Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Something lawful
Aug 13, 2007
wut wut
Are you lot working more or less now? I've dialed it down to a 2 but some of my megacorp breatherin are working weekends and stuff. Weird. :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Tayter Swift posted:

tater is quite satisfied with me wfh

he had some bad skin problems over the last couple weeks but a trip to the vet and some meds did the trick

needs a gd haircut tho

we got a dog recently that happened to be named tater too. she's pretty good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rumor mill is that’ll I’ll be wfh well through the summer

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Something lawful posted:

Are you lot working more or less now? I've dialed it down to a 2 but some of my megacorp breatherin are working weekends and stuff. Weird. :angel:

About the same. Probably less if you count commuting as work (I do). Probably more if you don’t. Having breaks on the couch and more ability to create empty space on my schedule make the whole operation much less stressful.

Also keeping morale up is more important now so time spent just bullshitting with people is now something I can brag about instead of something preventing me from getting work done.

tk fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 14, 2020

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Something lawful posted:

I feel like I have spurts of work motivation. I have more of the no motivation days now that I just sit at home all day.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Something lawful posted:

last customer a few weeks ago had a ton of money on the line and was pretty difficult so i was working nights and weekends to make that happen but that’s also my job

current customer is one of our rare ‘good customers’ that actually read AND FOLLOWED all of our guidance for getting themselves ready before i came on so it’s been extremely easy and i’m back to mostly playing poker and browsing sa all day

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

don’t tell anyone but I’m playing ffxiv during work hours now :ssh:

in all fairness we’ve basically finished our work for the sprint

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
our bosses told us that tech productivity has actually gone up during enforced wfh and that it will be a long long time before our office reopens

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Methanar posted:

Nothing makes me happy anymore

our good friends at Big Pharma help me wiht this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Something lawful posted:

i work less but get more done

funny how that works

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Something lawful posted:

i'm working weekends regularly right now. it sucks but at least we still have enough to do, i guess.

also, i still get more sleep than before because i only commute from my bed to my desk, so overall it's a wash.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm both working hard and hardly working

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Something lawful posted:

i think i'm working a bit more but it's spread out throughout the day. our vpn only has a certain number of simultaneous seats and i volunteered to use it in the evening since i'm a night owl anyway. i'll trickle a bit of work during the day, take naps if i want, whatever then after 6ish when my brain is at its best i'll effortcode until 11 or so

all in all i think i'm working more but also enjoying it more and i'm certainly more productive

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Something lawful posted:

i'm doing more work, but that's because ~the situation of the world~ has given me more work to do. i am not "working" more hours, however, beyond one meeting i had to call in to on a day off that i got comp time for.

the city is stay at home until june 8 at the minimum, so we won't be back in the office until then, for sure, but who knows. management is Very Bad at letting us know things.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
been a while since i saw a good tater pic

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

been a while since i saw a good tater pic

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

finally gotten back to a sane working rhythm having moved out to the cabin (well, "cabin") in the woods where i have enough room to actually have an office for working in. was wearing real thin working and relaxing in the same space.

i still only put in maybe 4 effective hours a day, but i think that is about my pace even when properly at the office for 9 hours.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Something lawful posted:

I’ve been freaking out because my project got shelved so I’m trying to quickly get all my time covered again and resigning to the fact I’m going to be split up over projects again

So I’m putting in more effort when I get the motivation so people won’t think I’m a slacker

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

my work let us know that if we can work from home just fine, to expect to be wfh through the rest of the calendar year at least. there's a bunch of on-site people now too, for production stuff mostly, but they've got them way more spread out and all with masks and stuff

i'm interested to see what happens to our open offices with short-wall/no-wall desks all packed in, since they were rolled out less than two years ago and everyone hates them.

i'm liking wfh overall, except that overall i'm worse at work -- but that's more from the underlying constant feeling of dread that comes with a global pandemic and being scared of losing my job.

i took this week off so that I can chill out and feel zero guilt for my work output, and clean up my home and improve my work from home area. mostly just been playing nonstop animal crossing ngl

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Slippery Tilde

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

then u can tell ur coworkers what the bossman said and they can all yell at him about not wanting to catch the rona from HPH

this has already come up actually, we're all just waiting to get pozzed by hoverwife at my house and my immediate boss is quite aware of that

unfortunately he doesn't have any say so about it. but at any rate it's moot about returning as long as the schools and daycares are still closed

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we're all just waiting to get pozzed by hoverwife
she sounds very generous

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i submitted docs to my doc to get permanent wfh. going into the office is pointless and stupid and i'm not doing it again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ok which one of us had to appear in texas court this week

https://twitter.com/NC_CyberLaw/status/1260962053973516289

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

you'll be shocked to learn that basically the same thing already happened in florida like a month ago

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

welp the whole cal state system is gonna be online in the fall too. guess i'm wfh for the next seven months at least.

university still won't buy me a fuckin widescreen monitor and they just laughed and thought i was making a joke when i said they should start paying me rent for the classroom floor space in my apartment. i wasn't

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

our good friends at Big Pharma help me wiht this

I "love" counselling people who are starting on antidepressants because often the Dr has done a mediocre job of explaining how these things works, so I have to watch their faces drop as I tell them they'll likely experience side effects before they get benefits. easier said that done when you tell people "oh yeha you may be an anxious mess for the next few weeks but if you stick it out you may feel better, or not"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
tater is not making the photo thing easy rn so heres a really lovely phone pic from last week

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

I "love" counselling people who are starting on antidepressants because often the Dr has done a mediocre job of explaining how these things works, so I have to watch their faces drop as I tell them they'll likely experience side effects before they get benefits. easier said that done when you tell people "oh yeha you may be an anxious mess for the next few weeks but if you stick it out you may feel better, or not"

psych meds suck

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

hmm im gonna have to pray over this.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
seriously though; like sure modern psych meds can help with a lot of conditions and aren't entirely negative, but they're also part of a system of bio-medicalization of mental health issues that forces people into a position of "take these meds that alter your brain chemistry to make you feel better maybe but also have terrible side effects but hey that's the price and that's what you get"

its cheaper and more individualistic than other paths so our society likes it

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

anti-depression meds are barely better than placebo in studies, and ssris in particular have a whole laundry list of side effects. i know some people swear by them, but i wouldn't touch them personally. weed is a pretty good anti depressant though imo

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i've been taking an ssri since high school. first it was paxil and then in grad school i switched to lexapro. the conversation with the psych dr went: "so i hear you've having increased symptoms again. i see here you like to smoke weed? well why don't you try this lexapro instead, people who like weed tend to like lexapro"

i have no idea if it is doing anything for me anymore though. except for making my head feel weird when i forget to take it for a day or two

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i read somewhere once that the initial procedure for identifying psych drug candidates involves feeding them to a rat, putting the rat into a vat of water with no way to escape or rest, and seeing how long the rat swims for before it drowns. if it lasts longer than the placebo rat, drug candidate!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

remember all psych med research is based on people undergoing regular therapy, just giving them meds and not having them in regular counseling is a dice roll, like that antidepressant side effect where people finally get enough motivation to attempt suicide

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
If anyone is bored, Springer released a bunch of their textbooks for free during the pandemic so you can download them and learn something new:

https://link.springer.com/search/page/7?facet-content-type=%22Book%22&package=mat-covid19_textbooks

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Tayter Swift posted:

tater is not making the photo thing easy rn so heres a really lovely phone pic from last week

good dog

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Tayter Swift posted:

shame on you for the attachment
i love tater tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

its cheaper and more individualistic than other paths so our society likes it

yep here the wholesale price of a box of 84 citalopram is $1.84

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Take your meds in our brave new world; if you don’t and things go bad for you then it’s entirely your own fault!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the worst thing about psych meds is the 10 minutes at the beginning of each session my psych spends bemoaning how terrible the internet and computers are