Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Frog is probably the best performer of the whole bunch but god he just picks hip-hop every single time to disguise the fact that he can't really sing.

Turtle is the best singer, hands down.

Night Angel is probably third place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Welp. I started thinking it was Zito during this last episode when I noticed something stupid:

The Zito pics he is in a generic/nothing uniform. Why would he have special pictures taken in a non-uniform for any other reason other than so they have a recent picture of him to display when people did their "guesses." Dunno if that makes sense. But most pics they show of people are just normal pics you'd find on GIS or whatever. But that Zito pic is just strange for someone who has 1000s of pics of him in Giants and A's unis.

So something new to look for.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

KilGrey posted:

You have this in the UK? Has John Borrowman been on yet? He seems like a good candidate for this show.

One of my early guesses for Unicorn in the UK version was Barrowman. It turned out to be Jake friggin' Shears.

We think there's going to be a second series as despite getting mauled by the critics, it got REALLY good ratings.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

FilthyImp posted:

Palin killed this show for me, but I'd watch some clips if you could get Hasselhoff, Sisqo, the lead singer from Creed, and Tay Zonday together.

Spoiler for next season: TWO people in one suit!

"Horse is doing well, but the Rump was flat in the duet last week..."

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Dell_Zincht posted:

We think there's going to be a second series as despite getting mauled by the critics, it got REALLY good ratings.

I hope so. I binged the performances on Youtube and it's nice that they give the performances a little more time and let them breathe, even if I don't know all the songs. Plus they managed to get some people that might be comparable with what the US version pulls out.

Hell, the Masked Singer going on all around the world makes it interesting to see how different versions stack up, from the party atmosphere of the Australian version to the gall of live performances and voting in the German version, to the wholesale copying of costumes in the Russian version. I can link some of the versions if people are interested.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

somekindofguy posted:

I can link some of the versions if people are interested.

Please do, i've seen clips of the German version, I don't understand why other countries can't do it with a live format. I was sure the UK version was going to be live as we have strict guidelines on voting for things on TV, but then it was just the studio audience that voted and it all seemed a bit pointless watching along at home, guessing who the audience will have voted out each time.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

FINALE

ARE YOU PUMPED for the season to be over? I am

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

based on these performances, night angel needs to win

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
I think they struggled with the A/B/C group format and stretching the contestants out this long honestly. Adding in the extra after-shows (and the 3 recap shows) just seemed like overload at times too.

Now to see who ends up the winner!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Were they able to film another season before COVID hit LA? Fall tv is going to be bleak as hell anyway, I'd actually look forward to watching this fun trash.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

FINALE

ARE YOU PUMPED for the season to be over? I am

I'm pumped for it to be over. Not sure if I want to watch any more after this.

Completely sick of Ken. Annoyed at the transparency of the show.

I think it should go to a live broadcast. 6pm PST, 9pm EST. As it is now, it's just a matter of time before people get sick of all the "tv show" aspects.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
:frogout:

Guess the alleged t shirt was wrong.

EDIT: drat SON.

Cue Reddit going on about :females: winning.

somekindofguy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 21, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

somekindofguy posted:

:frogout:

Guess the alleged t shirt was wrong.

what?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm pumped for it to be over. Not sure if I want to watch any more after this.

Completely sick of Ken. Annoyed at the transparency of the show.

I think it should go to a live broadcast. 6pm PST, 9pm EST. As it is now, it's just a matter of time before people get sick of all the "tv show" aspects.

can't argue with any of this. I also don't really care about any of the celebrities anymore. they're already scraping the bottom of the barrel overall and when you don't know anything about half of them beyond their name (and sometimes not event that), it's not fun watching.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

There was a rumor of a commercial showing a t shirt they were selling with Frog, Monster and Fox on it. People took this to mean Frog was gonna win it.

There weren't any pictures of proof, but it seemed logical.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

This season was probably the worst so far, mostly because of the format change, but I'm probably still going to keep watching because I'm a loving moron

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

somekindofguy posted:

There was a rumor of a commercial showing a t shirt they were selling with Frog, Monster and Fox on it. People took this to mean Frog was gonna win it.

There weren't any pictures of proof, but it seemed logical.

ah I see

Color Printer posted:

This season was probably the worst so far, mostly because of the format change, but I'm probably still going to keep watching because I'm a loving moron

same, though it'll also depend on what life is like in fall

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm getting older, but I try and pay attention to pop culture as much as humanly possible...but I have no idea who Candy Burruss is. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Worth it to see Redditors whining about how the show is rigged and had to have a female winner.

Anyway, here's a list of all the performances and reveals from the UK version someone compiled together, without all the chaff.

And here's all the Australian perfofmances.

The German ones are also available officially on Youtube, though someone might need to compile a list of those. Enjoy!

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

Thanks for the playlists! I haven't seen the last few episodes of the US show and don't really care to but I'm curious about how other countries run it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
NA was great tonight. Also, I changed my guess when I realized a woman hadn't won yet so I said: NA gonna win, and then Nicole says the same thing.

Did anyone notice her victory song looked to be pre-recorded? It didn't look like she was actually singing what we were hearing. That's not saying she wasn't singing, but it looked off just enough that my head went: this was recorded in the studio.

I'd like to see a season that is just big name singers. Janet, Madonna, Sting, Sheeran, and their ilk. Have them try to disguise their voices.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I want a season with no professional singers. Just a bunch of hockey players and game show hosts or whatever.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ghost emoji posted:

I want a season with no professional singers. Just a bunch of hockey players and game show hosts or whatever.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

ghost emoji posted:

Next season better have Colin Mochrie.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ghost emoji posted:

but but gronk.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

but but gronk.

The thing that bothered me about Gronk wasn't that he was Gronk, but that they kept giving him passes and putting him over much more qualified and talented singers. He forgot like half the words to a few of his songs, including We Will Rock You.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

MichiganCubbie posted:

The thing that bothered me about Gronk wasn't that he was Gronk, but that they kept giving him passes and putting him over much more qualified and talented singers. He forgot like half the words to a few of his songs, including We Will Rock You.

he clearly didn't give a poo poo about being on the show and it was a joke to him, which is what made him unwatchable and created all the other problems like forgetting words and getting passes because NFL on Fox or whatever.

I guess an entire contestant pool of athletes would mean most would want to be on the show, I suppose.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd like to see a season that is just big name singers. Janet, Madonna, Sting, Sheeran, and their ilk. Have them try to disguise their voices.

I feel like Seal is in this category. I knew in the first 5 seconds. That’s not me being smarts that’s just because Seal sounds exactly like Seal. I feel like he sang shittier to try to hide his Seal-ness. I kind of found him to be a bigger name than I’d expect this show to draw but that might be because I’m old.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Color Printer posted:

Same, actually. This season really burned me out and I really sucked at maintaining the OP because I just absolutely lost interest.

So, consequently, I’m officially retiring as curator for these threads. They deserve more upkeep than I’m willing to provide anymore. Sorry guys. Whoever wants to make the thread for the inevitable next season can feel free to copy any and all of my OP material.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

KilGrey posted:

I feel like Seal is in this category. I knew in the first 5 seconds. That’s not me being smarts that’s just because Seal sounds exactly like Seal. I feel like he sang shittier to try to hide his Seal-ness. I kind of found him to be a bigger name than I’d expect this show to draw but that might be because I’m old.

Guys like Seal need to show up occasionally on TV to remind people they have a new album out, since their chart hits were from 25 years ago.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
First Impressions:

Sun: Vanessa Hudgens
Giraffe: Kid Rock? stabbing in the dark here
Popcorn: Macy Gray
Dragon: Ja Rule :stare:
Snow Owls: Elijah Wood and Daniel Radcliffe not really but thinking this makes me laugh

Also :lol: at Robin Thick's "trembled their voices." :laugh:

:fry: it was Busta!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was talking with a friend about this today and I realized that I was having such a hard time figuring out who dragon was live because I forgot it wasn't a Busta Rhymes song and thought he was just doing a really good imitation

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I really thought that was Bob Newhart because he sounded like he was 91. Was he drunk? High? Does getting punched in the head a lot do that? :ohdear:

Apparently he severed all ties with the show after leaving and refused to do any pressers. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I really thought that was Bob Newhart because he sounded like he was 91. Was he drunk? High? Does getting punched in the head a lot do that? :ohdear:

Apparently he severed all ties with the show after leaving and refused to do any pressers. :shrug:

i dunno about the voice, but that can certainly cause someone to become impulsive and uncooperative.