Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

The cast of that looks great and there's been some hints on social media that Tiny Clark is getting a new suit for the new show.

It better have the loving briefs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

And it looks like they passed on Green Arrow & the Canaries?

There's been no confirmation either way. All three of the main cast have said they're still waiting to hear and nobody is dismissing it yet.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Understandable yet disappointing.

Rhyno posted:

There's been no confirmation either way. All three of the main cast have said they're still waiting to hear and nobody is dismissing it yet.

I feel like that premise was a very "strike while the iron's hot" kind of thing hoping to ride the wave of Crisis and Arrow ending, and now that the corpse of Oliver Queen is getting increasingly cold, the idea is seeming more and more unlikely.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 14, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

From the description of Superman & Lois it looks like Dig won't be guest starring as the series has the Super-family moving back to Smallville.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

muscles like this! posted:

From the description of Superman & Lois it looks like Dig won't be guest starring as the series has the Super-family moving back to Smallville.

They still need a babysitter

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That drops my interest in the show a lot. I don't want Smallville the Next Generation.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
You mean Lois and Clark: the later years

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah my cousin Is on crew for all those shows in Vancouver and they don't even know when they're back on. The union has stepped up big for them though he says in regards to proposed safety measures.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah my cousin Is on crew for all those shows in Vancouver and they don't even know when they're back on. The union has stepped up big for them though he says in regards to proposed safety measures.

Yeah, the January 2021 date is apparently contingent on restarting production in September. I also saw something recently about direction from CW executives to not have close quarters combat and love scenes in the shows so actors didn’t have to get in close proximity to each other?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Season 2 of Doom Patrol will be on HBO Max, thus freeing everyone from having to pretend they like other superhero shows.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Klungar posted:

Yeah, the January 2021 date is apparently contingent on restarting production in September. I also saw something recently about direction from CW executives to not have close quarters combat and love scenes in the shows so actors didn’t have to get in close proximity to each other?

I understand the concern, but that's like 80 percent of why I watched Arrow.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dan Didio posted:

Season 2 of Doom Patrol will be on HBO Max, thus freeing everyone from having to pretend they like other superhero shows.

Titans is an entertaining kind of bad

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Roth posted:

You don’t have to do this to yourself, when you’re ready to take the next step, we’ll all be here, supporting you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
New Deadline article claiming the GABoP show isn't dead yet
https://deadline.com/2020/05/arrow-the-100-the-cw-1202934117/amp/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roth posted:

Did they gently caress Batman yet

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dan Didio posted:

You don’t have to do this to yourself, when you’re ready to take the next step, we’ll all be here, supporting you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Did they gently caress Batman yet

Everyone fucks Batman

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dan Didio posted:

My enjoyment of Cloak & Dagger is 100% sincere, dammit! :colbert:

Seriously, if people are looking for something to watch on lockdown, it's good!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I loved Arrow from the start, and most of my enjoyment was non ironic

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't think this was too bold a claim. It took a little while to find its footing but I think about three episodes in C&D gets really good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah, most of the comic shows to me fell into good and/or fun. A few are good and fun (Doom Patrol) and some are fun (Arrow). I enjoy many different aspects of them. The CW shows are largely formulaic but are basically comfort food, except Legends of Tomorrow of course which is amazing fun.

I couldn't get into Batwoman though. Supergirl was getting iffy until Lex came on. C&D is great.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Seriously, if people are looking for something to watch on lockdown, it's good!

Cloak and Dagger's pretty alright, rough start, though.

Certainly not as bad as Agents of Shield or Arrow or anything.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
If people are looking for a comic show to watch, I would highly suggest Legion. Pretty much every actor is fantastic through out the series, the soundtrack is incredibly deep/imaginative and it has some of the most beautifully constructed scenes. The story gets a lot more abstract in the second and third seasons.

At least give the first episode a chance if you haven't watched anything else. I can't think of a better introduction episode of a series.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

First episode of Stargirl is on DC Universe.

I thought it was ok. Whoever's playing Courtney seemed pretty bland.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The one and a half seasons of Legion I've seen were absolutely excellent and I really need to get on rewatching/finishing it, thanks for the reminder.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

The one and a half seasons of Legion I've seen were absolutely excellent and I really need to get on rewatching/finishing it, thanks for the reminder.

Yeah, I still have to watch the final season and I really need to.

Legion is such mind-bendingly good TV. It's just on the good side of becoming *almost* incomprehensible, but pulls back enough to really wow with it's visual story telling.

My favorite moments are Season 1ep7 Bolero sequence and opener for 2ep11 (Behind Blue Eyes battle)

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I sort of thought the second season of Legion climbed a little too far up its own rear end, but that they rebounded with a really strong final season.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like they didn't go far enough into "David's actually a pretty bad guy" but they at least give him SOME consequences

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I never returned to watch Season 3, but I guess I have time now.

Oh, Stargirl premieres on The CW tonight. Here's a New York Times interview with BSS favorite Geoff Johns, who is actually serving as the showrunner:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/...ukaJo8rLfaROmvo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Oh, Stargirl premieres on The CW tonight. Here's a New York Times interview with BSS favorite Geoff Johns, who is actually serving as the showrunner:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/...ukaJo8rLfaROmvo

Tomorrow, today is its DC universe debut.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The JSA episodes of Smallville were the only ones I really cared about, so it’s wild we’re getting a Stargirl show that is going to fully embrace the JSA, and even include the original Seven Soldiers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Head's up for anyone who ditched out of Batwoman, the season finale completed their origin for Hush which means that yes, they've officially cast their Bruce Wayne with Warren Christie. He's the right age for someone who has been Batman for a while (mid 40s) and producers have confirmed that he is officially the Arrowverse Bruce going forward. Although for right now he's just going to be appearing as Hush.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't watch Batwoman but Warren Christie was good on Alphas and would make a good TV Batman if they ever went there.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I really wanted to like Bataan but I grew tired of Alice. Do they dump Alice eventually and if so are the episodes after Alice any good?

I should expand by saying I didn't hate Alice as a character but more hated her as a plot device that kept making Batwoman make stupid decisions over and over again.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

muscles like this! posted:

Head's up for anyone who ditched out of Batwoman, the season finale completed their origin for Hush which means that yes, they've officially cast their Bruce Wayne with Warren Christie. He's the right age for someone who has been Batman for a while (mid 40s) and producers have confirmed that he is officially the Arrowverse Bruce going forward. Although for right now he's just going to be appearing as Hush.

This is funny to me because in Crisis, She recognized Kevin Conroy as Bruce and he looks nothing like this guy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

This is funny to me because in Crisis, She recognized Kevin Conroy as Bruce and he looks nothing like this guy

New Universe, new cousin.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Madkal posted:

I really wanted to like Bataan but I grew tired of Alice. Do they dump Alice eventually and if so are the episodes after Alice any good?

No, but they do eventually burn all the bridges between Alice and her family so now she just wants to kill the bat like all good Gotham villains. It's also possible they intended to get rid of her in the original plan for the season, but that went out the window.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

If people are looking for a comic show to watch, I would highly suggest Legion. Pretty much every actor is fantastic through out the series, the soundtrack is incredibly deep/imaginative and it has some of the most beautifully constructed scenes. The story gets a lot more abstract in the second and third seasons.

At least give the first episode a chance if you haven't watched anything else. I can't think of a better introduction episode of a series.

legion is great but the last episode has an extremely tasteless recontextualization of pink floyds “mother” that almost ruined the whole show for me lol

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

No, but they do eventually burn all the bridges between Alice and her family so now she just wants to kill the bat like all good Gotham villains. It's also possible they intended to get rid of her in the original plan for the season, but that went out the window.

There's still too much focus on Kane family drama though. It was Kate vs Alice, and now it's Kate vs Alice and Kate vs her dad. At least Mary is still amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Mary and Luke are the best parts of the show. The actress playing Alice is having a ball and is fun to watch.

I don't like Ruby at all.