Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Internet Wizard posted:

What’s worse, a backwards eotech or an airsoft knockoff that is supposed to look like a backwards eotech

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Internet Wizard posted:

What’s worse, a backwards eotech or an airsoft knockoff that is supposed to look like a backwards eotech

What about buying the airsoft one and putting it on backwards so it looks like you have an EOTech on the right way?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Was it this thread where someone said if you dropped a wrench into a x thousand dollar aircraft engine you'd do x thousand dollar of damage? I could have swore it was a few pages back where people were talking about pilots losing a patch but I can't find it

e: nvm I found it in the milhist thread

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
The Forbidden Windchime

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wKPTWXD2Z0

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

McNally posted:

The Forbidden Windchime

Aka the KC-46

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Random memory of the time I as a not lab person had to set up and explain the most idiot proof piece of lab equipment to an Army lab tech. To be fair this was also the Army group who sent a surgeon who had never done a surgery to an active war zone. Highlight was pulling a piece of equipment out of a tent in the middle of winter and him being super confused when the piece of equipment read “out of temperature range” when it was turned on. Lowlight was the nurse who didn’t know how to use an oxygen tank.

I think I wrote earlier about how this group did their emergency dry run with an opium overdose instead of like an IED amputation or a gunshot wound like we had been receiving multiple times a day for weeks on end.

They did have a guy who was super short and bald and looked exactly like Krilin from DBZ so that kind of made up for how most of them seemed to have some sort of learning disability.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Cenen posted:

Random memory of the time I as a not lab person had to set up and explain the most idiot proof piece of lab equipment to an Army lab tech. To be fair this was also the Army group who sent a surgeon who had never done a surgery to an active war zone. Highlight was pulling a piece of equipment out of a tent in the middle of winter and him being super confused when the piece of equipment read “out of temperature range” when it was turned on. Lowlight was the nurse who didn’t know how to use an oxygen tank.

I think I wrote earlier about how this groupdid their emergency dry run with an opium overdose instead of like an IED amputation or a gunshot wound like we had been receiving multiple times a day for weeks on end.

They did have a guy who was super short and bald and looked exactly like Krilin from DBZ so that kind of made up for how most of them seemed to have some sort of learning disability.

An opiate overdose is like, the easiest thing in the world to deal with. Why would anyone ever think that needs to take training priority over multi system trauma?

(It’s basically a flow chart. If it was recent, ventilate and narcan until they’re breathing right. Not til they’re awake, though that’s pretty common, just til they’re breathing on their own. If it was long enough that they’ve arrested, do ACLS til they’re either not dead anymore or it’s time to go “welp, that’s all their is”. I’m pretty sure I’ve done opiate overdoses in my sleep.)

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I mean basically everything you're doing can be captured in a flowchart.

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018
Tbf if you’re trying to get back to napping above all else it’s a better option than actual training of any kind

aphid_licker posted:

I mean basically everything you're doing can be captured in a flowchart.

“Give narcan” is a pretty short process compared to polytrauma

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Jesus, I'm trying to imagine doing years of medical training and not knowing how to use an oxygen tank. It boggles my mind because I was taught that multiple times as an EMR and then as an EMT, and yearly re-certification classes have an "here's how you put in a nasal canula and here's why".

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Don’t get my wrong I love your California fire fighter special ed stories but believe me when I have to point at you and say hey look at this guy. I attended training on life support equipment with someone who was like semi literate and someone who was drat near entirely illiterate and they both passed.

Edit: I feel bad for White Guy, I owe you at least two (2) stories of like way worse oxygen tank usage when I sober up.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 12, 2020

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Cenen posted:

Don’t get my wrong I love your California fire fighter special ed stories but believe me when I have to point at you and say hey look at this guy. I attended training on life support equipment with someone who was like semi literate and someone who was drat near entirely illiterate and they both passed.

Edit: I feel bad for White Guy, I owe you at least two (2) stories of like way worse oxygen tank usage when I sober up.

Ah thanks bud :3:.

One of the corpsmembers in my first EMR training was straight up, legit, the most dyslexic dude I have ever met. Any kind of reading at all was basically out of the question. Dude legit would have to turn to his A-driver and ask him what the speed limit was because he couldn't read the road sign. But dude had a mind like a steel trap, and was masterfully skilled with rocks and wood. I watched him refurbish an old drain with a bunch of rock debris, and turned what was basically a muddy hole into this smooth and properly running drain in the span of a day. He passed thankfully, the paramedic teaching the class had to dictate the test to him. Yeah, my time in the CCC is basically littered with some real special ed motherfuckers, but every once in a while, I got a kid who was intelligent or at the least, useful in some other way.

We had this one girl, little V. Girl was the most autistic person I met in my time there, and I met a lot of autistic people. She couldn't be taught proper hand tool use because she was so loving autistic. But holy gently caress did she work hard. This girl was about 5'0, if that. 130 lbs soaking wet. She would be rolling live green 30 inch logs, worst physical form you ever saw, back bent like a bow, up hills. She worked so hard and with such awful form it made your back hurt. Now she's a firefighter, probably first pulaski, annoying her squad boss with repetitive and silly questions.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/TomHeartsTanks/status/1261444775640588288

:salute:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Goddamn I love dick art, one of the few things we do right

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1g-aBBt-UI

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PathAsc posted:

Goddamn I love dick art, one of the few things we do right

I gotta get me a copy of the coffee table book of dick art that one goon did.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The first ever successful goon project, courtesy of GiP

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I got two - one for me, one for a yet to be determined defense library or prude commander's bookshelf.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Same

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
We need to do another run of the dick book, updated with new dick art but also keeping the classics. I bought a book each time we did a run of them.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Whenever we needed to go to another ship, one of my techs made it his mission to draw dicks in weird places everywhere he could. Behind pipes, in covers, slip a dick on a postit into the napkin dispenser.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Lou Takki posted:

...slip a dick on a postit into the napkin dispenser.

I will glady carry on this proud tradition.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Draw a dick on a blank piece of copy paper and stick it back in the copier paper supply about halfway down.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Midjack posted:

Draw a dick on a blank piece of copy paper and stick it back in the copier paper supply about halfway down.

did that to a bunch of border patrol printers when i was down there. Took them months to find them all.

oddly I think the one i drew on the whiteboard and put the eraser in front of lasted longest.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

I really appreciated "I don't have PTSD from Iraq, I have PTSD from Ft Polk!"

Also, I'm down for another dick book.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

madeintaipei posted:

I will glady carry on this proud tradition.

His dicks were never artistic masterpieces or anything, but real solid dependable basic pen on paper dicks. You knew exactly how much dick you were getting from him.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If you browse through your bookmarks and haven’t seen the “a bed pisser tries to send me to die in Somalia” thread yet, you absolutely must. It’s wonderful idiocy.

Link:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922373&perpage=40

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I am equal parts horrified and fascinated :downs:

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

Ceiling fan posted:

Also, I'm down for another dick book.

Same here

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I'd buy a dickbook 3rd printing. Frankly I'm down for the entire set.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Godholio posted:

I'd buy a dickbook 3rd printing. Frankly I'm down for the entire set.

Same

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
yeah I got money for this, someone who can make it happen

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
I would definitely seize the chance to get a full-size book

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Time Life’s Encyclopedia of the Global War on Terror will have an entire volume devoted to dick drawings

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

What uhhh are leave travel policies like for the navy like right now because some boot got picked up in Norfolk for seven attempted murder charges stemming from a gang shootout in Myrtle Beach this weekend

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article242831056.html

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

shame on an IGA posted:

What uhhh are leave travel policies like for the navy like right now because some boot got picked up in Norfolk for seven attempted murder charges stemming from a gang shootout in Myrtle Beach this weekend

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article242831056.html

They actually hit people? poo poo, he did better than that ranger platoon did in that street shootout ages ago.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

not caring here posted:

They actually hit people? poo poo, he did better than that ranger platoon did in that street shootout ages ago.

One of the dudes they're still looking for is out on 50k bond on three attempted murder charges for doing a drive by on one of my neighbor's houses back in october. Which happened while he was out on 5k bond for benzo distribution, which happened while he was out on a 3k bond for malicious injury to a courthouse.

Chesterfield County gonna have some 'splainin to do.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
yeah how the police are gonna spend that 58k+ in forfeited bonds, homie! MRAP TIME!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Scratch Monkey posted:

yeah how the police are gonna spend that 58k+ in forfeited bonds, homie! MRAP TIME!

There was a huge scandal here a decade ago where our county sheriff kept signing his favorite inmate out to do construction work for him and indulge his c*** fetish but ultimately the only charge they could get to stick was misappropriation of funds from the dayroom vending machine