Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Very speedwagon-y I like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Vookatos posted:

Ok, if you're not trolling here, I wanna hear all your (wrong) opening opinions.

for the record I don't think those two are bad all the way, just that they have aurally unpleasant and jarring spots (the oras and the sono chi no kioku itself in sono chi no kioku, the mush-mouth-sounding vocals and whatever the annoying childlike noise is in 0:41-0:50 in great days) that drag the whole ops down. like an apple that's otherwise amazing but has a rotten spot in the middle. traitor's requiem also has this issue but slightly less so (the part just before the hell no and the very end)

other than that I don't really have a ranking system, each other op is great in its own way because each one generates a distinct tone that matches the part and the protagonist

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

MelvinBison posted:

I like your shirt.

I'm going to assume that g0m's Stand cry.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

do we have any rumblings on how long until stone ocean is animated

i long for fridays

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i long for fridays

It took a year or more between Diamond and Golden Wind, so probably not until late this year or sometime next year.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

overmind2000 posted:

It just occurred to me that there's a pretty big hole in the Head Doctor being Tooru's Stand theory. Back in chapter 76 the Head Doctor and Wu were at the orchard disguised as ambulance drivers. Unless Tooru projected his Stand to create a disguised illusion that was also driving the ambulance it's pretty unlikely that the Head Doctor is just a Stand.

Looking back on it my point that the Head Doctor isn't a Stand because he was driving the ambulance doesn't hold up considering what we've seen in the past. Stands can totally drive vehicles if needed

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

overmind2000 posted:

Stands can totally drive vehicles if needed

Yeah, even as far back as part 3 you had stuff like hermit purple being able to fly airplanes.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

AU where Joseph beat Terrence at F Zero.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i long for fridays

i don't have any idea anymore with what's going on in the world

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

OFFICER LIGER posted:

i long for fridays

i don't expect to hear much about new projects for a while, given *vaguely waves hand outside*

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Giving part 4 a rewatch...did Joseph arrive in Morioh by boat only because he simply could not be trusted in aircrafts any longer?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Giving part 4 a rewatch...did Joseph arrive in Morioh by boat only because he simply could not be trusted in aircrafts any longer?
It's harder to crash a boat but i am sure he can manage.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Toplowtech posted:

It's harder to crash a boat but i am sure he can manage.

The villain's plan was to crash an airplane into the boat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Boats are closer to dolphins, QED.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Interested how the svelter modern incarnations of the Crusaders would look now drawn big again, but how Araki drew the guy from The Run in particular.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

have we ruled out the possibility that Head Doctor is a stand that also has its own stand?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

OFFICER LIGER posted:

have we ruled out the possibility that Head Doctor is a stand that also has its own stand?

He's the hospital's Stand, like Les Feuilles for Shakedown Road.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Man I just finished part 5 of the manga but it's surprisingly short and wraps up real cleanly all of a sudden?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Man I just finished part 5 of the manga but it's surprisingly short and wraps up real cleanly all of a sudden?

And then Doppio walks in carrying a cake. Happy birthday, Bruno!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you mean happy mother's day

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Not sure how to feel about Bruno making a face that's more fitting on Josuke.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

Looking back on it my point that the Head Doctor isn't a Stand because he was driving the ambulance doesn't hold up considering what we've seen in the past. Stands can totally drive vehicles if needed

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah, even as far back as part 3 you had stuff like hermit purple being able to fly airplanes.
Yeah, you can't really hold all stands to whatever rules were established in whatever part. You gotta look at them case by case. Joseph's rear end pulls continue to resonate to this day.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Moody Blues flew an airplane

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hermit purple kind of explicitly interfaces with technology so it's not like it's even controversial for it to be used to control a plane

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

OFFICER LIGER posted:

Moody Blues flew an airplane

Speed King drove a car

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Can Smith-san pilot a real plane or only Aerosmith

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Can Smith-san pilot a real plane or only Aerosmith

How big of an airplane are we talking

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

How big of an airplane are we talking

Let's start small and say Akira's plane

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I feel like we are just past 2/3rds of jojolion pacing wise. I dont know why but us now starting to get to know the head doctor at this point feels like we're setting up for something major to happen...I think this is some kind of fake out plot wise though and we're going to see kaato as the main big bad with jobin usurping the doctor.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

OFFICER LIGER posted:

I feel like we are just past 2/3rds of jojolion pacing wise. I dont know why but us now starting to get to know the head doctor at this point feels like we're setting up for something major to happen...I think this is some kind of fake out plot wise though and we're going to see kaato as the main big bad with jobin usurping the doctor.

if it's 2/3, that's crazy. I'd expect more like 4/5

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

we are only finishing up the intro to jojolion

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Ten more years! Ten more years! Ten more years!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is this comic really 89 years old?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is the DiU movie worth watching at all?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s the Rohan stuff right? I haven’t watched the animated version but the manga story it’s based on is pretty good

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I think he means the live action movie by Takashi Miike, which is a fun watch that makes some interesting directorial changes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nah, i think they mean the takashi miike venture that was live action

and in response to that: i've only heard that it's pretty okay if you like takashi miike stuff. i have no experience with the things he's done, so, whatever.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Oh I completely forgot that happened

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2IecLNcDCA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

nah, i think they mean the takashi miike venture that was live action

and in response to that: i've only heard that it's pretty okay if you like takashi miike stuff. i have no experience with the things he's done, so, whatever.

You haven't seen Audition?

None of his stuff is really anything like the other, so it doesn't really matter since you can't make a comparison with his 2 billion movies.

The DiU movie is a really good adaptation of the first 3rd or so with a hint of the villain EXCEPT there's not enough posing, which is the only thing missing but a big thing.