facts to them are glorious.

Also, dad, no, it's not a woman's name in Ireland.

what up fellow cis woman with a "male" name

people are dipshits and i swear half of them intentionally call me "he" to be contrary

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

We Got Us A Bread posted:

I'm the one guy who still watches Ridiculousness, and Steelo said that every time he and his roommate (Michael B. Jordan, of Creed and Black Panther fame) try to order a pizza or make reservations anywhere, they either get hung up on because the place thinks it's a prank, or the people at the restaurant are VERY disappointed.

There's a relatively recent story of a relatively famous actress (can't remember who) who kept getting banned from dating sites because everyone thought she was a hoax

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ambitious Spider posted:

There's a relatively recent story of a relatively famous actress (can't remember who) who kept getting banned from dating sites because everyone thought she was a hoax

Kentucky's governor recently complained about people filling out unemployment forms with fake names. He mentioned one that said "Tupac Shakur."

Except they're a real person.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Kentucky's governor recently complained about people filling out unemployment forms with fake names. He mentioned one that said "Tupac Shakur."

Except they're a real person.

If you think about it, all names are fake and the name derail is full of lying liars

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ambitious Spider posted:

Sharon Stone on Bumble

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Slate Slabrock posted:

A guy in my hometown was Tanthalas, he went by Tanis. Sadly, he OD'd, but his son, Tanthalas Jr. is there to carry on the proud family name.

Wow...there's naming your kid after Lord of the Kings or Game of Thrones-level nerdy, and then there's naming your kid (and him naming HIS kid) after a loving Dungeons and Dragons character-level nerdy.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Isn’t tanis a podcast about a ghost

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
"What angle do you want the plane from?"

"Yes"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1O7bBWYco8

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

That is some extremely bad CGI. It doesn't look like a doll at all. It just looks like a bad CGI cartoon.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

"Yes"

That hurts to look at.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

BrigadierSensible posted:

My brother was very nearly named Vivian, (after Viv Richards), but mum shot dad down by telling him that it was generally a girls name in Australia.

Vyvyan is a bloke's name if you're down the east end.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

"Yes"

That's actually a pretty cool airplane design, it has a sail and wheels so it's like 3x amphibious or something.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The Mighty Moltres posted:

That's actually a pretty cool airplane design, it has a sail and wheels so it's like 3x amphibious or something.

I’m pretty sure those wings are feathers, although I’m not convinced that was intentional.

It’s so bad. Looking at it makes me feel bad. I’m sad for everyone involved. It’s not even a glorious bad, like that guy that did the football (Patriots?) tattoo. It’s just sad bad.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
probly :nws:, definitely gross
https://i.imgur.com/4QJO61E.jpg

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I have a lot of questions about that wheel art choice.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
He put dual exhaust on his Jeep Liberty with the minivan v6

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I thought this was a dead mouse before enlarging the image.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
AUG: had to cover the inside of her head with skin like clay but not noticeable

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
What good are Barbie-head earrings if you can't stow your used gum in them?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
We like feet right

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 13:29 on May 13, 2020

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
holy poo poo
Amateurs or underpaid?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Raptor1033 posted:

holy poo poo
Amateurs or underpaid?

Russian.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which translates as "job security"

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I knew the risk, and yet still I clicked.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
You make it sound like it was an infected wound or something mega-gross. I’d say that “a big anime tiddy babe pasted on the back of a Jeep” is pretty mild by the standards of this thread. Still definitely AUG, but it could’ve been a lot worse. Also, the wheel cover is amusingly stupid. It’s a good post.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

My friend, we have some wildly different definitions of "a good post".

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

holy poo poo
Amateurs or underpaid?

Maybe very drunk.

A friend used to live in a particular Eastern European country, and houses were being built across the street from his. He said he'd watch the builders turn up in the morning, carrying coolers full of beer, and basically get gradually drunker throughout the day as they were building and then stagger home in the evenings. Every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

You make it sound like it was an infected wound or something mega-gross. I’d say that “a big anime tiddy babe pasted on the back of a Jeep” is pretty mild by the standards of this thread. Still definitely AUG, but it could’ve been a lot worse. Also, the wheel cover is amusingly stupid. It’s a good post.

The lower half is copied from this CGI banana flasher: