Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Who is that, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh poo poo.

!!

Wowie zowie. If that white paint doesn't look or feel cheap as hell (thinking of you Apeface), this is gonna be a nice set.

e: is there a defacto Piranacon upgrade kit, legs mostly?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Who is that, again?

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/God_Neptune, apparently

TheDK fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 15, 2020

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Who is that, again?

God Neptune, aka the Seacons with all the color and personality sucked out of them.

It's a good color scheme for something, but not for them. Neon pink and eye-bleeding blue forever, thank you.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Keldroc posted:

God Neptune, aka the Seacons with all the color and personality sucked out of them.

It's a good color scheme for something, but not for them. Neon pink and eye-bleeding blue forever, thank you.

:hmmyes:

The colours are what made me nearly splash out money for the pricey TFC Seacons. They’re very pretty.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Keldroc posted:

Eh? The sea pirate Seacons if anything had more personality than the originals, are you thinking of the drones from Masterforce?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Keldroc posted:

Don't forget that they're missing a member as well

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Eh? The sea pirate Seacons if anything had more personality than the originals, are you thinking of the drones from Masterforce?

I have never watched any of the Japan-produced garbage beyond two or three episodes before tapping out. I'm purely talking about visual/toy personality.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Rhyno posted:

Man I love how they look. And you're right, even FT isn't going to get to these guys any time soon. I was also thinking about their Wreck-Gar but with how many movie bots FT has already done I expect him to be announced as soon as I purchase KFC's.

I have about $200 left from my bonus and the wife is encouraging me to get something for myself, I just can't decide what I want.

i've got the KFC junkyard junkion and I like him a lot, so if you want to try out their junkion mold without being worried about FT releasing the same character soon I'd recommend checking him out

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Keldroc posted:

I have never watched any of the Japan-produced garbage beyond two or three episodes before tapping out. I'm purely talking about visual/toy personality.

Oh that’s right it’s you.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Tentakil and Overbite are back up on Pulse!

https://hasbropulse.com/products/takara-tomy-transformers-generations-piranacon-6
https://hasbropulse.com/products/takara-tomy-transformers-generations-piranacon-5

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seafood for everyone!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Apparently Spinout (the TT-official Red Sunstreaker, not the lesser 3p toy) is going to explicitly be a Diaclone robot from another universe that was granted sentience by some goddamn supercomputer or another

As in he fought Waruders, feels weird without a pilot, etc.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Phy posted:

Apparently Spinout (the TT-official Red Sunstreaker, not the lesser 3p toy) is going to explicitly be a Diaclone robot from another universe that was granted sentience by some goddamn supercomputer or another

Keep him away from the Kiss Players

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Phy posted:

lol that rules. They should make a police deco of him too.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Iceman is here! and I disinfected the gently caress out of his box

Feels awfully weird to have a pretty big league release before any of the major reviewers have anything up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Captain Magic posted:

Iceman is here! and I disinfected the gently caress out of his box

Feels awfully weird to have a pretty big league release before any of the major reviewers have anything up.

Iceman? MPM Megs?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
FT Iceman. Masterpiece Air Raid.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I managed to snag Overbite but missed Tentakil. I guess I atleast will have a full Piranhacon but I am like..drat. I missed the stupidest looking one.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Droyer posted:

lol that rules. They should make a police deco of him too.

They made him first!

https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-42-cordon/

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Edit: DT, tell them to change the logo to say Mare Than Meets The Eye.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal posted:

Edit: DT, tell them to change the logo to say Mare Than Meets The Eye.

They're also doing some for MMPR-

Somehow, despite sharing the same mold, Optimus Pony has far more fabulous hair

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Oh nice! Is he also from the Diaclone universe?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Droyer posted:

No, he's a soldier who is super skilled but routinely loses his memory, losing connections to his past.

I like characterizing him as a TF version of Adrien Pimento.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“Great, who are we killing? I won't do minicons. That's a rule. But that rule is negotiable if the minicon’s a dick.”

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

I like characterizing him as a TF version of Adrien Pimento.

Oh my god now I want one

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Oh that’s right it’s you.

Yes I am the only one who thinks the TF anime stuff is terrible. You caught me.

Speaking of which, no real interest in this for similar reasons but goddamn if that's not about as great as that design is ever gonna look.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have that on order. FH is doing such cool poo poo.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like Target has some of the letter bot transformers that combiners Called Letrabots. They're over in the card game section near the registers.

They have better plastic quality then the Eathrise weaponizers I got on the same day

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

Yes I am the only one who thinks the TF anime stuff is terrible. You caught me.

Speaking of which, no real interest in this for similar reasons but goddamn if that's not about as great as that design is ever gonna look.

the long torso on the robot mode looks awful

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Other posted:

the long torso on the robot mode looks awful

Agreed. Armada Optimus is a stocky chap. This makes him look like he has two abdomens.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodosaur posted:

Agreed. Armada Optimus is a stocky chap. This makes him look like he has two abdomens.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW CYBERTRONIAN ABNOLOGY WORKS

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I know it ugly, yo

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The takara one looked better, but who knows when or if that will ever come out.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Droyer posted:

The question's been answered already (no) but you know who else is (very likely) a Diaclone and from that universe?

MP Bluestreak.

I have him, he's extremely nice. He goes on the same shelf as Liger and Terraegis.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The question's been answered already (no) but you know who else is (very likely) a Diaclone and from that universe?

MP Bluestreak.

I have him, he's extremely nice. He goes on the same shelf as Liger and Terraegis.

Funny then the toy that would become bluestreak never had those colors

check out no.7

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Droyer posted:

Funny then the toy that would become bluestreak never had those colors

check out no.7

Yeah, no. 7 is Bluestreak, who is a Diaclone and a different character than Streak (the Japanese name for Bluestreak) who is a Transformer and not blue at all. That's exactly how MP Bluestreak is colored.

I don't read Japanese, but the bio information on MP Bluestreak's instructions apparently strongly suggests he's a Diaclone and fights Waruders and the Autobots (er, Cybertrons) have no idea who he actually is. Check the tfwiki article I linked!

Wouldn't be surprised if Spinout's bio reflected this.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, no. 7 is Bluestreak, who is a Diaclone and a different character than Streak (the Japanese name for Bluestreak) who is a Transformer and not blue at all. That's exactly how MP Bluestreak is colored.

I don't read Japanese, but the bio information on MP Bluestreak's instructions apparently strongly suggests he's a Diaclone and fights Waruders and the Autobots (er, Cybertrons) have no idea who he actually is. Check the tfwiki article I linked!

I did check the link and my point was that the Diaclone toy (which is named Fairlady Z not Bluestreak, all the Diaclone car robots were named after the model of car they were based on) does not have that color scheme. Fairlady has a mono-color baby blue color scheme whereas the MP is partially a deep blue and partially silver.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It does.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/05/12/takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp-39-spinout-official-art-bio-411227

quote:

“Delta Magnus’ personal log”

In our haste to secure the outer space facility “Diadem”, which stores vast amounts of ancient Cybertron data, events took a turn for the worst. The facility had been decimated in a fierce battle between the Destrons and Quintessons, and a lot of valuable data had been lost. Fortunately, I was able to recover Cordon’s original memory, but he refused to install it. What we also discovered…was not what we expected. Evidence which completely changes the view of Seibertron’s history. One robot, “Spinout”, was discovered in a chamber in the depths of the Diadem, and had been in stasis for nearly 10 million years. In other words, an ancient robot with an earthen vehicle mode existed on this planet! What is going on? According to the Diadem memory banks “Anterior Zeta”, Spin-Out was originally a battle machine from an Earth in another dimension and was castaway on this ancient planet due to a space-time anomaly. Spin-Out was affiliated with the “Diaclone” force. Zeta had analyzed their spacecraft and seemed fascinated with the events of the Diaclone war against their enemy, the Waruder. Was Zeta crazy or was he hacked…anyway, Zeta ensured the Diaclone mission would continue and put into motion a secret protocol. He created a genetic command program that was spread throughout his repair network on the planet. Upon detecting any Waruder presence the program would automatically take over and ensure their destruction was top priority. It’s hard to believe there had been such an intervention with our race, yet we have already seen examples of this programming. There had already been the “Bluestreak Case”, where the Streak who encountered the Waruder army’s Probe Insecter completely changed. We need to take action! If the Waruder are such an evil menace, I would fight them anyway. Nonetheless, the decision and determination should be our own!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Droyer posted:

I did check the link and my point was that the Diaclone toy (which is named Fairlady Z not Bluestreak, all the Diaclone car robots were named after the model of car they were based on) does not have that color scheme. Fairlady has a mono-color baby blue color scheme whereas the MP is partially a deep blue and partially silver.

Just wanted to update this to say I was incorrect. I did some more digging and found this: http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-birthday-post-2014-part-1-diaclone.html

So there was both a blue Fairlady z with a silver chest and an entirely silver one (presumably the baby blue one in the catalog i posted is the silver one reflecting something blue or a color scheme they ended up scrapping.) Sorry Rainbowbeard, you were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It sounds more like Spin-Out’s bio is saying Bluestreak IS Streak, and that he changed due to whatever anti-Diaclone business was coded in Transformers based on Spin-Out.