Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

MariusLecter posted:

:nws: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68842 :nws:

quote:

About this mod
Gorgon the female centaur (MODDERS RESOURCE)

---DESCRIPTION---
This brings to the game a Centaur type with female features that wastelanders have called "Gorgon". (MODDERS RESOURCE). 6 variations can be found moving about all Black Mountain Area.
This assets belongs to a series of mods that try to bring variety to New Vegas Creatures.

---FEATURES---
- A centaur model with female features. Some adjustments were made to the original mesh to make it resemble a female Body.
- 2 variations: Topless and wearing a Bra.

---LIMITATIONS---
* The models lack of Dismembered parts.
* The plugin provided only added the Gorgons to Black Mountain Area to showcase the models. They won't appear anywhere else in the game.

I like how each of those posts could be a new thread subtitle.

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: bruh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

The Centaur from Fallout 3/New Vegas...

...modded to be...

:allbuttons:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah I was about to say that I was wondering what the big deal was until I remembered what Centaurs are in the Fallout universe.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Let's put some tits on that abomination.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
and yet the tits on a mudcrab mod for skyrim is still banned from the nexus.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

I went in assuming Skyrim and kitbashing a horse and nord. WELP

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

tbh the centaurs with the bras are like way weirder than the booby ones

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

Yeah I was about to say that I was wondering what the big deal was until I remembered what Centaurs are in the Fallout universe.

I had to look it up, and kinda wish I hadn't.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Getting the urge to play some skyrim VR again

And now for this :nws: for cat breasts

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...=814&height=591

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Double posting but I just found this and it really makes me want to get back into skyrim vr. Someone made a crazy good combat mod for Skyrim where you chain spell combos and poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jikcRgLNr0

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Leal posted:

Getting the urge to play some skyrim VR again

Are you sure this isn’t Oblivion VR?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ariong posted:

Are you sure this isn’t Oblivion VR?

Skyrim VR loses a good chunk of graphical fidelity for most people to keep it running smoothly. Fallout 4 is 10x worse.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Skyrim VR loses a good chunk of graphical fidelity for most people to keep it running smoothly. Fallout 4 is 10x worse.

Worth it to grope cat titties.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Leal posted:

Double posting but I just found this and it really makes me want to get back into skyrim vr. Someone made a crazy good combat mod for Skyrim where you chain spell combos and poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jikcRgLNr0

That looks great! Is it only for Skyrim VR?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

The gods know what you've done

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35836

"Night Mother Ahegao"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

sebmojo posted:

That looks great! Is it only for Skyrim VR?

Checking the description it can work for regular skyrim (I'm assuming only the special edition though) and even for the xbox version.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright so double post but I'm going through the motions of setting mods up for a fresh skyrim playthrough and the poo poo I had to go through to get the unofficial skyrim patch is loving nuts. Arthmoor refuses to make it work with VR, you need an old version of the USSEP that still works with skyrim vr since skyrim vr didn't update past a certain build that special edition had.

Arthmoor. loving. Deleted it. And now DMCA's people reuploading it. The poo poo I had to go through to get this older version of the patch made me feel like I was in China and trying to download an episode of South Park.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How can he DMCA it? the TOS for the creation kit says Bethesda owns the copyright on any mods you make.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Arthmoor thinks he's an honorary Bethesda employee.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Skwirl posted:

How can he DMCA it? the TOS for the creation kit says Bethesda owns the copyright on any mods you make.

DMCA is set up to give all power to the person requesting the takedown. It's not worth the risk for almost any site to try and contest DMCA takedowns, they'd drown in legal fees to research every request that everyone makes. So they all just have to assume the takedown notices are legit, or that even if they are not, they might get sued. Same reason that youtube's content ID system is so messed up and almost any video can get taken down for no reason.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

aniviron posted:

DMCA is set up to give all power to the person requesting the takedown. It's not worth the risk for almost any site to try and contest DMCA takedowns, they'd drown in legal fees to research every request that everyone makes. So they all just have to assume the takedown notices are legit, or that even if they are not, they might get sued. Same reason that youtube's content ID system is so messed up and almost any video can get taken down for no reason.

That's just what happens when you let industry lobbyists/lawyers write laws specifically to give themselves more power.

Taking asswipe modders to court is one thing, but since most online services explicitly include in their TOS "you can't use our site to do illegal poo poo" and since that would include fraudulently issuing bad-faith dmca takedown notices, there is a rather powerful argument for getting them banned/etc.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Leal posted:

Alright so double post but I'm going through the motions of setting mods up for a fresh skyrim playthrough and the poo poo I had to go through to get the unofficial skyrim patch is loving nuts. Arthmoor refuses to make it work with VR, you need an old version of the USSEP that still works with skyrim vr since skyrim vr didn't update past a certain build that special edition had.

Arthmoor. loving. Deleted it. And now DMCA's people reuploading it. The poo poo I had to go through to get this older version of the patch made me feel like I was in China and trying to download an episode of South Park.
Apparently this is the current patch for current USSEP and VR?
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31673

So apparently SE continued to be updated with actual Bethesda patches with VR effectively abandoned, and this patches VR back up to SE, allowing current USSEP to work? Then you don't need to go track down :filez: of the old version of USSEP

lurksion fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 11, 2020

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
On sadder news, gedemon has retired from modding in the civ community after 16 years of hard work because he doesn't have access to the dll.

When I noticed there was a 2.2 gb update I realized it was just putting a banner about how 2k won't supportods for civ

https://www.pcgamesn.com/civilization-6/dll-source-release-modding-community

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ynamp-development-thread.602050/page-158

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Why wouldn't they just release the DLL? I see in the post you linked someone blaming 2k and not Firaxis, did 2k buy Firaxis after 6 was released and that caused the change in policy around mods? because the first article makes it sound like Firaxis promised and delivered a lot of pro-modding stuff at the start.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skwirl posted:

Why wouldn't they just release the DLL? I see in the post you linked someone blaming 2k and not Firaxis, did 2k buy Firaxis after 6 was released and that caused the change in policy around mods? because the first article makes it sound like Firaxis promised and delivered a lot of pro-modding stuff at the start.

Releasing the source code is rare though isn't it? Did the other civs do it?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

sebmojo posted:

Yes, starting in Civ4. Not the full source, but everything gameplay related. I remember code diving to figure out some specific game mechanics.

This is how you got mods that actually changed game mechanics like Fall from Heaven or Dune, and AI mods actually coding new behaviors, and deep bug fix mods. There were also python hooks for simpler mods that didn't require new behavior.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 13, 2020

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68893

quote:

Nexus requirements
Th3Overseer's Core ESM - Hard Requirement
The North Road Remastered - Must have at least resolved the Adam Burke situation.

quote:

Requires all the non-preorder DLC, as well as version 1.2 or higher of my core ESM, and a save file that has at least partially completed the North Road. Don't feel like going through that to play this? Here's a complimentary save file.

The Depths of Depravity is a quest/companion mod that will take players on a journey into the writhing, blood-spattered depths of conspiracy, intrigue, assassination, and degradation. Enjoy (or don't) a series of interconnected quests and missions, all fully voiced and playtested. Also, this mod contains a very effective companion that doesn't feel it necessary to complain about things or judge player choices.

The quest can be started by speaking with Ryan O'Neill, a man stationed in a watch tower by the Westside West Entrance.

Content Disclaimer:

Depths is much tonally darker than my previous mods. As the name implies, this mod features first-hand interactions with some truly repulsive, vile individuals, and the consequences and aftermath of their behavior. FNV is an M-rated title, so I trust there aren't any little babies in the audience, but this mod contains some content that could be construed as disturbing. You've been warned, and if you're morbidly intrigued by vague content warnings, hopefully, you're also sold on downloading this thing.

Rewards!

Money, a companion, maybe it'll even fill that void in your life and give you a reason to get up in the morning. Just kidding, nothing can fill that void.

Recommendations!

Any sort of high-res retexture of FO3's Infiltrator rifle is highly encouraged. I like this one. Also, replacers and/or retextures for Dead Money's Assassin Suit will make the companion look more snazzy.

Difficulty!

It requires you to have beat the first half of the North Road. Difficulty is on par with that.

Bugs/Compatibility!

Sing it with me now! ♫ Not ♫ compatible ♫ with ♫ Freeside ♫ Open! ♫

This seems like a real pain in the rear end to get working and also not very interesting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Last two games did it.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68893

This seems like a real pain in the rear end to get working and also not very interesting.

Nexus FAQ posted:

"What's with all the dialogue and narrative focus?"

Violence without context is boring. Chill.

If that has to be pointed out I can imagine what the dialogue is like. Every character has 15 minutes of droning exposition. Kinda like Skyrim's "Interesting NPCs".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember trying to download some voiced companions for Skyrim, thinking hey might as well add new content, and every single one was either some nerd doing a HORRIBLE British accent or a competently voiced but horribly written. After the third companion that made a HILARIOUS sworn to carry your burdens joke, I just straight up uninstalled all of them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I appreciate the mod advertising that it has, in fact, been playtested

Orv
May 4, 2011
When I was also looking for mods this weekend, because all new computers must be put under the load of a wholly infeasible Skyrim mod setup, I kept coming across mods listed as "Cathedral Concept" so it seems like Arthmoor has at least finally lost that part of the eternal war with his ego.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Orv posted:

When I was also looking for mods this weekend, because all new computers must be put under the load of a wholly infeasible Skyrim mod setup, I kept coming across mods listed as "Cathedral Concept" so it seems like Arthmoor has at least finally lost that part of the eternal war with his ego.

What's Cathedral Concept? I'm not familiar with that part of Arthmoor's perpetual tirade about what is isn't "lore-friendly".

Orv
May 4, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's Cathedral Concept? I'm not familiar with that part of Arthmoor's perpetual tirade about what is isn't "lore-friendly".

I actually had it backwards. Cathedral vs Parlor was an old argument in modding styles back in the yesterdays of the real good TES modding blowups near Skyrim's launch. Basically cathedral modding means modding is a collaborative effort, people help each other out, build on each others work - while still giving credit - and generally being chill about it. Parlor is what people like Arthmoor want where each mod is viewed as sacrosanct property of the modder and anyone touching it is tantamount to [very bad crime here]. So the fact that there's a bunch of mods out there under the Cathedral Concept might mean that the modding community is finally shedding enough of the whiny psychos to actually do some cool collaborative stuff as a matter of course.

This will of course evaporate with the release of Starfield.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Cathedral vs Parlor dates all the way back to Morrowind in 2005. That guys name is still carried forward on modding tools to this day.

It probably helps that a lot of the open mods tend to be more technically competent.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Ever wanted to have :nws: Dexter's Mom in your Skyrim adventures?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Can't say that I have.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Leal posted:

Ever wanted to have :nws: Dexter's Mom in your Skyrim adventures?

Ignoring the companion for a moment, everything about this makes it look like it should really be a Fallout 4 mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I thought the same thing. The kitchen doesent seem to come with it, and it's not mentioned in the credits, so somewhere out there there is a Fallout style house for skyrim.