Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Some require full sets and more pieces increases the progression rate of some that dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The secret of enjoying destiny is knowing when to stop playing it for a while until they make it better again (right now it is bad)

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
left to their own devices bungie's broke brained design philosophy inevitably makes the game worse and worse until community backlash gets so loud that they have to change course until things are good again and the backlash dies down, at which point their terrible instincts begin to take over and the cycle begins again

it's the circle of life and it rules us all

it's frustrating to see them making the same mistakes over and over again but it's been happening for so long now i've just accepted it

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
It's frustrating and quite spectacular.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

A new quest for Felwinter's Lie is up. Hope you like Seraph towers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's community progress so put it in your inventory and wait for the Reddit diehard crew to grind it out

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Marshal Plugnut posted:

I've come back to d2 after a long, long, hiatus. I wanna get my hands on a bad juju, but need to do these calus tributes first. I see you have to do/redo triumphs while using certain weapons/armour. What's the easiest way to obtain these, for a solo player who never raids?
Matchmake a round or two of the menagerie to get a weapon/armour piece? Or does it require a full armour set, so keep grinding the menagerie until I get a full set?

I've got Bad Juju and the Catalyst (at 39%). It's a depressingly mediocre gun for the unholy amount of work.

Get a set of opulent bullshit armor from the menagerie and wear it until enough triumphs get finished. I still question going through the motions for Bad Juju.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Exactly what this game needs is another shotgun. 6 years of fuckers mindlessly running at you with their instagib i win button.

I'll be doing as many towers as i have previously, which is zero.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Marshal Plugnut posted:

I've come back to d2 after a long, long, hiatus. I wanna get my hands on a bad juju, but need to do these calus tributes first. I see you have to do/redo triumphs while using certain weapons/armour. What's the easiest way to obtain these, for a solo player who never raids?
Matchmake a round or two of the menagerie to get a weapon/armour piece? Or does it require a full armour set, so keep grinding the menagerie until I get a full set?

I just got the Bad Juju, this is the approach I took.

1. Do the Calus bounties that are either easy or safe. Easy ones are like killing 20 enemies in the Menagerie or Forge, and safe ones are ones you can complete on patrol, like 25 precise kills or 50 scorn kills.

2. Get Power and Efficiency 1+2 for your chalice first, so you occasionally get imperials from playlists and you can unlock the chests in Nessus for runes and imperials

3. Work your way to rune compatibility 3, so you can get the blue runes for the Calus armor.

Then wear the Calus weapons and armor to get the triumph trophies, and turn in enough boons of opulence to make the trophies affordable. It’s not hard, just a grind.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

OK, cheers for the advice guys. If it's a mediocre gun anyway maybe I'll just hold off and enjoy the pve content I've missed so far instead, and come back to it later.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is it safe to abandon to GG quests? I want to throw that nasty cloak in a river.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

Is it safe to abandon to GG quests? I want to throw that nasty cloak in a river.

It’s probably safe. Burn it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fly Molo posted:

It’s probably safe. Burn it.

What the gently caress? The podium came back with Eva holding nothing but my abandoned quests.

If I have to finish these to keep the game from glitching I will be so fussy.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

What the gently caress? The podium came back with Eva holding nothing but my abandoned quests.

If I have to finish these to keep the game from glitching I will be so fussy.

lol how the gently caress?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Same thing happened to me. On the plus side, I finally got to see what it looked like when Titans weren’t dominating!

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Been a long time since I played an Iron Banner. Is this rear end in a top hat seriously not going to let me turn in tokens until I finish this garbage busy work quest?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sunday at work posted:

Been a long time since I played an Iron Banner. Is this rear end in a top hat seriously not going to let me turn in tokens until I finish this garbage busy work quest?

Yes. And this is the improved version of the quest after complaints when they first introduced it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

sunday at work posted:

Oh he will let you turn in 20 tokens, no problem! But if you want that reward that just popped up... Yes, time to do your chores

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

At least the last step isn't "Get 10 Rocket Launcher Kills!" When the ammo drops a few times a match. With twelve people clamoring for it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Wow, that new quest is unbelievable. I did two public events and got 4% completion. :stare:

Am I missing something?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

Wow, that new quest is unbelievable. I did two public events and got 4% completion. :stare:

Am I missing something?

It's community completion, not individual completion.

After realizing they completely screwed up the math again, they're going to start adjusting the rate at which progress is gained by 5x, with 10x on weekends.

Also dropping the light level of the champions, which is pointless because the champions aren't even remotely the challenging part of the event; it's the boss enemies that just casually force their way into the tower zones right when the tower is about to blow that are the issue, tethers and explosive weapons be damned. If you get to the champions everyone just whips out their swords and they die in seconds.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

In typical Bungie fashion, when they said "champions", they meant all yellow bars. It's a lot easier now.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Rubellavator posted:

In typical Bungie fashion, when they said "champions", they meant all yellow bars. It's a lot easier now.

it's not like words have meaning anyway

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Rubellavator posted:

How are Bungie consistently so bad at using words, and also numbers?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Greatly increases magazine size" (+4 magazine)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I've given up on getting the other two Black Armory Forge shaders, my only one being Satou Tribe. Sucks because House of Meyrin looks so good.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
^^Just keep grinding for a god-roll galliard, and you'll get the shader long before you get the gun.

sunday at work posted:

"Greatly increases magazine size" (+4 magazine)

Editor's Note: +4 magazine size actually means +1 bullet for this specific gun, also it decreases your reserves without telling you

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
So I’m a new player to destiny 2 - I downloaded the free version, I’ve played some strikes and done some of the crucible. I like it a lot - Is it worth buying the Upgrade Edition?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA05042_00-D2SHDFRSBDL00001

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

At this point, with how obviously negative and damning the last few pages of both the console and PC destiny threads have been.. I seriously can’t tell anymore if these “I’m new is it worth it?” posts are just pure troll jokes or not.

I mean.. honest question. Have you read the last few pages of this thread or the Pc thread?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bungie’s been doing some very dumb things lately, but the core gameplay is still pretty fun. I’d say proceed with caution, and don’t spend anything right now. Try it out for a few more weeks, then make a decision.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
while this years seasons have been very lack lustre, especially the current one, this is mostly for veteran players who need more content/have burnt out/etc

the core gameplay is good, and new players would be looking at all the accumulated content from year 1 and 2, which is a LOT and most of it is pretty good + shadowkeep and whatever seasonal stuff they might get

so yeah a new player would probably get a better time out of it than a veteran right now. still though, new players should stick to the f2p stuff until you have played enough to be sure you like it and want to commit + have hit the point where you really want to access stuff behind the pay wall

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

while this years seasons have been very lack lustre, especially the current one, this is mostly for veteran players who need more content/have burnt out/etc

the core gameplay is good, and new players would be looking at all the accumulated content from year 1 and 2, which is a LOT and most of it is pretty good + shadowkeep and whatever seasonal stuff they might get

so yeah a new player would probably get a better time out of it than a veteran right now. still though, new players should stick to the f2p stuff until you have played enough to be sure you like it and want to commit + have hit the point where you really want to access stuff behind the pay wall

This is thorough thanks man.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Destiny has seriously fun core gameplay with a loving boatload of fun weapons to accumulate.

Once you get to the end game leveling, it becomes a slog. It's still fun enough for me to mindlessly play for an hour or so during my nightly game time. But this season has been incredibly poo poo.

Who the gently caress thought, "The seasonal armor should make your character look like a fat 1980's Russian soldier" but stupider?

Also, tying the season triumphs to a grandmaster nightfalls/trial achievements...I just don't get it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Game bad, save yourself and never spend money on it.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

The worst part of Destiny is that that core game play really is so good that if you like it at all you're going to want to keep playing no matter how bad the rest of the game currently is. So just be ready for that.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Captain Log posted:

Who the gently caress thought, "The seasonal armor should make your character look like a fat 1980's Russian soldier" but stupider?

this was easily the best part of the season though?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

sunday at work posted:

The worst part of Destiny is that that core game play really is so good that if you like it at all you're going to want to keep playing no matter how bad the rest of the game currently is. So just be ready for that.

hello this is me

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

sunday at work posted:

Yep!!!

I just found out Warmind bits cap out at 9999. For reasons.

What the gently caress can I waste them on?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
As a new player since the quarantine the game is real fun and, having been more or less poopsocking because my industry no longer exists and I'm trying to fight off The Terror, I'm now two months in and starting to bump up against "oh jesus, what. why? why would you do this?" on a regular basis. This has mostly recently come through iron banner, where the team that wins is the one that has fewer people on it trying to grind out bow kills.

Bushiz fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, that’s the life cycle of a destiny player:

Month 1: holy poo poo this owns :catdrugs:
Month 3: wow, uh, lots of ball-throwing mechanics? And I have to grind for how many headshots?? :stonklol:
Month 6: goddamMIT BUNGIE I JUST EARNED THAT :supaburn:
Month 9: IM DONE WITH THIS poo poo, gently caress YOU BUNGO :bungie:
Month 12+: lmao no i will not log off you can’t make me :brainworms: