Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

Hey Applebees App...

You know what needs to be done.

Ha!

No :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

YOU GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO WHERE TRUMP RUNS AWAY FROM TWO TINY LADY REPORTERS

No I havent. I havent seen his tweets, listened to anything or read anything. Because frankly even one more second of that dunb gently caress taking my attention is not worth the impotent fury

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

STR posted:

I stole the pic from reddit, and it wasn't the owner that posted the pic. I have no idea if the owner knows or not. And I kinda doubt he's going for authenticity anyway.

If we're gonna get pedantic about it, only the country of origin and the frequency is wrong. I think half of Japan uses either 100V or 110V at their sockets (100 would be just barely outside of the tolerance for something meant for 110V), but at 50 hZ in some parts, 60 in others? Nearly identical 2 prong plug that we use here, so that cord/plug would be proper.

Japan is 100V; generally 60Hz West, 50Hz East.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
New tractor.

Get to pick it up next week hopefully. The dealer is going to set the rear tires out another 7-8” and fill with washer fluid. Plus the usual prep.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Yeah, it was contract competition between Bosch and GE I think? Germany and the US anyways, so now half the country is 50Hz and the other half 60Hz.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

No I havent. I havent seen his tweets, listened to anything or read anything. Because frankly even one more second of that dumb gently caress taking my attention is not worth the impotent fury

:emptyquote:

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

honestly a couple of you still seem to think this is just a nasty flu. It's not. It's more infectious and more lethal than the 1918 variety without the best hospital care - and even with a milder case it's going to slam you hard.

This was definitely me when this all started, and I was very, very wrong (clearly). I'm not the most prolific poster, but I do apologize for my poo poo posting on this subject.

STR, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and your cousin, I hope you're doing alright.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Holy. gently caress.

https://www.ign.com/articles/tony-hawks-pro-skater-1-and-2-remake-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-pc

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hell to the yes

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

LS swap into 2001 Sonoma is a go. :getin:

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Coredump posted:

May 12 Quarantine Productivity Update:

gently caress I hate digging fence posts. Most of my last few weekends have been helping my parents remove an old lovely fence and put in a new one in their front yard. Soil is hard clay with big goddamn rocks everywhere. Been jacking out the fence posts but the concrete has been cracking and staying in the ground so we still have to dig that out, and we are adding a bunch of new posts. I convinced my dad to buy the farm jack for removing old posts (only one pulled out with the concrete :cry:) and an SDS hammer drill to chop the dirt up (surprisingly effective).

That little cabinet was sitting in the garage empty, so I slapped it on the side of the lathe cart. You can also see on top the little art pencil drawers that I got to organize small drills and sundry. Soon I'm going to build a matching cart for the blasting cabinet I got. Gonna put the compressors on the bottom (I have two smaller Fortress compressors, I'm putting together a manifold so I can run them in tandem).

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Coredump posted:

Yessssss.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Sounds like fencing at my old mans farm. If it’s skeletal soils over sandstone full of weathered sandstone clays it’s a quartzite ridge that’s impossible to dig a small hole in. Last fence we had to put in along the ridge line we ended up using the SDS to drill anchor bolts into boulders and a chain on the loader to pluck stones ranging from basketball to small gym ball out of the hole.

Then you get my place where we’ve got a meter of black, heavy top soil over three meters of yellow clay. Means i wound up with 85 cubic meters of concrete in my 180 square meter foundation and if you install a fence post down the suggested 600mm all it will do is fall over mid winter when the soil is wet and the wind comes up

blk
Dec 19, 2009
How much is everyone actually driving these days? I think I'm down to 100 miles/month.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Driving about half or less what we normally do in the Canyon, which still amounts to a decent chunk of miles - but now it's mostly my wife driving, not me.

I haven't bought a tank of gasoline since February.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Ferremit posted:

Sounds like fencing at my old mans farm. If it’s skeletal soils over sandstone full of weathered sandstone clays it’s a quartzite ridge that’s impossible to dig a small hole in.

It was a cobblestone mine.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

blk posted:

How much is everyone actually driving these days? I think I'm down to 100 miles/month.

I think I'm down to maybe 150 a month. Used to drive around 300 a week.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

blk posted:

Ummm.... about 4kms a day at best?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I normally do about 3500-4000Kms.. down to about 1500. Did about 200 today alone.

"Essential"

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I moved my Jeep about 100 feet today. Before that, I dropped off rent on April 1st, which is probably ... two miles, total?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

blk posted:

I'm working from home and only going out for groceries, pet food, and the occasional home improvement thing so...50 miles a month?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

blk posted:

I'm doing some driving just to keep batteries topped up. Probably 200 miles a month right now? Debating getting a trickle charger, anyone have brand/model recommendations?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

A Small Car posted:

This was definitely me when this all started, and I was very, very wrong (clearly). I'm not the most prolific poster, but I do apologize for my poo poo posting on this subject.

STR, I'm sorry to hear about your friend and your cousin, I hope you're doing alright.

Thing to remember in comparing it to the 1918 flu? That was the worst pandemic death wise since the introduction of smallpox to North America.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I haven't driven anywhere since the 30th of March. I am definitely not missing being sat in traffic every morning.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'm doing some driving just to keep batteries topped up. Probably 200 miles a month right now? Debating getting a trickle charger, anyone have brand/model recommendations?
If you want a combo, Optima makes a nice charger which automatically handles both trickle and full charging, as well as their batteries and standard lead acid.

Alternatively, if you park outside / away from power, I threw together a pretty inexpensive solar charger from Amazon parts that works quite well - I started my mustang today for the first time since early March and it fired right up. It’s been street parked for almost exactly two months with a solar panel sitting on the dash.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Speaking of batteries, came across this company yesterday:
https://www.deadweightindustries.co.uk/

Reducing weight from 15-25kg to 2-5.5kg is pretty cool.

Sure easier than stopping eating that Big Mac with extra cheeeese.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 10:27 on May 13, 2020

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I have half dozen battery tender juniors on various cars and batteries, haven't had any failures and no batteries have died while on them. Other brands I know people have good experience with are Schumacher and CTEK.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

The CTEK trickle chargers are excellent and have a warranty that works. I have 4 and had one replaced recently that stopped working. It took one online form and then a replacement arrived within a week along with instruction for me to scrap the broken one myself.

I'm using the XS 0.8 (which is the cheapest one at about £35) on all my vehicles. I either have them mounted in the vehicles or have the included 12V quick connector permanently wired to the battery and dangling hidden around the front bumper/grille somewhere.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Around 80km a day still. Havent stopped doing around 1100-1200km a fortnight since the rona hit. Apparently I count as essential...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I've got a couple cars that are outside and barely driven at all. So I just looked at Amazon for a solar charger.

It's interesting to see how prices are reacting to the current state of affairs. Random solar charger on Amazon is up 25% over just a few months ago. Looks like lots of people have cars that aren't staying topped up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Be careful about chargers... I've heard of multiple garages that burned down because of them and one of my friends had it happen to him. Took his house with it. And he was home when it happened, which is the only reason they got anything out of the fire.

Either buy a really good one, or build it a fireproof but ventilated box to live in while keeping your cars charged up.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Galler posted:

I'm working from home and only going out for groceries, pet food, and the occasional home improvement thing so...50 miles a month?

Ditto; groceries only when I need to do the monthly shop, i'm doing less than 30 miles a month.

It is pleasing that the Toyota Purple starts with no grumbles after being left for multiple weeks at a time.

NitroSpazzz posted:

I have half dozen battery tender juniors on various cars and batteries, haven't had any failures and no batteries have died while on them. Other brands I know people have good experience with are Schumacher and CTEK.

Had a CTEK on the Miata for keeping the AGM battery alive and I was very satisfied with it. The included quick disconnect was well-made too.

Didn't burn MY garage down A++ would buy again.

meltie fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 13, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Tomarse posted:

The CTEK trickle chargers are excellent and have a warranty that works. I have 4 and had one replaced recently that stopped working. It took one online form and then a replacement arrived within a week along with instruction for me to scrap the broken one myself.

I'm using the XS 0.8 (which is the cheapest one at about £35) on all my vehicles. I either have them mounted in the vehicles or have the included 12V quick connector permanently wired to the battery and dangling hidden around the front bumper/grille somewhere.

CTEK trickle charger is good. I have something like the 4.0 or whatever (the one before bluetooth) and it works reliably year round.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I have a CTEK automatic one as well. Decided to go with something well known and good instead of the cheap store branded ones that are scary cheap. CTEK ones aren't that expensive neither.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I'm still driving 30 miles every weekday because I'm an essential worker (medical logistics) and my state is going "welp time to open up" already.

Also some of my coworkers are the dumbest motherfuckers in the world.

Here's a teaser. This is actually someone I used to work with who is way off the deep end. Surely people on the front lines are more sane...

Oh. Well he's right I mean viruses are small but masks aren't used to protect the wearer either...

gently caress me running. As an American I'm sorry my people can't fathom doing something that doesn't personally benefit themselves.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 13, 2020

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

A Small Car posted:

Hanging in there. Pissed as hell at one of the overnight leads, he implied my boss was very unhappy about me leaving mid-shift when I found out. I ripped into the lead and told him I found out about a death of a family member and to stop being a dick, he knew drat well why I left early. This is the same lead who opened his mouth about why I was out for a week (and I've had several people confirm he's the one who opened his mouth about it). The only reason he knew is he sometimes doubles as the manager in charge; he answered the phone one night when I called in while under quarantine, and asked why (which he's not supposed to do - I told him I was under doctor-mandated quarantine and that's all he needed to know).

Turns out boss was surprised I came in. We get an automatic paid day off anytime a distant family member dies (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc), 2 days paid for close family (parents, children, siblings) - doesn't hit your vacation, sick pay, etc, doesn't matter how long you've been with the company. HR is gonna love me - I'd forgotten about that policy, boss reminded me of it. Hopefully I can just get them to round my check up to 40 hours instead, since between leaving early, and the small trucks lately, I'm gonna be lucky to clear 32 hours this week, and I'm off all of next week (luckily my orangeface check, and my last paycheck, went to paying my credit cards off and paying off 2 old utility collections, so I can just use CCs for a bit after I come back and still have enough breathing room to pay rent). No idea what kind of proof they'll want, but I'm throwing his rear end under the bus for being unprofessional as hell about that and for opening his mouth. I got a serious rear end chewing over people in the store knowing why I was out. Multiple people told me he was the one who opened his mouth.

blk posted:

A lot more now. My commute was 1.8 miles each way, it's now 10.5 miles. Gotta love being an essential worker!

I was down to filling up once a month (and that's just because I don't like getting below half a tank)... looks like it's gonna be twice a month now, and that's if I let it get a bit lower than I prefer to. That's just for work.

I did drive downtown a couple of weeks ago just to see how Dirty Sixth looked (6th Street is the party district in Austin). Everything is boarded up, homeless everywhere, most ATMs smashed (only one had the actual vault opened). Gone to a couple of trails. Now that I'm actively moving stuff, I have about a 12 mile trip each way if I'm going to the new place, or about 5 miles if I'm just going to my storage unit. There's plenty of trips between the old (shared) storage unit and new (me only) storage unit that wind up being about 3 miles each way.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 13, 2020

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Previa_fun posted:

I'm still driving 30 miles every weekday because I'm an essential worker (medical logistics) and my state is going "welp time to open up" already.

Also some of my coworkers are the dumbest motherfuckers in the world.

Here's a teaser. This is actually someone I used to work with who is way off the deep end. Surely people on the front lines are more sane...

Oh. Well he's right I mean viruses are small but masks aren't used to protect the wearer either...

gently caress me running. As an American I'm sorry my people can't fathom doing something that doesn't personally benefit themselves.

To be fair, there are many valid points (and some really stupid points) in those pictures. Problem is that the idiots posting them don't understand even the basics anyway, so it doesn't matter if some points are correct.
However, improperly used gear will at best negate the point of using them, and at worst do more harm than good. Gloves are pointless unless you use them for a specific task and then remove them. It's much better to frequently wash your hands and use sanitizer. When we go into rooms with COVID19 patients we wear gloves and then remove them (and all the other protective gear in a strict order) before going outside the room (and wash our hands). You see all these people walking around touching everything with their drat gloves (their shopping, phones, face, wallet, etc) because of the false sense of security.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

MrOnBicycle posted:

I have a CTEK automatic one as well. Decided to go with something well known and good instead of the cheap store branded ones that are scary cheap. CTEK ones aren't that expensive neither.

yeah i think mine was 59 bucks

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

Same all seem to do fine, and nothing has hurt anything yet. I picked up a HF float/trickle charger for $5 a few months ago I ha ent tried but every other amazon special combined with old Stanley and whatever do the job just fine. Get a $20-25 one on amazon with 1000 good reviews and don’t worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm driving about 35 miles a day but that's just to and from work. Maybe another 20 making grocery runs. The truck is up to 16.7mpg or 450ish per tank so it's still cheaper yo run than the MS6.