Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

It’s great that you’re Really Good at Video Games, but I’d rather not be sold a remaster if it not only doesn’t play like the original but was intentionally made harder in a lazy way.

I’m also not sure how getting “hit” by enemies that don’t actually touch you is defensible.

I’m not saying don’t buy the game if you loved the originals, just to be prepared for something that is not as advertised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tony hawks hit box will be wrong he will stalefish now instead of nose grabbing and the guy from blink 182 will steal your mom and your dad will cry

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

didnt seem any harder to me but i dont have two cooked hams in place of my fingers so i guess i cant relate on a fundamental level

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should have kept everything the same imo i.e. left the trash banditurd series in the garbage

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

another mad cos bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The first Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX is the third best Tony Hawk game and maybe the second best soundtrack.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The Matt Hoffman game was the actual THPS engine BMX game, but Dave Mirra's game was way better and is more akin to Skate or the Thrasher PS1 skateboarding game. The tricks and ramp interactions were way more procedural and creative than THPS. Loved that game.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 14, 2020

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

That movie hosed up my son. Should have remembered the book better. Oh well.
My daughter was a wreck. I didn't even know there was a book.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The first Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX is the third best Tony Hawk game and maybe the second best soundtrack.

loving lol if you didn't have your own Xbox loaded up with Jebadiah and spiderbait albums but you only ever heard 'leaving home' most of the time BC the playlist restarted whenever you hosed up and started a run again

But yes

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Stux posted:

another mad cos bad

I guess the isolation effects everyone differently look as stux has become a massive tool

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
yeah I've definitely never seen stux be an obstinate jerk before corona lmfao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

I guess the isolation effects everyone differently look as stux has become a massive tool

yeah and in your case its impacted your ability to type sentences that are readable unless english isnt your first language in which case i retract my comment and compliment you on being multilingual

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Glenn Quebec posted:

Become?

stux was right (tm)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Stux was right to defend the developer who made the game with bugs in it because they were too lazy to properly implement the systems from the game they were supposed to be remastering, yes.

Look. My OG Joycons work flawlessly but if someone complains about stick drift I don't immediately start defending Nintendo and saying that mine work perfectly fine and maybe if their fingers weren't filled with Cheeto dust they wouldn't have any problems either, because I'm not an rear end in a top hat and am capable of understanding the problems of others even if I don't personally experience those problems.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stux was right is a old forums in joke like taint reaped again for taintreaper.
stux would eat a 6er and someone would post stux was right and start the whole argument over

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

American McGay posted:

Stux was right to defend the developer who made the game with bugs in it because they were too lazy to properly implement the systems from the game they were supposed to be remastering, yes.

Look. My OG Joycons work flawlessly but if someone complains about stick drift I don't immediately start defending Nintendo and saying that mine work perfectly fine and maybe if their fingers weren't filled with Cheeto dust they wouldn't have any problems either, because I'm not an rear end in a top hat and am capable of understanding the problems of others even if I don't personally experience those problems.

its not a bug youre just supposed to be better at games t han you were when you played the game at age 10

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its not a bug cause they changed the hitbox on purpose so it would be the same in all 3 games. Bluepoint did the same thing with uncharted collections aim model by giving the first game the much better feel of the later ones. No buddy complained then because it made the game easier tho and anything that makes uc1 be over faster is a good thing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Stux posted:

its not a bug youre just supposed to be better at games t han you were when you played the game at age 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZAuatrrRo
drat guess I just suck at gaming.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Stux posted:

I bet u wear fingerless gloves before get in a hard session of gaming

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

stux listens to the official nintendo mix tape "white knuckle scorin" on cassette before unleashing his godlike action game skills

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i sincerely believed stux was right but i will not defend crash bandicoot proficiency of any level

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah you clearly got hit by the splash of the potion try avoiding it next time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

i sincerely believed stux was right but i will not defend crash bandicoot proficiency of any level

crash 1-3 are the true hiers of the donkey kong family tree of platformers

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
You're all just jealous because Stux still plays with the Powerglove.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

I bet u wear fingerless gloves before get in a hard session of gaming

what does this even mean

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im good at video games, dont tell me other wise or ill sock you one in the mouth

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's all about gaming footwear now.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

TheAnomaly posted:

You're all just jealous because Stux still plays with the Powerglove.

Stux?

https://youtu.be/AacoxHFYvZw

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Real hurthling! posted:

Its not a bug cause they changed the hitbox on purpose so it would be the same in all 3 games. Bluepoint did the same thing with uncharted collections aim model by giving the first game the much better feel of the later ones. No buddy complained then because it made the game easier tho and anything that makes uc1 be over faster is a good thing

Yeah I don’t see this as some major sin to be honest. I’m not a dev, but it’s probably drat-near impossible to remaster these PS1 games and make them play EXACTLY like they used to. Something, somewhere, is going to be off if you want upgraded assets and 4K/60FPS/yadda yadda.

They did a much better job than most remasters.

“Git gud” arguments are dumb though and Stux obviously has the corona. My condolences to your loved ones. :rip:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The person walked up an inch to get hit. Yes it's bad but not game breaking.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

I'd consider a hitbox that bad to be gamebreaking. I have not played the remasters but seeing that I'd never want to.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive played through all of it and crashs hitbox is not disjointed and you dont get hit by things far away throughout the entire thing. thats about where you die in the original from that enemy's attack but the animation on the ps1 is larger so again, seems like a faithful recreation and people just arent good at games.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If you die to it once then you know after that how to avoid getting hit, I don't understand.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

crash 1-3 are the true hiers of the donkey kong family tree of platformers

The bad tree. Platfailures. Mario is laughing.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

that's exactly who I imagine everytime he posts.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Arguing about the difficulty of Crash Bandicoot on a web forum it is 1996 right now

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Crash Bandicoot had one job - be a 3D game on the PlayStation that wasn't Tekken that didn't look like total poo poo.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

A number of societal stereotypes surrounding “gamers” and “autists” (I don’t support this term) can be directly tied to that movie. There’s been several white papers exploring how influential the film was on an entire generation of young men (now adults). Not to mention, how disparaging it was toward women. Fred Savage said in an interview in 2017 that whenever he looks back on that film he can’t help but blame the the way they treated his girlfriend for rise and prevalence of current day toxic masculinity and Incel gamer culture. Not even going to go need the fact that Nintendo still hasn’t formally apologized. Maybe supporting Switch isn’t such a hot idea?!

Great movie, sad. It did wonders for the Powerglove market at the time though.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once again the Xbox thread is threatened by discussion of Sony exclusives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Never played Crash Bandicoot originally but it looks like tedious dogshit tbh

Felt the same way about NES DuckTales back in The 90s.