Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

classic casualty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Looke posted:

Good episode of Friday Night Dinner, felt like a set up to end the show. Really hope it isn't though.

Simon Bird apparently let slip in an interview that he wasn't doing any more, prompting Robert Popper to say that "He gets to say when FND is done, and if he wants to do more, there will be more."

That could possibly mean going forward without Adam, and i'm not sure that would really work within the family dynamic of the show.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Dell_Zincht posted:

Simon Bird apparently let slip in an interview that he wasn't doing any more, prompting Robert Popper to say that "He gets to say when FND is done, and if he wants to do more, there will be more."

That could possibly mean going forward without Adam, and i'm not sure that would really work within the family dynamic of the show.

Think Simon knows what flogging a dead horse looks like and doesn’t want to do it again

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Total Meatlove posted:

Think Simon knows what flogging a dead horse looks like and doesn’t want to do it again

Hey, the first Inbetweeners Movie was actually quite good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I liked the first for the most part, and I wasn’t the biggest fan of the show.

We don’t talk about the second.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I'm a Kevin and Perry Go Large fan, myself :slick:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

crispix posted:

I'm a Kevin and Perry Go Large fan, myself :slick:

big girl, big girl

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Funnily enough after watching the first movie, I came home and watched K&P. Even back then it didn’t hold up brilliantly, great loving soundtrack though. And the commentary was a good one, as you find out the clubs in Ibiza look so rough from the outside they had to make their own fascia for the movie.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Charlie B has said he's not working on any more Black Mirror and thinks any more is unlikely.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Other people are producing entire series that seem like extensions of his shows (Upload, Devs, there's even a Korean show on Netflix about AR set in Spain), he can just sit back and see where everyone else goes with it all now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pablo Bluth posted:

Charlie B has said he's not working on any more Black Mirror and thinks any more is unlikely.

Thank God.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Pablo Bluth posted:

Good. I hope he does a good wipe now

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/black-mirror-charlie-brooker-annabel-jones-netflix-endemol-shine-group-1203478778/

Looks like it's the result of a three-way gone wrong (Brooker & Jones / Endemol / Netflix). Brooker & Jones have already setup a new company so I reckon we'll see Netflix fund a new Brooker project.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Dell_Zincht posted:

Hey, the first Inbetweeners Movie was actually quite good.

Yea. Honestly Inbetweeners did stop when it was done even if there's a second rubbish movie.
It's canon that they're dead by the way.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Antiviral Wipe was great, makes me miss the old Brooker!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I thought it was hilarious but depressing. Watching how it unfolded was infuriating.

However, I had never seen that amazing Elton John clip before.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I’M DILL DANDING

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
A man who looks like a prematurely aged TinTin after watching his dog drown.

One of the greatest lines of all time.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Kin posted:

A man who looks like a prematurely aged TinTin after watching his dog drown.

One of the greatest lines of all time.

When I read this I pictured Vic Reeves saying this about Jack Dee.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I enjoyed the wipe but I feel like Cunk/Shitpeas going over stuff that's ridiculous but true came across weird this time. Probably because it's literally killing people right this moment, I dunno

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah I hope the guy she interviewed was in on it or its just a cruel thing to be doing at the moment.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

The Cunk interviews quite often leave me feeling a bit cold. It’s one thing to do the fake idiot interview thing if it’s Ali G wasting the time of some prick, but Cunk’s stuff is often some academic who’s probably all excited to get on the beeb to help drum up some funding for their field.

Still, good to have Wipe back, hopefully there will be a few more now there’s noises that Black Mirror is done for now.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

I always assumed that the Cunk interviewees were in on it from the start
am I hopelessly naive?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I mean I hope they are or they got a sense of humor and a fat stack.

I am amazed the comedians that do them both aren't tired now, but then again stupid people are and endless goldmine.

I hope the next Wipe is done when things are better.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I thought at first it was one of those interviews where they ask normal questions and then replace it with funny ones in the edit. But then he answered the spider question.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

I mean I hope they are or they got a sense of humor and a fat stack.

I am amazed the comedians that do them both aren't tired now, but then again stupid people are and endless goldmine.

I hope the next Wipe is done when things are better.

Al Campbell (Shitpeas) is more known for being a writer and producer than being a comedian, the only thing he's really appeared on telly as, is in fact Barry.

Obviously Diane Morgan is different but it was the Cunk character that gave the actress her big break.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I hope they consider doing more/giving it a go outside those two characters.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

I hope they consider doing more/giving it a go outside those two characters.

Diane Morgan has hitched herself to Gervais' wagon

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
She used to do sketch comedy with Joe Wilkinson too. Also token northern voiceover work because that’s all people ever want from us lot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dell_Zincht posted:

Diane Morgan has hitched herself to Gervais' wagon

Oh dear.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maybe I’ll finally watch that show and just hope Diane’s awesomeness more than balances out Gervais’ smugness.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe I’ll finally watch that show and just hope Diane’s awesomeness more than balances out Gervais’ smugness.

you'll be disappointed

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Boo.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Cerv posted:

you'll be disappointed

It's a horrible show. It was horrible in s1 as well, but with the suggestion of redemption at the end. But I watched the first one or two episodes of S2 and no, it's just him being a tremendous prick to everyone while the rest of the cast tell him how lovely he actually is again.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The only good thing about that Gervais show is the supporting cast and any scenes they have that don't include Gervais, but Morgan is barely even in it.

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

Maybe I'm not cynical enough and too generally naive, but I liked After Life alright. But it's definitely true that the supporting cast are much more watchable and sympathetic than Gervais' character. And it relies on people saying "oval office" who you wouldn't expect to say "oval office" a lot.

But the ending scene of Series 2 where he nearly commits suicide with a bunch of sleeping pills that had been clumsily mentioned earlier in the same episode and nowhere else in the show was incredibly hamfisted

Also liked the mini Phoneshop cast reunion. That show was great.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I never understood the nostalgia people had for Phoneshop. I remember sitting down to watch the first episode and wishing I’d drank bleach instead it was so bad. I’m sure it must’ve improved, but still.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Bogmonster posted:

But the ending scene of Series 2 where he nearly commits suicide with a bunch of sleeping pills that had been clumsily mentioned earlier in the same episode and nowhere else in the show was incredibly hamfisted
I'm not a stranger to grief, and I know its a complicated emotion and its something that you never truly get over, but there were multiple points in the second season where I was so bored of him saying the same stuff over and over again that I started thinking "alright mate your wife died, get over it yeah?"

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bogmonster posted:

Maybe I'm not cynical enough and too generally naive, but I liked After Life alright. But it's definitely true that the supporting cast are much more watchable and sympathetic than Gervais' character. And it relies on people saying "oval office" who you wouldn't expect to say "oval office" a lot.

Also liked the mini Phoneshop cast reunion. That show was great.

I enjoyed After Life. Series 1 was better than Series 2 though, and he's on about doing a third, which would be a first for him.

I agree it's the supporting cast that make the show, though. David Earl is a seriously underrated actor and it was nice to see Paul Kaye get to be even more vile in Series 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bogmonster posted:

And it relies on people saying "oval office" who you wouldn't expect to say "oval office" a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C26xJT4BT0E&t=902s