Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And they use real explosives and actual sparks, it's crazy and I bet at least one puppet has gone up in flames at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I feel like Shang was probably getting more violent than usual because he was getting pushed so hard. If he'd been able to hold back, he and Mu wouldn't have needed Lang to rescue them.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Wow some parts of that movie were way more brutal than I remember anything in the series being.

Not the evil princess's little dances though. Those are adorable.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
Just found this!

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uga5oaJFBxE

Goddamn I'm ready for more, and I sure hope stuff from the recent movie isn't forgotten going forward...

Ol' Hole-Puch Sho

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
well, now i've heard urobuchi's voice

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Aw yesssssss. Can't wait for Vape Wizard Antics Season 3

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
THE VAPE IS SMOKED IN WIZARD HUE
THE SHADOW OF DEMONS, WHO CROSS THE ROOM
ENDURE THE PAIN, SEASON 3 IS NOW
WHAT CAN I SAY-AY!?

Yes I know it's soon, but that doesn't fit the song lyrics well enough :colbert:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Space Flower posted:

well, now i've heard urobuchi's voice

You haven't seen this behind-the-scenes Crunchyroll published as episode 0? He talked a lot there

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite part of s2 was how vapey got so completely owned despite his plan working flawlessly. i hope he gets owned some more in s3.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

my favorite part of s2 was how vapey got so completely owned despite his plan working flawlessly. i hope he gets owned some more in s3.

I think vapey might be 0-2 as far as not being owned by villains goes

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I just changed the thread title and updated the OP so we can keep using this thread for season 3 whenever it's out.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xarbala posted:

I think vapey might be 0-2 as far as not being owned by villains goes

Actually yeah, he's had a bad track record for his marks in each season since they refuse to go along with him in the crucial moment.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he sure did brutally gently caress over screaming phoenix killer, though.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Caught up on season 2 and the movies.

I kinda got soured on S2 when the best character got killed, but it was good overall.

Back on the ground floor for S3.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I don't remember the Aoi Yuki sword dying?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Well, it (she?) did fall into botomless pit or something so

But I *think* she's on the poster posted above. Hard to tell with those swords.

Btw, last I checked Aoi Yuki was credited as 'Mysterious princess' on ANN's TF page and it still makes me laugh

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Queadlunn posted:

Just found this!

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uga5oaJFBxE

Goddamn I'm ready for more, and I sure hope stuff from the recent movie isn't forgotten going forward...

Ol' Hole-Puch Sho

I would absolutely watch an entire season like this. I'm reading subs anyway, give me the little faces too.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9lRxRBb2Qg

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
What the hell is going on there? It starts with a concert and then it turns into some sort of crossover thing? is what i saw from skipping through it.

Gonna need a translation on this i guess.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
its just a 20th anni thing for nitro+, they had a big concert and then showed off this shitpost vid where thunderbolt crosses over between madoka magica, expelled from paradise, demonbane, totono, Super Sonico

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The Super Sonico puppet rules :3:

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Captain_duck posted:

What the hell is going on there? It starts with a concert and then it turns into some sort of crossover thing? is what i saw from skipping through it.

Gonna need a translation on this i guess.

I think the crossover part was originally the framing story of the concert and they showed it in pieces between the songs.

The basic plot is that at Tan Hi's request, Shou Fu Kan and Rin Setsu A have recovered a glowstick THE SACRED MAGICAL SWORD SAIRIUNMU, which has the power to twist space and time and mix together different realities. Rin explains that it's harmless because its powers only manifest once every few years on the day of the "Nitro Supersonic"... which, coincidentally, happens to be that exact day. The sword goes haywire, all the Nitro+ properties get jumbled together and wacky hijinks ensue as the puppets bumble across different universes, e.g. they get attacked by resurrected villains but Touken Ranbu swords bail them out, Kyuubey tries to trick the female cast into becoming magical girls (Princess of Cruelty was just going to wish for a normal life :smith:) and Shou wakes up as an eroge protagonist and has to pick whether to spend his life with an anime girl or a vape wizard.
Eventually they run into the "pink-haired goddess of ancient legend" (Super Sonico). She has no idea what's going on or what this goddess thing is all about and would really just like people to stop chasing her with swords, but Rin figures out that her singing should reactivate Sairiunmu and return everything to normal. Probably. This mostly works out, except that Shou and Rin are stranded on the concert stage in our world, but they get the audience to call for an encore which activates Sairiunmu for the last time and sends them back where they came from.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well now I really hope someone subs it

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its my birthday today! *every character from every anime come in for a HUGE party*

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/TBF_PR/status/1333607288406360067

ALL YALL READY FOR APRIL?!?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hell yes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
gently caress yes! Can't wait. Love this series.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
let's loving gooooooo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Let you know in about 4 months.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The Best* future would also see the next part of Pili manifest from the ether at around the same time so everybody can become thoroughly confused on overlapping names and intrigue~

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
New trailer's out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YJbDdXCJv4

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New characters looking good, the design of the guy with eyeliner/bags? amuses me since it stands out so much from the normal ones.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
April is still too far...

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
TF has an amazing cast, lol. If you want to see new puppets from head to toe and their names, here they are. Hm, that big bad lady from the poster looked similar to Shang's companion from the movie but if that's the same person, then apparently there are some shocking reveals and twists coming.

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1357237469217980416

And I love that they included concept art in the trailer. Is there any place where you can see all of it?

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
Much of the new character stuff is here: https://www.thunderboltfantasy.com/season3/character/

Seems a lot of them got minor costume reworks/updates too!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Queadlunn posted:

Much of the new character stuff is here: https://www.thunderboltfantasy.com/season3/character/

Well they had to make more dummies to throw around so why not update the hero models while they're at it.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Queadlunn posted:

Is it me or is Shang lookin more neckbeardy than before? like they diminished his chin or jaw profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oo Koo
Nov 19, 2012
Any bets on which of this season's new characters is going to be the one to troll vape wizard by not playing along when defeated?