Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Agile Vector posted:

the amount of remote desktops and video calls would have surely fried the router eventually

that's what i'm up against too. two remote desktops and lots of video conferencing. many such cases. sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i guess la is staying at home for up to another three months?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-12/coronavirus-beaches-reopen-los-angeles-county-move-toward-new-normal

they're going to have to give everyone more money, or they're going to end up with a ton of desperate people broke and jobless, homeless

glad i'm not in la (we love it)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Broken Machine posted:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-12/coronavirus-beaches-reopen-los-angeles-county-move-toward-new-normal

they're going to have to give everyone more money, or they're going to end up with a ton of desperate people broke and jobless, homeless

sounds like normal la then

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
my gramma's got it, she's dyin'. I don't think I'll be able to talk to her.
Wish I had more time to say goodbye, boys.

Call your family today if you haven't lately.

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
Before I moved I took a picture of my idiotic looking home ergo standing desk setup that i built out of uhaul boxes. I was hoping you could all roast me.

Maybe we could just pretend I posted it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Scud Hansen posted:

that really sucks man, condolences

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Scud Hansen posted:

This sucks. Sorry.

Scud Hansen posted:

Before I moved I took a picture of my idiotic looking home ergo standing desk setup that i built out of uhaul boxes. I was hoping you could all roast me.

Maybe we could just pretend I posted it

I’m trying to come up with a good burn, but I can’t help being jealous of the extra storage space.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
very sorry to hear about your grandma. i might post a picture of my bob cratchit-rear end setup later

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Broken Machine posted:

no the headline is just wrong

they’re gradually loosening restrictions and are in phase two as of yesterday

the LA times just wants to incite Michigan style protests because it’s owned by a bunch of shitheels

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im so sorry to hear about your grandma :(

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
no longer doing wfh, bye thread?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Uptime Sinclair posted:

rip

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Exiled from the WFH thread. Brutal.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
goondolences

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the wisconsin supreme court just ruled that their stay at home order is actually unconstitutional so rip wisconsin too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i was working one day on (in office) one day off (wfh) which i hated and was fueling my agonies so it’s not a big loss.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i am working from home and they’ve said it will likely be 💯% wfh through the end of July, but i saw they scheduled an all hands meeting next week about “safely returning to the office” which has me worried 😧

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

our offices opened back up, but we had a meeting and our boss had a lot of cuss words to say about how stupid that is, so i guess we're wfh for the long haul

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

our offices opened back up, but we had a meeting and our boss had a lot of cuss words to say about how stupid that is, so i guess we're wfh for the long haul

same

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
my company is saying September and even then vastly reducing the number of desks.

hot dealing was mentioned. I loled hard.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

and here we just got told August is for managers/leads and the rest of us losers have to wait until maybe december
it also sounds like they will be increasing our wfh to more than 1 day a week which will be cool i guess

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
what a garbage day

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Some loving auth thing had a connection timeout of 50ms which so stupid and ridiculously hostile for no reason.

Caused a huge shitshow for 2 hours and now I've gone from despondent to angry. Now there is a meeting I need to do tomorrow morning this so loving dumb stop @ing me I didn't cause any of this and wanted to just fix it myself.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt posted:

my boss is already talking about coming back as soon at it's legal, which for now would be june 1, because he is a small business tyrant

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

keep posting as wfh emeritus imo.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

keep posting as wfh emeritus imo.
kind thing to say and kind way to say it beep

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my boss is already talking about coming back as soon at it's legal, which for now would be june 1, because he is a small business tyrant

tell him your wife is a doctor so you’re at risk and will probably get it eventually so you’ll continue working from home until there are 0 new cases

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

tell him your wife is a doctor so you’re at risk and will probably get it eventually so you’ll continue working from home until there are 0 new cases

instant boss-jitsu that since you’re going to get it as a hcw spouse you’re safer in the office and no point in trying to avoid it since you’ll get it eventually

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PCjr sidecar posted:

instant boss-jitsu that since you’re going to get it as a hcw spouse you’re safer in the office and no point in trying to avoid it since you’ll get it eventually

then u can tell ur coworkers what the bossman said and they can all yell at him about not wanting to catch the rona from HPH

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm legit still upset over tonight's bullshit.

Nothing makes me happy anymore

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what about puppies? if dogs don't make you happy then buddy you're in a bad spot

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
dogs are too happy imho

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
tater is quite satisfied with me wfh

he had some bad skin problems over the last couple weeks but a trip to the vet and some meds did the trick

needs a gd haircut tho

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Methanar posted:

:same:

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Methanar posted:

I'm legit still upset over tonight's bullshit.

:yeah:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

tater is quite satisfied with me wfh

he had some bad skin problems over the last couple weeks but a trip to the vet and some meds did the trick

needs a gd haircut tho

post a pic of the shaggy tater

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

SO DEMANDING posted:

post a pic of the shaggy tater

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

then u can tell ur coworkers what the bossman said and they can all yell at him about not wanting to catch the rona from HPH

solidarity? from engineers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless