Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

It's still not great, but I'm at least enjoying Tamayomi now that they're playing games and delving more into strategy. I'm a total neophyte when it comes to baseball though, with the limit of my knowledge being watching Jon Bois and Jimmy O'Brien videos. The girl I didn't like before because of being a creeper is a lot better now that she's focusing more on statistics and scouting instead of just feeling up other girls.

Also, the club advisor is the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FilthyImp posted:

I'm looking forward to the 2021/2022 COVID-Isekai's that'll hit

I Can't Believe I Can Actually Hug Everyone Here!!

And the twist is they're actually asymptomatic and spreading COVID everywhere they go...:smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I Can't Believe I Can Actually Hug Everyone Here!!

And the twist is they're actually asymptomatic and spreading COVID everywhere they go...:smith:

Isekai'd into Cells at Work.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I wound up being fine with the CGI animation of 2045, what bugged me was how scatterbrained the story was. I at a minimum enjoyed it just because i'm a sucker for GitS and the original voice cast nails what they were given as always.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I liked the bank robbery episode. The rest was pretty forgettable

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Furnaceface posted:

Isekai'd into Cells at Work.

I'm honestly expecting a COVID OVA for Cells at Work within the next year.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The very cool and friendly people in cspam have given me a present after i talked about anime there :)

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Jesus Christ, what brought on that abomination?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if i knew id tell you.

Wait this isnt the chat thread

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

That's better.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

if i knew id tell you.

Wait this isnt the chat thread

If anybody else get's a hateful/gross av like that, let me or Wark Say know so we can get rid of it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Thank you, failmod

Edit: for real tho thanks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean because I suggested people not be awful and defend someone harassing a trans person on twitter one of said defenders PMed me(because they know they'd get banned if they posted it in a thread) calling me a pedophile and saying I deserve to be castrated because...anime, so that seems par for the course with cspam posters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean because I suggested people not be awful and defend someone harassing a trans person on twitter one of said defenders PMed me(because they know they'd get banned if they posted it in a thread) calling me a pedophile and saying I deserve to be castrated because...anime, so that seems par for the course with cspam posters
i think if a pm is bad enough/crosses the line into actual harassment you can send it to the mods and they might do something? i dont think PMs are completely unmoderated.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah I asked about it, but who knows, they're going to discuss it. I've been told to "deal with it" years ago with harassing PM's, which, when a guy pm's you with "I know where you live" that's a pretty hosed up thing to just brush off(that guy subsequently got perma'd for being a creep), but thankfully they actually deal with poo poo nowadays so hopefully the current idiot gets smacked.

there should be a rule stating that PM's aren't exempt from the forum rules, tbh

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 14, 2020

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

The very cool and friendly people in cspam have given me a present after i talked about anime there :)

yeah most goodposters in cspam either quit or got banned, so now a lot of threads are just gbs&d shitshows. not that i help with my whitenoise posting.

i only follow a couple bookmarked threads in there now and avoid the rest
e: oops yeah this isn't chat thread

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I beat the Sakura Wars game and so finally checked out the anime. I definitely can’t see how anyone would watch this not playing the game because it starts off like “hey it’s a month or two after the game and we pretty much assume you know who everyone is” so it’s a bad title to pickup for anyone not in Japan.

It’s okay, the animation is very not great. However, there was a scene in episode 5 where the girls run out of the bath area and I lost my poo poo and had to watch it again because they absolutely nailed “crazy running out” I need to find a way to gif that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

I beat the Sakura Wars game and so finally checked out the anime. I definitely can’t see how anyone would watch this not playing the game because it starts off like “hey it’s a month or two after the game and we pretty much assume you know who everyone is” so it’s a bad title to pickup for anyone not in Japan.

It’s okay, the animation is very not great. However, there was a scene in episode 5 where the girls run out of the bath area and I lost my poo poo and had to watch it again because they absolutely nailed “crazy running out” I need to find a way to gif that.

I've been watching it as well, and they do a decent enough job of giving you a vague sense of the characters without having played the game. And yeah the animation generally is pretty mediocre at best, but it does have bits where it is used well for comedy and character expression.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I started watching Drifting Dragons because it looked slightly more interesting than the majority of Netflix originals and I quite enjoyed it - it has likeable cast and focuses on their lives on a cool steampunk zeppelin - until I realised that it's... pro whaling? With dragons standing in for whales? I don't think I've ever seen a series talking about that

Also, check this out:
https://twitter.com/TBF_PR/status/1261139581325307905

macabresca fucked around with this message at 12:04 on May 15, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Love Live continues

https://twitter.com/LoveLive_staff/status/1261129389862842371?s=20

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Finally!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is it normal to go down the head count for idol units?

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Is it normal to go down the head count for idol units?

They haven’t fully revealed all the information about the new series, so it’s likely to be another set of 9 and these are just the designs they feel are close enough to final to show off

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Huh. I thought I saw those same designs on the photo that included a buttload of cute girls and whatnot. Well, here's hoping we go 9 9 9 and hit some kinda jackpot. :)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they announced multiple shows. you can see the image you mean in the comment and the other new cast in this pic

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Kino Yakobe is an idol now

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

macabresca posted:

I started watching Drifting Dragons because it looked slightly more interesting than the majority of Netflix originals and I quite enjoyed it - it has likeable cast and focuses on their lives on a cool steampunk zeppelin - until I realised that it's... pro whaling? With dragons standing in for whales? I don't think I've ever seen a series talking about that

If you liked the show please check out the manga because the horrible cgi sucks all the life and charm out of the original art. You can read part of it on CR: https://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/drifting-dragons/volumes or buy it from Kodansha: https://kodanshacomics.com/series/drifting-dragons/ & it's on sale right now btw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1261323851167944706?s=20

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

A perfectly ordinary series about a woman becoming a radio presenter

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Everything Burrito posted:

If you liked the show please check out the manga because the horrible cgi sucks all the life and charm out of the original art. You can read part of it on CR: https://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/drifting-dragons/volumes or buy it from Kodansha: https://kodanshacomics.com/series/drifting-dragons/ & it's on sale right now btw

Tbh I've watched so many shows with bad CGI already that I'm (mostly) unphased but manga art really does look gorgeous

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They have to have nine main girls because of how the game works, but it's cool that they're doing a spinoff too

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, the CG in Dorohedoro was nothing to write home about and that was still entertaining as hell. Granted, I'm a fan of the manga so I might be biased.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Exia posted:

They haven’t fully revealed all the information about the new series, so it’s likely to be another set of 9 and these are just the designs they feel are close enough to final to show off

Honestly, I'm predicting they're gonna go beyond 9, since you can see the 5 revealed girls in this pic already, but there's a bunch of other notable designs in there. Maybe just go full Aikatsu with it, since apparently all the girls will be 1st-years cause the school is re-opening, so they're already shaking the formula up.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 15, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean, that pic was designed as 'guess who the main characters are' marketing stunt, the designs had to be notable for the idea to work

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wark Say posted:

I mean, the CG in Dorohedoro was nothing to write home about and that was still entertaining as hell. Granted, I'm a fan of the manga so I might be biased.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad for most of it. That, or it was just very easy to get used to.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A buddy said it had a "grungy sort of charm" and, honestly, that seems like a pretty good description. The manga was one of the first things I started using online readers to keep following up on. So seeing it animated has been a real blast.

Hearing the En family voiced was such a delight, especially Shin and Noi who are perfectly cast. Both Yoshimasa Hosoya and Junya Enoki (in the backstory sections) give Shin a certain quality where he seems like the kind of guy who you'd be totally best bros with, even with the fight-happy tendencies.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Dorohedoro has some bad cgi moments, especially early on, but eventually I felt that the good visuals outweighed the bad.

Like this needlessly gorgeous shot of a parked truck, for example.

https://i.imgur.com/M0QscSz.mp4

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
my issue is less with cgi in general and more with that ugly style the recent Netflix shows have been done in, especially when they use it on an adaption of something with really distinctive and beautiful art.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Netflix's house style for the most titles feels like that 80's OAV that you'd find buried in a Video Store in the 90's for US Manga Corps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Netflix's house style for the most titles feels like that 80's OAV that you'd find buried in a Video Store in the 90's for US Manga Corps

wait, that would rule