Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

New blueprint

Akk-wired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
:backtowork: Always remember to laugh at CAPTCHA memes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Samuringa posted:

I started playing Subnautica and was googling how to find sulfur but found this instead

Hell yes subnautica memes.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nyIJObUF7I

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Goon Boots posted:

Isn't it interesting how the populace's general knowledge of science fiction, existentialist ideas, and mysticism crossed with internet humor sensibilities allows them to spontaneously consume and participate without necessarily having any idea what the basis (or even having no basis) for the memes are?

It's great, you can feel your brain going "oh, I'm pretty sure I can piece together how this works!"

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Samuringa posted:

I started playing Subnautica and was googling how to find sulfur but found this instead

:hmmyes:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Goon Boots posted:

Isn't it interesting how the populace's general knowledge of science fiction, existentialist ideas, and mysticism crossed with internet humor sensibilities allows them to spontaneously consume and participate without necessarily having any idea what the basis (or even having no basis) for the memes are?

Grade-A academia bullshitting. I'm gonna guess you have at least a Masters degree yeah?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hihohe posted:

New blueprint

Akk-wired

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
That's the median household income you stupid monkey. Are you a household? Median personal income is roughly half that so you're gonna need an extra 2 million years

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Whatev posted:

That's the median household income you stupid monkey. Are you a household? Median personal income is roughly half that so you're gonna need an extra 2 million years

:thermidor: CENTRAL PARK

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Samuringa posted:

Hell yes these are great.

Anyone played the new game yet?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jeff Bezos is worth every penny, since he is better than us

if you open up a business you deserve to be four million years wealthier than everyone else

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Ignoranus posted:

"But Doctor," he says, "I am Tony Hawk!"

"And I am extremely sick"

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Just Offscreen posted:

Hell yes these are great.

Anyone played the new game yet?

Is there a new Subnautica?? I was never able to get into the old one. It looked so cool but the beginning learning curve always just seems so steep.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ignoranus posted:

"But Doctor," he says, "I am Tony Hawk!"

"So, what seems to be the problem, Mr. Hawk?"
"Doc, I've got a indy nosebone."
"Mr. Hawk, we've been over this before."
"An overcrooked grind."
"Please..."
"A front foot impossible!"
"...."
"A burntwist on my lip!

"Ah, sounds like you need a one foot blunt."

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 13:31 on May 14, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is there a new Subnautica?? I was never able to get into the old one. It looked so cool but the beginning learning curve always just seems so steep.

There's an expanshalone game that's in the end stages of Early Access. Though it seems mostly more of the same. What were you finding difficult?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's an expanshalone game that's in the end stages of Early Access. Though it seems mostly more of the same. What were you finding difficult?

Holy poo poo what is that avi and red text lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think the ocean is creepy so subnautica is creepier than any horror game.

Swimming around in the depths and then a huge shape appears and tries to swallow you is terrifying

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

There's still places on these forums you can go to and proffer a Wrongthink opinion and get branded for it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Swimming around in the depths and then a huge shape appears and tries to swallow you is terrifying

Even better, diving deep and NOTHING HAPPENING.

Subnautica is the perfect balance of beautiful and scary.

Memento posted:

There's still places on these forums you can go to and proffer a Wrongthink opinion and get branded for it

This is why I stay out of IOSM and Schadenfreud

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Zzulu posted:

holy poo poo, I guess I haven't played subnautica in a long long time, they've added so many new horrifying enemies besides the wraith or whatever, ugh, nope.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I have no idea. Pretty sure I pissed off a Biden apologist, but I was pretty drunk that night.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Looks like it can be attributed to a Pittsburgher judging by the grammar lol

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I have no idea. Pretty sure I pissed off a Biden apologist, but I was pretty drunk that night.

My question though, how feature full us Subzero compared to Vanilla? Does it have the same or more amount of content?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

My question though, how feature full us Subzero compared to Vanilla? Does it have the same or more amount of content?

From what I've heard it seems more compact as the map and content goes, at least, which might not be a bad thing.

Data Graham posted:

Looks like it can be attributed to a Pittsburgher judging by the grammar lol

And my last spite av was from pissing off a Portlander by saying homeless people are human, I wonder how many states I can collect.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Im waiting until release if the main game was anything to go by.

Not that the beta versions werent fun but Subnautica games have a bit more in the way of story beats than most games of that type.

If you want to engage in the story I would wait until the final polish.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That's generally a good idea. Besides, apparently they're changing the entire story content of Below Zero.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Just Offscreen posted:

Im waiting until release

This is always the best bet. I've got a couple of games I've bought and paid for that are still in EA that I'm just going to let bake until done before I crack into them. Shout out to forums user WarpDogs who is making a game I'm very much looking forward to getting into but will be happy to wait until they're Done.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

To paraphrase Yahtzee; best case, you get the game thoroughly spoiled for you while it's at its shittiest; worst case, you get a Starbound where a promising concept is hosed up by developer incompetence.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I got the new Subnautica to try it out.

Without spoiling anything they made a bunch of nice quality of life improvements, and changed the power consumption of stuff (bioreactors aren't as ridiculously OP as before), and most importantly included a bunch of new building options.

Its pretty good, and they completely redid the story and I havent played since before that update. But its real good and oh god the aggressive leviathans are somehow even more terrifying :gonk:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

might as well post stonetoss while you're at it

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Blind Rasputin posted:

There's a game mode where there's no hunger or thirst that takes a lot of the pressure off, you could start there if you wanted to learn the ropes before trying the standard experience.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Totally owned my 18 month old in a way he couldn't possibly understand lol I am a great parent and a patriot

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

drat that meme got you all hosed up, didn't it

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
https://twitter.com/squidlarkin/status/1260450083805499394

Was it here that someone earlier posted the nuclear waste dump underwear things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

KoRMaK posted:

drat that meme got you all hosed up, didn't it

It's so nice to have you drop by and let us know how much you are not affected by memes in this the meme thread.