Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

gently caress, I forgot how hard the run into Nellis is. Is there a good trick I’m forgetting?

Either download a sprint mod, or take the train tunnel near the deathclaws and hug the cliffside until you reach the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Keep to the left until you hit the fence.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You can also gobble a bunch of Turbos and just run for it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Two turbos should do it no problem, one with Chemist. Did a no-healing run and that was how I managed it.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Is there any way to get large amounts of Turbo? No one sells it in bulk, and the recipe the Great Khans give you sucks to mass-produce. It's basically a cheat code to win any battle so that's probably for the best, but just once I'd love to have all the Turbo I need at low levels.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Basic Chunnel posted:

Keep to the left until you hit the fence.

this is it, it's insane that anyone ever has any difficulty with this

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

this is it, it's insane that anyone ever has any difficulty with this

I went hard left because I remembered it working but I’d usually get splatted by a car going up as a secondary explosion.

UED Special Ops
Oct 21, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

Either download a sprint mod, or take the train tunnel near the deathclaws and hug the cliffside until you reach the fence.

One note for the train tunnel, the door to it is locked with a very hard lock, so need to get lockpick to 100 to bust it open. There actually is a key to said tunnel but it was sadly cut/removed. But yeah, ignore the instructions you can buy from the guy betting that you can't make the run, hug the far left cliff and pop a Turbo and/or Med-X if you have one for safety.

Chamale posted:

Is there any way to get large amounts of Turbo? No one sells it in bulk, and the recipe the Great Khans give you sucks to mass-produce. It's basically a cheat code to win any battle so that's probably for the best, but just once I'd love to have all the Turbo I need at low levels.

Sadly not really, best bet is buying it from Jack at Red Rock Drug Lab, Dr. Straus in Novac, Gomorrah bartenders oddly enough, or killing/pick-pocketing Power Gangers as they have a chance to spawn with one sometimes. Rest of it tends to be just one or two of em in various spots scattered around the map.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The only thing that's tough to get for the recipe is cazador tubes, and a ton of those spawn around red rock.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Just tried reinstalling for the first time in forever and looks like Project Nevada is broken? Only mod I had and it locks up immediately :negative:

Forums indicate it's a new problem. gently caress.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A guy has been uploading individual features from Project Nevada over the past couple months, most notably the cyberware module. The PN mod itself is more or less out of date nowadays and I'm just waiting for a few of the features left to be re-uploaded as individual mods before I merge them all back into Nevada 2.0

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Just tried reinstalling for the first time in forever and looks like Project Nevada is broken? Only mod I had and it locks up immediately :negative:

Forums indicate it's a new problem. gently caress.

I had this problem when I brazenly migrated my entire NV install to a new drive. Try installing mod configuration menu manually

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I'll give it a shot. I really liked Project Nevada...

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'll give it a shot. I really liked Project Nevada...

I'd highly recommend replacing it, we're talking about a mod that runs nearly 20 scripts every, single, FRAME - that's practically guaranteed to cause issues, save bloat for sure.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

I'd highly recommend replacing it, we're talking about a mod that runs nearly 20 scripts every, single, FRAME - that's practically guaranteed to cause issues, save bloat for sure.
FIY: That's not really true. The scripting engine used in Bethesda's codebase before Skyrim does not have the same problems the Papyrus scripting language has. Save bloat won't happen in the same way for example.
Also lovely modders who didn't know what they were doing and making lovely scripts for Skyrim really traumatized people with regards to scripts, to the point where the word "script" has become almost evil in modding. Having stuff running in GameMode isn't that bad. There are better ways of doing it nowadays, but in most setups you're only going to see any negative impact in performance if you obsessivly run all kinds of performance logging.

That said: There are alternatives to Project Nevada available that are actively maintained and better put together. So no reason not to use them instead of PN.:shrug:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Interesting. Thanks all. Goes to show how long it's been since I've played or messed around with NV...

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

i'm digging vnv but i hate todd. can i just kill his audio or something, +1 charisma perk is really good but i can't stand to hear him talk

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

sounds like it was recorded with a $10 desktop mic.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Todd? Todd Howard?

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Is there a mod that adds Todd Howard to this game because I've been thinking about reinstalling and that would absolutely kick me over the edge. In fact I think I'll reinstall right now just to be sure.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Vavrek posted:

Is there a mod that adds Todd Howard to this game because I've been thinking about reinstalling and that would absolutely kick me over the edge. In fact I think I'll reinstall right now just to be sure.

Feast your eyes on this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59564

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Vavrek posted:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

lol not him, its a companion that is normal height.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
There should be one that adds a Muggy-sized Todd called Toddy to the Sink, with appropriate voice modulation.

The Slab version can be called Hot Toddy.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

anyhow

what are some good mods worth adding that vnv doesn't cover? cyberware seems cool but potentially op.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cyberware is balanced because to get the most out of it you need to invest in perks. And they're expensive.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Cyberware is awesome just for the implant that gives you the different vision modes without having to equip a specific armor item to get them. All that stuff is for dress up first and stats second, imo

albany academy posted:

anyhow

what are some good mods worth adding that vnv doesn't cover? cyberware seems cool but potentially op.

Would you mind spelling out vnv? I've been doing this sort of thing for a while, but I've never heard of it, and searches are not coming up with much.

VV I'm an idiot. I was lookin for 1 specific mod, not the guide. Derp. VV

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 16, 2020

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Mooktastical posted:

Cyberware is awesome just for the implant that gives you the different vision modes without having to equip a specific armor item to get them. All that stuff is for dress up first and stats second, imo

Would you mind spelling out vnv? I've been doing this sort of thing for a while, but I've never heard of it, and searches are not coming up with much

https://vivanewvegas.github.io/

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

truth is, the game was todd's from the start

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

yeah viva new vegas, recommended to me a few pages back. its got some really good stuff.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
All right, you've all sold me on Viva New Vegas.

...so I got like ten minutes into setting up and Vanilla UI+ is complaining that it's overwritten by another mod. Yes it is, it's intended to be, "Vanilla HUD Remastered" has a deliberate patch to be compatible with VUI+ and I selected it, so why is it complaining and how do I stop it? I want to overwrite it. I know my load order.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 16, 2020

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...so I got like ten minutes into setting up and Vanilla UI+ is complaining that it's overwritten by another mod. Yes it is, it's intended to be, "Vanilla HUD Remastered" has a deliberate patch to be compatible with VUI+ and I selected it, so why is it complaining and how do I stop it? I want to overwrite it. I know my load order.

I just ignored anything that wasn't specified in the guide basically. are you using mo2?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

albany academy posted:

I just ignored anything that wasn't specified in the guide basically. are you using mo2?
I am. And it is specified in the guide - I'm not going off the rails here because I don't trust NV to hold together if I do.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
This thread has inspired me to start another playthrough. Haven't played past the first few hours or so since it came out. Sided with the powder gangers in goodsprings for the first time ever, feels bad man. Did all the viva new Vegas stuff so hopefully I can keep going this time

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

BB2K posted:

This thread has inspired me to start another playthrough. Haven't played past the first few hours or so since it came out. Sided with the powder gangers in goodsprings for the first time ever, feels bad man. Did all the viva new Vegas stuff so hopefully I can keep going this time

You can hold finishing the shootout quest to complete the Powder Ganger quest chain which leads to a twist (I ain't gonna spoil for you) then finish the shootout later if you want to side with Ringo.

Also, remind me to not patch you up in the upcoming apocalypse, you monster :colbert:

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
Doc Mitchell was the last one to go, didn't wanna do it but all my powder ganger friends were already dead

Was actually planning on going to the prison first, but with jsawyer mod I felt like I really needed that first level up and some equipment

Could this be a legion run too? Seems messed up but hey I already did goodsprings in

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's just so terribly inconvenient killing him when Doc is the only guy within 100 miles capable of fixing all the limbs I destroy stepping on land mines

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Speaking of, replaying on hardcore for the first time in forever and do not recall breaking this many limbs this frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

is it saying aomething in MO? cause it will always say something in MO

its supposed to do

if its crying in game i have no idea because i dont like vnv's choice in mods (and i dont trust anyone who thinks YUP is necessary)