Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've never had a gout attack, what are you people eating

roast squab, beluga caviar, and protein powder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjTWvl8x-U

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

gout sounds like something i'd get near the gluten at the asian grocery store

btw don't eat pure gluten it's vile

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

we eat like kings (burger kings)

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Cold on a Cob posted:

gout sounds like something i'd get near the gluten at the asian grocery store

btw don't eat pure gluten it's vile

hail seitan :black101:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gout is 50% hereditary susceptibility and 150% beer.

After you get it it's also 25% Christmas because of all the meats and fishes. And East Asian food because of all the soy and sea creature stuff.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

goons love gout

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Gout & pilonidal cysts

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Gout is 50% hereditary susceptibility and 150% beer.

After you get it it's also 25% Christmas because of all the meats and fishes. And East Asian food because of all the soy and sea creature stuff.

i know a chinese guy with gout

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

i know a chinese guy with gout

don't ask to touch him for good luck

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

actually i know two chinese guys with gout

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

actually i know two chinese guys with gout

OH MY GOD IT'S SPREADING?!?!?!?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

coq au vin and raw chocolate chip cookie dough

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Gout & pilonidal cysts

ya that too op

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

President Beep posted:

we eat like kings (burgers king)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gout & pilonidal cysts

never had gout but did have the cyst. had to go under general for that. probably would have killed me. the antibiotics I took for it before they decided it needed surgery was augmentin and I think it’s destroyed my GI system. I need a full fecal transport or something. beam me up Scottie

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Gout & pilonidal cysts
I once had a butt cyst and when I went to tell the doctor I said "I have a cyst..." and he cut in with "oh I bet I know where" but he was wrong

it was on one of the cheeks instead (because I had awful posture but in a different way from standard goon)

sports
Sep 1, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

I once had a butt cyst and when I went to tell the doctor I said "I have a cyst..." and he cut in with "oh I bet I know where" but he was wrong

it was on one of the cheeks instead (because I had awful posture but in a different way from standard goon)

???

sports
Sep 1, 2012
my korean and hakka chinese friends said they started having gout symptoms in their early 20s. i definitely think my diet buttressed by sheep livers and kidneys, mackerel, and cheesecakes is going to ruin my beautiful feet within 2 years

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

sports posted:

my beautiful feet

av/post combo

sports
Sep 1, 2012
can someone set me up with a better avatar

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

sports posted:

my korean and hakka chinese friends said they started having gout symptoms in their early 20s. i definitely think my diet buttressed by sheep livers and kidneys, mackerel, and cheesecakes is going to ruin my beautiful feet within 2 years

gout is genetic, so if none of your parents/grandparents were afflicted breathe easy and feast on organ meats

sports
Sep 1, 2012
every man in my family has mild gout and if they dont theyre lying

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
from what I understand bad posture, excess sitting, and pressure on the wrong points over time can contribute to cysts forming (it's why pilonidal cysts were the patron saint of goon syndrome)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

sports posted:

can someone set me up with a better avatar
the new one is better

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ShadowHawk posted:

from what I understand bad posture, excess sitting, and pressure on the wrong points over time can contribute to cysts forming (it's why pilonidal cysts were the patron saint of goon syndrome)

More specifically they’re ingrown hairs from hell

sports
Sep 1, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

i just didnt know they would be anywhere but the one spot they occur

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My bum bled once and I went to the doctor and they said yeah dude your bum is bleeding and sent me home.

It was the single most unhelpful thing I've experienced.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh apart from the time I was sent to a nutritionist and they told me ready-made macaroni box was very rich in calories and I shouldn't buy it and I asked how rich and they googled it and went "oh, huh, yeah, huh, it's actually OK to eat the whole thing whoda thunk"

E: it's 560 kcal in case anyone cares

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 14, 2020

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh apart from the time I was sent to a nutritionist and they told me ready-made macaroni box was very rich in calories and I shouldn't buy it and I asked how rich and they googled it and went "oh, huh, yeah, huh, it's actually OK to eat the whole thing whoda thunk"

E: it's 560 kcal in case anyone cares

kd is like double that much, drat

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My bum bled once and I went to the doctor and they said yeah dude your bum is bleeding and sent me home.

It was the single most unhelpful thing I've experienced.

i was teaching a course in spain a couple of years ago and one morning i got up and just poo poo out a whole bunch of blood

the lady who was running the course had to take me to the hospital and act as interpreter for me "tiene sangre en el culo, mucho mucho sangre", which was super fun for both of us.

anyway that's how i got fingered by a spaniard. turns out it was just a 'rhoid that popped like a balloon. apparently you shouldn't worry too much if the blood coming out of your rear end is fresh and red because that's coming from right near your butthole, but should worry a lot if it's clotted because that means it's way up in the works somewhere and probably much more dangerous

sports
Sep 1, 2012
post pics of "ready made macaroni box" i am not really aware

also 560 kcals is about the same as a cheeseburger pretty rich

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
paul harvey voice: and now you know...too much of the story

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Trig Discipline posted:

i was teaching a course in spain a couple of years ago and one morning i got up and just poo poo out a whole bunch of blood

the lady who was running the course had to take me to the hospital and act as interpreter for me "tiene sangre en el culo, mucho mucho sangre", which was super fun for both of us.

anyway that's how i got fingered by a spaniard. turns out it was just a 'rhoid that popped like a balloon. apparently you shouldn't worry too much if the blood coming out of your rear end is fresh and red because that's coming from right near your butthole, but should worry a lot if it's clotted because that means it's way up in the works somewhere and probably much more dangerous

i mean unless this happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcwfEMdV-aM

wheeee

yahoooooo

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
that was p much my morning that day, yeah

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The heck is it anyway?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The heck is it anyway?

the heck is what? the video i linked? no loving way you don't know about rejected already so i'm assumign you mean something else

do u mean kd? it's boxed macaroni and cheese that's popular in canada

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

sports posted:

post pics of "ready made macaroni box" i am not really aware

also 560 kcals is about the same as a cheeseburger pretty rich

Yeah but 1200 kcal is like the minimum daily intake for a normal-sized man so if your dinner base is 560 kcal you have plenty left for other stuff.

I'm on a phone so anything involving pictures is impossible. BIS makaronilaatikko 400g.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

the heck is what? the video i linked? no loving way you don't know about rejected already so i'm assumign you mean something else

do u mean kd? it's boxed macaroni and cheese that's popular in canada

No I mean what's in the box?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah but 1200 kcal is like the minimum daily intake for a normal-sized man so if your dinner base is 560 kcal you have plenty left for other stuff.

I'm on a phone so anything involving pictures is impossible. BIS makaronilaatikko 400g.

you could eat a big ol bag of MEGAPUSSI with your mac and cheese i guess