Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Most pies/cobblers taste absolutely disgusting and it's only with heavy crust/ice cream that it's even remotely tolerable.

Please stay the gently caress away from my shepherd's pie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

aardwolf posted:

Please stay the gently caress away from my shepherd's pie.

That is an unpopular opinion because all of us are coordinating to steal your shepherds pie

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cottage pie is better than shepherd's pie anyways.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Sex with women is pretty gay. Real men like hard rough things. Guns, knives, buff dudes, etc.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've read the word gay too much and its lost all meaning

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
Homophobia is the gayest thing of all

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, insulting people by calling them gay is a playground tactic. It's weird that adults in favor of gay rights would use the playground tactic of insulting people by calling them gay. If you support gay rights you shouldn't use gay as an insult. You shouldn't try to delegitimize people by suggesting they're gay.

im p. sick of it and the logical implication the insult carries that only gay people are responsible for homophobia

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sanctimonious downers

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CYBEReris posted:

im p. sick of it and the logical implication the insult carries that only gay people are responsible for homophobia

Technically true since, according to Kinsey, we’re all a little gay.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

christmas boots posted:

Technically true since, according to Kinsey, we’re all a little gay.

Oh god, I hate that so loving much. That sucks so bad. If you're a guy who is exclusively attracted to women but, under the correct circumstances, would be willing to have sex with the most attractive man on earth, you aren't "a little gay" you're just straight. Gayness isn't a trait that is dispersed through the population at varying concentrations like poorly mixed kool-aid in a glass of water. There are gay people, and straight people, and bi people, and those are different identities and lead to different experiences, and trying to erase it all by saying "we're all a little bit gay" as if it doesn't matter really gets my goat.

It's like how back in the 00s it was the height of woke comedy to say we could solve racism by just everybody loving people of a different race for generations until everyone is the same color.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Oh god, I hate that so loving much. That sucks so bad. If you're a guy who is exclusively attracted to women but, under the correct circumstances, would be willing to have sex with the most attractive man on earth, you aren't "a little gay" you're just straight. Gayness isn't a trait that is dispersed through the population at varying concentrations like poorly mixed kool-aid in a glass of water. There are gay people, and straight people, and bi people, and those are different identities and lead to different experiences, and trying to erase it all by saying "we're all a little bit gay" as if it doesn't matter really gets my goat.

It's like how back in the 00s it was the height of woke comedy to say we could solve racism by just everybody loving people of a different race for generations until everyone is the same color.

Kind of a weird argument to use labels that help to define a spectrum of sexuality as evidence that sexuality can’t exist on a spectrum.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Higgy posted:

Kind of a weird argument to use labels that help to define a spectrum of sexuality as evidence that sexuality can’t exist on a spectrum.

The argument being made is that sexuality isn't a continuous spectrum but a series of discrete points. (How many points is, of course, the big question.) I've heard the argument before. If you smooth sexuality down to the point where you can't efficiently label it (e.g.; "homosexual," "bisexual," "asexual," etc.), then sexuality becomes a meaningless concept.

I don't understand why you would get mad at there being more gradations than you feel are necessary, but I understand the underlying philosophical argument.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Higgy posted:

Sexuality isn't a spectrum because we live in a society. A person who is .00076% gay isn't gay. they are straight. A person who is 99.8634% gay isn't a little bit straight, they are gay. And they aren't x units of homosexuality more gay than the previously mentioned straight person. They simply, are gay. A person who is attracted to their own gender and also other genders is bisexual. All three of those people have different lives and different experiences because of their sexualities. They face different levels and forms of acceptance or discrimination because of their sexuality. Their sexuality is a component of their identity.

"Everybody is a little bit gay" erases those differences, and from that those identities and their experiences.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
So this is the origin point of all the Bi-phobia people!

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Gripweed posted:

"Everybody is a little bit gay" erases those differences, and from that those identities and their experiences.

'Erase' here is such an overly dramatic word.

I don't know, this sounds like one of those things which could be taken either way, where the narrative used around the idea determines if something is good or bad, and not the idea itself. Depending on how the narrative is concocted 'everybody is a little bit gay' could be a pro-gay idea, but here the narrative you craft makes it an anti-gay thing.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Bi erasure is a real thing, I know because I see twitter personalities complain about it all the time. Me personally, I just gently caress women because that's more convenient, and there are enough hot women out there that the men I find attractive are just gonna have to do without.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gripweed posted:

Sexuality isn't a spectrum because we live in a society. A person who is .00076% gay isn't gay. they are straight. A person who is 99.8634% gay isn't a little bit straight, they are gay. And they aren't x units of homosexuality more gay than the previously mentioned straight person. They simply, are gay. A person who is attracted to their own gender and also other genders is bisexual. All three of those people have different lives and different experiences because of their sexualities. They face different levels and forms of acceptance or discrimination because of their sexuality. Their sexuality is a component of their identity.

What’s the % cutoff?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

christmas boots posted:

What’s the % cutoff?

If I throw 2d10 and it's less than my gay% I immediately start craving cock.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

christmas boots posted:

What’s the % cutoff?

There isn't one. There's not such thing as a percentage gay. It's not a slider in a character creation screen, it's an identity.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

christmas boots posted:

What’s the % cutoff?

69%

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Nice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The new Wolfenstein games are tonal messes. They're sold as "hell yeah kill nazis", the gameplay is dual-wielding shotguns to blow away robot zombie dogs, but the story and presentation is like, BJ mumbling about how sad he is that he saw his friend killed in front of him and now he'll be sad forever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

The new Wolfenstein games are tonal messes. They're sold as "hell yeah kill nazis", the gameplay is dual-wielding shotguns to blow away robot zombie dogs, but the story and presentation is like, BJ mumbling about how sad he is that he saw his friend killed in front of him and now he'll be sad forever.

That’s 90% of FPS’s.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Henchman of Santa posted:

That’s 90% of FPS’s.

Yet another reason Halo is the best FPS

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Truthpoint is a pretty good show

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Jacking off is better than having sex

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well, when you do it, yeah.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well, when you do it, yeah.

That’s what she said.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Gripweed posted:

Agreed. I didn't mind that they added SOME depth to the main character but they just took it so far sometimes. Like when they have you watch your dad beat your mom up and then you confront him later and it's just sooo heavy handed and like, why is this in the middle of my cyborg-nazi killing simulator?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bounced real hard off Wolfenstein the New Order when I noticed you have to push a button to gather CLIPS of BULLETS instead of just walking over them like a decent game.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
The last couple of Wolfenstein's have been amazing "Doom-in-alternate-WW2" games but you need to put the difficulty on easy as it's so unbalanced. I didn't mind the heavy handed story. It felt correct for the setting and character. You can have both emotional pathos and cyberdogs.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I apparently played 3 hours of The New Order and I don't remember a single thing about it other than stealth chucking a knife at a nazi near the start

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

jojoinnit posted:

The last couple of Wolfenstein's have been amazing "Doom-in-alternate-WW2" games but you need to put the difficulty on easy as it's so unbalanced. I didn't mind the heavy handed story. It felt correct for the setting and character. You can have both emotional pathos and cyberdogs.

Play on hardest scrub

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Every* video game should be played on the easiest difficulty setting. Video games exist to entertain us and are not actually enriching. People seeking challenge and meaning in video games are not obtaining it from real life so by pushing themselves in them are doing it to try to obtain fulfillment.

*Except Elite Beat Agents, play that over and over on harder settings until you get perfect S ranks on every track. poo poo owns.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Aramek posted:

Every* video game should be played on the easiest difficulty setting. Video games exist to entertain us and are not actually enriching. People seeking challenge and meaning in video games are not obtaining it from real life so by pushing themselves in them are doing it to try to obtain fulfillment.

*Except Elite Beat Agents, play that over and over on harder settings until you get perfect S ranks on every track. poo poo owns.

This is the sort of advice I can get behind unquestionably. There are exceptions: Persona 5 is mind numbing on easy and actually a really fun combat system on normal, its just a bad story and goes on way too long and no one should play it.

Its especially weird with games like Nier: Automata or Uncharted where the only thing playing above Easy is going to do is make the game take more time to complete.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I beat my high score on Dead Or Alive 3 last night.
My high score from when I was like fifteen years old.
Video games are fun.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The best parts of the new wolfenstein games was watching nazified America and how the nazis had just transformed society into their evil ideal. Then you find out those fuckers are on the god drat moon. They're everywhere! You gotta kill 'em all! GOOD TIMES

The games almost completely forget the entirety of the rest of the world though. Like, the russians were the ones who beat the nazis in WW2 but they are barely mentioned or involved in the new story at all. Even the big allied push during the intro was just America and England.

Zzulu has a new favorite as of 10:26 on May 19, 2020

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Posing something as "Enriching" is inherently nebulous.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

doverhog posted:

Sex with women is pretty gay. Real men like hard rough things. Guns, knives, buff dudes, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5VliEjyohM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I apparently played 3 hours of The New Order and I don't remember a single thing about it other than stealth chucking a knife at a nazi near the start

I love that mechanic in so many shooters where you have to unload a clip into someone’s torso to take them down but if you sneakily hit them in the foot with a knife or arrow they die instantly.