Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. ##vote mir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
MiR’s scum hunting today is atrocious and he has to try to discredit every post about him. It’s a good lynch.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I suppose I can see it - not wild about it, don't think they're a Janet, but this day has exhausted me and I'm ready to move on.

##vote MiR

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I like hambeet better for this (what kind of a response is ‘ha ha yeah i have been worthless! good catch!” and then leaving again?) and we’re just going to have to deal with this tomorrow now, but MiR does bug me. Let’s see what happens.

##vote MiR :hammer:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That’s not the emote? Curse my arrogance

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
:redhammer:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
HEY NONG MAN!

After a very, very, very bloody day, when presented with the option of not throwing someone else into the chasm and doing so, the town elected to throw someone into the chasm.

This time, the unlucky person was Vivat Virtue, who everyone (including the Knife) called MiR for some reason.

"Mmm! Olives" MiR said as he was hoisted. As he fell, you could hear "Do my insides look like my outsides?"

Then the giant head floating head rthat was clearly wearing a tuxedo projection appeared.

"Hi everyone! I'm made of Janet, but I'm not of Janet. I'm still plummeting, but I just wanted to say hello and remind everyone that there is nothing wrong with being a childless adult in their 40s that loves Harry Potter and makes every podcast they participate in better for being on it. Make sure to see John Wick 4 in theaters... eventually!"

The giant head disappeared. For those who had seen the show, it made sense. Others sighed as the body didn't bounce.

Vivat Virtue, Derek Hofstetler, Messenger (Town-Aligned) has been chasm'd.

MY GOD THIS DAY IS FINALLY OVER NIGHT ACTIONS PLEASE

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Another day has dawned. It looks nice. You head out, seeing what the number is today. Only one less than yesterday. Not bad, Could be worse after yesterday.

Sigh, yesterday. What could have been.

Today, however, is today. And I'm sorry to say that Hambeet was found blown up again and in his bucket, but reformation would take 10,000 years. But for the sake of continuity, he had a previously stated form of damage.

Hambeet, Glenn, (Town-Aligned), had his neck snapped Night 4

Alas, poor Glenn

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

OK legit not sure where to go with this now.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Well that sucked. Interesting nk choice

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Well that sucked. Interesting nk choice
Very, considering we'd likely have voted him today.

So... Janets are gone and we're searching an unrelated scum group, is that the best operating assumption?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

CapnAndy posted:

Very, considering we'd likely have voted him today.

So... Janets are gone and we're searching an unrelated scum group, is that the best operating assumption?

If that’s the case, we are in really bad shape. This could be mylo or lylo

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

kumba posted:

it feels weird to put this out there on D4, but with 5 scum in a 23 player game already dead......... claim time?

I think this is a good idea at this point, unless anyone has any strong objections. I can post my result last.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Honestly yeah it may be time to mass claim this I dunno though.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think SK is more likely than a second scum group. HP had two 4 person scum groups and it was very hard for the town to win and it started with more people. If we've killed scum every single day and are in lylo then the balance was messed up from the beginning

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

I think 1 more Janet is actually pretty likely, along with either a SK or more of the Bounty Hunter group.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Alright everyone time to claim

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm VT

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Spoonsy is it intentional that some people have flipped with the role Vanilla Town and some people have flipped without a role?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

Spoonsy is it intentional that some people have flipped with the role Vanilla Town and some people have flipped without a role?

No, I suppose I should clarify that.

I am lazy and anyone who flips town and doesn't have a role is Vanilla Town alla Steak

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

I think 1 more Janet is actually pretty likely, along with either a SK or more of the Bounty Hunter group.

Two nights in a row with no Janet kill though?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm VT also

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

gently caress it. If the town power roles won't step up then the scum won't feel pressure to lie. Town Doctor.

Night 1 - protect Tom Tucker
Night 2 - protect Liger (yes this was the night he died - my best guess is two different types of scum targeted him or some sort of juggernaut role hit him)
Night 3 - protect Deadbeat Dad
Night 4 - protect Merk

And here we are.

I got some fun flavor when my restaurant opened, but nothing else happened.

I haven't had any flavor or any other information that would suggest any of my protections have succeeded. As far as I am aware I have not been roleblocked.

Regarding the night Liger died CCKeane was killed (Varinn claimed this, I believe). Sandwolf (VT) died of a broken neck, and Liger died with the "unlovely diamonds" flavor. This was the night MIR (vivat) had his vig kill as well, so presumably he got bus-driven onto Liger or Keane or Sandwolf, or some other effect happened. If this is the case my best guess for Night 2 is there were 4 kills out there (Janet, other scum, Varinn vig, MIR vig) and two of them targeted Liger, bypassing me. This would explain the lack of a ladle kill that night.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

This would explain the lack of a ladle kill that night.

Either Spoonsy's post is wrong or I think this was just flavor variation:

Spoonsy posted:

You might miss some jokes, but that should also be fine!

edit: oh hey if you see this edit its me, currently the main mod now!

Those That Have Moved On
Liger, Vicky, Alignment Cop (Town-Aligned) was ladle'd Night 2

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Ah I didn't see that - I was going by this from the day 3 begins post:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921683&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=45#post504774749

”Wait!” someone exclaims “Surely Liger can help us out! He said that Deadbeat Dad was on our side, surely he must have some additional news!” But Liger is nowhere to be found. You check the theater, the TV station, the Broadway stage on the edge of town, but they are also missing. Checking their house reveals the answer. Liger is on their bed, lifeless, with a pile of unlovely diamonds next to him.

Are the diamonds and ladling related? I haven't finished the last season.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

Ah I didn't see that - I was going by this from the day 3 begins post:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3921683&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=45#post504774749

”Wait!” someone exclaims “Surely Liger can help us out! He said that Deadbeat Dad was on our side, surely he must have some additional news!” But Liger is nowhere to be found. You check the theater, the TV station, the Broadway stage on the edge of town, but they are also missing. Checking their house reveals the answer. Liger is on their bed, lifeless, with a pile of unlovely diamonds next to him.

Are the diamonds and ladling related? I haven't finished the last season.
Looks like yes
https://thegoodplace.fandom.com/wiki/Retirement

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Everyone else claim your poo poo the Doc ain't claiming for nothing

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This makes me feel less good about zzyzx I think? Something doesn't add up about n2

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm Judge Gen.

CapnAndy posted:

Is it weird that I genuinely want taco bell for lunch today? I don't know why but I find it comforting
This was not a lie (I do find taco bell comforting and I did have it for lunch), but it was also my extremely clever breadcrumb -- the title of Gen's first appearance is "The Burrito". Honestly I cringed when it got quoted like four times in a row, I didn't want to be that obvious.

I can't be voted out, because I'm the Judge, I can't be judged. You guys can test this if you want, it won't end the day, I asked. I'm as vulnerable at night as anyone else, though.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh if we are flavor claiming too I am Matt the weird sex-things accountant

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

CapnAndy posted:

I'm Judge Gen.
This was not a lie (I do find taco bell comforting and I did have it for lunch), but it was also my extremely clever breadcrumb -- the title of Gen's first appearance is "The Burrito". Honestly I cringed when it got quoted like four times in a row, I didn't want to be that obvious.

I can't be voted out, because I'm the Judge, I can't be judged. You guys can test this if you want, it won't end the day, I asked. I'm as vulnerable at night as anyone else, though.

If this is the case it's a super townie role so that's good but honestly I don't want to test it because you're so open to it and I don't want it blowing up for some reason because you're some crazy launch bomb.

I don't see why flavor claims are important but I am Shawn.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##shoot Tom Tucker

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"...and I'm Shawn, Dirtbags."

BANG

A shot rang out. You'd heard that noise before. Back when a different stranger pulled a pistol and shot poor Mr. Steak dead to rights.

Only this time, Hal was wielding the weapon.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE CONCEPT OF DAMNATION DOES TO PEOPLE WHEN IT COMES TO THEM FORKING?... forking... fork..Ah drat, the bench of a filter is on in these Good Place neighborhoods.

Do you know what the concept of pain and torture does to the average human mind when it comes to immorality? It makes them try things that are so immoral that they just keep trying and trying and doing and doing. And I'm not talking about spreading pain and suffering, I mean pleasure. Do you know how many weird sex things humans do? Do you?

I do. I do because I count them. And for every new piece of progress humans make? They make an infinite number of new weird sex things. And I count them. Why?

Because they are there. Because beings like Shawn enabled them. And Janets enforced them. And idiots like Jason just wouldn't shut up about them for gods sake be quiet. So they must pay. Why?

For I am Matt, the Weird Sex Things Accountant."

And with that, Matt holstered his pistol, called for a train, and departed.

Tom Tucker, Shawn the Demon, Doctor, has been shot on Day 5

Hal Incandenza, Matt, The Weird Sex Things Accountant (Gambler/Back-Up, Bounty-Hunter aligned), has completed his objective and won the game for the Bounty Hunter Team (Amnistar, Hal)

Day 5 Continues

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This is why you don't claim flavor things when there are launchers

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Wtf lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Man I almost made a post about the possibility of a bounty hunter duo a few days back. Lol

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

I don't see why flavor claims are important but I am Shawn.

--Man shot because of flavor

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
An Interlude, by Tom Tucker

"Shawn sighed as he popped the top of another can of “Brady’s Best Sparkling Rose”. There was, of course, no pop, the wine inside was not only flat but had a mouth feel that several sommeliers forced to drink it in The Bad Place could only somehow describe as ‘moist’, a new word in wine terminology. “No, Mark, you’re not in the bad place right now, you’re at my wine bar. I won a contest and I knew the experience for guests wouldn’t be complete without your wine.”

Mark Wahlberg’s forehead creased as he struggled to wrap his head around this new information. “But, I don’t get it…” Shawn smiled as the Southie accent washed across his body like expired molasses. “You say I’m still alive, but I also run a vineyard in Southie in The Bad Place, but I’m also…”Mark Wahlberg’s forehead creased as he struggled to wrap his head around this new information. “But, I don’t get it…” Shawn smiled as the Southie accent washed across his body like expired molasses. “You say I’m still alive, but I also run a vineyard in Southie in The Bad Place, but I’m also…”

Shawn cut him off. “Marky Mark you’re over thinking it! Southie, your vineyard, the bad place, it’s all one nexus of the most awful things in the world. The Bad Place couldn’t exist without you!” Shawn took another sip and felt his shoulders relax as something somehow grainy slid from the can down his human form’s approximation of a throat. He was so glad he had ensured he could feel such delicious discomfort.Shawn cut him off. “Marky Mark you’re over thinking it! Southie, your vineyard, the bad place, it’s all one nexus of the most awful things in the world. The Bad Place couldn’t exist without you!” Shawn took another sip and felt his shoulders relax as something somehow grainy slid from the can down his human form’s approximation of a throat. He was so glad he had ensured he could feel such delicious discomfort.

Mark Wahlberg’s eyes continued to dart back and forth in utter confusion. Shawn stood up and grabbed a six-pack of Belichick’s Best Hard Gatorade from behind the bar. “Just serve our guests Mark. And don’t worry, you’re a big part of a bigger plan!”

The latest from Wahlberg Vineyards, located just north of the UMass Boston sewer runoff line on the Old Harbor Embankment, it’s Brady’s Best Sparkling Rose! Every can is sealed right here in Southie by me, Mark Wahlberg, personally, and made using only the best Southie tap water from the men’s bathroom at the Stop and Shop. Located somehow in both the Bad Place and the real world simultaneously, Wahlberg vineyards represents the best and worst that both have to offer! Try the rose sommeliers forced to drink it in The Bad Place describe as “moist, but somehow crunchy” and “the beverage version of an ingrown hangnail”!

Available at Whine in Front of Me!"

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Congrats Hal, launcher is tough and that was classic