Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

grieving for Gandalf posted:

no........ how could they

You could also fill the water with blocks and then quit/reload, I think that still works. Other than that, yeah, you'll have to pour that water elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Or get a Super-Absorbent Sponge but I forget if that's something from a mod or not.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I didn't know there were pumps and that's my new Terraria Goal

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I just started playing Terraria with friends a couple weeks ago before this patch was announced...oops!

I took a look at the worlds I had from when I had last played Terraria, all the way back in 2011! Pretty sure I beat the game back then too.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Zereth posted:

Or get a Super-Absorbent Sponge but I forget if that's something from a mod or not.

Is an angler reward.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I didn't know there were pumps and that's my new Terraria Goal
You either buy them from the Mechanic or make them with Wire and something else, I forget.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I知 sure it値l take my hosting service a little bit to update so I知 going to aim to fire up a server around noon central.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Bad Munki posted:

I知 sure it値l take my hosting service a little bit to update so I知 going to aim to fire up a server around noon central.

That's in Chicago? Alright, looking forward to it :D

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
howdy champs and champettes

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
As someone who beat the Wall Of Flesh a long time ago, but then never got much through the next (Hard?) game mode, what settings (including world size) should I play with for a new Journey's End game?

For instance, I never really could figure out, for a single player only game, if I should be using small or medium world size.

knob
May 25, 2005

knob
I personally like medium worlds. Large feels tediously big to me, and small is too small and also has a lower elevation where annoying sky mobs start spawning (like harpies and wyvern).

What I can't decide is if I should start with a fresh character or whether or not to jump into journey mode

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SlyFrog posted:

As someone who beat the Wall Of Flesh a long time ago, but then never got much through the next (Hard?) game mode, what settings (including world size) should I play with for a new Journey's End game?

For instance, I never really could figure out, for a single player only game, if I should be using small or medium world size.

I always prefer Medium. It's not unbearably huge like a large world, but there is a much better feeling of exploration than small, at least IMO

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

SlyFrog posted:

Go with large. Especially with the new teleportation mechanics, you're better off maximizing available stuff and space for building.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
What about the difficulty (Journey, Master, etc.)?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

As far as I'm concerned, Journey is now the best way to play the game, especially since it allows you to play any of the other difficulties when you want - you could play on Normal, and then juice it up to Master for just bosses, which is some seriously excellent accessibility and fun.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Do we know if journey mode locks any achievements out? I'm a sucker for little popups.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I want pbat to welcome back us champs and champettes, one last time...

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

GodFish posted:

Do we know if journey mode locks any achievements out? I'm a sucker for little popups.

it does not, journey mode does not lock anything out. you can still get achievements and the master only drops

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

It's out on steam :toot:

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
Any Goons server going on for launch? Do we have a discord or it's only on SynIRC.net?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Welp, game seems to be out. Bad Munki, what's happening? Journey Large server gogogo

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Working on it, assuming the host has updated. If not I値l ping their support, they池e SUPER responsive.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Lamare posted:

Do we have a discord or it's only on SynIRC.net?

I just threw one together if folks want to hang out and talk Terraria. Link here

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm not sure what's going on but I started the game and now I have a birds nest on my head as a hat, and the bird attacks critters. Granted I haven't played in a few years but is that a new thing lol

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
anyone else constantly crashing to desktop on boot? no idea what's causing it, it's not like this game is demanding lol.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

I'm loving these random world names.

Although I'm not sure if the context of this means "Oh no, Shaty's been hurt! :ohdear:" or " I must hurt Shanty! :black101:"

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

creamcorn posted:

anyone else constantly crashing to desktop on boot? no idea what's causing it, it's not like this game is demanding lol.
Have steam verify the local files? That's always my first response to consistent crashes on any steam game.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

creamcorn posted:

Same. Tried doing a verify files and it found and issue, but didn't fix it. Now I'm trying a full reinstall.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jagged Jim posted:

Although I'm not sure if the context of this means "Oh no, Shaty's been hurt! :ohdear:" or " I must hurt Shanty! :black101:"

First one, then the other.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
The Baby's First Wings you now start out with are insanely handy, I love them. Increased block placement/destruction is also super nice.

Mod talk: I can boot and play my tmodloader worlds without issue, but when I try to quit, my mouse cursor freezes on the main menu page and I have to alt-F4 out.

Edit: my bird buddy is a ruthless slime killer.

cyclical fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 16, 2020

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So is there any reason not to play on Journey mode?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Peachfart posted:

Same. Tried doing a verify files and it found and issue, but didn't fix it. Now I'm trying a full reinstall.

Okay, *that* didn't fix it. Maybe a bad config file?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay, small delay on my server. They're getting hammered by people trying to deploy new Terraria servers and apparently suffering a bit of rate limiting from Steam because of that, ha. I'll keep trying.

And confirmed, the server will be in Chicago. I'll make it a large world, Journey. Don't stop believin'.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Internet Kraken posted:

Money duplication can be researched with 100 of a coin. I'm already up to 2 platinum from a fresh character/world and it's still the first night. This mode is hilarious.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Ambaire posted:

Money duplication can be researched with 100 of a coin. I'm already up to 2 platinum from a fresh character/world and it's still the first night. This mode is hilarious.

Whooooops :D

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

INFINITE REFORGES

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Peachfart posted:

yep having the exact same issue, let me know if you figure anything out.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Internet Kraken posted:

Maybe if you really want it hard locked to Master and have two extra accessory slots? Or there's other goodies exclusive to only Expert and/or Master

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Xenaero posted:

Maybe if you really want it hard locked to Master and have two extra accessory slots? Or there's other goodies exclusive to only Expert and/or Master

The accessory slots seamlessly change with the difficulty slider. I bumped it to master and had 6 slots. anything less, 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So there's really no reason not to play on Journey mode?

It feels too good to be true which is why I'm asking. If it's basically "you can pick between normal, expert and master all the time with no penalty and also dupe items" I'm not seeing any downside.

Plus you can turn off corruption spread which means you don't have to wall off your biomes.