Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Schedule for the week starting 2020.04.27

Colbert
Monday - John Mulaney, John Fogerty
Tuesday - Jake Gyllenhaal, Stephen King, M. Ward
Wednesday - Amy Klobuchar, Pete Buttigieg, HAIM
Thursday - Paul Giamatti

Corden
Monday - Joe Jonas, Yungblud
Tuesday - Thomas Middleditch, Ben Schwartz, Billie Joe Armstrong
Wednesday - Allison Janney, 5 Seconds of Summer
Thursday - TBA, Machine Gun Kelly feat. Travis Barker

Kimmel
Monday - Elizabeth Banks, Dave Grohl
Tuesday - Jim Parsons
Wednesday - Anthony Anderson
Thursday - Mandy Moore

Fallon
Monday - Kate Hudson, Alessia Cara
Tuesday - Ricky Gervais, Billy Porter, The Lumineers
Wednesday - Shailene Woodley, Maluma
Thursday - Seth MacFarlane, Gigi Hadid, Thom Yorke
Friday - Jom Hamm, Brené Brown, Hailee Steinfeld

Seth
Monday - Maya Rudolph
Tuesday - Will Forte, Katie Porter
Wednesday - Rosie O'Donnell
Thursday - TBA

Conan
Monday - Martin Short
Tuesday - Joel McHale
Wednesday - D'Arcy Carden
Thursday - Chris O'Dowd

Also, an historical note: Jimmy Kimmel began doing 30-minute shows on April 13.

pwn fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

If you were wondering where James Corden's been the last couple nights, he had eye surgery and is taking a few days off from taping.

Some historical notes, mostly relating to music and production. This week (April 27th,) Fallon's show finally got a proper At Home graphics package, some six weeks into the quarantine. An opening montage with new theme song, custom pre-break bumpers to match, custom homemade post-break bumpers, and proper box graphics for interviews. And as of this week, his band, Colbert's band, and Corden's bands, are all finally making at least some sort of appearance on their respective shows (pretty sure Stay Human recorded the opening one time and, like, one song, which the show reuses every night.) Jon Baptiste has been present in one form or another until now. The Roots have only been visible a couple times this week, but at least they seem to have recorded new bits for the show; until now, the show has just been using samples from prior studio episodes, with (mostly) stripped-out audience noise. Corden's Reggie Watts has been present since he came back mid-April, but now his full band is actually present throughout the show, making Corden and Seth the only shows to have their band doing new material all night. The 8G Band has been there since before the big return on March 30, remotely collaborating throughout the show and appearing before and after every commercial break. And Kimmel's Cleto and the Cletones were mostly MIA for his first few weeks, with only a couple little clips of Cleto and Jeff Babko (keys) jamming together in a house (they apparently live together? I love how Kimmels wanton nepotism is paying off in this pandemic, half his damned staff lives together already.) The full band* began appearing the week of April 13, the same week that Kimmel went to the half-hour format.

*Almost full. Cleto’s dad hasn’t appeared yet, and sometimes Toshi isn’t there.

Edited for clarity.

pwn fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 1, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8nLcLp4Jw

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

is there anything that captures the energy of ol Craigy Ferg? I miss it so much

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

careful icarus

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cerepol posted:

I don’t bother watching late night because of this :( he’d be so good at this covid era thing.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Yeah I forgot to do this, drat do I feel silly! :shobon:

Schedule for the week starting 2020.05.04

Colbert
Monday - Anderson Cooper, Mark Foster
Tuesday - Stephen King, Sheryl Crow
Wednesday - Robert De Niro, Alison Roman
Thursday - Christine Baranski, Tame Impala

Corden
Monday - Allison Janney, 5 Seconds of Summer
Tuesday - Alain de Botton, Barry Manilow
Wednesday - Beanie Feldstein, Machine Gun Kelly feat. Travis Barker
Thursday - Laura Linney, Ellie Goulding

Kimmel
Monday - Sandra Oh, Ellie Goulding
Tuesday - Jerry Seinfeld
Wednesday - Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick
Thursday - Courteney Cox

Fallon
Monday - Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, Evan Rachel Wood, Annie Lennox
Tuesday - Ryan Reynolds, Karlie Kloss, Ezra Koenig
Wednesday - Gabrielle Union, Henry Winkler, Brad Paisley
Thursday - Queen Latifah, Pete Davidson and Judd Apatow, James Taylor
Friday - Mark Ruffalo, Guy Raz, Miranda Lambert

Seth
Monday - Rickey Gervais
Tuesday - Nathan Lane, Lauren Lapkus
Wednesday - Ice Cube
Thursday - Kelly Clarkson

Conan
Monday - Shailene Woodley
Tuesday - Hank Azaria
Wednesday - Kristin Chenoweth
Thursday - Lizzy Caplan

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Cerepol posted:

Every day I pray he starts a podcast ala Conan.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

He had his radio show but I think he got bored of doing it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

He had his radio show but I think he got bored of doing it.

I was properly gutted when I found out he'd had a show on XFM after the fact. I didn't even know "digital radio" was still extant in the ages of podcast. It's like he didn't want to be found.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Que aprendimos en el programma Senor Craig?

*mew*

https://youtu.be/loxHqf95mek

ufarn
May 30, 2009
RIP to the real Florian:

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1258059029735186434

Post your fave Kraftwerk sketches from Craig's show.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Cerepol posted:

I think at this point pretty much every episode is on YouTube. I haven't found anything that can emulate Craig's style.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGHJebhkKrk

more youtube gold found today

pwn
May 27, 2004

When I post these listings at the start of the week, they are tentative. Not a single week has yet to pass where a guest didn’t drop out, a guest was added, or even an episode canceled. I don’t make a habit of updating when new guests are announced. However, I’ll make an exception tonight.

Bill Murray is on Fallon tonight.

Along with Guy Fieri, because why not.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Schedule for the week starting 2020.05.11
Subject and likely to change

Colbert
Monday - Jake Tapper, Tame Impala
Tuesday - Christine Baranski, Ellie Kemper
Wednesday - Hugh Laurie, Benjamin Gibbard
Thursday - TBA

Corden
Monday - Nicholas Hoult, Lior Suchard, Sam Fischer
Tuesday - Jeff Goldblum, James Blake
Wednesday - Daisy Edgar-Jones, Paul Mescal, Leslie Odom Jr.
Thursday - Tracy Morgan, Bazzi

Kimmel
Monday - Adam Sandler
Tuesday - Lionel Richie
Wednesday - Bill Murray
Thursday - Stephen Curry

Fallon
Monday - Seth MacFarlane, David Chang, Lady Antebellum
Tuesday - Ethan Hawke, Elle Fanning, Maroon 5
Wednesday - David Spade, Kathryn Hahn, The Killers
Thursday - Chris Evans, Mo Willems, Kane Brown
Friday - Dwayne Johnson, Daveed Diggs, The Head and the Heart

Seth
Monday - Tiny Fey, C. Pam Zhang
Tuesday - Paul Giamatti, Nicole Richie
Wednesday - Nick Kroll, Glenn Close
Thursday - Amy Schumer and Chris Fischer, Graham Norton

Conan
Monday - Ed Helms
Tuesday - Chris Gethard
Wednesday - Luke Wilson
Thursday - Nikki Glaser

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Seth’s ever-morphing copies of “The Thorn Birds” keep amusing me when he doesn’t point them out because I can imagine I’m shifting between universes and maybe the one with “The Shorn Brads” is the healthy one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Good god was that conan's garage? It's immaculate. Also, that Tee shirt is so good

pwn
May 27, 2004

Mister Mind posted:

Seth’s ever-morphing copies of “The Thorn Birds” keep amusing me when he doesn’t point them out because I can imagine I’m shifting between universes and maybe the one with “The Shorn Brads” is the healthy one.

Oh good I’m not the only one who saw that, I thought maybe I was having a stroke

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Colbert is struggling with this audienceless format.

I mean, everyone has had an adjustment period. I don't watch a lot of these talk shows, but the bits I've seen from Seth have been OK. John Oliver is upping his game every episode; he's already becoming adept at adapting his format to cope with the lack of audience laughter pauses. He improves every week. But Colbert... he's still pausing for laughter, and it's not becoming more noticeable so much as it's becoming harder to ignore.

The interviews he's doing are pretty good, I guess. But his monologues, Meanwhile segments, and other bits just aren't working for me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the worst hit by all this has been bill maher

jfc its more painful

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

pwn posted:

Seth
Monday - Tiny Fey, C. Pam Zhang

What is going on with this? Is there some joke I'm not getting?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They put the best of Johnny Carson on Tubi, second “season” is the best of George Carlin’s performances, it’s a trip seeing him age on tv.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

the worst hit by all this has been bill maher

jfc its more painful

It was painful before. I can only imagine. I used to watch him, but the pro-miracle-food, anti-vaccine hints made me feel a little wierd, like when you bring your girlfriend home to meet your parents and your dad acts like the most charming man ever until he suddenly starts talking about how people are a little bit too hard on what he insists on calling "WWII-era Germany," because they actually did some genuinely good things. Oh, they definitely did bad stuff, he'll say, but he really wants more people to know that the Volkswagen and the Autobahn, and Fanta, are great ideas that they don't get credit for.

Maher and some of his guests also have a palpable antipathy for anyone not on the east or west coast; I'm a Midwesterner myself and I have to say, it never comes off as jokey, not even the following week when he or his cohorts fake-apologize for their comments.

It's a pity, too. I used to really like Politically Incorrect back in the day. And I mean way back in the day, when it was on The Comedy Channel.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

rear end Mode.

pwn
May 27, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

What is going on with this? Is there some joke I'm not getting?

There used to be (still is?) a forums user with the username Tiny Fey, and I’ve occasionally called her that ever since. Just amusing myself

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

pwn posted:

Oh good I’m not the only one who saw that, I thought maybe I was having a stroke

https://youtu.be/W3EWcRNyYB8

Mister Mind fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 15, 2020

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

tarlibone posted:

It was painful before. I can only imagine. I used to watch him, but the pro-miracle-food, anti-vaccine hints made me feel a little wierd, like when you bring your girlfriend home to meet your parents and your dad acts like the most charming man ever until he suddenly starts talking about how people are a little bit too hard on what he insists on calling "WWII-era Germany," because they actually did some genuinely good things. Oh, they definitely did bad stuff, he'll say, but he really wants more people to know that the Volkswagen and the Autobahn, and Fanta, are great ideas that they don't get credit for.

Maher and some of his guests also have a palpable antipathy for anyone not on the east or west coast; I'm a Midwesterner myself and I have to say, it never comes off as jokey, not even the following week when he or his cohorts fake-apologize for their comments.

It's a pity, too. I used to really like Politically Incorrect back in the day. And I mean way back in the day, when it was on The Comedy Channel.

I went through a very brief period of watching/listening to Maher about a decade ago. I can't imagine how bad he's gotten now. Is there a best YouTube clip if I'm only gonna look him up once? Just morbidly curious how he's looking though the lockdown shows.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I used to like Maher because he gave a platform to different sides of a debate fairly well, but gave up on him when he truly became the peak Smug Internet Atheist and he certainly hasn't pumped the breaks there.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Good god was that conan's garage? It's immaculate.

Listen to Conan O'Brien needs a friend and does that surprise you?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've only listened to snippets here and there so I don't quite understand. I gather he's like that then

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

I used to like Maher because he gave a platform to different sides of a debate fairly well, but gave up on him when he truly became the peak Smug Internet Atheist and he certainly hasn't pumped the breaks there.

he's the boomer to end all boomers

my mom likes him, I watch when he has good guests on sometimes but jfc he's painful

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Maher's movie "Religilous" really sums him up for me; he has a lot of good ideas and he's not half bad as a comedian but he's so firmy up his own rear end and goes the extra mile to be all "lol religious people" :smug: to be just loving insufferable.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Can't help but read this in my head as Don Pardo.

"Myoooosical guest...."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Random Craig interview with someone he had a connection with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-SBzNokhhw

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

Random Craig interview with someone he had a connection with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-SBzNokhhw

I am two minutes into this and this owns.

gently caress Craig was so good when he clicked with the guest.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 17, 2020

pwn
May 27, 2004

Schedule for the week starting 2020.05.18
Subject and likely to change

Colbert
Monday - Kumail Nanjiani, Andra Day
Tuesday - Gayle King, Amy Sedaris
Wednesday - Keegan-Michael Key, Wilco
Thursday - Steve Carell, Milky Chance and Jack Johnson

Corden
Monday - Terry Crews, Old Dominion
Tuesday - Ken Jeong, Ava Max
Wednesday - Simon Pegg, Ben Platt feat. FINNEAS
Thursday - Rob Gronkowski, Venus Williams, HAIM

Kimmel
Monday - Special tribute to the late Fred Willard :smith:
Tuesday - Janelle Monáe, Gorillaz
Wednesday - Patton Oswalt,
Thursday - Kevin Hart

Fallon
Monday - Arnold Schwarzenegger, Cole Sprouse, Billy Corgan
Tuesday - Ben Stiller, Hannah Gadsby, Tim McGraw
Wednesday - Anthony Anderson, Michelle Dockery, Gary Clark Jr.
Thursday - Sofia Vergara, Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon, Courtney Barnett
Friday - Jennifer Lopez, Henry Winkler, Twenty One Pilots

Seth
Monday - Nick Kroll, Governor Gretchen Whitmer
Tuesday - Issa Rae, Tom Papa
Wednesday - Kumail Nanjiani
Thursday - Janelle Monáe, Patton Oswalt

Conan
Reruns

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

we got a new late show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PI3AN96MPc

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I know this is late night talk show-adjacent, in the same category as Last Week Tonight and Full Frontal, but Hasan Minhaj's Patriot Act has just started up again with him in front of a green screen for the graphics rather than his awesome LED display stage thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

So Fallon and Meyers are off next week, but, starting tonight (Friday,) Seth will be running his Day Drinking episodes. He re-aired the inaugural bit he did back in 2015 with his mum on Wednesday night, which can be seen below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwuY5wBw70s

Here's the schedule for these reruns.

Seth Meyers Day Drinking Week+ starting 2020.05.22
Friday - Day Drinking with Seth and Josh Meyers, Colin Farrell, Matt Bomer, Maria Bartiromo (#0225, OAD 2015.06.23*)
Monday - Day Drinking with Seth and Retta, Andy Cohen, Retta, Ta-Nehisi Coates (#0477, OAD 2017.01.24)
Tuesday - Day Drinking with Seth and Kelly Clarkson, Rachel Maddow, Dylan McDermott, Rita Ora (#0645, OAD 2018.02.01)
Wednesday - Day Drinking with Seth and Ina Garten, Ice-T, Paul Schrader (#0795, OAD 2019.02.06)
Thursday - Day Drinking with Seth and Rihanna, Aubrey Plaza, Louie Anderson (#0851, OAD 2019.06.20)
Friday - Day Drinking with Seth, Josh, Jack McBrayer and the Jonas Brothers, Aidy Bryant, Congressman Eric Swalwell (#0939, OAD 2020.01.21)

Also next week will be Jimmy Fallon's Staff Favorites week, new compilations of old material! I'll provide full listings on Monday, but owing to the unique nature of Seth's run of shows- namely that the run starts tonight- it was prudent to make a separate post for it.

EDIT: Upon further research, Colbert is off next week, and he did not sound definite on when he would return. As all evidence points to Corden and Conan being off next week as well, I may as well get the listings for next week done right now. Kimmel sounded like he would have shows next week but I do not have access to official listings just yet, so they'll have to wait.

Fallon - Tonight Show Staff Favorites week starting 2020.05.25
Monday - Ariana Grande, Paul McCartney, Blake Shelton, and more
Tuesday - Jennifer Lopez, Michelle Obama, Brad Pitt, and more
Wednesday - Bruce Springsteen, Jamie Foxx, Will Ferrell, and more
Thursday - Kevin Hart, Justin Timberlake, Amy Poehler, and more
Friday - Miley Cyrus, Barack Obama, Steve Carell, and more.

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend.

*I wish the Day Drinking had been the previous episode, #0224 - Belle and Sebastian were the musical guests!

EDIT FROM THE FUTURE: Kimmel was, in fact, new this week.

Kimmel
Monday - Off for Memorial Day
Tuesday - Lisa Kudrow, Jacob Collier feat. Mahalia and Ty Dollar $ign
Wednesday - Howie Mandel
Thursday - Dakota Johnson
Friday - Sean Penn

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 5, 2020