Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

VanSandman posted:

When Something Awful ends the last two posters will be Pick and someone getting mad at Pick.

An eternal cycle of Pick posting alone about their inheritance and opinion of Asian drivers in r/r thread and being banned and month probed by the last mod, keeping the server just barely functional 10 dollars at a time until the last star blinks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Can you taxidermize a dead website? Asking for a friend

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

An eternal cycle of Pick posting alone about their inheritance and opinion of Asian drivers in r/r thread and being banned and month probed by the last mod, keeping the server just barely functional 10 dollars at a time until the last star blinks out.

I never bothered to take it to a mod because it wasn't worth it but I commented on barudak getting his driver's license in china because he lived in china

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Antivehicular posted:

The Wayback Machine will do it, for a price

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

FilthyImp posted:

why bother with that when we got archived by the Library of Congress?

https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0009701/

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

RFC2324 posted:

Lmao that the Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes are part of the Library of Congress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
All joking aside there's probably no better record of things that happened on the technology front than YOSPOS

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

I feel strangely legitimate.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
There's a cream for that, I hear.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Pick posted:

I never bothered to take it to a mod because it wasn't worth it but I commented on barudak getting his driver's license in china because he lived in china

Welcome back from probation friend!

RFC2324 posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pick posted:

"Incorporate ham into their sex life" jesus that's the last thing these people need
"They don't call me Pork Lift for nothing."

Someone probably has a link to that thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I feel there's a particular issue with Internet Atheists similar to other people who've broken out of the unhealthy environment of conservative religion; they're still dealing with the trauma and maladjustment from the arbitrary and framework, and have yet to establish and internalise healthy boundaries to replace them. Like with kink scene where some people have a lot of trouble understanding boundaries and consent because they waaant it, and think anyone saying no must just be a repressed prude. (because it's not like conservative religious society has any remotely healthy boundaries or idea of consent, though some people are just predatory wherever they are)

On the other hand, you get people whose views and opinions haven't actually significantly changed outside of what's convenient for them in particular, and just put themselves in a different ideological framework.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I feel there's a particular issue with Internet Atheists similar to other people who've broken out of the unhealthy environment of conservative religion; they're still dealing with the trauma and maladjustment from the arbitrary and framework, and have yet to establish and internalise healthy boundaries to replace them. Like with kink scene where some people have a lot of trouble understanding boundaries and consent because they waaant it, and think anyone saying no must just be a repressed prude. (because it's not like conservative religious society has any remotely healthy boundaries or idea of consent, though some people are just predatory wherever they are)

On the other hand, you get people whose views and opinions haven't actually significantly changed outside of what's convenient for them in particular, and just put themselves in a different ideological framework.

Of these internet atheists, how many weren't basic white men, also attracting an audience of mostly white men.

You create a social group like that, the figurehead starts on "I'm just asking the question" and then you have a fanbase geared towards anger at any other they perceive as at fault for their own shortcomings.

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
moon slayer asked us get off the religion derail although this has been shockingly civil for an internet religion discussion

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Since it came up, can someone please refresh my memory on Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Elephant Ambush posted:

Since it came up, can someone please refresh my memory on Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes?

a goon half-remembers seeing commercials for hulk hogan branded shoes that had a compartment in the sole which would keep meat warm. this concept is so stunningly absurd that it kicks off a thread

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/hulk-hogan-meatshoes/1/

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Meat shoes, pillow mods, and margarita machines are some of my all time favorite threads.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

FilthyImp posted:

You can do home taxidermy using wget -krp! It might take a while, though.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

this isn't a "saga" really but does anyone have T-Paine's rant about pulled pork?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

CannonFodder posted:

"They don't call me Pork Lift for nothing."

Someone probably has a link to that thread.

Here ya go [ABENOTE: this thread is now about Erotic Goon Fanfiction] Tigers

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Really though, every thread is, if you try hard enough.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

goethe.cx posted:

this isn't a "saga" really but does anyone have T-Paine's rant about pulled pork?

The Lost SA stuff and Quotes threads may also be able to help you, the people that hang out there are goddamn wizards when it comes to finding stuff.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

"Welcome to Dwarf Fortress" captures a special kind of internet experience from back when people lost their poo poo over how amazing some ASCII game was because of all the ~possibilities~

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

pentyne posted:

"Welcome to Dwarf Fortress" captures a special kind of internet experience from back when people lost their poo poo over how amazing some ASCII game was because of all the ~possibilities~

Isn't that kind of what people do with Minecraft nowadays?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

It's different, Dwarf fortress is a giant story generator because it's trying to be a world simulation and has a crazy large feature set with a commensurate level of bugs and strange interactions so a million weird or interesting things happen by chance that make for amusing internet posts, Minecraft let's you build effectively anything but it's all on your own creativity with little simulation basically a giant lego set, so people use it like a scene/movie maker .

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 15, 2020

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Hub Cat posted:

It's different, Dwarf fortress is a giant story generator because it's trying to be a world simulation and has a crazy large feature set with a commensurate level of bugs and strange interactions so a million weird or interesting things happen by chance that make for amusing internet posts, Minecraft let's you build effectively anything but it's all on your own creativity with little simulation basically a giant lego set, so people use it like a scene/movie maker .

Ok, that makes sense.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

pentyne posted:

I mean it's still pretty amazing and toady continues to make the game even more nuts.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Honky Dong Country posted:

I mean it's still pretty amazing and toady continues to make the game even more nuts.

drunken cats will never not own

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I'm not entirely in the know, but were there ever any updates as to what happened with the 'tax man? I remember something had starting brewing towards the end of the last thread (i think?) and I had lost track.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yestermoment posted:

I'm not entirely in the know, but were there ever any updates as to what happened with the 'tax man? I remember something had starting brewing towards the end of the last thread (i think?) and I had lost track.

His back is still hosed up but patreon dollars cover both his medical bills and his findom fetish. The latter, however, is a contributing factor to his most recent (impending?) divorce.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

drunken cats will never not own

I'm still disappointed that they nerfed swimming experience and that every fish in any given body of water is no longer capable of eviscerating basically any other mob in the game

the true final boss being carp was never not hilarious

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah honestly DF remains amazing and that post about it came off as unnecessarily dismissive imo. Goons have been hard into DF for a long time and the game (and associated threads/community games [re: Boatmurdered]) itself constitutes both an SA saga and an impressive feat in obsessive simulation breeding utterly insane behavior/stories.

E: and magic isn't even a thing in DF yet :doit:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am just sad that they are going to be forced to sell it on steam to pay for medical bills :(

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Tashilicious posted:

I am just sad that they are going to be forced to sell it on steam to pay for medical bills :(

DF has been supported by donations up until now. If toady and his bro can make more cash off of steam I'm all for it. And I plan to buy it on steam, myself. Anything that allows toady to dorf harder I'm all for. I wanna put that nerd on the wh40k golden throne forever so that we can enjoy an eternity of goons being scared of a fish in a pond mercilessly slaughtering thier mans or some insane dwarf wizard transmuting the entire fortress' internal organs into plump helmets while trying to develop a simple healing spell (which somehow actually works normally as organs and life goes on unchanged).

E: and I'm sorry if any of this seems like a derail, but there really is a very long history of goons and dwarf fortress. You can prolly just google Boatmurdered at this point.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 15, 2020

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Kazinsal posted:

His back is still hosed up but patreon dollars cover both his medical bills and his findom fetish. The latter, however, is a contributing factor to his most recent (impending?) divorce.

he doesn't have a findom fetish.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

he doesn't have a findom fetish.

He hates every second of it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

purple death ray posted:

He hates every second of it

that means it's actually a fetish, not just a kink

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
having a findom fetish seems like a less embarassing excuse for making bad decisions and being easily tricked

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I had to google that poo poo cause I was imagining Lowtax getting beat down by fish fins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Shifty Nipples posted:

I had to google that poo poo cause I was imagining Lowtax getting beat down by fish fins.

That explains the spine....