Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cozz posted:

What type of team are you trying to run/what event are you running? I'm trying to figure out what team you're running, and I really can't think of a team that Turles, Kale and Bardock fit on other than pure Sayians.

A Goku's Family Team with SSJ4 Goku, Bardock, and Transforming Goku should be pretty strong though.

It's a Pure Saiyans team with PHY SSJ Vegeta leading. I was thinking of running INT Godku, AGL SSJ4 Goku, AGL Turles, STR Kale (or Bardock), and then ???. I wanted to fit in a TEQ unit but my option are random units like Tora, Caulifa, coat SSGSS Vegeta, Masked Saiyan, SSJ3 Vegeta (GT) so I guess a non-TEQ unit would be better.

Cozz posted:

Ah, that makes more sense, I probably should have looked at their previous posts.

Generally, with category teams, you can go with the best units without worrying about type. Sadly you can't run STR SSJ4 Goku with the AGL one, but AGL is an upgrade in just about every way at this point (until they start doing EZA's for the 120% leads, which STR SSJ4 Goku is). I think a Teaam of INT LR Godku, AGL LR SSJ4 Goku, AGL Transforming Goku, AGL Bardock, and AGL Turles , and some sixth unit (even Kale) should be good for most events.

Wouldn't running a ton of AGL units like that be a bit lop-sided, or doesn't it really matter as long as the fight isn't against a TEQ unit?

RBX posted:

You always use whatever kais you have to bring summonable LRs to at least Super Attack Lvl 10. Beyond that is up to you and how much you'll use the card. Any card that's good you should immediately SA 10. Look up on the dokkan wiki tier list for what good stuff is. They have a tier list for every category team and type team.

Fair enough. I need to fair upgrade items for him still anyways and I assume there are no farmable SSJ4 Goku fodder anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's a Pure Saiyans team with PHY SSJ Vegeta leading. I was thinking of running INT Godku, AGL SSJ4 Goku, AGL Turles, STR Kale (or Bardock), and then ???. I wanted to fit in a TEQ unit but my option are random units like Tora, Caulifa, coat SSGSS Vegeta, Masked Saiyan, SSJ3 Vegeta (GT) so I guess a non-TEQ unit would be better.

Wouldn't running a ton of AGL units like that be a bit lop-sided, or doesn't it really matter as long as the fight isn't against a TEQ unit?

Fair enough. I need to fair upgrade items for him still anyways and I assume there are no farmable SSJ4 Goku fodder anywhere.

That's not a bad team. And a mostly agility team could have trouble against a TEQ Enemy, but stronger agl units should be able to do okay, but you may only want one of the AGL Transforming Goku or Bardock on your team, since Turles is one of the best supports in the game.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

On that note, I dropped my Turles for LR SS4 Goku, but the team hasn't been as good without him, even if it hits slightly harder. My trouble is a massive AGL overload, I can't decide who to bench. I don't have a better Pure Saiyans leader, so I think I'm stuck with Vegeta as lead.

Thoughts?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ssj3 goku is an easy drop

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What non-LR units do you have? I agree SS3 Goku is the one to drop. Needs 18 ki supers to be good and he ain't getting that on that team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SS3 Goku is a fantastic defensive unit with his 12ki supers.

The game isn't just raw damage anymore

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's better stuff out there to use for defense than SS3 Goku. Nobody uses him for that, that's why I asked what else does he have.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

a neat cape posted:

The game isn't just raw damage anymore

Only 95% of the content is raw damage-based.

The remaining 5% is LGE and IDH.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Depending on what other units are in the box, maybe it'd be better to switch to a Goku's family team since there are five of them in that photo. Although then you lose out on potential Turles support.

I think the most important thing for team building is synergy/links, supports, and rotations, which is why it sucks that Buu's (no ki links) and Ultimate Gohans (No prepared for battle, but I do like Shocking Speed) really don't have any teams. Most teams will do good damage, and most teams have decent defense. Not every unit has to be STR Cooler or EZA PHY SSGSS Vegito.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

My current "can effortlessly clear most content" team is LR SSJ4 Goku, LR Spirit Bomb Goku, LR Godku, LR Int Gohan, LR GoBros, and LR Bee Pan. Bee Pan might get replaced when I rank up enough to fit someone else.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

EVGA Longoria posted:

My current "can effortlessly clear most content" team is LR SSJ4 Goku, LR Spirit Bomb Goku, LR Godku, LR Int Gohan, LR GoBros, and LR Bee Pan. Bee Pan might get replaced when I rank up enough to fit someone else.

Mine is

Double STR Cooler
EZA TEQ Golden Frieza
EZA INT Janemba
LR Bojack
PHY Dragon Ball Super Broly
EZA INT Metal Cooler

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Image dump incoming, sorry in advance.

My Pure Saiyan options are

And my Goku's Family options are

I originally stopped playing before categories were a thing, and back then it was definitely 100% focused on damage output and having the very specific links you needed in order to disable the Rampage skill, gently caress you Broly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

You have Spirit Bomb Absorbed Goku.

Run a Super Saiyan team. He's fun as hell to use and that 18ki super never gets old

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

TEQ Raditz
INT Ultimate Gohan
STR SSG Goku
AGL SS3 Goku
AGL Dragon Ball Super Broly
PHY Goku dokkans to Kaio Ken Goku

You have alot of good stuff. Replace LR SS3 Goku with TEQ SSG Goku and it should run smoother while you get all of that dokkan awakened

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

man the face on that that teq raditz is just slightly wrong and it keeps throwing me off

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Just realized I don't have the team cost yet to fit LR AGL SSJ4 Goku on my team. Guess I'll be running a different setup for now (or I'll just leave him UR for now).

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Just realized I don't have the team cost yet to fit LR AGL SSJ4 Goku on my team. Guess I'll be running a different setup for now (or I'll just leave him UR for now).

I think now's a good time to get some decent rank ups in, since it's x3 rank experience. Not as good as the anniversray/campaigns (half stamina/x4 rank experience), but you should eventually be able to run all those LR's. IT's been years since I've had to worry about team costs though so it might be better to use your stamina to get other things done.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Ultimate Battle round 3 Jiren boss is wrecking my AGL teams.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Webbeh posted:

Ultimate Battle round 3 Jiren boss is wrecking my AGL teams.

Isn't the current Battlefield Jiren TEQ? I remember beating him with an Extreme INT team both times. Unless you're talking about a different mode.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Cozz posted:

Isn't the current Battlefield Jiren TEQ? I remember beating him with an Extreme INT team both times. Unless you're talking about a different mode.

Nope - you're right 100%, I misremembered. It's definitely a INT team I used, and I'm strugglin' to make a dent with an Ext INT team. My Super INT wasn't much better.

Those drat first shot supers are what gets me.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

For your Pure Saiyans team run:

LR SSJ3 Goku - SSJ3 Vegeta (Xeno)
LR SSJ4 Goku - SSJ4 Vegeta
SSB Vegeta (Leader) - Turles - PHY SSJ Vegeta (Friend)

The SSJ4 Vegeta is very replaceable, but I like synergy in a rotation, but it looks to be stronger than your Goku's Family options.

In other news, I dropped Namek Vegeta from my Ext. Int team, because he just wasn't good enough.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

do you not have him awakened

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What team are you using for Jiren?

I use INT Gogeta and LR GT Trio as leads with INT Ultimate Gohan, INT Kid Goku, UI Goku, LR SS2 Gohan, and INT Hercule the MVP.

Then Extreme INT cleans up with INT Kid Buu and LR Cell, Metal Cooler, Angel Golden Frieza, Janemba, Zamasu, and LR Metal Cooler.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm using
LR Cell (Leader) - Perfect Cell
Janemba - Buuhan
Goku Black (Leader) - Zamasu - Metal Cooler Army

My Super Int team is kinda scuffed, but it doesn't really matter, Ext Int eats Jiren alive.

Aurora posted:

do you not have him awakened

I do, but he's just not tanky enough on his own and I have cards in each rotation that have priority on getting orbs.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m trying a good team to do the third infinite history event and get all the missions done in one go. You need characters from worthy rivals and vegetas family. I guess since I have SSJ4 Vegeta I can just make a Vegeta team..

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Wuxi posted:

I'm using
LR Cell (Leader) - Perfect Cell
Janemba - Buuhan
Goku Black (Leader) - Zamasu - Metal Cooler Army

My Super Int team is kinda scuffed, but it doesn't really matter, Ext Int eats Jiren alive.

I do, but he's just not tanky enough on his own and I have cards in each rotation that have priority on getting orbs.

i mean his 40% boost is pretty valuable to the team, idk if any other floater you'd run outclasses his support in some way

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Int Vegeta is way more valuable than Buuhan

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he may heal but you already have zamasu and he doesn't take hits well like zamasu

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Int Vegeta isn't even in the same universe power-wise if we're talking about beating up Jiren. Buuhan provides a greater attack debuff and a whole bunch of healing. Once the rotations are setup Buuhan is the reason I'm always at full health and at no risk of getting killed in an unlucky attack pattern. Everyone else on the team is just exchangeable muscle to take the hits. If I'd replace anyone it would be Goku Black (and I did replace him for a while)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Are we talking about the same Vegeta? The 50% support?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah cuz no way in hell is Buuhan better than him. He literally does what Buuhan does better.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How are these two even comparable? They do completely different things. Vegeta doesn't heal and Vegeta doesn't greatly reduce ATK. His ATK buff is great, but its completely unneeded for Jiren, since its not a race. He'll die in 10 turns either way.
His DEF buff is strictly worse than debuffing ATK, the KI isn't really needed since the rotations are pretty self-sufficient. The orb changing is great, again, but it mostly benefits Buuhan to begin with.
There's an argument to be made to replace Goku Black with Vegeta, but Buuhan? Not a chance. Did you all miss Buuhans EZA somehow, or why are you so down on him?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Wuxi posted:

There's an argument to be made to replace Goku Black with Vegeta

I'd do that, just for the much better leader skill for that team comp and the fact that INT Goku Black's transformation conditions are nearly fuckin impossible to trigger. His stacking defense is hard to ignore vs Jiren though.

(or drop Zamasu instead, I actually keep him saved aside for a backup Potara team.)

If nothing else, this little back and forth has taught me that Jiren is not immune to attack debuffs! I just kind of assumed the final boss of clash was immune to all the debuffs (because practically everything in high-end difficulty seems to be these days) and was gonna argue against you depending on Buuhan for that until I went and checked the wiki. Now I feel better about putting Buuhan on my main ex.INT team, I was just hoping he'd be a decent link partner for Kid Buu.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Even with a ton of characters I find battlefield annoying to do sometimes. I usually just try to clear the first couple levels for all the rewards and not worry about fully completing it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Same. I haven't touched it since Metal Cooler army came out. It's not even hard, just tedious.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I just want the precious currency for LR cards.

I'm missing the key LR second heroes for both Super INT and Extreme INT to make it easy. No LR Cell, for example, so perhaps I just need to rewrap my leads, as the rest of my teams look similar to all y'alls team compositions.

But I did get this new INT SS2 transforming Goku, so yay?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Wuxi posted:

How are these two even comparable? They do completely different things. Vegeta doesn't heal and Vegeta doesn't greatly reduce ATK. His ATK buff is great, but its completely unneeded for Jiren, since its not a race. He'll die in 10 turns either way.
His DEF buff is strictly worse than debuffing ATK, the KI isn't really needed since the rotations are pretty self-sufficient. The orb changing is great, again, but it mostly benefits Buuhan to begin with.
There's an argument to be made to replace Goku Black with Vegeta, but Buuhan? Not a chance. Did you all miss Buuhans EZA somehow, or why are you so down on him?

Buuhan is fine, he just isn't better than the 50% support Vegeta in any way. His defensive buff and attack debuff means nothing against Jiren (or anything in the LGE or SBR) and will still get murdered. His healing does not make up for it.

Vegeta has a better leader skill for battlefield and with any substantial amount of orbs, which is not difficult to get since he's an orb changer, will be an offensive and defensive juggernaut because of his passive. Not to mention giving 50% attack and defense to everyone else.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ok, I'm sorry, but this is getting stupid:
Buuhan reduces ATK and DEF of his target by 30% for 3 turns. That means during the 2nd rotation and the first attack of the 1st rotation Jiren deals 30% less damage and during the first rotation he does 51% less damage. Jirens basic attacks deal double digits, even after his DEF-reducing super attack. Jirens SA deals damage that is easily healed up by Metamorphosis, Buuhans passive, random Int orbs and Zamasu.
While he doesn't have any defensive passive of his own to speak of, he provides the entire team, both rotations, all floaters, with a 30-51% damage reduction.
Is Vegeta the better card during extreme INT SBR? Undoubtedly.
Is he better against any enemy that can't have their ATK reduced? By a mile
Is he better against enemies where damage is important? Sure.
Is he better against Jiren, or Kid Buu before that? lol no.
And that goes for all fights against Jiren - Bring strong leader skills, good defensive units and units with attack-reducing SAs. Pure Supports are a liability, since in a bad rotation they can get you beaten down to a point where you can't recover anymore and Jiren's SA counters DEF buffs pretty well.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Why are you ignoring that Vegeta has the best extreme INT leader skill while also saying "bring strong leader skills"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Guess I need to look at these support EZA's, as I didn't realize Support Vegeta is a much better Turles. Although I think I lose out on that 15% attack link with LR Boujack (Who with Buuhan has been holding back my leader skills for EXT Int in Battlefield!). Although the real key to battlefield Jiren is just LR Cell. So thanks for this argument!

I do wish that the battlefield currency wasn't so limited, or the cost wasn't so hard for the SSR's and their awakenings. To get Krillan and/18 and awaken them, it takes 150,000 Battlefield Memory, and that's without even accounting for dupes.