Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

UT and UT2004 ruled, playing Onslaught is still one of my favorite online experiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fart Car '97 posted:

I think it's almost certain Warzone will continue on as its own branch and will draw seasonal content and maps based on whatever the current IW title is. They've clearly laid the groundwork for that being the case with this title. The campaign, co-op, multiplayer & warzone elements of "Modern Warfare" are already by and large compartmentalized. Fortnite has proven you can just re-vamp the ingame content and call it "Chapter 2" so they don't even need to make the case for it being a new business model. The real question is whether or not Blackout will continue as a pseudo-cod or if they'll just really lean into the high-action wacky BR style and let Modern Warfare be the more tacticool BR.

Blackout is dead and running on maintenance for those that still playing. It's going to be a miracle if Treyarch manages to launch a complete game with less than 2 years of crunch time. They're not making the same mistake they did in BLOPS4 of trying to mantain and support different platforms. Thankfully, zombies is 100% completed from a story point so they can safely skip it this year. They're going to focus on MP and if they have more time a campaign.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

veni veni veni posted:

I need to stop playing Warzone late at night. If I play in the evening I generally do really well, but once 11 pm rolls around it turns into the sweatiest fuckfest and turns me into a rager. Like, it literally gets 5 times harder to do well once all of the COD dads go to bed. I think I'm gonna give myself a WZ curfew I should not be playing games at 1 am anyways lol.

As a COD dad the only time i get to play is after 11 once everyone else in my house is asleep. Maybe this is why I do terribly at night. That or the beer and sleep deprivation, hard to say.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i think ill continue to stay out of wz

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

codo27 posted:

Dont know what it would ever take to redeem the arena shooter though.

easy

INFINITY WARD PRESENTS
CALL OF DUTY: SYNAPTIC

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i am cursed with having no COD friends but i'd like to play some wz squads. what do goons?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Is there a goon regiment and is it okay to be a lovely casual f2p warzone cod dad that ruins every plunder match by constantly dying and losing all of the money?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i am cursed with having no COD friends but i'd like to play some wz squads. what do goons?

Check reddit.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

titties posted:

Is there a goon regiment and is it okay to be a lovely casual f2p warzone cod dad that ruins every plunder match by constantly dying and losing all of the money?

You should consider playing plunder the proper way, constantly diving on the top earners trying to murder them and not worrying about collecting loot.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

JaySB posted:

You should consider playing plunder the proper way, constantly diving on the top earners trying to murder them and not worrying about collecting loot.

that sounds way more fun than whatever the gently caress i just did in wz

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Statutory Ape posted:

that sounds way more fun than whatever the gently caress i just did in wz

WZ is fun once you learn power positions and how to rotate into circles properly and run around on a murderous rampage. You won't win often but you'll get in a lot of gunfights.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ive never let winnign getting in the way of a well timed stun or RPG

got the stats to prove it too

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You can keep the pace of WZ fast and fun if you just grab every objective that comes your way. Also playing with a group is basically essential. I won't even play unless we have 3 or more so we don't have to have a pubbie or be outnumbered.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

JaySB posted:

WZ is fun once you learn power positions and how to rotate into circles properly and run around on a murderous rampage. You won't win often but you'll get in a lot of gunfights.

I mean just play the regular game then??? Why people want to be in gunfights and not have a game they can spend 45 minutes running around collecting loot is beyond me.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I prefer doing contracts but it's extremely rare I find squadmates who feel the same way, seems 95% of players prefer looting which I think is mostly boring and lame.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i think there should be a permanent shipment only ladder playlist. those that accrue tenure/skill(lol)/idk within the playlist advance through its ranks. each rank increases the player count. there is no limit to the ranks.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

I mean just play the regular game then??? Why people want to be in gunfights and not have a game they can spend 45 minutes running around collecting loot is beyond me.

Why people want to spend 45 minutes running around collecting loot and not getting in gunfights is beyond me. Regular MP suffers from insanely short TTK, mostly bad maps, and somewhat unfun game modes. Also, WZ can be a nice change of pace from Domination and Hardpoint.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

sinburger posted:

As a COD dad the only time i get to play is after 11 once everyone else in my house is asleep. Maybe this is why I do terribly at night. That or the beer and sleep deprivation, hard to say.

11pm weeknights is when it goes from "shooting the poo poo and shoot the mans with tha boys" to "unfun bullshit thanks to pro team skin wearing ultra nerds" in my experience too.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Pretty sure I read that Warzone will be ported to Series X & PS5 and that they plan to keep updating it with stuff from the new call of duty games.

Also many thanks to the fellow who posted the Uzi hipfire build, that thing loving rips. I already loved the Uzi and this just makes it even more fun.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Ran into a bug. Party kept leaving me behind somehow?

Like the match would start for 2/3 of the party, but then I'm still on the "host is looking for a match" screen. But like the host is in a game already.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Cross play is really great, I have two groups of friends and they are both staunchly xbox and PS4. They know each other for the most part but not enough that you'd get anyone to ditch their existing library of games/cheevos to switch platforms to increase our player base.

Hopefully more games do it in the future, particularly battlefield 80000 whenever that comes out (hopefully its just like BF4 but with better visuals). Its a bit janky at times due to chat not playing nice when you first add/play with someone but once you get past that its usually just the PC players who drop out every other game.

The amount of people that quit a lobby pre-game when they see a team full of the same clan tag is pretty funny.

Also, if you are having trouble seeing your stats track for attachment unlocks, I find quitting the game to dashboard (on xbox highlight the game tile then press start>quit) and restarting the game rather than resuming from your last session makes tracking work correctly. It also makes the live online friends list update in almost real time like it should, instead of having your last sessions players showing as online when they arent.

Whoever suggested that the Patches are working on a tick/tock build is probably right. the last patch and the one before that, this was not an issue. it only came back after the most recent update.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

What's the deal with the full auto Renetti pistols? Is that some upgrade? I've got none of the pistol stuff.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Finally picked this up on PS4 so hopefully I'll get to play with goons sometime soon.

Also jesus christ I have never seen a game as utterly disrespectful of storage space as this one. The base game is like 140 gigs and then I need to download another 30 gigs of update packs to play SP and MP and then like 3 more packs of god knows of many gigs to play whatever the Special Ops mode is. And then you need to keep all that space open every time there's a minor update? I'm genuinely curious how they managed to do this, other than just not bothering to optimize whatsoever.

Time to finally bite the bullet and buy an external drive I guess since otherwise my PS4 will only be able to have 2 games installed on it at any given time.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

There has to be massive duplication of assets for the HDD's head to land on randomly, because the game doesn't take as long to load as the ridiculous size would lead you to believe.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So are the full auto pistols the best cqb weapons? Been running the MP5, but feel like I get really outclassed by those. Any particular pistol that's best?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Unlocked the crossbow yesterday playing hardcore. Stayed in hardcore, and it is loving amazing. Once I got the explosive bolts it is some of the most fun I have had in forever. Everyone I just quick draw on is pissed. On close maps I run a pistol as my main and then use the bow like a rpg. Even on big maps you can win a one on one by taking pop shots that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HIT! And people die from the explosions. I’m having so much fun that I have now unlocked all the attachments for like 3 pistols. I’ll have the snake shots right when they are dead.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I unlocked my first gold gun.

It's beautiful.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Warzone's going to be a lot harder since you have to use only that gun forever now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Time to level and pimp out an uzi to live out my 80s action movie fantasies I suppose.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The purple/gold pickups for both the AUG and RAM 7 might be the most worthless configurations you could possibly make for both guns that I’m pretty sure whatever intern designed them has never actually played the game.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Live At Five! posted:

Also many thanks to the fellow who posted the Uzi hipfire build, that thing loving rips. I already loved the Uzi and this just makes it even more fun.
It's really great

I took out the full hipfire idiocy 9mm M4 w. Shortest barrel/Merc/no-stock/5mw and the few people I was able to bait near me got shredded and it's hilarious. It still uses AR ammo though so it's kinda no-go.

The new info about short barrels and no-stock improving hipfire has opened up some great gimmicks

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

appropriatemetaphor posted:

What's the deal with the full auto Renetti pistols? Is that some upgrade? I've got none of the pistol stuff.
It's not full-auto, it's 3 round burst fire. However the ROF is insane and most people run them akimbo so it might as well be fully automatic. Burst is a barrel attachment and akimbo is a perk.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hey guys, quick question, does going through the weapon master challenges worth the legendary weapon you unlock at the end? I'm currently working towards obtaining the 'Steel Curtain' AK challenge, but the attachments on it doesnt seem to be all that different from the attachments I already have for my AK, is it just an aesthetic thing or are these fancy unlockable weapons better at a base level?

Also I fixed my game issues, turns out the player profile folder was corrupted somehow so all I had to do was delete it and the game is now working 100% again, thank goodness I didnt need to re-install it.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The blueprints from completing challenges only use the exact same attachments you unlock by playing with the gun anyway, you just get to access them before their normal unlock level. Aesthetically they might be slightly different. If you’re an extreme noob with a gun having some blueprints with attachments that don’t suck can make levelling it slightly easier but it’s not a huge deal. Mainly I just complete challenges out of a desire to see numbers go up.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DaddyBigBucks posted:

UT and UT2004 ruled, playing Onslaught is still one of my favorite online experiences.

Ah man, just seeing UT 2004 Onslaught being mentioned brought on a whole heap of memories. Those where the days, free map packs, community map packs, mods, mutators... The Assault gamemode deserves a mention; especially the map where you either attack or defend a Convoy of huge armoured vehicles as they barrel down the desert at top speed. I feel arena shooters might get a foothold in todays saturated market by really pushing the envelope like UT2004 did.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i think as games become easier to develop we'll see more things ride the retro wave that resemble arena shooters

sadly game devs seemed to realize its a better business model to lock everything down. cant even make a custom server or playlist anymore. i dont crave or need the economics of the mod scene anymore, but i miss the huge range of people at least TRYING to make something new

E: that being said, i wish my adult wallet had been lucky enough to buy half life and then ride that wave for 5 years, instead of my parents being the ones that lucked out and only had to drop $60 on one game lol

Worf fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 16, 2020

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Butterfly Valley posted:

The blueprints from completing challenges only use the exact same attachments you unlock by playing with the gun anyway, you just get to access them before their normal unlock level. Aesthetically they might be slightly different. If you’re an extreme noob with a gun having some blueprints with attachments that don’t suck can make levelling it slightly easier but it’s not a huge deal. Mainly I just complete challenges out of a desire to see numbers go up.

Blueprint guns also typically have different iron sights than the normal ones.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So are the full auto pistols the best cqb weapons? Been running the MP5, but feel like I get really outclassed by those. Any particular pistol that's best?

akimbo burst renettis with 27 round mags are like a shotgun that never has to stop firing. you can click each gun nine times before you have to reload and even in warzone its not going to take more than two clicks per gun to kill somebody in shotgun range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

the best part of akimbo renettis is that even at long range you can poo poo out 54 bullets so fast that you can pistol snipe somebody or at least kill steal somebody