Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
would you do slo-mo from dredd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Aglet56 posted:

would you do slo-mo from dredd

Hell no I spend 90% of my time getting intoxicated trying to make time pass faster!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

death sticks

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'd try spice but probably give the water of life a skip

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Soma of course. happy forever

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tulip posted:

death sticks

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The weird sunlight from Rise of the Archons

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

All of the poo poo in The Culture that lets a person focus and turn off fear and poo poo with a thought. :smith:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Farscape. Not sure about any specific drug, because I think everybody was just drunk and high as like, the vibe.

mind the walrus posted:

All of the poo poo in The Culture that lets a person focus and turn off fear and poo poo with a thought. :smith:

Imagine Horza just clenching his fist at this, forever.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think Farscape's drug was dehydration and heat stroke. That show always seemed genuinely sweaty.

Tulip posted:

Horza can get eaten on that island idgaf

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
soma, or it's current friendly cousin, extremely high potency edibles

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
synthehol as originally envisioned would be pretty awesome to have. just get drunk as heck, and then basically shake it off and you're sober again. no hangovers, no liver damage. no drunk driving.

too bad those dillweed writers that came on later decided it was just lovely lite beer instead.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

The "zombie switch" from Blindsight/Echopraxia that lets you turn your consciousness off. gently caress being self-aware.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

mind the walrus posted:

I think Farscape's drug was dehydration and heat stroke. That show always seemed genuinely sweaty.

Horza can get eaten on that island idgaf

That's because after season one Lucas rented their studio space out from under them to waste his time on the prequels. They filmed the next three seasons in some not air conditioned tin storage rentals heating up by the sun like giant easy bake ovens. They were so thin they'd often have to hold up shooting because the noise of trucks and stuff outside made it so they couldn't hear each other delivering lines.

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004
A Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. My fetish is to have my brains smashed out by a lemon wrapped around a large gold brick

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

I would like drug glands. The ability to synthesize your own drugs would own. Also you could sober up instantly. I would try slo-mo though tbh that's what good weed does for me sometimes though to a lesser extent.

Tulip posted:

Farscape. Not sure about any specific drug, because I think everybody was just drunk and high as like, the vibe.

Horza was a jerk.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Robo Turnus posted:

Soma of course. happy forever
That's good, but I think I'll take a crazy AI god digitising me and then applying the code "10 PURE ECSTASY / 20 GOTO 10" so there's just eternal bliss and nothing else (well until someone manages to crash the entire system at least).

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I bet the experience of being an agent in Syndicate and having your controller hit the panic button that immediately injects you with insane amounts of three different equally insane drugs is quite a trip, too.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Robo Turnus posted:

Soma of course. happy for once

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

drooz

quote:

For those who like it, the faint insistent sweetness of drooz may perfume the ways of the city, drooz which first brings a great lightness and brilliance to the mind and limbs, and then after some hours a dreamy languor, and wonderful visions at last of the very arcana and inmost secrets of the Universe, as well as exciting the pleasure of sex beyond all belief; and it is not habit-forming. For more modest tastes I think there ought to be beer. What else, what else belongs in the joyous city? The sense of victory, surely, the celebration of courage. But as we did without clergy, let us do without soldiers. The joy built upon successful slaughter is not the right kind of joy; it will not do; it is fearful and it is trivial. A boundless and generous contentment, a magnanimous triumph felt not against some outer enemy but in communion with the finest and fairest in the souls of all men everywhere and the splendor of the world's summer; this is what swells the hearts of the people of Omelas, and the victory they celebrate is that of life. I really don't think many of them need to take drooz.

I'd walk away from omelas, but first pack my vehicle with a lifetime's worth of drooz.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I also want the The Culture drug glands

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i want that luck potion from hairy potter

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
I'd go for a pan-galactic gargle blaster or a dose of genre from West World.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

indigi posted:

I also want the The Culture drug glands

Yeah this.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Synthehol

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Everlasting Gobstopper.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

The Game from the TNG episode 'The Game' that gives you orgasms through your eyeballs for winning at VR tech demos

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd absolutely get hosed up on Mentats

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I’d like to take UltraJet and get +30 AP.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

id take a penfield mood organ from do androids dream of electric sheep

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the moon weed

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Squizzle posted:

the moon weed

You can get that poo poo here

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Does Skooma count? The cat people apparently once got so collectively high they literally went to the moon

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Skooma is a sci-fi drug because the Elder Scrolls is a sci-fi setting. You can basically replicate it by drinking the booze of your choice infused with coca leaf though, so I'd argue it was already real.

Aaron A Aardvark
Oct 31, 2010
One large Syrian Panther Sweat please

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Weed, but replicated on the Holodeck, which I'm using to live out a Cheech & Chong movie.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Those pills the Martians used in The Expanse that jack up your perception and telepathic ability which unfortunately the show seems to have dropped like a hot potato since season 2.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Synergine from the Vorkosaigan books
Man, that poo poo wod save so many lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Treestars