Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Alaois posted:

donal logue burned down black churches in the south, hosed up but true

I've been looking for some confirmation on this and haven't found anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

:geno:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Omg

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Beautiful.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The first look at Hush in Batwoman is hilariously bad.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They’re using Hush in Batwoman? Main complaint I heard about the show was the over reliance on Alice. That’s just like doubling down with less of a connection.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is the Krypton show work watching and does it end on a cliffhanger?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Is the Krypton show work watching and does it end on a cliffhanger?

It has some interesting ideas and s2 has live action Lobo but on the whole you can probably skip it. Just check out a supercut of Lobo scenes.

The weirdest part of the show is that it very very very clearly was supposed to have Booster Gold as a character but instead they kind of shoehorn Adam Strange into the role.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
For anyone that liked the series or is a fan of the character, Constantine the series is only $5.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

muscles like this! posted:

It has some interesting ideas and s2 has live action Lobo but on the whole you can probably skip it. Just check out a supercut of Lobo scenes.

The weirdest part of the show is that it very very very clearly was supposed to have Booster Gold as a character but instead they kind of shoehorn Adam Strange into the role.

I see. So it suffers from the Not Blue Beetle/Ray Palmer issue that Arrow had.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Medullah posted:

For anyone that liked the series or is a fan of the character, Constantine the series is only $5.

You can stream it free at cwseed.com don't need an account or anything and it's an official site not a dodgy pirate one.

There might be ads though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Medullah posted:

Be warned this removes all licensed music, which completely ruins an entire episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Madkal posted:

I see. So it suffers from the Not Blue Beetle/Ray Palmer issue that Arrow had.

It is really weird that the behind the scenes scuttlebutt says they have plans for Blue Beetle and Booster Gold but absolutely nothing has materialized. The Arrow thing happened in 2014 and in that entire time they haven't done anything live action with those characters or even announced a show that fell through.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Krypton never shook the YA Dystopian novel adaption for me. Though I did check out when they introduced Doomsday.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They eventually introduced a time traveling General Dru-Zod and it was funny how sometimes they would forget that they have multiple characters named Zod and would sometimes just call him that.

Also they introduced a weird retcon that Dru-Zod was secretly Jor-El's half brother.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Also they introduced a weird retcon that Dru-Zod was secretly Jor-El's half brother.

That's just stupid. I'm glad I dropped the show now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm catching up on Arrow. I'm on season six. This season is a loving mess. There's no central villain, the smaller villains they rotate through are all boring, and there is no direction here. It's just... There. Meanwhile the season of flash that ran with it was pretty fun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm catching up on Arrow. I'm on season six. This season is a loving mess. There's no central villain, the smaller villains they rotate through are all boring, and there is no direction here. It's just... There. Meanwhile the season of flash that ran with it was pretty fun.

Diaz has already won.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Diaz has already won.

Diaz is so loving boring. This show was at it's best when it was doing poo poo like Deathstroke and the suicide squad and dumb comic book stuff. It reverting back to it's early season one "crime guys and it's gritty!" but still having comic book poo poo on the periphery is just tonal whip lash.

E: oh my god there's another full season with this guy? Ugh. I need more weed for this.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 10, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Be warned this removes all licensed music, which completely ruins an entire episode.

Ugh. Well, at least they got my $5 of support.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Diaz was so loving weird because they already had a villian being the "two steps ahead guy" in Chase the season before and Diaz is just a poor imitation.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Madkal posted:

Diaz was so loving weird because they already had a villian being the "two steps ahead guy" in Chase the season before and Diaz is just a poor imitation.

I already hated Chase so imagine how I'm feeling about the dollar store knock off of him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Diaz is a weird villain because they do a really poor job of setting him up and justifying why he's able to beat everyone all the time.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Diaz is a weird villain because they do a really poor job of setting him up and justifying why he's able to beat everyone all the time.

Just like Diaz planned!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's like they saw Flash was doing the Thinker and decided they wanted to do that too, forgetting they just did it, and doing a really lovely subpar job at it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also for some reason that period of Arrow just had secret crime society after secret crime society and they never went anywhere.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Secret crime societies is just what arrow did. The Undertaking, League of Assassins, Hive, the ninth circle, that other one in season six, arguably brother blood's crew. Probably because they're an appropriate level of power for Team Arrow to take on.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Seeing as arrow was just batman and batman constantly fights secret crime societies.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

All my favorite DCTV ladies had a long, honest talk about Police Brutality, racism while working for DCTV and white allies. I can't find the full video on YouTube but there's some crying and it's pretty heart breaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WviDd-EHbtY

If you watch any of the CW shows, you owe it to them to watch. Even if you don't, it's worth it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Huh, CW is picking up Swamp Thing? Not ordering new episodes, mind you, just reairing the ten that DC Universe did last year, but the halt in production due to COVID-19 has a lot of linear networks looking for existing content to fill holes in their schedule.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/swamp-thing-canceled-at-dc-universe-coming-cw-1294230

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Seeing as arrow was just batman and batman constantly fights secret crime societies.

They really missed their chance to fight the Court of Owls Fowls.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Court of Owls was a Gotham thing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
haven't read the comic yet but it's good, right?

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1260299312606539777

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm watching Titans season 2 and its still hilarious to see them pretend Toronto is not Toronto when they take no effort to hide well known sights. How many streaming shows are going to use Roy Thompson Hall as a backgdrop? At least the Boys used CGI to make it look slightly different.

But Hawk and Dove still suck. They could have not found 2 more wooden and boringly attractive people.

Hah, this Superboy episode is by far the best thing in the series so far.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

In not entirely surprising news, Superman and Lois is going to premiere next year
https://twitter.com/cwsupermanlois/status/1260994443139670017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm way behind on Supergirl, has Lois shown up at all outside of the crossovers?

Also I almost accidentally spelled it Louis, which would be a very different show.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

howe_sam posted:

In not entirely surprising news, Superman and Lois is going to premiere next year

All the CW superhero shows are not coming back until Q1 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The cast of that looks great and there's been some hints on social media that Tiny Clark is getting a new suit for the new show.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

And it looks like they passed on Green Arrow & the Canaries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I know it's not a comic book show, but Jared Padelecki's getting a Walker Texas Ranger reboot? I would have figured of the two of them that would go to Ackles.