Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

teen witch posted:

Something is amiss then, as I cannot paste anything? gently caress (but thanks for the vid!)

I've noticed that with app I have to hit the blank area twice sometimes for the paste command to come up. That could be it.

Also you could open notepad and see if it pastes in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Nope - not even that’ll work. I’m cursed

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

teen witch posted:

Nope - not even that’ll work. I’m cursed

Check that the shortcut is correct

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

YEAH! So, I had another shortcut screwing with it! Thanks so much

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

teen witch posted:

YEAH! So, I had another shortcut screwing with it! Thanks so much

Amazing!

Pretty kitty too!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Grace Baiting posted:

Help me, pokey man kenobi~~~

On it!

You know, eventually.

Nondevor posted:

Nah, newbie avatars still show up as the old one on mobile even after clearing my cache a couple times after that - dunno what other app options I could try out to see if it’d affect anything.

I'll add it to the list.

heeheex2 posted:

having an only-on-wifi option for embed tweets, show avatars, show images and animate gifs.

Makes sense! I'll +1 it.

the yeti posted:

Cosmetic issue, if you highlight some text and let the context menu appear, scrolling down it just hangs out at the top forever

Ah yeah that's annoying. I will add it to the list!

spanky the dolphin posted:

Feature request - haptic feedback on buttons and pull to refresh / next page triggers.

You're allowed to re-request this every couple years ;) I'll +1 it on the list!

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not sure this would be possible but drat it would be nice to break down the bookmarks by sub forum.

It’s a pain to try and find one sometimes when it gets bumped way down the list.

This is one of those things that's hard to do well for boring reasons. I feel your pain, but it probably isn't feasible.

bort posted:

My back/open menu button disappears from time to time, and I use parent forum to work around it. I go back a page if I can’t get it

On iPad?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Last read markers are loving up somehow, it’ll show the right amount of unread posts and send me to the last page instead of only showing unread.

That's curious, Awful should just be doing the equivalent of clicking the unread posts link on the website. Is it one thread in particular? Any chance you've read some of the thread on another device or in a browser and Awful was showing an old unread count?

the yeti posted:

Looking at the announcements, for a while awful was displaying LAB’s av by lowtax’s name:

Going to lowtax’s profile displayed his actual ability and after that the app seemed to show it correctly on the announcement as well.

Announcements are a dumpster fire. I think this is a website bug that Awful is Faithfully Replicating, but there's no reason we need to do that. I'll add it to the list!

shortspecialbus posted:

While my previous post about long pressing an image still is a thing, I just had this scroll to the top in a thread when I am positive my fingers weren't near any edge. I may take this thing to an apple store as it might have some sort of issue. I've only noticed it in Awful, that I can remember, but I don't use other apps that scroll all that often.

Edit: now doing it more frequently and it happened twice in my pinball game where it randomly paused (the pause button is the top of the screen). Definitely hardware, will contact apple. This is not an awful app issue.

Edit 2, on the off chance anyone is interested - I went into draw mode in the notes app, put the iPad Pro in landscape mode, and let it sit a while. I was hoping to get definitive evidence of phantom presses. It worked - There's a small dot where it drew with the phantom presses right on what would be the top edge of the screen in portrait mode. Hopefully Apple will replace it, I think I have applecare on it.

This makes me so happy because I'm getting the same thing on my iPad Pro, but I've been seeing it in every app for awhile so I knew it wasn't Awful and was pretty sure it's hardware. Didn't think to do a notes drawing to show the touches, that's brilliant. (I had considered making a dumb app that just logs touches, but then figured rolling into the Apple Store with a custom app showing problems might not be so convincing.)

It's not really the right thread for it but I'd love to know what happens if you send it in.

Zesty posted:

Adding someone to your ignore list on the app doesn’t add them to your ignore list on the browser. Bug or no way around that?

Bug. There is a problem changing the list when you have an admin or mod on there, but the app should tell you when it has a problem. The app just says "successfully added"?

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Somehow I had recently set my browser to something awful instead of safari. I wasn’t able to view any links clicked with this setup. I wasn’t even able to back out to the app. It just took me to a blank page and forced me to close the app.

This has been a bug for awhile and I have no idea what's going wrong. Sorry. It's on my list though!

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

something's off with the spacing and pushing the word Unread out of the box. it's not every thread but seems to happen on about 50% of them.

e: text in the tweaks menu is black on dark mode.

baram. fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 2, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

YouTube imbedded videos are working amazingly!

This is a nice change!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Holy poo poo YouTube embed!

Also hey is there some way to remove people from my ignore list on mobile? I accidentally added my first person ever while scrolling and I can’t get them back to normal.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Most threads seem to open slightly zoomed in so casual scrolling makes them jump all over the place and kills right swipe to go back until I pinch zoom out. Also playing a webm/gifv just now made the page it was on refresh for some reason.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there a way to get an embedded mp4's url besides hitting quote and copying out of there?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I'm popping in with the opposite reaction about Youtube embeds, ha.

On the forums there is an option to just display links rather than embeds with the video tag, and it'd be cool if the app could respect the user's settings, or failing that, provide its own similar setting regarding this behavior. I poked around but didn't find anything, which is how I ended up here. Thanks :)

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

stuffed crust punk posted:

Is there a way to get an embedded mp4's url besides hitting quote and copying out of there?

Wondering the same

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the forums itself now allows you to quote posts from closed threads and in the goldmine etc, could you add this in the app as well?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

You can do it in closed forums now, like the goldmine, and also archived posts. There aren't any buttons yet so you have to url edit. I can make the buttons work too but yeah, it is no longer impossible to grab bbcode from archived or goldmined posts.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Rolo posted:

Holy poo poo YouTube embed!

:toot:

My question is how do I private message someone?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

`Nemesis posted:

Wondering the same

Thirding. I genuinely didn’t realize they were YouTube embeds until popping in here right now.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

:toot:

My question is how do I private message someone?

Tap their username and pick the PM option.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Tap their username and pick the PM option.

That’s what I was trying

I have the platinum grenade so I should have PMs right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s there for me?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

That’s what I was trying

It looks like you don't have PM's enabled on your account? You might have to log into the web version to turn it on.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

That’s what I was trying

Weird, that’s what I see when I tap my own username.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

It looks like you don't have PM's enabled on your account? You might have to log into the web version to turn it on.

I just sent them a PM without getting the message that they’ve got PM’s disabled.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Weird, it’s just not for me.

iOS 13.3.1 on iPhone XR

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Weird, it’s just not for me.

iOS 13.3.1 on iPhone XR

This is what I see on the web version.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

MarcusSA posted:

This is what I see on the web version.

Thanks I logged on to the website and fixed it my bad. Don’t know why it was set that way.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The forums now have "super moderators" and the app doesn't put stars by their names.

Have fun with that one!

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

...! posted:

The forums now have "super moderators" and the app doesn't put stars by their names.

Have fun with that one!

You could re-purpose the star icon currently used in the Forum menu for this - star outline indicates regular mod and filled star indicates supermod?

What is a supermod?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

...! posted:

Have fun with that one!

SALR doesn't seem to know how to handle them either. I'm not sure if there's any way to detect them.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
That's what I suspect as well. Hence the "have fun!"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

spanky the dolphin posted:

You could re-purpose the star icon currently used in the Forum menu for this - star outline indicates regular mod and filled star indicates supermod?

What is a supermod?

Mod power for all of SA: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910321

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

Most threads seem to open slightly zoomed in so casual scrolling makes them jump all over the place and kills right swipe to go back until I pinch zoom out. Also playing a webm/gifv just now made the page it was on refresh for some reason.

I think the reason why the page is zoomed in is because something happens when a mp4 or gifv is quoted that extends the quote box beyond the screen.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I don’t know if it’s been brought up before, but would it be feasible to enable the image embeds in Rap Sheets to work? I’d like to see the funny pictures.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is it intended that mp4's don't have sound on when played? I have to activate sound by increasing or decreasing volume on my iPhone as the video plays.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Any chance we can get an extra page back/forward mapping to cmd-left arrow and cmd-right arrow? Safari has this has a hidden mapping and it's much easier for one handed operation on a keyboard. Safari supports both cmd-[ ] and cmd-arrows for these operations.

Also, if there's future plans for explicit pointer / gesture support, two finger swipes on trackpads for forward/back would be great too.

Thanks.

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 23, 2020

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I want that on iPad too, along with cmd-enter for preview/post and ` for reveal-and-focus-bookmark/thread-list.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

baram. posted:

something's off with the spacing and pushing the word Unread out of the box. it's not every thread but seems to happen on about 50% of them.

e: text in the tweaks menu is black on dark mode.

That's not great :( on the list it goes!

Rolo posted:

Also hey is there some way to remove people from my ignore list on mobile? I accidentally added my first person ever while scrolling and I can’t get them back to normal.

There is not, but it's a common request, so I'll +1 it on the list.

Stare-Out posted:

Stare-Out posted:

I think the reason why the page is zoomed in is because something happens when a mp4 or gifv is quoted that extends the quote box beyond the screen.

The zoom thing is weird, I'll take a look at that. Quotes + embeds is a combo I haven't seen much so that theory is mighty plausible.

The refresh was probably a memory thing or something, I'm less sure about my ability to do something about it but it's good to hear about.

stuffed crust punk posted:

Probably not, I know I didn't do anything specifically to make it happen. On the list it goes!

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I'm popping in with the opposite reaction about Youtube embeds, ha.

On the forums there is an option to just display links rather than embeds with the video tag, and it'd be cool if the app could respect the user's settings, or failing that, provide its own similar setting regarding this behavior. I poked around but didn't find anything, which is how I ended up here. Thanks :)

Totally fair request. I'll +1 it on the list (it's been on the list for awhile, but it's a bigger deal now that we're embedding more stuff).

ulvir posted:

the forums itself now allows you to quote posts from closed threads and in the goldmine etc, could you add this in the app as well?

Technically, yes, but it would be almost impossible to do anything useful with them (until/unless we do some kind of cross-thread compose-post thing, which would be awesome). I guess it'd just be a "view BBcode" mode? Which is fair enough.

...! posted:

Have fun with that one!

yay

Warbird posted:

I don’t know if it’s been brought up before, but would it be feasible to enable the image embeds in Rap Sheets to work? I’d like to see the funny pictures.

It's on the list yeah, I'll +1 it. One of those early "surely this doesn't need to render full HTML" incorrect decisions.

Stare-Out posted:

Is it intended that mp4's don't have sound on when played? I have to activate sound by increasing or decreasing volume on my iPhone as the video plays.

It is not, and you shouldn't need to futz with volume. Wonder if we're somehow using the wrong audio category. Can you link me to a post with a problematic embed?

kefkafloyd posted:

Any chance we can get an extra page back/forward mapping to cmd-left arrow and cmd-right arrow? Safari has this has a hidden mapping and it's much easier for one handed operation on a keyboard. Safari supports both cmd-[ ] and cmd-arrows for these operations.

Also, if there's future plans for explicit pointer / gesture support, two finger swipes on trackpads for forward/back would be great too.

Thanks.

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I want that on iPad too, along with cmd-enter for preview/post and ` for reveal-and-focus-bookmark/thread-list.

All good ideas! Will add them to the list.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The zoom issue happens in this thread, with a quoted mp4 causing it. There is also a video which starts muted, requiring volume increase/decrease to hear the audio.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897718&perpage=40&pagenumber=357

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pokeyman posted:

Technically, yes, but it would be almost impossible to do anything useful with them (until/unless we do some kind of cross-thread compose-post thing, which would be awesome). I guess it'd just be a "view BBcode" mode? Which is fair enough.

Being able to copy to the clipboard would be enough, I think. Maybe even just have the quote go into the clipboard directly and pop a notice to that effect?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Grace Baiting posted:

Sounds good + good luck! I've also noticed this happens briefly even if you tap a thread from a forums/bookmark view. Hard to see but the bottom tab bar switches to the incorrect sizing during the fraction of the second that the thread view is sliding. And now that I've noticed it once, I can't unsee it!

Looks like this issue has been resolved while swiping out of a thread or swiping back into it! However it's now even worse when tapping a thread to load it afresh, which (o frabjous day!) I've managed to screenshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
The smilie menu has been kinda broken for me for ages (a tonne of duplicates next to each other) and the ability to search it would save a tonne of time