Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Dude, I don't even know how to farm the investigation tokens. During a sortie defense, Nora mentioned resonance something or another but nothing seemed to happen so :shrug:
Not gonna grind my face and get exasperated over it. There's plenty of time to explore it and be chill

just gonna sip my coffee and let this rooollllllll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-RbOVJNtBs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

smallmouth posted:

Also there's no way to tell how many random thingamajigs you gathered without loading loading loading the clue scene (maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find it). How many times have they failed to put the amount of currency you hold in a screen that needs it?
Searching for "resonance" in the general inventory works for me, if you mean what i think you mean.

The glassmaker standing you get just goes into your nightwave xp bar tho, no inventory items there.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Searching for "resonance" in the general inventory works for me, if you mean what i think you mean.

The glassmaker standing you get just goes into your nightwave xp bar tho, no inventory items there.

That does work, thanks. Still, it should be on the drat nightwave screen how many times have they made this mistake.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
The investigation scene tells you "clue #/5" at the top right of the description for each item. Spoiler for people wanting to be a private eye The important facts are usually written in bold and white. They change based on your game.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i didnt even see any questions. i saw a timer, saw a platform with a symbol, jumped on the platform, the platform fell, and i failed

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Looks like it's time to start slapping forma on titania prime. I put umbra vitality and intensify for her initial build up and am considering jamming an umbral forma in there to keep the drain under control. Am I too high? What are your builds? Just loving around and I'm enjoying her way more than the first time around.

wtf, why have I slotted prime pistol gambit into her pixia?

edit: ah. because I hope it synergizes well with arcane avenger

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 13, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Raptor1033 posted:

Looks like it's time to start slapping forma on titania prime. I put umbra vitality and intensify for her initial build up and am considering jamming an umbral forma in there to keep the drain under control. Am I too high? What are your builds? Just loving around and I'm enjoying her way more than the first time around.

I ran Aerodynamic and Aviator mods so I didn't need vitality. Spend most of my time in her 4 anyways, so the damage reduction is massive. The other two tips I'd suggest is running Razorwing Blitz and Energy conversion for added damage.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Raptor1033 posted:

Yeah, it seems to be a wash DPS-wise if you run the primed crit mods vs no crit mods. But headcrits do extra damage so there is that

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Guilty posted:

I ran Aerodynamic and Aviator mods so I didn't need vitality. Spend most of my time in her 4 anyways, so the damage reduction is massive. The other two tips I'd suggest is running Razorwing Blitz and Energy conversion for added damage.

oh neat! Your post made me realize I don't have a whole bunch of arbitration auras! Looks like I have a reason to do those again. Wonder when those got added.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
This is my 1x umbral forma Titania

Aura forma to swap between corpro and aerodynamic.

The two top left spots are flexible. Rush, Natural Talent, Razorwing Blitz, Streamline, and any Augur mod can be useful swaps. The rest of the build is really standard for her, though you could cut Primed Flow and be fine.

Razorwing Blitz is nice for Lephantis and plains Lephantis, but I find having to toggle sprint on/off as you gain and lose stacks annoying and it's hard not to waste bullets shooting normal enemies with the full attack boost.

Titania has great built in survivability with her natural evasion, razorflies, buffs and shield gating. Airborne DR mods are nice because they fit in slots that are otherwise low value. She gets moderate value from shields, less from health.

She works with 34% range, but it forces you to sit on top of enemies to cast Tribute. I default to Stretch a lot of the time just to be able to cast buffs more easily. It also makes her lantern usable for the few occasions you'd want to cast it.

Sahasa Kubrow is great to dig up orbs at the start of missions, but swapping between pets is still supremely annoying.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

oh neat! Your post made me realize I don't have a whole bunch of arbitration auras! Looks like I have a reason to do those again. Wonder when those got added.

I have a mess I can give you if you’re on switch.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Avynte posted:

I think the idea is you're going into a ~digital forensics simulation~ or something and then the killer is testing you.

There must be a lot of bugs or something though because of the amount of rage out there about the platforming. I guess I got lucky because i just walked up to the edge, double jumped, and double jumped to the next platform with no issues :shrug:

I barely paid attention to a video that shows off this section and now I also don't understand how anyone had trouble with the platforming aspect. Not receiving audio or whatever other prompts, platforms not showing up, oh sure I believe that. But those are the easiest jumps in the entire game so i think the real probably is bugs and not platforming out of no where.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Not having aimglide can mean your usual movement reflexes fail you (I know I sometimes double-tap space for no useful reason).

That said once I understood what it wanted, not a big issue, but gently caress. Would it be so hard to have the three platforms visible together from the starting position? Also falling off wasting seconds, fine. Don't be a dumbass, getting a question wrong eats time. Pretty standard game stuff. Fall = haha go get more juice is just being lovely. And Warframe is usually not lovely in that way.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

It's like mat, with different 'conclusions' written on it that you could jump to!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Jumping to conclusions is funny and should have been a Nora line

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Pipski posted:

It's like mat, with different 'conclusions' written on it that you could jump to!

S-tier ref

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FunkyFjord posted:

I barely paid attention to a video that shows off this section and now I also don't understand how anyone had trouble with the platforming aspect. Not receiving audio or whatever other prompts, platforms not showing up, oh sure I believe that. But those are the easiest jumps in the entire game so i think the real probably is bugs and not platforming out of no where.

It doesn't matter if it's easy, on top of all the other problems it's floaty and slow and it feels like poo poo to move around.

This would be bad enough on its own but in a game that otherwise has some of the best movement mechanics of any video game I've ever played, it's bizarre that they keep deliberately finding ways to replace it with steaming garbage instead.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
That platforming section takes 2 seconds and hundred percent guarantee you that you're just getting the questions wrong which is why you "fall through" the platforms. The game is not "getting replaced" I have no clue where you're getting that idea

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Guilty posted:

That platforming section takes 2 seconds and hundred percent guarantee you that you're just getting the questions wrong which is why you "fall through" the platforms. The game is not "getting replaced" I have no clue where you're getting that idea

your reading comprehension isn't great

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

your reading comprehension isn't great

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

This would be bad enough on its own but in a game that otherwise has some of the best movement mechanics of any video game I've ever played, it's bizarre that they keep deliberately finding ways to replace it with steaming garbage instead.

Explain what I missed, I'd LOVE to see you try to weasel and backtrack your way out of this one. Can we make it more fun and say you're not allowed to use the words "but" "uh" and "you see..."?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Guilty posted:

Explain what I missed, I'd LOVE to see you try to weasel and backtrack your way out of this one. Can we make it more fun and say you're not allowed to use the words "but" "uh" and "you see..."?

I literally said "it doesn't matter if it's easy" in the part you ignored, apparently for the second time.

Almost as if I wasn't complaining about whether I completed the section or not, or whether it's difficult, but rather, that they put bad movement that feels lovely in a game that normally has good movement.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I literally said "it doesn't matter if it's easy" in the part you ignored, apparently for the second time.

Almost as if I wasn't complaining about whether I completed the section or not, or whether it's difficult, but rather, that they put bad movement that feels lovely in a game that normally has good movement.

Ahhh here comes the brain breaker. So you completely misunderstood why your own argument was dumb as hell so you backtracked all the way to a sentence that doesn't even matter because ????? So I'm the one who needs reading comprehension?

Please explain how they are "replacing the good movement in the game with bad movement". Those are literally your own words.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Guilty posted:

Ahhh here comes the brain breaker. So you completely misunderstood why your own argument was dumb as hell so you backtracked all the way to a sentence that doesn't even matter because ????? So I'm the one who needs reading comprehension?

Please explain how they are "replacing the good movement in the game with bad movement". Those are literally your own words.

My argument isn't dumb as hell, you're just screaming at me because you misunderstood and don't like being called out on it.

Warframe normally has things like bullet jumping, aim glide, reasonably fast movement, and so on. The Glassmaker panorama doesn't. They replaced the one thing with the other.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
nah your argument still dumb as hell

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Slow Detective Mode is pretty bad though

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Don't forget about the larger context: the entire farm+quiz's (currently only) reward is 7000 nightwave standing. Yes, the same amount you get for a 60 second capture this week.

You probably get more out of the janky quiz stage if you intentionally run out of time to just listen to all the voice acting instead of hurrying to the end.

e: spoilered? but is it really tho

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 14, 2020

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

What I couldn't tell was if all 5 pieces were deployed to start or if a new one appeared when you found the previous in line. Cause I had several "I JUST looked here!" moments.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Don't forget about the larger context: the entire farm+quiz's (currently only) reward is 7000 nightwave standing. Yes, the same amount you get for a 60 second capture this week.

for real. I haven't even tried it yet and I'm sitting at 18 detectivebucks just by dinking around in normal play. Just chill out and play normal!

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 14, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Raptor1033 posted:

nah your argument still dumb as hell

No? It's just this:

Prop Wash posted:

Which is practically self-evident unless you reflexively go "but it's only a little bit bad!" every time DE makes another baffling decision.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 14, 2020

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
For me it was more confusion as to what was going on, which I think is the entire point. Particularly with that growing, disconcerting rumble as you find more.

Edit: with 5 hrs left of scarlet spear, I have yet to earn a T3 murex badge. How in the gently caress are you supposed to get this thing? Every round, it completes at 5 successful hacks and sends us back. Never had a chance to get up to 7 for T3.

Edit: I think I figured out what bothered me most about the crime scene bit. The red energy playpen barrier. To me it felt like a "no, you're not supposed to go there" constraint. This could have been alleviated by replacing it with a yellow barrier with "Crime scene - do not pass!" plastered all over it and it would've massively changed the tone.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 14, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Raptor1033 posted:

Edit: with 5 hrs left of scarlet spear, I have yet to earn a T3 murex badge. How in the gently caress are you supposed to get this thing? Every round, it completes at 5 successful hacks and sends us back. Never had a chance to get up to 7 for T3.

Assuming it works the same way it did on PC, you need to score 5000 points in Murex mode. Points are cumulative between rounds, but not across different modes, and not from one relay to another. So stay in one relay, complete two Murex missions without switching relays (and without the entire raid ending and a new one starting) and you should get it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
uhp. well there we go. With the way the bonus creds worked, I thought it was a waste of time to do two full murex runs per relay. Just did 1 and skipped town. ah well!

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hopping around to get max bonus across multiple instances is the most efficient farming, but yeah if you want the badge you gotta stay in one longer.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
motherfucker, even under amesha's warding grace these gyrix's are still too fast and jittery to take pictures of. also ran into a fresh bug in scarlet! The murex ship visually disappeared but it's ribs still physically blocked the ship and I had to nav around it blindly.

lol

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Slow Detective Mode also makes me grumpy because it wants me to click to interact. Not even click or press your interact button. For me at least, the changing of mental gears distracts me from the scene, rather than makes me pay attention.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Slow detective certainly could be faster but I dunno about the other complaints.

Certainly the questions bit isn't presented as smoothly as it could be and thats DE as all hell. But I loaded in, noticed I could walk around and run, noticed running would maybe overshoot some platforms, and so I walked and single or double jumped to everything and had no problems what so ever. There wasn't even really a point wherein I would've wanted to roll or bullet jump.

Is this section explained and conveyed to the player well? No. Are the controls for it grrrrr arrrrrgh fuckedbad? Also no. Does it really need that timer that probably does make some people feel like they need to rush in a game where they do have gofast muscle memory? Probably not honestly.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 14, 2020

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Could it have benefited from being able to aimglide? Yes.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The puzzle is easy, but the timer is dumb.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Raptor1033 posted:

this is my lich murder setup;

Personal pref but I don't put vitality on my Titania. Between shield gating, Thorns/Aviator, Dust and her inherent evasion I rarely die. I don't even run Aerodynamic any more, nothing hurts me. I'm not entirely sure why I'm running brief respite either tbqh

Note: without vitality you will die in 2 shots if you ever pop out of Razorwing (e.g. to mercy Liches or pick up objectives), but Lantern can solve that problem

Also I highly recommend Arcane Pistoleer as one of her arcanes, being able to wildly spray Dex Pixia bullets infinitely even with fully stacked Razorwing Blitz upping your fire rate to a million bullets per second is extremely funny and good. Without Pistoleer I mostly find Blitz annoying; there is such a thing as too much fire rate when you have a small magazine

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The big thing is it eating the key, really. If the result of sliding off a platform or not understanding what was going on was "Hop back in, wait and look around." then I'd just be laughing more and still kind of mocking slow detective and the ayatan star hidden by the stairs.

Especially as if it's using previous tourist mechanics, it was impossible for me to grind another key that day because of daily caps.

tl;dr : It made me feel bad (within the context of playing a video game) so I am calling it bad design.

EDIT:

Soothing Vapors posted:

Also I highly recommend Arcane Pistoleer as one of her arcanes, being able to wildly spray Dex Pixia bullets infinitely even with fully stacked Razorwing Blitz upping your fire rate to a million bullets per second is extremely funny and good. Without Pistoleer I mostly find Blitz annoying; there is such a thing as too much fire rate when you have a small magazine

Arcane Pistoleer looks great but Arbies grind. Ouch. Arcane Precision is +damage on headshots for pistols which is a decent fallback if Spear has crashed prices enough.

Also, Titania's 1 makes you immune to self-stagger, if you want to run around Brammaing your feet or whatever.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I almost missed one of the jumps (mistimed my launch) and I would have been really annoyed solely because of the low rate at which I get cephalite

Semi-related advice: take notes on your phone so you don't have to memorize any of the clues. The first round was really easy so it might not matter but future things might be harder