Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

RBX posted:

If you die to it once then you know after that how to avoid getting hit, I don't understand.

if you die you have to buy the game again to retry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Spyro is the only platformer from that era still worth playing, so its good that its remaster is on the Xbox family of badly named consoles

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo there should be some sort of IRL achievement for playing Control while extremely high. I am doing it right now and my brain is yelling at me and telling me this is going to be a really bad time.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

DrNutt posted:

Holy poo poo there should be some sort of IRL achievement for playing Control while extremely high. I am doing it right now and my brain is yelling at me and telling me this is going to be a really bad time.

Lmao this is such a bad idea

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DrNutt posted:

Maybe you should Take Control

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The tony hawk remake is very pretty but they are very deliberately only showing less than a second of footage of the board rolling because it looks floaty as gently caress. Every shot is of the skater jumping or just taking off or landing. With one or two awkward flying-skating shots in there.

Maybe they'll fix that before release.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm watching a streamer play The Culling Origins on Xbox Live (which was put on the service yesterday) and he is like one of 7 people playing. This is also a game where the max number of players to a game is 16, so the game server is mostly just full of bots.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Culling is like 10 years old and bad, nobody should be playing that game.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

RBX posted:

The Culling is like 10 years old and bad, nobody should be playing that game.
It looks like the version they threw on Xbox isn't a recent version either. It runs like crap.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm watching a streamer play The Culling Origins on Xbox Live (which was put on the service yesterday) and he is like one of 7 people playing. This is also a game where the max number of players to a game is 16, so the game server is mostly just full of bots.

that's a really healthy population the day after launch, i see great things in its future

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

that's a really healthy population the day after launch, i see great things in its future
He actually recorded the video on 'launch day', I forgot to mention

That userbase is around what The Culling 2 on the second day of release

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BrownieVK posted:

Lmao this is such a bad idea

I've played roughly fifteen hours of Control now and I have no idea what's going on or what I am supposed to be doing. Love the collectibles though, great little pieces of world building.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Laserface posted:

The tony hawk remake is very pretty but they are very deliberately only showing less than a second of footage of the board rolling because it looks floaty as gently caress. Every shot is of the skater jumping or just taking off or landing. With one or two awkward flying-skating shots in there.

Jack black has longer clips on his YouTube jablinskigames

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

DrNutt posted:

I've played roughly fifteen hours of Control now and I have no idea what's going on or what I am supposed to be doing. Love the collectibles though, great little pieces of world building.

Have you not been taking control? You're supposed to take control.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Have you not been taking control? You're supposed to take control.

Sadly, she's lost control. Confusion in her eyes that says it all, really

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Barudak posted:

Sadly, she's lost control. Confusion in her eyes that says it all, really

Jesse is dynamite.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Laserface posted:

If the physics aren't 1:1 with the originals they can just cancel it now because it'll be unplayable garbage like the HD cash in.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

It looks almost exactly like the ogs if you watch the jack black stream.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
https://youtu.be/8I5baEQbX6Y

Jack Black video

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My main issue is still the speed you gain from grinding. Seems more like the later games where you really zip than 1/2 where you just continue your speed.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

I downloaded the Halo collection through Xbox Game Pass. I was originally planning to play only Halo 4, but have really been impressed with how good it looks and how well it plays.

How do Halo Reach and ODST compare to it?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Reach and ODST are the two best Halo games so

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reach's campaign is better than any numbered halo

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I have some credit on my account from a gift card, but when I went to buy Witcher 2 yesterday from the website store, there was no option to pull from my credit for payment. Can I only use account credit when using the console store and not from the website?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I have some credit on my account from a gift card, but when I went to buy Witcher 2 yesterday from the website store, there was no option to pull from my credit for payment. Can I only use account credit when using the console store and not from the website?

IIRC there's some backend fuckery with Xbox 360 games which make it so you can't use credit for those. Something like that, anyway.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

univbee posted:

IIRC there's some backend fuckery with Xbox 360 games which make it so you can't use credit for those. Something like that, anyway.

I got Daytona USA the other day, and from what I tried there was absolutely no way to purchase it other than through the Xbox 360 store. Couldn't purchase it through the website or the Xbox One store. I was able to use some of my credit for that at least.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I got Daytona USA the other day, and from what I tried there was absolutely no way to purchase it other than through the Xbox 360 store. Couldn't purchase it through the website or the Xbox One store. I was able to use some of my credit for that at least.

The backend is a loving mess for Xbox 360 games, it's apparently part of why you can't just see a price for 360 stuff on the XB1 store.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Daytona USA on anything except the giant arcade racing setup seems like the most pointless thing in the world. If you're not paying a dollar to get 3rd to last place you're not playing Daytona USA.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Daytona USA on anything except the giant arcade racing setup seems like the most pointless thing in the world. If you're not paying a dollar to get 3rd to last place you're not playing Daytona USA.

Arcade doesn't have karaoke mode though.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

univbee posted:

The backend is a loving mess for Xbox 360 games, it's apparently part of why you can't just see a price for 360 stuff on the XB1 store.

Yeah, that one is crazy. My guess is that it's doing some weird "pretend I'm an Xbox 360 client browsing the legacy store" nonsense to call up the price, which is odd because you can see them on the old 360 web store just fine without jumping through hoops.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I had a weird pricing thing with Skate 3 BC where if you tried to do stuff with the online pass it would charge you $5 while you could just go to the store in the Xbox One interface and download it for free. I could be misremembering but I think I got all the way to check out and about to pay five bucks before I exited out and saw I could get it for free.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I recently bought Forza Horizon 3 mostly because of seeing so many peoples praise for the Hot Wheels expansion, but I've also been in an arcade racer mood lately. The FH series just hits all the pleasure centers of my brain, I absolutely love how these games mix a good amount of realism and fun arcadeyness. FH4 kinda spoiled me with 60fps though, but I can't wait for FH5!

What's the next best thing outside of the FH series? I hear Wreckfest is pretty good, and some of the newer NFS games are enjoyable.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Dirt rally 2.0 is real good.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Laserface posted:

Dirt rally 2.0 is real good.

agreed

That game is S-tier butthole clencher when you're doing a long rear end rain stage. I also like how they tried to mitigate people's tendency to want to restart any race they crash on or gently caress up real bad with the limited restarts.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

graventy posted:

Once again the Xbox thread is threatened by discussion of Sony exclusives.

There is something deeply beautiful and poetic about the fact that this derail is about Crash loving Bandicoot of all properties.

Truly a metaphor for the Xbox in our time.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So if I don't want my Gamepass subscription to renew next month I just select "turn off recurring billing" on my Microsoft account correct?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
conveniently drop your xbone into your nearest hellmouth

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think you can just cancel your gamepass and it will say that it will just end your subscription when it runs out. But don't blame me if that doesn't work.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Well, son of a bitch I found a guy on eBay who would replace my HDMI retimer chip on my Xbox One X for fairly cheap and that totally did the trick. Here’s hoping it lasts until fall :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Gamepass is pretty cool. A fair share of quality titles that I may have bought on Steam sale is all there for a fraction of their retail price.