Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Soricidus posted:

lol I’m not falling for another of these crypto giveaway scams

:wrong:

yes you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Shumagorath posted:

Divabot it's time for your QAnon Anonymous cross-over :aaa:

sorry i'm too busy humming Lady Gaga songs to myself

https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/2020/05/14/telegram-gives-up-on-the-telegram-open-network/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The only downside is that without monetisation, telegram itself will probably die, and everyone will have to move back to facebook, or worse, start discord channels.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Telegram - set to the tune of Telephone, and the pre-song part of the music video is the judge reading his opinion and order about TON.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Paladinus posted:

The only downside is that without monetisation, telegram itself will probably die, and everyone will have to move back to facebook, or worse, start discord channels.

you could just not use any of those

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

you could just not use any of those

Next you'll be telling me I don't have to use Microsoft Teams. There are things in this world that are beyond our control.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Next you'll be telling me I don't have to use Microsoft Teams. There are things in this world that are beyond our control.

two cans and a string is the only communication protocol you need, anything more is just excessive

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

two cans and a string is the only communication protocol you need, anything more is just excessive

i believe it was http over carrier pigeon, not http over toucans

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

dailyblockchain_newsredditor for 1 week 3 points 8 hours ago

Everyone needs to start telling their friends and family to stay away from bitcoin because you make money, friends, and a whole life style and dont need them loving it up! Start cutting people out, and the only thing they will want, is in. ✌✊

...!
Oct 5, 2003

A monk messaged his Master about an altcoin he wanted to buy.

The Master told him it was fated to moon. "It's only $0.10 per coin."

"Buy me 1000 coins," replied the monk.

The following day, the coin was at $0.20. Seeing this, the monk texted his master and told him to buy him 5000 more coins.

The day after the monk checked his exchange and the coin was at $0.40. Eager to contact his master, he told him to buy 10,000 more coins.

Checking online the following day the monk now saw the coin was valued at $0.90. Thinking what a windfall profit he had made in just a few days, the monk raced to see his master and told him, "Sell all my coins!"

"To whom?" the master replied. "You were the only one buying that coin."

And thus the monk was enlightened.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:phoneb::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::gerard:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:hmmyes:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

...! posted:

A monk messaged his Master about an altcoin he wanted to buy.

The Master told him it was fated to moon. "It's only $0.10 per coin."

"Buy me 1000 coins," replied the monk.

The following day, the coin was at $0.20. Seeing this, the monk texted his master and told him to buy him 5000 more coins.

The day after the monk checked his exchange and the coin was at $0.40. Eager to contact his master, he told him to buy 10,000 more coins.

Checking online the following day the monk now saw the coin was valued at $0.90. Thinking what a windfall profit he had made in just a few days, the monk raced to see his master and told him, "Sell all my coins!"

"To whom?" the master replied. "You were the only one buying that coin."

And thus the monk was enlightened.

:hmmyes:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

according to the court document linked from this blogpost there is something called the "Doody Report"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > The Doody Report

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

for balance i would like to subscribe to the Howdy Report

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Grace Baiting posted:

for balance i would like to subscribe to the Howdy Report

:gnorw:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

:gnorw:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

nice one

Hammerite posted:

according to the court document linked from this blogpost there is something called the "Doody Report"

i assume this is famed goldbug john doody?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

orange juche posted:

I am sorry sir/ma'am I said read direction carefully your transaction did not follow direction and has been kept as donation! Thank you for your support!

what you've done here is really hosed up and someday you're going to receive the ultimate justice

a scammer tag on the forums

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1261396891784413185

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the k stands for coin

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
wow super gross thread op was hoping it was bitcoins so I could accuse you of having a dirty kid disease and then tell you to go into a dark room with a friend, a flashlight, and some tweezers and get a whole lot closer (by having them shine a light at your bhole to attract the bitcoins)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Very pissed right now. Been scoping out a bitcoin on my uncle's property for a few days now, he missed his daily jaunt down to the creek today and I wind up finding a mining rig and dried strawberries. Only three people have permission to mine there - two of them are my dad and I and the third doesn't mine. Some nutless piece of poo poo drove right by the house, including opening and closing a gate, and poached a bitcoin off us.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EorayMel posted:

Very pissed right now. Been scoping out a bitcoin on my uncle's property for a few days now, he missed his daily jaunt down to the creek today and I wind up finding a mining rig and dried strawberries. Only three people have permission to mine there - two of them are my dad and I and the third doesn't mine. Some nutless piece of poo poo drove right by the house, including opening and closing a gate, and poached a bitcoin off us.

That's pretty hosed up op

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

did you consider that this was actually good for bitcoin op? the more that get stolen the more your ones are worth

...!
Oct 5, 2003

EorayMel posted:

:eyepop:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
[once satoshi asked

a letter light//

are you a bitcoiner>//

//yes// it replied\\

//why have bitcoin no worth>\\

satoshi asked the bitcoiner\

who could not reply\\

//because\\ said satoshi//

currency is plentiful]

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

the worst person you know meme

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Harry Potter and the Order of the Nocoiners
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Private Keys
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of the United States Penitentiary in Tucson

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Hammerite posted:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Nocoiners
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Private Keys
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of the United States Penitentiary in Tucson

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Harry Poster and the Goblet of :wrong:

The Final Seraph84
May 16, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
This type of poo poo cracks me right up, because it's the worst of both worlds:

Visa Seeks Patent On System To Turn Government Currencies Into Digital Blockchain Versions

https://www.pymnts.com/blockchain/2020/visa-seeks-patent-digital-blockchain-system/

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Kevinhalse/status/1261400930530009090

:yossame:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

cool biRd pics posted:

its-a-me elon musk, italian, and mama mia do i have an offer for you-a
wwhy musk is piss. why musk is piss #italiano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
How badly did trying to run an Internet magical money tree go for Telegram? Well, Telegram is now $500m in hock to the Russian totally-not-mafia.