Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Boxturret posted:

im starting to get the feeling that you're taking unrelated things and replacing certain key words with 「Bitcoin」

Statist FUD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:hai:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
var(mint)

varm int

makes ya think

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

EorayMel posted:

At what point does a well adjusted mind go "No, gently caress it, this bitcoin isn't dead enough. I actively need to see it blow into the smallest amount of little pieces. Let no part of the bitcoin remain to defile my beloved land!"?
But that is the correct response a well adjusted mind should have.

Bitcoin delenda est.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CampingCarl posted:

But that is the correct response a well adjusted mind should have.

Bitcoin delenda est.

are you calling my mind well adjusted

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

...! posted:

are you calling my mind well adjusted
:wrong:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

guys i think i found an alt-right bingo

The Strange Origins Of Trump’s Hydroxychloroquine Obsession

On March 11, cryptocurrency investors Gregory Rigano and James Todaro mused about coronavirus treatments and potential death tolls on Twitter to their then-small number of followers. Bye, who says he has been living in the Wudang Mountains in central China for the past few years and formerly interviewed tech “thought leaders” for his startup, responded to one of Todaro’s tweets about the virus.

“Chloroquine will keep most people out of hospital. The US hasn’t learned about that yet,” Bye replied to Todaro.
On March 13, Rigano and Todaro touted chloroquine in a self-published, non-peer-reviewed Google doc falsely claiming to be affiliated with Stanford University School of Medicine, the National Academy of Sciences and the University of Alabama, Birmingham School of Medicine.(All three institutions told HuffPost that they had no connection to the document, and Google later removed it from its platform for violating its terms of service.)

The Google doc, with its grand claims and the help of its false affiliation with Stanford and other institutions, quickly went viral and was tweeted out to millions by prominent venture capitalists and Tesla CEO Musk ― none of whom appeared to vet its methods or sources. Fox News and other right-wing media jumped on the paper and touted the drug as a potential quick fix for the virus. Fox News host and informal Trump adviser Tucker Carlson had Rigano on his prime-time show, with Rigano falsely identified as an adviser to Stanford and claiming “what we’re here to announce is the second cure to a virus of all time.”
Bye has repeatedly tweeted anti-Semitic ramblings, has replied to white nationalists such as Richard Spencer and once tweeted a link to an Australian website that has promoted Holocaust denial. In one thread, he complained about Jews taking over “major power centers” and speculated about “Jewish verbal IQ” while asking if another user had “even read Mein Kampf?” He has stated “my hobby is researching Jews. It is very enjoyable.”

Bye also talked about chloroquine in late March on the podcast of Jean-Francois Gariepy, a Canadian white nationalist who The Daily Beast reported is accused of luring and trying to impregnate a developmentally disabled teenager while his U.S. immigration status was being contested.

“I’m not a white nationalist, not at all. I have a lot of friends who are and I like white nationalists, but I’m not one. I learned from them because there’s important ideas there that we need to understand,” Bye told Gariepy. Bye claimed that he researched chloroquine “using philosophy” and that coronavirus would “destroy feminism.”

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
why

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

buttcoin thread: why

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Still laughing at elon musk twitter bitcoin raffles

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Shameless stupidity

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm giving 10 000 Bitcoin (BTC) to all community!

I left the post of director of Tesla, thank you all for your support!

I decided to make biggest crypto-giveaway in the world, for my readers who use Bitcoin!

Please read instruction carefully!

Send 0.1-0.5 Bitcoin to 1ToTa11yn07AScAmI3i7c0In3A7terL0l2 and I will double it!

Send 0.6 to 1.0 Bitcoin to 1ToTa11yn07AScAmI3i7c0In3A7terL0l1 and I will triple it!

Send 1.0 to 5.0 Bitcoin to 1ToTa11yn07AScAmI3i7c0In3A7terL0l3 and I will quintuple it!

Any other amounts sent to incorrect addresses will be considered donations and will not returned!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

orange juche posted:

I'm giving 10 000 Bitcoin (BTC) to all community!

I left the post of director of Tesla, thank you all for your support!

I decided to make biggest crypto-giveaway in the world, for my readers who use Bitcoin!

Please read instruction carefully!

Send 0.1-0.5 Bitcoin to 1ToTa11yn07AScAmI3i7c0In3A7terL0l2 and I will double it!

Send 0.6 to 1.0 Bitcoin to 1ToTa11yn07AScAmI3i7c0In3A7terL0l1 and I will triple it!

Send 1.0 to 5.0 Bitcoin to 1ToTa11yn07AScAmI3i7c0In3A7terL0l3 and I will quintuple it!

Any other amounts sent to incorrect addresses will be considered donations and will not returned!

this seemed like a scam so i started by testing with only a small amount and gave them 0.00001 bitcoin, and got 0.00002 bitcoins back! wow!!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

this seemed like a scam so i started by testing with only a small amount and gave them 0.00001 bitcoin, and got 0.00002 bitcoins back! wow!!

seeing this made me think it was safe so i sent all my bitcoins (.002) and nothing yet:( they're probably experiencing a lot of traffic so it might take a bit

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i looked it up and elon hasn't left telsa what's going on here guys i feel like im about to throw up that was all my money

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Boxturret posted:

i looked it up and elon hasn't left telsa what's going on here guys i feel like im about to throw up that was all my money

You quickly run over to the corpse and tear off the bitcoin's head. You then throw
the head into the air and catch it with both hands. You then drink the blood
from the bitcoin's mouth and gulp down the blood

You then toss the head into the air again and catch it with two hands. You then
vomit the blood onto the ground

...!
Oct 5, 2003

EorayMel posted:

You quickly run over to the corpse and tear off the bitcoin's head. You then throw
the head into the air and catch it with both hands. You then drink the blood
from the bitcoin's mouth and gulp down the blood

You then toss the head into the air again and catch it with two hands. You then
vomit the blood onto the ground

:hmmyes:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Boxturret posted:

seeing this made me think it was safe so i sent all my bitcoins (.002) and nothing yet:( they're probably experiencing a lot of traffic so it might take a bit

I am sorry sir/ma'am I said read direction carefully your transaction did not follow direction and has been kept as donation! Thank you for your support!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

orange juche posted:

I am sorry sir/ma'am I said read direction carefully your transaction did not follow direction and has been kept as donation! Thank you for your support!

how can i believe you are thereal elon musk?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Shame Boy posted:

whoa what just happened here?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Boxturret posted:

I am the real Elon Musk it's right in my twitter name can you not read

---------------------------------------------
| Elon Musk ✔@BitcoinScammer                 |
| Yes I am the real Elon Musk                |
| Why would you think I am a                 |
| scammer?                                   |

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

orange juche posted:

I am the real Elon Musk it's right in my twitter name can you not read

| Elon Musk ✔@BitcoinScammer                 |
| Yes I am the real Elon Musk                |
| Why would you think I am a                 |
| scammer?                                   |

that's not even a tweet that's a bunch of text im literally vomiting i put all my friends and family's money into this

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

i am ethereal elom musk. you can believe me because i will give you ethereum and also am high on ether.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

-------------------------------------
|This tweet has been deleted        |
|
----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Boxturret✔@Boxturretsmom                                           |
| that's not even a tweet thats a bunch of text im literally vomiting|
| i put all my friends and familys money into this                   |

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

that's not even a tweet that's a bunch of text im literally vomiting i put all my friends and family's money into this

buy less candles

is that how this joke works?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

no

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

buy less candles

Fork handles?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Divabot it's time for your QAnon Anonymous cross-over :aaa:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Shame Boy posted:

buy less candles

buy fewer candles

shameful

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lumencoin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

orange juche posted:

|This tweet has been deleted        |
|
| Boxturret✔@Boxturretsmom                                           |
| that's not even a tweet thats a bunch of text im literally vomiting|
| i put all my friends and familys money into this                   |

:vince:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Limetowncoin?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If I was at home instead of at work I would have done the entire sequence in tweet->reply format with boxturret and shame boy replying to deleted tweets from a ghost account. Still not bad for thinking on the fly

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 14, 2020

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Weatherman posted:

buy fewer candles

shameful

Yet exactly on brand for Shame Boy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

orange juche posted:

If I was at home instead of at work I would have done the entire sequence in tweet->reply format with boxturret and shame boy replying to deleted tweets from a ghost account. Still not bad for thinking on the fly

So you don't work from home, huh?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Someone on my timeline retweeted this with "Let's go!"

https://twitter.com/binance/status/1260091149454213120

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Paladinus posted:

So you don't work from home, huh?

Nope

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
its-a-me elon musk, italian, and mama mia do i have an offer for you-a

...!
Oct 5, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

LanceHunter posted: