Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

cmndstab posted:

If the Crows aren't willing to follow arbitrary and unnecessary rules imposed on them by a body that doesn't actually care about fairness, what are they doing in the AFL?

Holy gently caress the guidance from state health bodies is "arbitrary" and unnecessary now. You loving backward dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I read that as the afl are the body he’s talking about

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
And again, I have to agree. What are Adelaide doing in the afl?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Quantum Shart posted:

Holy gently caress the guidance from state health bodies is "arbitrary" and unnecessary now. You loving backward dipshit.

Seriously though settle down he was joking about the afl

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Adelaide seem like theyd be much happier if they just joined the SANFL and left the AFL altogether

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/tommorris32/status/1259697898335334401?s=19

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Quantum Shart posted:

They were actually complying with the guidance from the state health body I think?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Chairchucker posted:

They were actually complying with the guidance from the state health body I think?

They were a group of young footballers who wouldn't know guidance if it slapped them in the face.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Largepotato posted:

They were a group of young footballers who wouldn't know guidance if it slapped them in the face.

Which is why what they were doing was run past and approved by the relevant authorities in advance

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Which is why what they were doing was run past and approved by the relevant authorities in advance

Except for one relevant authority

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

It's literally All the state bodies that need to sign off you know cause there are teams in 5 states, NSW and QLD restrictions ease on Friday. Fmd

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

realbez posted:

Adelaide FC needs a hard reboot. Start the whole thing again with absolutely no one currently involved.

Punishment should be forcing them to keep the current mob

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

realbez posted:

Except for one relevant authority

Which one is that?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Quantum Shart posted:

Settle down mate, leave that kind of performative outrage to Twitter or Bigfooty where it belongs, this thread is better than that crap. I was talking about the AFL. The state guidance here in SA is that groups of up to ten are fine. The reason all state bodies were considered and their suggestions aggregated was to avoid certain states receiving a competitive advantage, not because there is deemed to be any health risk if players based in SA don't follow the guidelines designed for other states.

If the AFL thinks it is a competitive advantage for a few players to kick the ball to each other in a state where it is deemed to be fine, they have the authority to prevent it, and the clubs need to follow the rules, so I'm not complaining about us receiving a penalty. No surprises that it was Ben Hart responsible for the breach too, sigh.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 11, 2020

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Which one is that?

lol hmm

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

realbez posted:

Adelaide FC needs a hard reboot. Start the whole thing again with absolutely no one currently involved.

Now this is a plan I think we can all get behind!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

cmndstab posted:

this thread is better than that crap.

is it tho?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
They might as well bring back names on players jumpers imo

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I think it’s honestly pretty simple. Adelaide did the wrong thing. Every other club has been abiding by those rules the AFL set out. Even neighbouring Port. If it wasn’t against the rules the AFL set out then every club would be doing what Adelaide was doing the moment they were legally allowed to by their state rules. Would it be different if it was a Vic club? We’ll never know, a Vic club hasn’t done it so it’s a pointless argument. That being said, I don’t think what Adelaide has done is *that* bad. So, give them a punishment but don’t make it too crazy. If they or another club do it again - beef up the punishment.

Or, we could just kick Adelaide out of the AFL and they can join the SANFL and we can have them and the best of the SANFL vs a best of Victoria team once a year in some kind of “state of origination of birth” style game which would be a new and exciting concept. Perhaps make it an AFLX match to really spice things up and give people what they want.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thepokey posted:

Every other club has been abiding by those rules the AFL set out.

Chris Dittmar reckons 5 other clubs have broken the rules, and should receive the same punishment, but won't.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NTRabbit posted:

Chris Dittmar reckons 5 other clubs have broken the rules, and should receive the same punishment, but won't.

Wow, shocked to hear that an adelaide radio personality is feeding his grievance craving audience

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
It's kinda sad that anyone here thinks it was anything more than dumb footballers being dumb footballers.

Hart getting 6 weeks for not properly supervising his children is more fair enough.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

snaeksikn posted:

They might as well bring back names on players jumpers imo

Yes. Also scrap the bounce and the father/son rule.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just go back to being the vfl so we can play each team twice and have a shorter final series

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Largepotato posted:

It's kinda sad that anyone here thinks it was anything more than dumb footballers being dumb footballers.

Hart getting 6 weeks for not properly supervising his children is more fair enough.

I think I also heard Nicks was interviewed the day before the little “camp” saying they had nothing like that planned, it would suggest players/Hart just being dumb independently

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

thepokey posted:

I think it’s honestly pretty simple. Adelaide did the wrong thing. Every other club has been abiding by those rules the AFL set out. Even neighbouring Port. If it wasn’t against the rules the AFL set out then every club would be doing what Adelaide was doing the moment they were legally allowed to by their state rules. Would it be different if it was a Vic club? We’ll never know, a Vic club hasn’t done it so it’s a pointless argument. That being said, I don’t think what Adelaide has done is *that* bad. So, give them a punishment but don’t make it too crazy. If they or another club do it again - beef up the punishment.

Yeah, pretty much. The AFL sets the rules, if you break them then you cop a whack.

If it is the case that other clubs have also broken the rules, they should similarly be whacked.

As lock as the size of the whack suits the indiscretion, then there's no issue.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, I didn't know about the Chris Dittmar thing ... this changes everything!

Actually, no it doesn't.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chairchucker posted:

Yes. Also scrap the bounce and the father/son rule.

The bounce is funny if only because it’s a chance to watch a teammate gently caress it up and falcon themselves during training, always a laugh.

But yeah those are both smart ideas.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-...laide-c-1032526

quote:

Plans to see AFL’s return could be under threat as South Australian health authorities slam the brakes on interstate travel exemptions.

In an email between itself and the AFL, seen by 7NEWS, SA Health has ruled out any changes to the state’s current 14-day quarantine requirement for those crossing the borders.

Without an exemption, visiting teams would be required to stay locked up for a fortnight before they play.

Vicbias

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
non-vic teams should all have derbies in week 1, that gives the afl an extra week breathing room and hope the remaining states relax their travel bans by mid june, if not, SA and WA teams play eachother in the two following weeks in 'hubs' and if restrictions are still in place by the end of june, all teams come to victoria and keep playing until they're allowed to host games back home.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Just cancel footy

forever

and then wait for the apocalypse to finish us all off

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Eastern states teams should move to two hubs in SA and WA, and serve a 14 day quarantine before the season restarts in objectively the two safest states.

Or, just not restart at all.

Those are the only options, anything else is just wrong and risking the health of everyone to satisfy the Vic first agenda.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 12, 2020

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

All teams should move to Antarctica.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Those are only the two safest states because they're the two states people leave and never come back to.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Eastern states teams should move to two hubs in SA and WA, and serve a 14 day quarantine before the season restarts in objectively the two safest states.

Or, just not restart at all.

Those are the only options, anything else is just wrong and risking the health of everyone to satisfy the Vic first agenda.

Pretty sure forcing people to stay in Adelaide or Perth violates some kind of Geneva convention article

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
SA and WA don't want to catch any nasty Eastern state cooties.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This East Coast elitism has always been very weird and unfounded.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Chairchucker posted:

This East Coast elitism has always been very weird and unfounded.

Same with west state victim complex

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Pretty much all of Australia is excellent to live in so I've never understood either.

Adelaide is a beautiful city and a fantastic place to raise a family. If I wasn't going to be here, I'd probably move to Melbourne which is also a beautiful city and a fantastic place to raise a family. It seems very strange to me that people could hold such a strong opinion about either one being so much better than the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

We are all agreed that the North half of Australia sucks though, right?