Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

herculon posted:

I had a dream that my car was in my living room. The check engine light was on and I thought if I slammed on the gas peddle, the light would go away. The entire dream was me revving my car's engine in my living room while the radio played the Daytona USA theme.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I dreamed that I was driving down a road and my car's windshield kept fogging up really really bad so I had to drive with my head sticking out the window in the middle of a storm. In the dream Wormskull had made an Imp Zone post making fun of people who drive like this so I was filled with shame at what the Zone would think of me.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i would believe 100% wormskull has made that post if someone told me

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I dreamed that I was driving down a road and my car's windshield kept fogging up really really bad so I had to drive with my head sticking out the window in the middle of a storm. In the dream Wormskull had made an Imp Zone post making fun of people who drive like this so I was filled with shame at what the Zone would think of me.

Lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Worm skull is probably the most influential non-executive Dunkin donuts employee in the entire world

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I was playing Deadly Premonition 2, and I had gotten to the big twist that the Laura Palmer character murdered herself. It was terribly important that she didn't commit suicide, but was in fact a self-murderer. At this point the game was a big bundle of sidequests to help people around the town, but I decided that I was kind of bored with it so I just went to the main quest. I confronted the slimy bloody ghost of Laura Palmer. The fight was a big series of quicktime events, but because I hadn't done enough sidequests, York's friendship meter was super low which meant all the quicktime inputs were insane bullshit like:

(down analog stick) X X Y (three analog stick rotations) (type in MAR on your keyboard)

Except it stretched all the way across the screen. I did two of these before getting fed up, making me wake up.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Arrhythmia posted:

I was playing Deadly Premonition 2, and I had gotten to the big twist that the Laura Palmer character murdered herself. It was terribly important that she didn't commit suicide, but was in fact a self-murderer. At this point the game was a big bundle of sidequests to help people around the town, but I decided that I was kind of bored with it so I just went to the main quest. I confronted the slimy bloody ghost of Laura Palmer. The fight was a big series of quicktime events, but because I hadn't done enough sidequests, York's friendship meter was super low which meant all the quicktime inputs were insane bullshit like:

(down analog stick) X X Y (three analog stick rotations) (type in MAR on your keyboard)

Except it stretched all the way across the screen. I did two of these before getting fed up, making me wake up.

awesome

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I dreamed that my brother was telling me he read an article that said masked video game characters like Shadow from Final Fantasy 6 are now considered more heroic in the age of covid-19. I said that's funny, I just had a dream that Shadow was leading a rebellion against Mario and Link and he said whoa I had the same dream but it was the opposite. I was describing my dream and how it was in manga style, with black ink on colored pages, when suddenly I realized that it hadn't been Shadow leading the rebellion at all, but Fox McCloud! I was so startled by this revelation that I woke up.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Caithness posted:

I dreamed that my brother was telling me he read an article that said masked video game characters like Shadow from Final Fantasy 6 are now considered more heroic in the age of covid-19. I said that's funny, I just had a dream that Shadow was leading a rebellion against Mario and Link and he said whoa I had the same dream but it was the opposite. I was describing my dream and how it was in manga style, with black ink on colored pages, when suddenly I realized that it hadn't been Shadow leading the rebellion at all, but Fox McCloud! I was so startled by this revelation that I woke up.

Lol :monocle:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i had extremely realistic dream that i was in cs_office with with my jill valentine-esq partner getting ready to rescue the hostages. we decided to take the front yard entrance but while we were preparing for entry the distinct sound of a pig grunt was heard in the direction of snowman and we both knew that this was the super secret bonus objective that required us to rescue the pig as a hostage so we went off in that direction instead, presumably leaving the human hostages to be executed by anarchist terrorists. entering a new part of the office through snowman we entered a super dark room with the only light coming through the boarded up windows at the back of it, we could hear movement inside so my partner throws in a smoke grenade and smoke bugs 2 terrorists who i brutally dome in surprisingly realistic fashion with my desert eagle and we proceed carefully further into the room, the grunting of the pig gradually getting louder as we do so. suddenly we notice a quick movement on the floor.... it's facehuggers, and we've disturbed some eggs, we start blasting through them as they scurry behind desks and destroying any eggs we come across until we find the objective, our pig sitting next to some kind of super alien egg that we know is extra bad for some reason.

We don't have much time to think through as suddenly a bunch of skulks from natural selection (classic design not ns2) start attacking us and we start blasting through them as they leap at us and run across the roof, we know this is bad and it's time for a desperate move, I arm my incendiary grenade and shove it into the super egg while my partner picks up the pig and run down a flight of stairs towards the nearest exit. bad news, the doors locked, we give them some kicks when i notice that the'res a large plate glass window at the top of the stairwell, we get to the top of the stairs again and jump through it, pig in tow, just as the grenade goes off and blasting the whole building apart. both of us land on the ground in the sun near the beach (i only just realised how weird part is since office is in the snow) and are met by our police chief, who looks exactly like reginald veljohnson, who puts his arms over both our shoulders and tells us how great a job we did.

it was at the moment in felt super self conscious about the fact that i was naked through this whole ordeal and i woke up embarrassed.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i had extremely realistic dream that i was in cs_office with with my jill valentine-esq partner getting ready to rescue the hostages. we decided to take the front yard entrance but while we were preparing for entry the distinct sound of a pig grunt was heard in the direction of snowman and we both knew that this was the super secret bonus objective that required us to rescue the pig as a hostage so we went off in that direction instead, presumably leaving the human hostages to be executed by anarchist terrorists. entering a new part of the office through snowman we entered a super dark room with the only light coming through the boarded up windows at the back of it, we could hear movement inside so my partner throws in a smoke grenade and smoke bugs 2 terrorists who i brutally dome in surprisingly realistic fashion with my desert eagle and we proceed carefully further into the room, the grunting of the pig gradually getting louder as we do so. suddenly we notice a quick movement on the floor.... it's facehuggers, and we've disturbed some eggs, we start blasting through them as they scurry behind desks and destroying any eggs we come across until we find the objective, our pig sitting next to some kind of super alien egg that we know is extra bad for some reason.

We don't have much time to think through as suddenly a bunch of skulks from natural selection (classic design not ns2) start attacking us and we start blasting through them as they leap at us and run across the roof, we know this is bad and it's time for a desperate move, I arm my incendiary grenade and shove it into the super egg while my partner picks up the pig and run down a flight of stairs towards the nearest exit. bad news, the doors locked, we give them some kicks when i notice that the'res a large plate glass window at the top of the stairwell, we get to the top of the stairs again and jump through it, pig in tow, just as the grenade goes off and blasting the whole building apart. both of us land on the ground in the sun near the beach (i only just realised how weird part is since office is in the snow) and are met by our police chief, who looks exactly like reginald veljohnson, who puts his arms over both our shoulders and tells us how great a job we did.

it was at the moment in felt super self conscious about the fact that i was naked through this whole ordeal and i woke up embarrassed.

But dammit you get results.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

But dammit you get results.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

had a dream that you finally beat animal crossing by marrying one of the villagers or npcs but my only option was a npc i never heard of who runs a daycare

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lol again

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I had a dream I was playing a tactical stealth type game where you manage an intergenerational secret war against a secretive corporation that's slowly populating the world with zombies. I was in a big city harbor area with my two party members when I suddenly had to take a piss really bad. I go to a nearby restroom when suddenly a zombie slams the door shut! I didn't have a lockpick so this could be a potentially game ending event but luckily I busted the door open before it could close completely. I chased down the zombie and jumped on his shoulders piggy back style and started pounding his face with my hands. After knocking him unconscious I realized he was my former boss and not a zombie but I pretended he was to my two companions

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I dreamt that I was replaying a first-person Star Trek RPG that looked like Wizardry 8, and that I had played a bunch as a kid but never beaten the last boss. I loaded up my old save and managed to win the last boss fight by throwing Spock’s tricorder way up into the air over and over so that it would clunk down on the boss’s head like the Quiet fight in Metal Gear Solid V (it made the same noise). After the fight there was a very long cutscene where Spock got really mad and sulky about his tricorder being broken and refused to come out of his room. I looked the ending up on GameFAQs and saw that the game had two endings, and I that had reached the “bad” one by allowing any of Spock’s stuff to be broken.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

I dreamt that I was replaying a first-person Star Trek RPG that looked like Wizardry 8, and that I had played a bunch as a kid but never beaten the last boss. I loaded up my old save and managed to win the last boss fight by throwing Spock’s tricorder way up into the air over and over so that it would clunk down on the boss’s head like the Quiet fight in Metal Gear Solid V (it made the same noise). After the fight there was a very long cutscene where Spock got really mad and sulky about his tricorder being broken and refused to come out of his room. I looked the ending up on GameFAQs and saw that the game had two endings, and I that had reached the “bad” one by allowing any of Spock’s stuff to be broken.

i want to play this more than anything lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

theres so many bad star trek games is genres that dont suit the show at all that i cant believe their isnt a wizardry style one where you take away teams and build your party for each mission

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

It was honestly really fun and I was extremely disappointed when I woke up and slowly realized the game didn’t exist

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

theres so many bad star trek games is genres that dont suit the show at all that i cant believe their isnt a wizardry style one where you take away teams and build your party for each mission

The Elite Force games were fairly sick but a Star Trek TOS RPG would own

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The NES Star Trek game was probably the best one and it’s all downhill from there.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

haven't been posting much because it turns out raising a toddler and working full time at the same time is hard. my coronavirus crazy thing has been to start exercising, so i've been doing six weeks to 100 pushups and 6 weeks to 200 squats, for example. in the evenings, after my son goes to sleep, i've been playing the ff7 remake.

had a dream last night that i was on an amtrak train and it was where my wife and i had to live for the rest of the virus situation, for some reason. i was trying to conduct my work on a new sony release called the Playstation PlayAnywhere, that sort of made a holographic screen in front of you generated by a PS4 controller. but the interface for trying to answer an email was so terrible that i couldn't seem to type a single word. a guy i work with was sending me email after email telling me that i urgently needed to pay an invoice for an international evacuation, or the company would stop providing the evacuation service, but i was just trying to type "approved" on this weird virtual screen in the air with my PS4 controller, crying and screaming that i couldn't type anything.

finally i managed to reply that i was having technical difficulties (i don't know why that was easier than typing "approved") and i got up to go to the bathroom, feeling really stressed out, and when i looked in the mirror, Cloud Strife was looking back at me. i said "what the hell?" out loud, and it was cloud's voice. the cloud in the mirror nodded. "think about it," he said. "you have blonde hair and spookily light blue eyes. you've always looked weirdly thin. and.......... you've been doing squats." and suddenly, everything made sense. i'd been cloud strife, my entire life, and i had just forgotten about it because of the Shinra Mako experiments on me. when i left the bathroom, my wife had turned into Tifa and all the other people on the train were shinra goons. the guy at work i had been emailing was there, and it turned out he was heidegger.

"this is over," i said, drawing the buster sword, and Barret chimed in from behind me and said "Hell YEAH it is! there ain't no gettin offa this train we on." Tifa nodded and looked at me like i was the coolest person in the world. i felt awesome as i prepared for an easy boss battle with Heidegger, hitting him over and over with focused thrust and staggering him with ease. in the end, i did a limit break called Aurora Delta that used the PS4 Controller to fire a bunch of lasers and create a giant, pyramid prism around Heidegger and then slowly close it around him, crushing him completely. my son ran up, and he was dressed in a toddler version of the purple cloud outfit and had the Cloud spikes in his hair. he had a tiny buster sword that he was holding like a tonberry (he often has a toy knife in his hand in real life because one of his favorite games is to pretend to chop his toy vegetables). "let's mosey," I said, and my cloud-son said "mosey! funnyyyyyyyy! funnyyyyyyyy! mosey."

i woke up shortly afterward and remembered that i don't really want to be cloud strife at all, and he's probably not even a good model for how to do squats.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

haven't been posting much because it turns out raising a toddler and working full time at the same time is hard. my coronavirus crazy thing has been to start exercising, so i've been doing six weeks to 100 pushups and 6 weeks to 200 squats, for example. in the evenings, after my son goes to sleep, i've been playing the ff7 remake.

had a dream last night that i was on an amtrak train and it was where my wife and i had to live for the rest of the virus situation, for some reason. i was trying to conduct my work on a new sony release called the Playstation PlayAnywhere, that sort of made a holographic screen in front of you generated by a PS4 controller. but the interface for trying to answer an email was so terrible that i couldn't seem to type a single word. a guy i work with was sending me email after email telling me that i urgently needed to pay an invoice for an international evacuation, or the company would stop providing the evacuation service, but i was just trying to type "approved" on this weird virtual screen in the air with my PS4 controller, crying and screaming that i couldn't type anything.

finally i managed to reply that i was having technical difficulties (i don't know why that was easier than typing "approved") and i got up to go to the bathroom, feeling really stressed out, and when i looked in the mirror, Cloud Strife was looking back at me. i said "what the hell?" out loud, and it was cloud's voice. the cloud in the mirror nodded. "think about it," he said. "you have blonde hair and spookily light blue eyes. you've always looked weirdly thin. and.......... you've been doing squats." and suddenly, everything made sense. i'd been cloud strife, my entire life, and i had just forgotten about it because of the Shinra Mako experiments on me. when i left the bathroom, my wife had turned into Tifa and all the other people on the train were shinra goons. the guy at work i had been emailing was there, and it turned out he was heidegger.

"this is over," i said, drawing the buster sword, and Barret chimed in from behind me and said "Hell YEAH it is! there ain't no gettin offa this train we on." Tifa nodded and looked at me like i was the coolest person in the world. i felt awesome as i prepared for an easy boss battle with Heidegger, hitting him over and over with focused thrust and staggering him with ease. in the end, i did a limit break called Aurora Delta that used the PS4 Controller to fire a bunch of lasers and create a giant, pyramid prism around Heidegger and then slowly close it around him, crushing him completely. my son ran up, and he was dressed in a toddler version of the purple cloud outfit and had the Cloud spikes in his hair. he had a tiny buster sword that he was holding like a tonberry (he often has a toy knife in his hand in real life because one of his favorite games is to pretend to chop his toy vegetables). "let's mosey," I said, and my cloud-son said "mosey! funnyyyyyyyy! funnyyyyyyyy! mosey."

i woke up shortly afterward and remembered that i don't really want to be cloud strife at all, and he's probably not even a good model for how to do squats.

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
cloud-son

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
I dreamt that video games journalist and creeper pervert Nick Robinson was hiding out in the city, and I had to track him down and kick his rear end. Unfortunately I lost him in the shopping center and then my pants disappeared.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
the playanywhere lmfao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Marry Tifa, kill Aeris. It all makes sense

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

LmfO

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

congrats and also lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

thank you

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is why you never skip leg day

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

just after doing my exercises yesterday, i got back to the sector 6 gym during the late-game sidequests and had to do the pull up mini-games with Tifa, and watching her do them was so exhausting that i had to take a break, lol

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

dreamt that i was playing a metal gear solid game that took place after coronavirus killed 90% of the world population. the only mission i remember involved getting into a knife fight with the prime minister of india in a field outside an abandoned elementary school

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dreamed I was playing FF7 Remake and was wondering why Cloud spoke the way he did. He had remained silent for most of the first area other than some weird combat grunts and threats. Only then did it come back to me that I had voiced Cloud as a bet, and the developers loved my take on the character so much that they made it the final version of his voice.

The problem was that I'd never played FF7 and only skimmed the script, and because it was a bet I had decided to give him a completely deranged over-the-top Scots-Irish accent (I am Scottish and do have a strong Glasgow accent, and I have in fact never played FF7). The result was that it was terribly out-of-place and frankly alarming.

I played through a lot of "highlights" and memorable moments from the game, most of which were completely imaginary, but I do remember when Sephiroth kills Aeris the me-Cloud screamed at him "MOAN THEN YE oval office, AH'M GONNAE FUCKIN CHIB YE, GONNAE GET THIS BIG BLACK BASTIRT TAE HOLD YE DOON AND SMASH YER FUCKIN KNEECAPS IN, SEE WHIT YE FUCKIN GIT WHEN YE TOUCH MAH BURD" and one of my main battle victory soundbites was chanting "OOH AHH UP THE RA". When he first meets Tifa he began saying things like "OOH HEN THOSE ARE SOME FUCKIN CHEBS ON YE, CANNAE WAIT TAE GET MA FACE INTAE THOSE HEFTY JUGS, GEEZ A FUCKIN BOUNCE HEN"

At one point the party met some Tonberries and me-Cloud decided they were leprechauns and went full Irish, cackling about pots of gold and roaming through the sunny fields of Kilronan. I do not do a good Irish accent.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 11:54 on May 28, 2020

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed I was playing FF7 Remake and was wondering why Cloud spoke the way he did. He had remained silent for most of the first area other than some weird combat grunts and threats. Only then did it come back to me that I had voiced Cloud as a bet, and the developers loved my take on the character so much that they made it the final version of his voice.

The problem was that I'd never played FF7 and only skimmed the script, and because it was a bet I had decided to give him a completely deranged over-the-top Scots-Irish accent (I am Scottish and do have a strong Glasgow accent, and I have in fact never played FF7). The result was that it was terribly out-of-place and frankly alarming.

I played through a lot of "highlights" and memorable moments from the game, most of which were completely imaginary, but I do remember when Sephiroth kills Aeris the me-Cloud screamed at him "MOAN THEN YE oval office, AH'M GONNAE FUCKIN CHIB YE, GONNAE GET THIS BIG BLACK BASTIRT TAE HOLD YE DOON AND SMASH YER FUCKIN KNEECAPS IN, SEE WHIT YE FUCKIN GIT WHEN YE TOUCH MAH BURD" and one of my main battle victory soundbites was chanting "OOH AHH UP THE RA". When he first meets Tifa he began saying things like "OOH HEN THOSE ARE SOME FUCKIN CHEBS ON YE, CANNAE WAIT TAE GET MA FACE INTAE THOSE HEFTY JUGS, GEEZ A FUCKIN BOUNCE HEN"

At one point the party met some Tonberries and me-Cloud decided they were leprechauns and went full Irish, cackling about pots of gold and roaming through the sunny fields of Kilronan. I do not do a good Irish accent.

lol that sounds good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dreamt that the latest and greatest Battle Royale game had just come out on iOS but it was basically combining the idea of a battle Royale with Pokemon Go so people were encouraged to gang up and rove around parks beating people up and trying to geocache for digital treasure chests. The way you won was by collecting 3 of the SMW dragon coins and then bringing it to a treasure chest and opening it and you won real money. Me and 2 friends did and I became the squad leader because I assured them I know this area, I used to work for the Governor's Office in this state, I know all the ins and outs. My two friends got hogtied by a squad of 4 people dressed up like the four swords adventure cartoon link team and I had to escape with my life but I eventually found 3 coins and the treasure chest and I won 3 cents which felt like a real ripoff before even considering that I didn't know where my friends had gone.