Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
What's salmon run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Super fresh co-op mode where you're against waves of creeps/minibosses/bosses.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

never heard of it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I feel like I lose every match whenever my team of pubs don’t booyah me back at the start.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Not gonna name names, but a while back i got matched in salmon run with someone from this thread and not only did they never booyah back, they stood perfectly still at the end of each wave and quite frankly it was disturbing

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

que sera sera posted:

Not gonna name names, but a while back i got matched in salmon run with someone from this thread and not only did they never booyah back, they stood perfectly still at the end of each wave and quite frankly it was disturbing

Sounds like Quid tbh.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i might be a grizzled veteran but i still like to celebrate a job well done
https://twitter.com/SmilesHimself/status/1260407565625643011

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Shifty gimbal posted:

What's salmon run?

In a field of green a flower grows,
like my love for you it blooms.
In a clouded sky the sun is high,
shining on a salmon run.
Then when winter comes and petals fall,
and this lonely flower is bare,
I know come spring the weather will bring,
sweet times and love in the air.
Then when she arrives I will not need,
a bouquet of orchids of blue,
right beside a salmon run,
right beside a salmon run.

When the summer breeze
blows through the trees,
and the robins sing their tune,
I seem to recall a sleepy dream,
scented like a salmon run.
Then when she arrives I will not need,
a bouquet of orchids of blue,
right beside a salmon run,
right beside a salmon run.

When the summer breeze
blows through the trees,
and the robins sing their tune,
I seem to recall a sleepy dream.
Scented like a salmon run.
Scented like a salmon sun.
Scented like a salmon run.

I hope this helps explain.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shifty gimbal posted:

What's salmon run?

nothin', what's salmon run with you?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
I just wanted to say: idk where the thread name came from, but I loving approve. SMT and Splatoon loving slap.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The final new Splatfest was Chaos vs Order.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope this redo Splatfest isn’t a one time thing. Redos from Splatoon 1 would be cool.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Looks like the ARMS one was a one off, so I wouldn't be surprised if this too, is a one off.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Crawfish posted:

Looks like the ARMS one was a one off, so I wouldn't be surprised if this too, is a one off.

Maybe the Splatoon demo was a huge success that will earn a couple more splatfests.
Maybe Splatoon 3 will get delayed by the pandemic and they'll try and mantain the userbase loyal with splatfests.

Vote Mayo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think Splatoon 3 is going to be a Switch game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

I don't think Splatoon 3 is going to be a Switch game.

I think it will be but it’ll be enhanced for the Switch Pro or whatever they do.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The Splatoon team and Animal Crossing New Horizons team are the same, and they got done with the latter a good while ago. If Splatoon 3 even started development, we won't be seeing it for a long time.

Could be for the Switch depending on how long the console sticks around though.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Maybe they'll pull a BoTW and release it for Switch AND whatever the next system is. Though I guess for a multiplayer game that would only make sense if it worked that you could play against players using either version of the game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

Maybe Splatoon 3 will get delayed by the pandemic and they'll try and mantain the userbase loyal with splatfests.

Honestly, I think that(Maintenance of player base) is why the current re-do. This has thrown everything off, for Lord knows how long.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Why would I ever want to use the bonus experience tickets? The competition is ramping up enough as is, I don't need to smash my face in a brick wall even faster.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tafferling posted:

Why would I ever want to use the bonus experience tickets? The competition is ramping up enough as is, I don't need to smash my face in a brick wall even faster.

Level is irrelevant to skill level, as there as a separate unseen rank that determines your matchmaking. Increase in level gain gets you access to new weapons faster, and after that, you get a free sea snail every level.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tafferling posted:

SO you can prestige faster

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Takoluka posted:

Level is irrelevant to skill level, as there as a separate unseen rank that determines your matchmaking. Increase in level gain gets you access to new weapons faster, and after that, you get a free sea snail every level.

So, getting my noob face smashed by several star level players means that i'm actually somewhat competent and not that the matchmaking is totally busted?
Now that I think of it, I started encountering hi lvl sniper monsters after a long rear end winning streak.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Tafferling posted:

So, getting my noob face smashed by several star level players means that i'm actually somewhat competent and not that the matchmaking is totally busted?
Now that I think of it, I started encountering hi lvl sniper monsters after a long rear end winning streak.

Correct. Sometimes, the MM screws up, but that's every game. Once I was playing Rocket League with some rando, and we got put up against two literal Season 6 Champions, complete with special titles. Generally, though, you'll be put with players of your same skill level. Even if you see a person who's level is 48*, that could just mean you're just as good as him; he's just been there for 150 more hours.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I love the short matches, because getting my rear end kicked in TF2 was twenty or thirty minutes of suffering but a bad round in in Splatoon 2 is three minutes and done.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tafferling posted:

The scary part is there is a level beyond that where the snippers mostly disappear.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LethalGeek posted:

The scary part is there is a level beyond that where the snippers mostly disappear.

I reckon a lot of games are like that. Also for a moment I thought I was in a TF2 thread for some reason.

I feel like a lot of weapons are more useful in certain game modes. I certainly use more blasters in Tower.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I reckon a lot of games are like that. Also for a moment I thought I was in a TF2 thread for some reason.

I feel like a lot of weapons are more useful in certain game modes. I certainly use more blasters in Tower.

I don’t care what anyone says, clash blaster is heckin fun on Tower Control

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I just picked up this game after trying the demo and am liking it a lot so far.
Just have a quick question, when it says you lose your pay grade and keep your title after a Salmon Run event is over, they are only talking about the point multiplier and not the experience point bar counting toward the next job title right?
I am sitting on 90/100 xp to the next job title and the thing ends in less than 2 hours so just want to be sure it won't get reset after the event is over.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

your xp bar will reset back to 40/100, unless youre above profreshional 100 where itll reset to 100, 200, 300 or 400 depending on where your rank is when the rotation ends

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Post-Splatocalypse schedules: The Intercondimental Reprisal :siren:

• US May 22th 15:00 PT – May 24st 15:00 PT
  • EU May 23th 0:00 CET – May 25th 0:00 CET
  • JP May 23th 7:00 JT – May 25th 7:00 JT
  • AU/NZ May 23th 8:00 AET – May 25th 8:00 AET
A glitch between parallel universes has brought us a bonus splatfest in these end-times.

Since this is a global splatfest, we'll see what the result will be this time around when ketchup power isn't confined to regional barriers.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 17, 2020

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot how visceral the Mayo art was for this one.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

In Training posted:

I forgot how visceral the Mayo art was for this one.

Is she squeezing so hard that the egg yolk is recombining itself at a molecular level when the mayo streams cross?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mayo on eggs seems revolting.:barf:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So I bought the game right after the last splatfest so this will be my first. What do you do exactly? It’s just turf war but you get those luscious sea urchins as a reward?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Social Animal posted:

So I bought the game right after the last splatfest so this will be my first. What do you do exactly? It’s just turf war but you get those luscious sea urchins as a reward?

Pretty much, you get more for each rank you obtain and you earn points towards rank by completing matches with bonuses for turf inked, wins and if your side wins the splatfest you get additional urchins for that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Basically it's just Turf Wars. At night. That's all there is to it gameplay wise. Oh and this is the only time you can team up with friends and such in Turf Wars outside of private battles.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Don't get me wrong, Splatoon 2 is a truly excellent game, but I am looking forward to Splatoon 3.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Don't get me wrong, Splatoon 2 is a truly excellent game, but I am looking forward to Splatoon 3.

Feels too soon imo. I want the next Splatoon game to be semi open world and single player only. Those videos of people getting out of boundaries in various areas really gave me some ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget about Synergy Bonuses!

The more you and your teammates match (gear, weapons, etc) you get an additional multiplier at the end of the round for more points.