Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Thats weird to watch after having played Strangehold and not having seen Hard-Boiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Finally got damascus. I hate myself and the Jokr launcher.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Whoever said to drive the IAV onto the ridge on quarry: :rms:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Fuckin lol when you stack the Uzi w/ short barrrel/no-stock/merc/5mw/.41 AE

https://i.imgur.com/pGIf728.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/feuJdqy.mp4

For this one I was just seeing how far I could push the gun's hipfire range but seriously lol

https://i.imgur.com/or9cUJu.mp4

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 14, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Fart Car '97 posted:

-Any barrel that says "-bullet velocity" also reduces range, between 15%-30% it seems.

p sure this can be extrapolated from in game stuff anyway

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Car '97 posted:

Fuckin lol when you stack the Uzi w/ short barrrel/no-stock/merc/5mw/.41 AE

Levelling the Uzi was when I found out that maybe hipfire is good and decided to try it elsewhere.

Try the p90 too, in WZ the green and the dry heat loving shred hipfiring.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ive stood by the p90 as a solid gun since the game came out tbh. baseline 50 rd clip is nice

also i just got gaseous and stunner in the same game RIP

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Statutory Ape posted:

p sure this can be extrapolated from in game stuff anyway

Since the video is Hidden Attachment Effects I'm gonna say naw

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Since the video is Hidden Attachment Effects I'm gonna say naw

take a look at all the M4 barrels. look at all the ones that increase bullet velocity. they also mention increased range.

"naw" i didnt extrapolate that the inverse was true from those statements? sure. whatever lmao

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

when you put on anything that says -bullet velocity you see the range bar in game go down

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

when you put on anything that says -bullet velocity you see the range bar in game go down

im gonna say

yah

e; tbh i didnt cite that because frankly i dont trust those bars as far as i could throw them

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

i mean it's not giving you exact % but it's pretty clear that anything that has that negative will lower your range.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Crazy that the P90 is the best gun in Call of Duty AND Counter-Strike.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like plunder mode being a freebie for us too, it’s fun and I don’t miss the drat gulag which I am always terrible at unless it gives me c4 :getin:

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

veni veni veni posted:

You need to use a reflex iirc. Check the crossbow in the load outs and the game will tell you.

Insert name here posted:

Make sure you're actually using a reflex sight too, not a holographic sight, just in case you were using one of those.

Same with the M14 imho; it'd be a pretty decent pick if it didn't use precious sniper ammo and limited greatly in the reserves department.

Krogort posted:

Don't leave games before they end.

Yeah. Using one with reflex in it. And I never leave games? I am used to them not tracking in real time, but they track later? Dumb game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The bars are meaningless garbage and there's no reason why "bullet travels slower" would also mean "damage dropoff kicks in sooner" in any sane video game.

That said, the bullet velocity impacting dropoff ranges stuff has been known for a while now.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Are blackout rounds a trap or are they worth using? I’ve caught the bug and want to plat the ARs.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

When you put FMJ on the damage bar goes up, but you don't actually do more damage to players :shrug:

The bars are unreliable gamified garbage

There are attachments that lower your range that say "- Damage Range" so yeah it's kinda weird there to just assume that -Velocity also means -Range when they clearly have 2 unique modifiers as far as conveying that information to players. Why wouldn't they just put that in the descriptors?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My only problem with blackout rounds is that the M13 seems to spit out bullets so fast that 30 rounds go in a blink.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Statutory Ape posted:

ive stood by the p90 as a solid gun since the game came out tbh. baseline 50 rd clip is nice

Same. It’s the first gun I maxed out and still use it as a load out drop in Warzone.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Snowmankilla posted:

Yeah. Using one with reflex in it. And I never leave games? I am used to them not tracking in real time, but they track later? Dumb game.

Do you own the game?

Crossbow is not f2p. I'm at 0 as well despite old dusty and an attempted loadout

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

pacerhimself posted:

Levelling the Uzi was when I found out that maybe hipfire is good and decided to try it elsewhere.

Try the p90 too, in WZ the green and the dry heat loving shred hipfiring.

I have this loadout that is pretty much all hipfire all the time:

Shotguns have pretty decent hipfire range.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Push El Burrito posted:

and SG1

e: sry ive literally posted that like 6 times now :shrug:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Snowmankilla posted:

I had the same issue and was stuck at 0/25 for a few days no matter the reflex sight or marksman rifle that I used.

I just checked and it's now at 14/25 so maybe it's just a delay in registering???

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Akion posted:

Shotguns have pretty decent hipfire range.

i know that this is Wrong and puts me at a disadvantage but it'll be a cold day in hell before I do anything other than put +hipfire +cone tightening +sprint to fire mods on a shotgun. run around the map like a madman and hipfire all shots, smdh at even the thought of touching the ADS button

at least in the earlier COD they had some sort of actual gun mechanic that explained the "ADS shots have tighter pellet spread cones" aspect. now they just justify it via ~*~GuN maGiC~*~

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i know that this is Wrong and puts me at a disadvantage but it'll be a cold day in hell before I do anything other than put +hipfire +cone tightening +sprint to fire mods on a shotgun. run around the map like a madman and hipfire all shots, smdh at even the thought of touching the ADS button

at least in the earlier COD they had some sort of actual gun mechanic that explained the "ADS shots have tighter pellet spread cones" aspect. now they just justify it via ~*~GuN maGiC~*~

Same. gently caress the sights on my shotgun. If I could remove them for a 5% buff to run speed I would.

With Dragons Breath, you can (usually) die happy, knowing that the guy you shot will burn to death in a second.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Push El Burrito posted:

And Goldeneye

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Hi guys. I’m not sure if this is the given thing, but if anyone fancies adding a UK-based newb who is mediocre at COD MW for a few parties and a chat and shooting some kids on headset, I’m looking for a few games. Cheers guys.

KenTwixYCFC

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Probably a really dumb question, but I recently bough the game and using quickplay it’s like a rotation of 4 or 5 maps.

I always see screenshots/videos of other maps, how to you get into mp games with those?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I had the same issue and was stuck at 0/25 for a few days no matter the reflex sight or marksman rifle that I used.

I just checked and it's now at 14/25 so maybe it's just a delay in registering???

Ha. Went and looked and I’m at 13. So you are right. Just lovely delays.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

jerman999 posted:

Are blackout rounds a trap or are they worth using? I’ve caught the bug and want to plat the ARs.

Honestly I had much more success with the extended mags and a suppressor. You chew through 30 rounds way too fast with the M13.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Rock My Socks! posted:

Probably a really dumb question, but I recently bough the game and using quickplay it’s like a rotation of 4 or 5 maps.

I always see screenshots/videos of other maps, how to you get into mp games with those?

Depends what modes you have selected for quick play. Including 10v10 will open up some of the larger maps to the rotation. They also seem to limit some maps to be less frequent, and others more frequent.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

P90 is solid but I feel like it's always been way outclassed by the MP5 and MP7 and now the Uzi as well since it's been buffed. P90 is still entirely competent in both multi and WZ, but I'd take any of those guns over it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I almost exclusively play TDM and Domination and haven’t played Euphrates Bridge since it feels like November.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I almost exclusively play TDM and Domination and haven’t played Euphrates Bridge since it feels like November.

Isn't 10 v 10, which has that map, an entirely separate mode from TDM & DOM?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Honestly the best part of this game is talking mad poo poo in the lobby right before the game ends and the lobby swaps as a deluge of people try to get the last word in lmao

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Glenn Quebec posted:

Honestly the best part of this game is talking mad poo poo in the lobby right before the game ends and the lobby swaps as a deluge of people try to get the last word in lmao

Like when the bottom player on the winning team yells "EEEEEEZZZZ" and its always some whiney kid. Easy their killer. You just went 6 and 24 with no caps.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

im never capping an objective again tbh. this game isn't about objectives it's about unlocking camos and also fragging out.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I’m on, same as my forums name if anyone is bored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

ZombieCrew posted:

Like when the bottom player on the winning team yells "EEEEEEZZZZ" and its always some whiney kid. Easy their killer. You just went 6 and 24 with no caps.

It's the easiest way to upset the team that lost and upsetting the other team is a core pillar of cod. Last place person on the winning team is practically required to throw shade and your reaction is why