Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

PowerBeard posted:

They have it on the Epic Game Store, but not on Steam, so prepare to wait if you are so inclined.

Epic is gonna keep this up, huh? I wonder how many actual sales this tactic is getting, rather than just developers jumping on for a guaranteed payday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

yeah i know i can wait for them all to leave but life is too short for doing silent runs

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

StrixNebulosa posted:

happy birthday jordan cross

this is what happens when ALL the characters come in for a huge party

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

They have it on the Epic Game Store, but not on Steam, so prepare to wait if you are so inclined.

Or get it on the playstation like god intended.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Leal posted:

Or get it on the playstation like god intended.

This is probably why it's on EGS, since I doubt the numbers will be very good on the PC.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I definitely log onto EGS every week to get those free games so at least some part of their business strategy seems to be working

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

happy birthday jordan cross

party foul

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh man, this is the worst idea I've ever seen: https://www.pcgamer.com/the-culling-is-making-an-unexpected-return-with-a-baffling-business-model/

quote:

First off, you'll have to buy yourself a copy, unless you bought the original or played it when it was F2P. And that initial purchase will only get you so far. You'll be able to play one match every day, but to play more you'll have to spend tokens. Packs of tokens require yet more purchases, or you can shell out for online passes that last for either seven days or a month. It's ridiculous.

Players can play one match online each day
Players can play additional matches through the following means:
Winning an online match grants an Online Match Token
Packs of Online Match Tokens can be purchased (3 tokens = $0.99, 10 tokens = $2.99, 20 tokens = $4.99)
Online Passes providing unlimited online play can be purchased for 7 Days ($1.99) or 30 Days ($5.99)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow, that's impressive in how phenomenally stupid it is. why not just have a straight up mmo subscription if you're going to do something so convoluted?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

What a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And that’s for not a new game, but one that’s already crashed and burned twice? Are they actually offering anything new that they think people will want to pay for?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is this a protest or... or an art? Is this art?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That is completely insane, what are they even thinking?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol there's no way they go through with this after the bad word of mouth they're going to get before it even launches in this state.

... right? :ohdear:

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
The Culling is constantly pioneering new ways to flop spectacularly.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Anyone have any thoughts on Wintermoor Tactics Club? The feel and aesthetics seem up my alley but not sure about the gameplay

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Det_no posted:

The Culling is constantly pioneering new ways to flop spectacularly.

is this what a recursive flop looks like

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

"People who lose matches need to pay more to play" sounds like a winning formula for establishing a healthy player base and enticing new players.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Those prices are baffling. You can spend a dollar to get 3 tokens to play 3 matches. Or you can pay 2 for unlimited play for a full week. For a dollar more then the 20 token price, you can get a full month of unlimited play.

E: Why would you ever buy the 10 tokens when you can save a dollar and buy the 7 day pass.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Whoever’s funding that culling game has some impressive chaotic energy

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

game’s title increasingly looking like a self-referential pun

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Whoever’s funding that culling game has some impressive chaotic energy

did you say "chaotic energy" or "chuckie cheese" energy

Orv
May 4, 2011
Previously relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0rSYEoBMYM

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:yeshaha:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Amazing Dadrock energy

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Zeta Acosta posted:

hows pathfinder:kingmaker?

The Story is laughably bad and it's a D&D game. Well, Pathfinder, but that's way too much D&D. They learned absolutely nothing from RPGs post-BG2 and it shows. The game inherited all the weaknesses of BG.

It's okay if you like D&D with a GM who thinks an endless dungeon of permanent stat debuff fodder encounters is the height of game design.

But honestly, it's the story I find the most galling. It's so embarassingly cliche I barely made it through the tutorial.

[/rant]

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Leal posted:

Those prices are baffling. You can spend a dollar to get 3 tokens to play 3 matches. Or you can pay 2 for unlimited play for a full week. For a dollar more then the 20 token price, you can get a full month of unlimited play.

E: Why would you ever buy the 10 tokens when you can save a dollar and buy the 7 day pass.
That's intentional. It's to get people to buy the weekly/monthly passes instead of the tokens and see them as good value and like they're getting a deal. Though presumably if you're so good that you can keep winning a large percentage of the time but don't play too much maybe those tokens can last you longer. The whole thing falls under the weight of no one being interested in any of it, but the concept of bad low prices to make the bigger thing more favourable is not unusual. Check out grocery store deals for different size packages and you'll often find something twice as big selling for 10% more and regularly find sales where the bigger thing costs less than the smaller thing, or if the smaller things are on sale the reverse and buying two smalls costs less than one big despite having more.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe it is a protest. By rolling out this absurd pricing scheme on a game that is almost certain to fail, they're lessening the odds of anyone ever trying it on a game that people may actually want to play

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Zeta Acosta posted:

More games need sexy creatures of evil imo

Phlegmish posted:

:yeah:

Still fondly remember the succubus from Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, though we fell out in the end.

e: when are we going to get a sequel, that game was adolescent in all the best ways

The entire mordor spider discussion reminded me very much of that Sarkeesian stereotype video of women in games (or media). I think that one had the most impact for me because its one of the more prominent dumb tropes I never though about before. I played the game the other day for the first time just before the discussion ITT and that though was the first that crossed my mind. It really is just a sexist trope carried throughout the ages.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
There are a handful of some truly tedious, terrible fights in Act 4 and that includes the final boss fight. (Divinity Original Sin 2)

I'm very upset with this game. Here I was, enjoying 97% of DOS2, then all this happens in the final stretch.

Edit: Whew, finally beat the game. What a relief. It only took 100 hours.

Jamfrost fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 12, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jamfrost posted:

There are a handful of some truly tedious, terrible fights in Act 4 and that includes the final boss fight. (Divinity Original Sin 2)

I'm very upset with this game. Here I was, enjoying 97% of DOS2, then all this happens in the final stretch.

My friend and I played it co op and we never finished the game because we couldn't beat the last fight. My friend is a moron that triggers attacks of opportunity on his characters for no reason though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you kill the final boss first all of his summons despawn, so the easiest way to beat the encounter is to immediately yoink him into your melee line and wail on him for dear life.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

My friend and I played it co op and we never finished the game because we couldn't beat the last fight. My friend is a moron that triggers attacks of opportunity on his characters for no reason though.

exquisite tea posted:

If you kill the final boss first all of his summons despawn, so the easiest way to beat the encounter is to immediately yoink him into your melee line and wail on him for dear life.

I ended up abusing the AI by slapping Ruptured Tendons on Vredeman immediately, KO-ing Dallis to trigger Phase 2, and then letting Lucian with his surviving party members battle a severely injured V-man before destroying everyone with a Thunderstorm. It only took 3 or 4 tries and 2 hours. :yayclod: And this was on the one-star difficulty, Explorer.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa posted:

Humble Indie Bundle 21

$1
Hotline Miami
Beat Cop
Dustforce DX
Hamble Wallpaper Pack
Hamble Coloring Pages

Beat the average(Currently $7.23)
Moonlighter
25% off Moonlighter: Between Dimensions
Gato Roboto
[More games to be revealed next week]

$15
Hypnospace Outlaw
Starbound

You're probably better off just buying Hypnospace on a sale, but that's just my opinion.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I agree that most of that bundle is middling to filler trash that i guarantee most people here will never ever play (the only standout one is Hotline Miami which is regularly 99 cents these days); however, Hypnospace is $20 on Steam (no-sale) and $15 through the bundle so that's still a good deal

Everyone should play Hypnospace Outlaw though, it's absolutely ungodly phenomenal and would have been GOTY in 2019 if not for Disco Elysium & Outer Wilds (the good indie game, not the garbage obsidian game). Just really such an absolutely amazing feels game, and it doesn't even just lean on nostalgia for 'haha remember that time when...', like it's actually a fun social-engineering and puzzle game and meat behind it.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Dustforce is no slouch. It’s a cool game, with an unusual combo of a very chill vibe with a fairly demanding platforming perfectionist challenge.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you somehow dont own hotline or dustforce they are definitely worth a buck.

ive seen very mediocre things about moonlighter

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
"Pay 14$ to get Starbound, one of the worst Terraria clones of its generation! Happy tenth birthday!"

Oh Humble Bundle, you sure know just how to celebrate your existence, don't you.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

got a spare hotline miami if anyone wants

0KY*V-QG*E0-*G540

three seven nine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cardiovorax posted:

"Pay 14$ to get Starbound, one of the worst Terraria clones of its generation! Happy tenth birthday!"

Oh Humble Bundle, you sure know just how to celebrate your existence, don't you.
Starbound is really bad but you're technically paying $14 for Hypnospace Outlaw which is extremely good, and just coincidentally also a key for a bad game by pure happenstance