Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha ok but seriously what should we do about the entrenched Bowsetteers
This poll is closed.
Join them 106 13.23%
Convince them to move on, to Melinda Megamelons 39 4.87%
Abstain 16 2.00%
28 3.50%
14 1.75%
32 4.00%
429 53.56%
Flame grenadegg 112 13.98%
10 1.25%
15 1.87%
Total: 801 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

being serious for a moment, dunkin donuts sucks rear end

i will not stand for this attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like the classic donut from Dunkin' Donuts, Its like a round handheld cake that's all crust.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kR6cz-rj9s

singing and dancing ms. pacman @ 29 seconds is quite something

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

dunkin donuts' tea is alright. it'll do in a pinch, nowhere really serves it around here

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
that gamefaqs guide got taken down

Howdy all. Today, I came across an article written about a guide on GameFAQs. In this article, it was mentioned that the author of the guide has had a change of heart about the guide he wrote due to religious reasons. It also stated that the guide remained on the site due to it having being written as a part of our FAQ Bounty program, in which we pay authors to write guides for games in return for us being allowed to host the guide in perpetuity.

We have in the past removed a small handful of bounty guides for various reasons, most often due to a reasonable request by the author. In this particular case, the author never actually asked us to remove the guide. He originally asked us to remove his name from the guide, which we did. He then asked to be able to edit the guide, which we facilitated. Then, he made the now famous edit to the guide.

These exchanges happened starting in April and if at any point in time, the author had simply explained this situation to us, we would have been more than happy to remove the guide. Since he did not, we simply complied with his requests as we would any other normal author request.

Now that we're aware of the issue, we've removed the guide. In the future, we would encourage authors to simply contact us and let us know that they want a guide removed rather than go through the extreme of altering a live guide in this manner. We'd also encourage article writers to contact us if they want to publish an article about us of this nature so we can offer up a response (and in this case, could have just gone ahead and removed the guide).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh poo poo, that was actually real? I half-expected to find out the guy who tweeted about it was actually the original guide writer and made the edits for the funny tweet

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Harrow posted:

Oh poo poo, that was actually real? I half-expected to find out the guy who tweeted about it was actually the original guide writer and made the edits for the funny tweet

yeah the way the internet works makes you suspicious of everything

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I can't believe GameFAQs is still going and is exactly the same as it was 15 years ago.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i will not stand for this attack

dunkin deez (bad donuts)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

stev posted:

I can't believe GameFAQs is still going and is exactly the same as it was 15 years ago.

nothing like something awful dot com

ha!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

stev posted:

it's great if you're playing an old snes game or something

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah Gamefaqs is by far the best resource for guides for any game that was released before or during its heyday, excluding the extremely popular ones that also have guides up on more modern sites.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

outward is on sale... can I get any testimonials on this game?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
where's the Rarity memorial chat thread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I'm surprised there's not an equivalent game walkthrough wiki or something

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just message people in grindr and ask for video game tips, I get other tips sometimes too. I call it gayfaqs

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i drink dr pepper, my mom drinks sweet tea (but with 0-cal sweetener instead of sugar) and shipley's has the best donuts

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

i've never even heard of shipley's

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

it's great if you're playing an old snes game or something

there's plenty of minutia in old PS2 games and previous that those guides can be good for

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i drink diet pepsi

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

i drink diet pepsi

you and cm punk brother

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

where's the Rarity memorial chat thread

What happened to Rarity?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i got sweet tea from popeye's and i've been mixing it with bourbon lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Early Gamefaqs culture was great, every guide had like really weird screeds in them and people just offering their unsolicited subjective opinions about everything. I remember a guide for a beat-em-up I loved calling everyone who liked one of the playable characters a stupid rear end in a top hat who's playing the game wrong.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Convex posted:

What happened to Rarity?

they were on the helicopter with kobe bryant

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How many new users would they get? Feels like video guides and wikis would have really eaten into the FAQ market. There was a clear consensus there that FF7 was the best game of all time. Wonder what the reception is there to FF7R.

Imagine how good the ASCII art is there now

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i appreciate how relatively clutter free gamefaqs has remained (it's under the gamespot, cbsi umbrella now)

compare it to opening a wikia link on mobile. i hate what that site has become.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Convex posted:

What happened to Rarity?

she stopped posting here

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How many new users would they get? Feels like video guides and wikis would have really eaten into the FAQ market. There was a clear consensus there that FF7 was the best game of all time.

Speaking of which.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb0TBtLT0y4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

that gamefaqs guide got taken down

Howdy all. Today, I came across an article written about a guide on GameFAQs. In this article, it was mentioned that the author of the guide has had a change of heart about the guide he wrote due to religious reasons. It also stated that the guide remained on the site due to it having being written as a part of our FAQ Bounty program, in which we pay authors to write guides for games in return for us being allowed to host the guide in perpetuity.

We have in the past removed a small handful of bounty guides for various reasons, most often due to a reasonable request by the author. In this particular case, the author never actually asked us to remove the guide. He originally asked us to remove his name from the guide, which we did. He then asked to be able to edit the guide, which we facilitated. Then, he made the now famous edit to the guide.

These exchanges happened starting in April and if at any point in time, the author had simply explained this situation to us, we would have been more than happy to remove the guide. Since he did not, we simply complied with his requests as we would any other normal author request.

Now that we're aware of the issue, we've removed the guide. In the future, we would encourage authors to simply contact us and let us know that they want a guide removed rather than go through the extreme of altering a live guide in this manner. We'd also encourage article writers to contact us if they want to publish an article about us of this nature so we can offer up a response (and in this case, could have just gone ahead and removed the guide).

lmao, how completely strange. GameFAQs was overdue for something weird though. I copy/pasted the entire guide to a word document on Google Drive and saved it yesterday.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's piracy

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Stux posted:

i drink diet pepsi

ive always felt like theres no point to diet soda. its gross and if i dont want to feel guilty about drinking soda i just dont drink it. so now i only have a soda like every 2 weeks or so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't know why every diet sweetener has to taste like poo poo or have a weird aftertaste. make it taste good dummies

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whatever deadly toxins they put in Fanta Zero taste good. I prefer it over sugar Fanta.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

stev posted:

Whatever deadly toxins they put in Fanta Zero taste good. I prefer it over sugar Fanta.

gotta agree here. also diet sunkist

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

homeless snail posted:

I don't know why every diet sweetener has to taste like poo poo or have a weird aftertaste. make it taste good dummies

Whenever they try to people get really mad.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Fanta Zero is my second goto soda behind Coke Zero

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

she stopped posting here

On SA or just this thread? Maybe she didn't like playing games any more :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sprite is pretty ok and dyk they don't sell any version of it with sugar here in Ireland anymore

sprite zero is just sprite here