Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Iretep posted:

latest episode already showed that even if nicol admits he likes her, her brain will shut down.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. When Geordo tried it she didn't even notice. Meanwhile Nicol doing the same made her pass out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

My favorite gag of the episode was it being undetectable when Nicol smiles. So whenever it shows a shot of his face afterwards I imagined that he was secretly beaming.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Apparently there may or may not be an English dub coming out.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Apparently there may or may not be an English dub coming out.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/05/06/crunchyroll-reveals-full-slate-of-new-and-returning-english-dubs

Crunchyroll's doing it, first episode'll be up on Saturday

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Why won't they say who's in the cast?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They just haven't announced it yet, they say they're going to some time this week.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arist posted:

They just haven't announced it yet, they say they're going to some time this week.

Oh, right, I keep forgetting its only Tuesday. It feels like a Thursday.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In addition to Arist's post, NDA's are no bullshit. They find you saying "Hey, I voiced/recorded/did scripts/etcetera for X, Y and/or Z!" before it's officially out, you can get loving canned. Like if you have a legit senior/mentor in any type of sector of the entertainment industry, first rule they tell you about should be "Shut the gently caress up and keep your head down. Once this is announced in Comiket/SDCC/NAMM/ETC, then you can run your mouth dry". Like unless you have 1000% job security/are "too big to fail", just play it safe.

ninja edit: (Source: Recording Engineer/Composer/Arranger)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oh neat, Johnny Yong Bosch in Tower of God. Haven't heard him since Devilman Crybaby.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Remember that episode when Maria's all like "please just call me Maria" and Catarina was all happy and flustered?

This, and a lot of really Japanese things may be a bit hard to translate literally, I think. I really wonder how they are going to dub it so that it makes sense.

This feels like one of those rare shows that I would be comfortable watching with my niece if she ever wanted to get into anime. The above is only one of a few things that would really need an explanation if you just watch the subs, since (in my own lived experience) typical American culture rarely deals with informal vs formal address among students. I guess a nickname would be one vehicle?

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 13, 2020

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

this is Episode 5, at the 7:30 mark

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

el dorito posted:

Remember that episode when Maria's all like "please just call me Maria" and Catarina was all happy and flustered?

Miss Campbell / Miss Maria / Maria? Not unusual in European culture either to consider title + last name the formal/common address, title + first name less formal, and first name only as familiar.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

nielsm posted:

Miss Campbell / Miss Maria / Maria? Not unusual in European culture either to consider title + last name the formal/common address, title + first name less formal, and first name only as familiar.

Good point.

I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I mean they literally already had to deal with this issue in the sub. That doesn't mean the dub will be the same but it's not an unsolved problem.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Clarste posted:

I mean they literally already had to deal with this issue in the sub. That doesn't mean the dub will be the same but it's not an unsolved problem.

No see the Japanese language is mysterious and full of deep meaning, how could they solve this issue that's come up in basically every anime that ever got dubbed?

It'll be the Miss Campbell/Miss maria to just maria thing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah this isn't an issue. English has honorifics, they're just not used much outside of formal or professional settings. But the archaic setting this anime takes place in you'd expect everybody to be using them.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"Please, you can call me... your main babe."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

"Please, you can call me... your nakama."

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Mary, in the English dub: All according to keikaku

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

el dorito posted:

Mary, in the English dub: All according to keikaku

I'll take a cupcake off the ground... and eat it

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Agronox posted:

I'll take a cupcake off the ground... and eat it

So who is L of this equation?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Keith, although that might be giving him too much credit.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bang? :confused:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

For those who wanted the dub cast:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/05/15/meet-the-english-dub-cast-of-my-next-life-as-a-villainess-all-routes-lead-to-doom

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Jeannie Tirado was cool as Kae in Kiss Him, Not me! so I approve of that casting choice.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Kanos posted:

The first generation to introduce constant swinging as a normal trait of the royal family and high nobility.

Real-world history disagrees on the "introduce" part.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Geordo being voiced by Griffin Burns reminds me that I want a Fate/Grand Order x Hamefura crossover where Bakarina plows through the Singularities because every carefully constructed plan made by the villains gets torn apart by the immense gravitational field of her skull.

Much of this is because every reasonably attractive Servant gains a debilitating crush on her, but that goes without saying.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Supersonic Shine posted:

Geordo being voiced by Griffin Burns reminds me that I want a Fate/Grand Order x Hamefura crossover where Bakarina plows through the Singularities because every carefully constructed plan made by the villains gets torn apart by the immense gravitational field of her skull.

Much of this is because every reasonably attractive Servant gains a debilitating crush on her, but that goes without saying.

Bakarina: “Huh, this Kiyohime girl is weird… why is she always hanging around me? What could she possibly want?”

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

mdct posted:

Mary is straight up the most aggressive of all of Catarina's suitors, go git 'em, girl.
I can't believe Catarina has avoided her doom flag by instead triggering everyone else's doom flag from Mary.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cool, Kira Buckland's in this. It's always good to see someone who started off voicing Retsupurae-bait flash games succeed at life.

And I'm showing my age but it's weird to see Melissa Fahn credited for Digimon instead of Cowboy Bebop.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 15, 2020

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Test Pattern posted:

Real-world history disagrees on the "introduce" part.

I'm giving Isekai World the benefit of the doubt here.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Cool, Kira Buckland's in this. It's always good to see someone who started off voicing Retsupurae-bait flash games succeed at life.

And I'm showing my age but it's weird to see Melissa Fahn credited for Digimon instead of Cowboy Bebop.
To be fair, she's appeared in like 4 different Digimon series.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This episode was sponsored by the Mushroom Council, obviously.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

drat, that was a rude opening! Blindsiding me with tears in my goofy comedy show! Hmph!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Apparently the dub is releasing their first episode today, anyone got a cast list?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Pyrotoad posted:

Apparently the dub is releasing their first episode today, anyone got a cast list?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Even in the Before Times Katarina had harem protagonist face

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Even in the Before Times Katarina had harem protagonist face

:rimshot:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No, my boy Alan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hmm, I'm torn. I feel like Kaguya and President should be #1 because of how wonderful that relationship is, but I also like having a gay couple #1.