Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

sharkytm posted:

So is that canvas new? I know you said the driver destroyed the original one.

: NM: got to the end of the auction. Did you ever get paid for the damage?

That was my Toyota fire truck I sold, that is all up to the old guy who bought it he is going after transport company. This canvas had a tear in it when I got it just took it off for pictures but needs stitched up and a window area replaced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

everdave posted:

That was my Toyota fire truck I sold, that is all up to the old guy who bought it he is going after transport company. This canvas had a tear in it when I got it just took it off for pictures but needs stitched up and a window area replaced

Too late for this one, but someone who does canvas work for sailboats should be able to sort that out if it happens in the future.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, core support/front side member/back panel slightly bent, front power windows only, rear bumper paint peeling, engine oil leak, wheel covers scratched, small chips in windshield, interior dirty, carpets dirty, seats sunk, ceiling liner dirty, trim scratched, other dents scratches

Inspection Report posted:

engine starts ok, revs fine, no smoke, no sludge, coolant ok, engine side slightly oily but not dripping to ground, rear tires 5mm ok, fronts worn, spare old but ok, cargo area dirty but ok, underside/suspension surface rust, fenders ok, boots ok, body as is in diagram, windshield chips small, drivers seat slightly sunk on door side, dashboard ok, ceiling liner slightly dirty, no burns, ac ok, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, lights ok, windows ok, wipers ok, power steering ok

1995 Suzuki Wagon R Turbo RT/S. FWD 5 speed manual turbo kei car with AC, ~76,000km. Because it's an early Wagon R it has 3 doors you can use to enter the vehicle. Two on the passenger side, and a single driver's door. Rear hatch opens too of course. And let's just take in that interior fabric. Itty dang bitty hood scoop.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Awesome! I had it on my list but went after some others last night that didn’t pan out, glad you got it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Have you guys seen any Suzuki Cultus GTi's? It was the Swift GT here, great cars for motorsports if you can find any snatch them up you'd probably be able to get them cheap.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Wagon Rs are one of those cars that's just astoundingly... useful. One of my friends daily drove one for years and loved it, she was quite upset when it had to be replaced (driveshaft rusted through and snapped, and a new one wasn't forthcoming from anywhere).

The Japanese seem to have a thing for weird door combinations, ever seen a Toyota Porte? Normal hinged front and rear doors on the right, single large sliding door on the left!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

My first hi ace I got last year finally got the old linoleum pulled up to reveal beauty! Slowly preparing this for a hopefully BIG sale

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

everdave posted:

My first hi ace I got last year finally got the old linoleum pulled up to reveal beauty! Slowly preparing this for a hopefully BIG sale

Wait....that's what was under the linoleum?

If so, I pulled that off on my last house. Ugly carpet, whatever. Decided to pull it up and install laminate or something.....started pulling it up and boom, gorgeous hardwood floors.

(people in their 70s+ seem to still have a large percentage who think that bare hardwood floors make you look like you're poor because back in their day it meant you couldn't afford a rug)

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

From what I heard to get a VA loan up until the 70s the house has to have “hardwood floors” so it meant for a whole generation hardwood meant “you’re poor”.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
That hi ace interior is great!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Motronic posted:

Wait....that's what was under the linoleum?

If so, I pulled that off on my last house. Ugly carpet, whatever. Decided to pull it up and install laminate or something.....started pulling it up and boom, gorgeous hardwood floors.

(people in their 70s+ seem to still have a large percentage who think that bare hardwood floors make you look like you're poor because back in their day it meant you couldn't afford a rug)

This pic doesn't do it justice it was dark and messy (not dirty) and dumpy. I haven’t done anything so far but remove things and clean. I threw SO MANY rca type cables away it had a tube tv and laserdisc and karaoke setup but it got taken at port.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

The Japanese seem to have a thing for weird door combinations, ever seen a Toyota Porte? Normal hinged front and rear doors on the right, single large sliding door on the left!

When I went to Odaiba/Megaweb last, I think it was the Toyota Fun Cargo they were selling that had a hatch that would open to accept a wheelchair. You'd drive your wheelchair into the back of it and then it would slide into and lock into the drivers' seat position, so you could treat the car like a giant wheelchair around your wheelchair.

Bonkers poo poo. It wasn't just an options package, it was a whole sub-model of the car you could order. Otherwise it's a five-door hatch.

The French also seem to love weird door combinations. The Peugeot 1007 has only sliding van-style doors and a hatch.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

When I went to Odaiba/Megaweb last, I think it was the Toyota Fun Cargo they were selling that had a hatch that would open to accept a wheelchair. You'd drive your wheelchair into the back of it and then it would slide into and lock into the drivers' seat position, so you could treat the car like a giant wheelchair around your wheelchair.

Bonkers poo poo. It wasn't just an options package, it was a whole sub-model of the car you could order. Otherwise it's a five-door hatch.

yep, Toyota has a whole section at Megaweb of their more custom/specialized accessibility vehicles, and Honda Japan hast listings for their accessibility vehicles as well on their website. I rented a Toyota Sienta that is barely bigger than a Fit but has seating for seven and two sliding doors, which still seems like a real unique thing to me as well.

nice looking Bongo as well, it's the last generation of those before they just became rebadged Mitsubishis. Wonder what the load max is for that, looks similar to the other LDTs (Isuzu/Hino/Fuso stuff) from the same time. Probably similarly built like a brick shithouse.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah, when I was last in Japan the operator of our Airbnb in Gifu picked us up in a Stepwgn, which is literally built on the Fit platform. It had a hybrid engine (it's just a box you check on the form, like ordering American RPO cars back in the 70s,) two sliding doors, and seven seats. And it was pretty drat comfortable! Hard to imagine you'd ever want anything bigger.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Have someone coming by to look at the Rasheen and someone coming by to look at our Beat. Sold our big white Land Cruiser plus sent our little Suzuki Carry truck to Puerto Rico. Not celebrating just yet on the Rasheen and Beat, but we've been selling quite well. :toot:

Here is the parts Nanang in Indonesia has gathered for me and is in the process of packing and shipping. This is all the Rugger stuff, brand new OEM front right fender, interior liner, a couple of new coin trays (the Blizzard's is shot too), a used (but good condition) OEM steering wheel, a new OEM inclinometer, used radiator lower support, front grill, complete badge set, front bumper, rear bumper, and other assorted goodies. Oh, a new set of plastic bumper corners too.

and finally yesterday I figured out how to white-letter the painted black 'Land Cruiser' badges on the side of the 70:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

InitialDave posted:

Wagon Rs are one of those cars that's just astoundingly... useful. One of my friends daily drove one for years and loved it, she was quite upset when it had to be replaced (driveshaft rusted through and snapped, and a new one wasn't forthcoming from anywhere).

When I was still thinking about getting a cheap used car in Taiwan, I thought pretty hard about a Suzuki Wagon (called Solio here.) It would have been much cheaper, but I decided against getting a 15 year old car when I was getting it primarily to transport young kids.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Have someone coming by to look at the Rasheen and someone coming by to look at our Beat. Sold our big white Land Cruiser plus sent our little Suzuki Carry truck to Puerto Rico. Not celebrating just yet on the Rasheen and Beat, but we've been selling quite well. :toot:

How much are Beats going for?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Russian Bear posted:

How much are Beats going for?

We sold ours today for $8500. They can go much cheaper than that of course, but it did have 19,000 total miles on it and was flawless. Ones with more miles and not as clean can get down to $6000 for good running ones.

Besides the car sale, today I did the same technique for the front 'TOYOTA' as I did on the side badges: white plastidip first, black acrylic paint on top, isopropyl off the areas you want white. Because the areas I want white are the tallest this makes it easy. Gives clean lines that you are simply not able to get using a brush or attempting to tape the edges off.

and how it was before

EDIT

Dock pics of the Suzuki Wagon R

Goddamn is it dirty

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 20, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

Besides the car sale, today I did the same technique for the front 'TOYOTA' as I did on the side badges: white plastidip first, black acrylic paint on top, isopropyl off the areas you want white. Because the areas I want white are the tallest this makes it easy. Gives clean lines that you are simply not able to get using a brush or attempting to tape the edges off.

The reverse wash is a powerful technique for getting razor sharp borders on raised parts.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Toyota Blade, which is a Corolla hatch with the 3.5lt V6 is now legal to be imported into Australia.

FWD only, enjoy the torque steer.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Kaker cool cool on the logos, and man glad you got that Wagon R it is so cool.

My Bongo ends today I pray a bidding war breaks out at the end, I do t have much in this one but no clue why it is still so low, this is a great truck!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-mazda-bongo-brawny/

Also, the bucket truck has been at the tire shop a week (which I don’t mind) they are trying to fit in when they can stretching these 12” tires over these massive wide wheels. 2 down! Ordered new 12 inchers bc I never figured the truck had 10 inch rims, so was cheaper to just order 12 inch rims and I got way too wide but I am digging it!

everdave fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 20, 2020

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

How often do March Super Turbos pop up at auction?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Grakkus posted:

How often do March Super Turbos pop up at auction?

I’ve seen maybe 3 in 2 years, not that I see every car ever but I look 5+ days a week

Maybe a record? I didn’t make much on this one but sold on BAT, paid for and picked up by a driver to take 9+ hours away in about 18 hours.

everdave fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 21, 2020

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Auction Sheet posted:

5mt, ac, ac not working, interior dirty, right front inside panel dents, rear gate and door dampers not working, other dents scratches paint waves

Inspector Report posted:

engine starts idles and revs fine, no smoke or vibrations, slight sludge but ok, coolant dirty but ok, tires old and cracked, key not accessible to open truck, undercarriage/fender areas surface rust only, boots ok, body as is in diagram, windshield chips small, seats ok, dashboard ok, ceiling liner ok, leather type steering wheel cover installed underneath large steering wheel cover, can't tell condition of original steering wheel, no burns, ac not working, compressor not working, clutch ok, gears ok, check lamps ok, lights ok, mirrors ok, wipers ok, power steering ok, windows ok

Looks pretty good, inspector said he would rate higher than "3".

1991 Toyota Sera, the Tercel with neat doors. Uncommon white, though I would have preferred the neon-pea green. 5 speed manual though which IS uncommon. All original including 'Super Live Surround Sound' though the headunit has been replaced. Maybe the original is in the trunk (but I doubt it). No idea if we also got the fragrance system. Original wheel covers too! I've already secured where I can get replacement struts for the doors (only 1 for each) and both rear glass struts. If the belts are original, and they might be, I can just order a set for the Tercel/Paseo. :toot:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
You dirty dawg! I ordered an inspection on that and couldn't wait up to hear back bc my kids won't go to sleep unless I do too. Great buy, and actually my absolute dream color combo for a Sera. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

EDIT: full stop, can't be topped. A giant truck with urinals and generator in it. Game over

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-PgGZpX1Tly8pfE.htm

everdave fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 22, 2020

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

This car is amazing and I feel bad that you are going to roast to death in the Florida sun with those giant loving windows. :eng99:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KakerMix posted:

1991 Toyota Sera, the Tercel with neat doors. Uncommon white, though I would have preferred the neon-pea green. 5 speed manual though which IS uncommon. All original including 'Super Live Surround Sound' though the headunit has been replaced. Maybe the original is in the trunk (but I doubt it). No idea if we also got the fragrance system. Original wheel covers too! I've already secured where I can get replacement struts for the doors (only 1 for each) and both rear glass struts. If the belts are original, and they might be, I can just order a set for the Tercel/Paseo. :toot:

2 Alpine HUs? Or is one a CD add on?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

This car is amazing and I feel bad that you are going to roast to death in the Florida sun with those giant loving windows. :eng99:

A/C inop. Uh oh. Good thing it's a Tercel underneath!

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
There's a pretty sweet '92 Maserati biturbo 425 in "Other", lot num 5209.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Babby’s first angle grinder got rid of some unwanted rusty crap on the bucket and after making solid progress and busting out the translate app (there is a manual in Japanese as well but who needs that) the bucket kei is fully functional, no leaks or squeals I can’t believe it!

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Bucket Kei rules, but you need to put the loving outriggers down before you lift the bucket. I assume you used the angle grinder to take off that safety interlock.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Motronic posted:

Bucket Kei rules, but you need to put the loving outriggers down before you lift the bucket. I assume you used the angle grinder to take off that safety interlock.

Nope, just two buttons to turn red lights off where I confirm that outriggers are down and some other safety Mumbo jumbo. Push those buttons and I’m good to go!!!

Also you can start truck from control panel. I went max height and complete turning radius. Everything works no leaks.

And for those who want to tell your kei bucket truck you have followed all precautions it’s the far left button to conform outrigger placement. Ha

everdave fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 25, 2020

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:
You should keep that one!

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
I have a bunch of arbor vitae I need to top in my yard and that bucket kei would be a nice thing to have right now.

Fourstar
Oct 18, 2012

everdave posted:

Nope, just two buttons to turn red lights off where I confirm that outriggers are down and some other safety Mumbo jumbo. Push those buttons and I’m good to go!!!

Also you can start truck from control panel. I went max height and complete turning radius. Everything works no leaks.

And for those who want to tell your kei bucket truck you have followed all precautions it’s the far left button to conform outrigger placement. Ha

Did you intentionally ignore the warning in Motronic's post? Bucket kei is rad, but its size doesn't mean you should bypass the lockouts to make bucket go brrrrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26fTGBEi9E

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Fourstar posted:

Did you intentionally ignore the warning in Motronic's post? Bucket kei is rad, but its size doesn't mean you should bypass the lockouts to make bucket go brrrrrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26fTGBEi9E

You're bringing a lot of sanity to an automotive insanity forum

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah gently caress safety this is automotive insanity

:rolleyes:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

....and look what happened 4 hours ago down the street from me:

Notice what's missing? Yeah, the outriggers. Or maybe they're just very shorted. Either way, a series of bad decisions, it landed on a car, multiple injuries and a $1.5M truck that is surely scrap now.

All to hang a loving flag over an open public highway for a few hours.

(NO, this is not my fire department, but it is the one the services my new house)

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Please put the ouriggers down, jeez. Even if you intend to just uncradle it, the hydraulic controls can stick causing unintended motion, I've had it happen to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

everdave posted:

Babby’s first angle grinder got rid of some unwanted rusty crap on the bucket and after making solid progress and busting out the translate app (there is a manual in Japanese as well but who needs that) the bucket kei is fully functional, no leaks or squeals I can’t believe it!

Please be safe and put out those outriggers.

So you can build the world's first Kei trebuchet.