Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheManWithNoName posted:

Is it holding up okay? For $580 on sale it's not a huge deal if it doesn't last forever, but I've never had a memory foam bed and want to get at least like 5 years out of it.

Yeah I had it for about 6 years before I decided to upgrade and even then I probably could have gotten another 5 out of it.

No issues at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
drat these shin ramyuns are good as hell

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mds2 posted:

Why does Costco not have lids for sodas? Drives me nuts. I’m very spill prone.

The lid dispenser metal tube is always mounted in a weird, inconvenient place I find. Usually up high too so short people have problems and no closer than 7 feet from the soda machine. It’s a weird costco feature that I find to be strangely consistent regardless of what Costcos I go to. Maybe I’m just lucky and all the other ones make more sense but I swear I always grumble when trying to reach for a lid.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Ok, good to know. I’ve been going to church for two years and have yet to find the drat lids. I suppose I’ll just ask next time. I thought it was just a weird policy like not have squeegees at the gas pumps.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Schadenboner posted:

DID YOU GET THE FREE REFILL?

Some places are doing the Oregon thing and a dude fills it for you

Which sucks because you gotta be able to test your soda since that poo poo gets diluted quick

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

OldSenileGuy posted:

which reads to me like the 90 day policy is only for those listed items. And AV Receivers are not on that list. So I guess I'm good?
I bought a surround soundbar (Vizio) from them Holiday 2016. 2 months ago it started de-syncing and dropping the wireless sub every few days. I asked the customer service person who conferred with a supervisor and they said the satisfaction guaranteed policy applied to Sound Bars as well, so they were able to refund it.

Likely applies to receivers as well, but ask customer service first.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

LGD posted:

I went to costco a couple days ago and the empty cup they provided me with my dog already had a lid on it

My local costco closef sll the soda fountains snd instead id handing out cans

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I was kind of thinking of one of the Louisiana Grills vertical smokers that Costco carries for $449, are they still instore?

https://www.costco.com/louisiana-grills-vertical-pellet-smoker.product.100459307.html

The complaint I saw online was that the pellet removal chute didn't let you get all the pellets out of the hopper when you cleaned it (you apparently should remove pellets from a pellet smoker if you're not going to use it for more than a week), and that the grease/drippings tray was not easy/convenient to remove.

https://bestgrillreviews.com/louisiana-grills-65700-lgv7pc1-vertical-smoker-review/

https://smile.amazon.com/Louisiana-Grills-Vertical-Pellet-Smoker/dp/B07PNK9BYF#customerReviews

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/costco-louisiana-grills-series-7-pellet-vertical-smoker.285291/

Something else I should buy instead?

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 14, 2020

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

Paul MaudDib posted:

The folks in the smoking thread may be able to give you some advice.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460953

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

shovelbum posted:

drat these shin ramyuns are good as hell

Did you get the box or brick kind?

Do yourself a flavor favor, crack an egg In there and poach it with the ramen next time you're going the old stovetop route. Worst case scenario, you get egg drop soup. Best case is ramen poached eggggggg

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

This is what confused me. They say:

which reads to me like the 90 day policy is only for those listed items. And AV Receivers are not on that list. So I guess I'm good?

I'd call and ask for clarification. I feel like it was 90 days when I bought my receiver in 2010, and they just blanketed all electronics with that so people wouldn't use them for free upgrades of their equipment every few years.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Tried some of those Bibigo bulgogi dumplings last night, holy crap those are tasty.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Suspect Bucket posted:

Did you get the box or brick kind?

Do yourself a flavor favor, crack an egg In there and poach it with the ramen next time you're going the old stovetop route. Worst case scenario, you get egg drop soup. Best case is ramen poached eggggggg

They're like a giant cup noodle I guess and yeah I almost added an egg but was too lazy

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Paul MaudDib posted:

I was kind of thinking of one of the Louisiana Grills vertical smokers that Costco carries for $449, are they still instore?

https://www.costco.com/louisiana-grills-vertical-pellet-smoker.product.100459307.html

The complaint I saw online was that the pellet removal chute didn't let you get all the pellets out of the hopper when you cleaned it (you apparently should remove pellets from a pellet smoker if you're not going to use it for more than a week), and that the grease/drippings tray was not easy/convenient to remove.

https://bestgrillreviews.com/louisiana-grills-65700-lgv7pc1-vertical-smoker-review/

https://smile.amazon.com/Louisiana-Grills-Vertical-Pellet-Smoker/dp/B07PNK9BYF#customerReviews

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/costco-louisiana-grills-series-7-pellet-vertical-smoker.285291/

I have their big grill Costco was selling last year. It cooks fine but the quality of the grill is poo poo. Paint started peeling everywhere after only a few months. Traegers are powdercoated, and Costco seems to be selling Traeger grills again.

https://www.costco.com/louisiana-grills-lg900-pellet-grill-with-flame-broiler.product.100458788.html

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW posted:

Just bought a Macbook Pro from Costco for $50 off, 90-day return policy and free 4 year warranty. :c00l:

Thanks Costco!

Update: The Macbook Pro was a "preorder" with an expected ship date of 5/25 and 3-5 business day shipping. I paid the $10 for the expedited shipping.

It shipped out from Oakland last night and will be here today instead :stare:

Praise be unto the Costco quick-ship Gods.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

If your prepper supplies are getting low, the long-term storage food buckets are available again online.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Went to church today for my bi-weekly supply run. Meat was abundant. Toilet paper was down to two pallets, causing the people behind me to "stock up because it's getting scarce again". They checked out before me and the checkers told them TP was still one-per-customer, and the wailing began. They were told, very politely, to shut up.

PBUC

The Hambulance fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 14, 2020

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I had to come into the office today for some BS. My office is only 2 blocks from church. I'm raking my brain to think of something I NEED from there.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Squashy Nipples posted:

If your prepper supplies are getting low, the long-term storage food buckets are available again online.

I love that one of the features is "Maximum purchase qty 2"

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

mds2 posted:

I had to come into the office today for some BS. My office is only 2 blocks from church. I'm raking my brain to think of something I NEED from there.

You need to take communion, if nothing else.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

mds2 posted:

frozen junk food?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

FCKGW posted:

Update: The Macbook Pro was a "preorder" with an expected ship date of 5/25 and 3-5 business day shipping. I paid the $10 for the expedited shipping.

It shipped out from Oakland last night and will be here today instead :stare:

Praise be unto the Costco quick-ship Gods.

Costco online has really improved. It used to be stuff would take forever to ship then turn up all of a sudden. Now it’s a really seamless order/ship and if anything they usually arrive before their estimated dates now. Even before the plague times I had gone to ordering most costco stuff online.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Im trying to figure out did she just knock herself out or is she just laying there in immense pain. Probably both

Edit:me no speel so godder

CLONK!

GORDON posted:

I feel like for every 2 hundo you spend, a loving communion should be assumed and provided for free.

A certain kind of person would see $197 in their cart and decide to spend $24 more dollars on another box of protein shakes just to get that free dog.

Stew Leonard’s customers! Every hundo is a free ice cream from their in-shop ice cream stand!

JK Fresco posted:

My local costco closef sll the soda fountains snd instead id handing out cans

All the MA ones are. And you gotta take your dogs to goooo!

It’s like Doobie’s Doghouse in there, but rightly so. These are troubled times.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

The Hambulance posted:

Went to church today for my bi-weekly supply run. Meat was abundant. Toilet paper was down to two pallets, causing the people behind me to "stock up because it's getting scarce again". They checked out before me and the checkers told them TP was still one-per-customer, and the wailing began. They were told, very politely, to shut up.

PBUC
My church hadn't had the 12-packs of 7oz cans of tuna since, like, October. I always keep a bunch on-hand because I go through a ton of tuna. No signs or anything, tried to buy five, they only let me buy one. :qq:

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Thanatosian posted:

My church hadn't had the 12-packs of 7oz cans of tuna since, like, October. I always keep a bunch on-hand because I go through a ton of tuna. No signs or anything, tried to buy five, they only let me buy one. :qq:

I ordered a few online but they exploded in transit, so I was delighted to receive a box full of rotting fish and rotting fish fluids that had been sitting in a hot UPS warehouse for days.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

The one in Shoreline has them reliably. I don't think I've ever seen them out of stock, in fact.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I don’t mean to speak out of turn or blaspheme but church really hosed up when they got rid of chocolate froyo

to say nothing of the vanilla/chocolate swirl

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I still miss the gelato bar in the food court

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

The Hambulance posted:

PBUC

How are these people even making GBS threads so much? Look I poo poo a lot and a 48 pack from Costco would last my house probably 6 months.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I long for the days of the onion dispenser.

A slow turn of the crank, perfect bits of onion, falling effortlessly onto my expertly dressed dog.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ok Comboomer posted:

I don’t mean to speak out of turn or blaspheme but church really hosed up when they got rid of chocolate froyo

to say nothing of the vanilla/chocolate swirl

The strawberry sundae made with chocolate swirl was the greatest thing. It's still served, along with the Polish dog, at the Costco in heaven

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Chinatown posted:

A slow turn of the crank, perfect bits of onion, falling effortlessly onto my expertly dressed dog.

I'm a man who loves to go around and around! Go around and around!!!

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 14, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Enos Cabell posted:

Tried some of those Bibigo bulgogi dumplings last night, holy crap those are tasty.

I went from trying to expertly pan frying them carefully, to steam+pan frying, to just throwing them in boiling water.

They're amazing and I'll finish a bag a week just eating dumplings for dinner.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

https://www.costco.com/capresso-metal-die-cast-housing-conical-burr-grinder.product.11378793.html

But with onions :ninja:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

pentyne posted:

I went from trying to expertly pan frying them carefully, to steam+pan frying, to just throwing them in boiling water.

They're amazing and I'll finish a bag a week just eating dumplings for dinner.

Excellent, was hoping there was a better way than pan frying to prepare these!

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
My last CostCo trip I actually bought that bitchin dip and promptly forgot about it until today and dang, y'all were not kidding. This stuff is good.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Where is this bitchin' dip located? Wifezwang and I are going to church again soon, and I don't want to miss it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Zugzwang posted:

Where is this bitchin' dip located? Wifezwang and I are going to church again soon, and I don't want to miss it.

In my store it's in the refrigerated section next to the meats and cheeses.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Enos Cabell posted:

In my store it's in the refrigerated section next to the meats and cheeses.
Thankee. Looks like there are a lot of flavors. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Zugzwang posted:

Thankee. Looks like there are a lot of flavors. :unsmigghh:

Oooh, you are extra blessed today. When they first started carrying it here they had the big tubs of chipotle flavored, and then much smaller 3 packs of like 9 other varieties. Since that first week though they've only had the chipotle sadly.