Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

taqueso posted:

A roommate long ago had a geo storm in black with a yellow racing stripe, that thing was such a piece of poo poo but also somehow limped along forever. I think the tires might have been entirely filled with fix-a-flat.

Cars like that lack the power to fully kill themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

snugglz posted:

there was a really really minty 4dr 5 speed Integra GSR with like 90k miles that went for <$9k on BaT last year. taking away a cam and a real transmission... well, that is crackpipe pricing

This one just sold for <$6k. Higher mileage and a bit of rust on the underside though

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1998-acura-integra-14/

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
it didnt sell tho

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

it didnt sell tho

Ah I see, didn't notice the 'reserve not met' note.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Those type of models are in the minority and are truly disposable, when the JCI runs out they are discarded like trash

Guess where they got discarded to - countries that aren't too picky like New Zealand and Russia

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

taqueso posted:

12-cylinder mega-block metro when?

Good candidate for a Chrysler A57

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Speaking of Chrysler... the Crossfire is a two door rwd coupe/hatchback who's curb weight is listed between 3061 to 3140 lbs. Its basically a Mercedes-Benz R170 SLK, as it has the same engine, gearbox, and suspension, but you can actually get it in a fixed roof. They can be had with a 6 speed manual with a v6 putting out around 215 hp. The suspension is double wishbone up front and multilink in the rear. The question is, is the Chrysler part of the Crossfire so bad that it cancels everything else out? The reason I ask is they're starting to go for pretty cheap and finding any sort of RWD car near the 3000 lb mark is working looking at.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Didn't know you could get those with a stick, but it would explain why when I was behind a codger in one leaving from a light he accelerated to 15mph, then basically stopped accelerating for 5-10 seconds, 25mph, same thing, guess shifting really was a lot for him to handle. drat near rear ended him.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The SRT6 is 5spd auto only, but you get a supercharger and 330hp.

And it’s an MB box, not a Chrysler unit, so it’s not the end of the world.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Just checked and wow, they are pretty drat cheap. It’s like it’s hard to pay more than 6 grand for a nice one.

It’s like a 350Z but somehow less desirable.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I always liked the Crossfire despite its Chrysler-ness.

GPF
Jul 20, 2000

Kidney Buddies
Oven Wrangler

Coredump posted:

Speaking of Chrysler... the Crossfire is a two door rwd coupe/hatchback who's curb weight is listed between 3061 to 3140 lbs. Its basically a Mercedes-Benz R170 SLK, as it has the same engine, gearbox, and suspension, but you can actually get it in a fixed roof. They can be had with a 6 speed manual with a v6 putting out around 215 hp. The suspension is double wishbone up front and multilink in the rear. The question is, is the Chrysler part of the Crossfire so bad that it cancels everything else out? The reason I ask is they're starting to go for pretty cheap and finding any sort of RWD car near the 3000 lb mark is working looking at.

I enjoyed my Crossfire extremely. I liked to call it 'Sony's First Mercedes'. I deeply enjoyed it and I still miss it. The Mercedes parts saved me from directly crashing into an SUV at highway speeds. Still caught the side of the car on their bumper, but no direct smash. The car after me, though, had 0 control and directly smashed into the SUV. Bought my old E class after that.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I test drove a new SRT6 and the interior door handle came off in my hand. The car was really neat and I was super close to buying it but the interior was so bad I just couldn't pull the trigger so I bought a used E55.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I’d forgotten about those. They are just so incredibly naughties. I’m actually really surprised Regular Car Reviews haven’t had one yet.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
The Crossfires have sort of a weird place in my head...I definitely like the proportions, and the styling is okay I guess, but being a Chrysler/Mercedes product I have zero desire to own one for any significant length of time.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Chrysler had nothing to do with the Crossfire other than the styling. They were made in Germany and all the mechanical and electronic parts are from the SLK. I don't know why that would even matter anyway, it's not like Mercedes of that time needed any help with making horrible junk. But oddly enough the R170 SLK was actually one of the more reliable models of Mercedes from that era so the Crossfire was too.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Somebody on here years ago noted that the Crossfire looks like a dog squatting down to take a poo poo and that basically ruined an already questionable-looking car for me.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

dphi posted:

Somebody on here years ago noted that the Crossfire looks like a dog squatting down to take a poo poo and that basically ruined an already questionable-looking car for me.
Same, remember mentioning it to my friend who was thinking of getting one

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

dphi posted:

I feel like that was in the Top Gear review of it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I feel like that was in the Top Gear review of it.

Yep it was Clarkson.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i had recalled the original crossfire concept being kinda out there with the split windshield but looking at it a lot of the themes made it to production fairly intact. that was a weird time period.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I test drive an SRT6 crossfire. Very happy I came to my senses.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Don't get caught up in the Crossfire.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

English is not their first language is it?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Crack pipe price aside if that's a manual it is quite a desirable car. Probably an auto though.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol I'd rather have a 5 cylinder Vigor

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Vigor and Inspire are nice looking.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

KakerMix posted:

English is not their first language is it?

I believe they are based out of Argentina but import to the USA...the whole thing stinks.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

It took me like 6 reads to realize the price wasn't in Yen.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

that'd be about 150 bucks

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Seems about right :shrug:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Scrap value then.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

BigPaddy posted:

Scrap value then.

Not saying you've done this but you reminded me of something. When people talk about scrap value for vehicles or selling their car to those junk car places I chuckle because the prices they say you'll get have been way above what I've experienced. I had a running 1998 Maxima with less than 130,000 miles on it, body in rough shape. The junk car places were offering me less than $150. I ended up selling it to CarMax for $200. Pops had a 1994 Chevrolet G30 1 ton van with 500,000 miles on the odometer and a transmission that was going out that he sold to a scrap place. Before we drove the van over there we loaded it down with some heavy items that we needed to get rid of like an old rear end from a fox body, etc. Even with all that the van got around $150 or so. So when folks say, "sell your car to junk car place, you'll get $400..." etc... nah. Not in my experience.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
And I sold a '97 Neon to a yard for $450. Doesn't mean poo poo, because those prices differ wildly depending on time, location and your negotiating skills. In fact, I remember when alluminium was $3/pound, while as of this past Monday, a yard offered me $0.9 for copper.

Same as when someone posts how much/ little they pay for insurance. That number is irrelevant to everyone else because of the myramid of factors involved in negotiating that rate.

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 15, 2020

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

You ok there Nitrox?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

User Error posted:

Goon project: Spec Metro!

500 per cars seems pricey do you get the land too?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Land in Ohio ain't worth that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

Land in Ohio ain't worth that much

No poo poo. My dad got a huge parcel of land for the change in his couch.