Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you listen to the Jericho pod with Eisener and the other guy they have ideas. The one I remember that could be excellent is Collision In Korea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
The best episodes have been the lightest ones because all we want is tales of the old carny bullshit days with as little tragedy as possible.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Dark Side of the Ring: Muffler Tales

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Art Barr
The Steroid Trial
Bill Watts
Chyna
Buck Zumhofe
Ringboy Scandal
Warrior
Heroes of Wrestling PPV
Dynamite Kid
Kanyon
Axl Rotten
Brian Lawler
Bill Demott

There’s a lot of poo poo to delve into. Not as much Benoit/Owen level stuff but still a lot of interesting ground

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'd be stunned if they did the ring boy scandal

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah you have to remember that they need to get compelling interviews for these things and it's become clear that no one is particularly interested in talking about the ring boy stuff, for various reasons.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I mean I think they could do it - but I also wonder with Jericho narrating if they would just heavily gloss over Vince and his knowledge of it.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Does WWE still edit Mel Phillips out of old footage, or was that just done on DVD's?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

I mean I think they could do it - but I also wonder with Jericho narrating if they would just heavily gloss over Vince and his knowledge of it.

A lot will depend on how they play the Owen stuff, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dynamite Kid would be a really good one, especially since it's tangential to Benoit.

MorrisBae posted:

Does WWE still edit Mel Phillips out of old footage, or was that just done on DVD's?

On the network they use the VHS/DVD versions for most stuff as the base before further edits so I wouldn't be surprised if he was still edited out.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

sportsgenius86 posted:

Art Barr
The Steroid Trial
Bill Watts
Chyna
Buck Zumhofe
Ringboy Scandal
Warrior
Heroes of Wrestling PPV
Dynamite Kid
Kanyon
Axl Rotten
Brian Lawler
Bill Demott

There’s a lot of poo poo to delve into. Not as much Benoit/Owen level stuff but still a lot of interesting ground

They're going to want to save some stuff so each season has it's big ones and filler or lighter episodes. I'd say steroid trial and ultimate warrior would be perfect bookends for season 3. I also think Chyna would be a good premier episode.

Collision in Korea is a perfect lighter episode, it's incredibly interesting and not about watching someone destroying themselves with drug addiction or murder. Rick Rude would be a good one. I think a two parter about how vince killed the NWA and how the NWA hosed up during the 80's trying to take on vince would be pretty good.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MorrisBae posted:

As much as possible within reason, yes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

flashy_mcflash posted:

A lot will depend on how they play the Owen stuff, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

Martha is heavily involved with the Owen episode so I doubt they're going softball

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Coaaab posted:

Dark Side of the Ring: Muffler Tales

D-D-D-Danger, watch behind you!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Still say they need to cover Wrestlicious, just for the laughs

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

They had enough suggestions on twitter when they asked about a 2nd season they probably have enough material or cases to look at for a season 3 already. A lot of people suggested the ring boy scandal for example so maybe they thought with two big heavy hitters they had enough for this season

All they really have to do is just follow the NY64 twitter for ideas for like the next decade or so.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Art Barr
The Steroid Trial
Bill Watts
Chyna
Buck Zumhofe
Ringboy Scandal
Warrior
Heroes of Wrestling PPV
Dynamite Kid
Kanyon
Axl Rotten
Brian Lawler
Bill Demott

I mentioned it before in an older post, but I think the WCW discrimination lawsuit and subsequent Bash at the Beach 2000 fiasco involving Hulk Hogan and Jeff Jarrett would be a good subject, though if they're going to include BatB they may have to make it a two part episode because that's way too much bullshit for one 45 minute episode.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'd be down for a retrospective on Russo's career just to see him try to defend himself

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Better Than You posted:

I'd be down for a retrospective on Russo's career just to see him try to defend himself

if that happens there needs to be a "bro" ticker in the corner

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

They should do an episode that's just Inoki stories.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
They didn't show the time Hawk took both a chokeslam and a frog splash from Kane and RVD. :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Art Barr
The Steroid Trial
Bill Watts
Chyna
Buck Zumhofe
Ringboy Scandal
Warrior
Heroes of Wrestling PPV
Dynamite Kid
Kanyon
Axl Rotten
Brian Lawler
Bill Demott

I would add Scott Hall to that list, but I'm sure the ESPN documentary on him was thorough, though I haven't seen it.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

alberto del rio is on the fast track to getting his own episode before long

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Joey McChrist posted:

alberto del rio is on the fast track to getting his own episode before long

i'd say he's already there but it's too soon and people who are still working for WWE would have to be there to tell some of those stories.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Red posted:

I would add Scott Hall to that list, but I'm sure the ESPN documentary on him was thorough, though I haven't seen it.
Wasn't that documentary made and released before he reached out to DDP for help? Or am I thinking about another documentary...

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I liked the Road Warriors episode. Paul Ellering sounds like he was really close with Hawk and Animal. Dude became a dog sledder later and raced in the Iditarod.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 18, 2020

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Better Than You posted:

Wasn't that documentary made and released before he reached out to DDP for help? Or am I thinking about another documentary...

I believe you’re right; Hall was a HUGE mess at the time, and I remember that 30 for 30 highlighting both him “getting better” (before relapsing again and eventually going to DDP’s), as well as his son’s “up-and-coming” career (which, if you’ve followed Cody Hall’s recent few years of bridge-burning, is not accurate any longer).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I believe you’re right; Hall was a HUGE mess at the time, and I remember that 30 for 30 highlighting both him “getting better” (before relapsing again and eventually going to DDP’s), as well as his son’s “up-and-coming” career (which, if you’ve followed Cody Hall’s recent few years of bridge-burning, is not accurate any longer).

Don't know what you could possibly mean, he was last seen working for one of the biggest promotions in Japan, DDT, before the lockdown!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Oh God Oje talking about Owen's last words to him :cry:

e: oh my God gently caress WWE this is loving heartbreaking

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 20, 2020

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
gently caress vince mcmahon

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This episode's breaking me and it's not even over yet

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

This episode's breaking me and it's not even over yet

I teared up for sure when they were talking about that night and what I had not previously known where they told JR Owen died then "we're live in 10...9...8..."

e: oh and Cornette's story that Owen's last words were "look out" as he was falling

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 20, 2020

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
that loving police photo of the dent in the ring and dried blood where owen landed was absolutely haunting

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Coaaab posted:

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Coaaab posted:

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Dango Bango posted:

e: oh and Cornette's story that Owen's last words were "look out" as he was falling

I had Shad Gaspard's last words echoing around my head while hearing this part. Insane courage to be meeting death and still worrying about someone else.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Coaaab posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Coaaab posted:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Coaaab posted: