Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

It is important to understanding the character of Ray to note that Ray is unhurt, unlike everybody else in the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Oh neat, fifty bucks!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I get a lot of mileage, I mean a lot, more than I should, out of "...folded with an intensity and focus normally seen only in successes."

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Party Boat posted:

Oh neat, fifty bucks!
:hmmyes:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Zereth posted:

It is important to understanding the character of Ray to note that Ray is unhurt, unlike everybody else in the car.

as opposed to the time he got a Cartilage Head invite through the frontal lobe and was subjected to Sirius XM Raw Dog Comedy on Demand

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wanderer posted:

I get a lot of mileage, I mean a lot, more than I should, out of "...folded with an intensity and focus normally seen only in successes."

Same. Also “if [bad thing] was a piano [person] would be considered a bold and unpredictable new talent”

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
E;f,b

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I've successfully used " Well, then that is pickles on parade, for both of us, mind you."

Also, the Jamie the science friend was an excellent arc.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I was not aware of the word "jewess" up until that point in time.

Those bygone days.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!
I get a lot of mileage out of "If you think about it even medium-hard". There are plenty of other Achewood-isms that I wish I could naturally incorporate into my speech, but I never remember them in the appropriate moment.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I don't know you, yet I have hired a variety of men to create a certain sort of relationship with you.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Just to hail one of the classics, “Our every move is the new tradition”

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Just to hail one of the classics, “Our every move is the new tradition”

Why should the Fight get to say how the Fight is won or lost?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Nobody said it could be done.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Never used it but I've always been partial to "Ain't no amount of apple spray gonna give us back the Eden we once knew."

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

I don't know you, yet I have hired a variety of men to create a certain sort of relationship with you.

"one of the main perverts of the Internet"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stringent posted:

Never used it but I've always been partial to "Ain't no amount of apple spray gonna give us back the Eden we once knew."

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a spider bite so large I'm considering getting it tennis lessons.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Pastry of the Year posted:

"one of the main perverts of the Internet"

I PAY ATTENTION. You didn’t know I was paying attention because you weren’t PAYING ATTENTION. When I was a kid, a teacher told me to pay attention. I guess I took it to heart. Beats me, man. Beats me why most dudes suck. Sure as hell ain’t my scene.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ray literally had a pedophile murdered and it was never mentioned again because that rules

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

also I got my surplus Achewood apron today :)

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't think achewood lines are really usable in conversation without sounding contrived usually but i've explained to my friend once how something he proposed would be "way too baring of the emotions" for me

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I doubt Ray had a main pervert done.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

doesn't Nolan show up later? I always figured that was a threat

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Ray doesn't typically go pro ice in a raw situation.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Just Offscreen posted:

Ray doesn't typically go pro ice in a raw situation.

they didn't murder Nice Pete because you know how mad Pat can get

I don't think Ray wanted to move to Portland

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

"This tastes just like dog penis medicine!" in tandem or separate from "What you all about, sucka?" are in my regular rotation. Largely because I eat a lot of dog penis medicine.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
This came to me in a dream.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04112005

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

please excuse my cat made to be royalty

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

note to artists: I used the "Paint" program ("app" for people born after the apocalypse) to make this photo-realistic rendering of Ray Smuckles

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pastry of the Year posted:

note to artists: I used the "Paint" program ("app" for people born after the apocalypse) to make this photo-realistic rendering of Ray Smuckles

I still say "application", even though I realize that marks me as a living fossil. :corsair:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

prefect posted:

I still say "application", even though I realize that marks me as a living fossil. :corsair:

who cares, you're cool, I like you. got any tokens? we can try and beat Altered Beast

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

LordSaturn posted:

doesn't Nolan show up later? I always figured that was a threat

“Welcome to Hell, Nolan From The Internet. Here is your 1982 Subaru Brat.”

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

"I go to a taco truck. I order three tacos. They cost three dollars. My Fiesta Name is Pendejo. I still have enough money left over for a large Dr. Pepper and Lesotho."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Dear lord spare me from that awful group sex." is another top 10 Achewood sentence.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

I've never said it out loud and I never will, but I can't count the number of times that "[Name]... have my retarded baby..." has scrolled through my head

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Also I don't know how it has never registered until a few days ago but, the first Achewood, "Phillipe is standing on it", was published 20 days after 9/11, which is pretty insane. Like there can't be any piece of media created in that exact moment that is this good and also less fixated on the particular time when it happened.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Zereth posted:

Yeah. It’s a toss up between this and ray finding a fifty for the funniest part of the strip but it’s an all timer lol

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Also I don't know how it has never registered until a few days ago but, the first Achewood, "Phillipe is standing on it", was published 20 days after 9/11, which is pretty insane. Like there can't be any piece of media created in that exact moment that is this good and also less fixated on the particular time when it happened.

I always say that Zoolander is the movie that made America laugh again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GigaPeon posted:

I always say that Zoolander is the movie that made America laugh again.

I support this opinion.

Also I know I've read in an interview or some Achewood retrospective somewhere that the comic actually "soft-launched" when he sent links to a bunch of friends a few weeks earlier - maybe even on September 10th - and then he decided to hold off on attempting to further publicize it given the Circumstances. (Looking to source this on Onstad's blog, I found this post about the second season of The Apprentice from September 2004 - "Sometimes I feel like [Trump]'s just sitting on a big rotating leather La-Z-Boy at the exact center of America, jacking off. ")