Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I guess that’s why ironic racism dot gif now u know it 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

It's extremely cool how they just edited out the punchline of the joke to make their point

So what is the punchline then

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arivia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Alw_thNiM&t=26s

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Arivia posted:

The kid's head explodes, and it cuts to a real life kid who says "Oh I get it your racism is ironic"

e: yeah that

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

okay that's literally the one thing that could redeem that

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Wonder Showzen came up in a thread in GBS recently, and I’m kinda shocked as to how well it held up. I honestly thought I would watch an episode and be cringing the whole time, but it was still legit funny.

The fact it’s tricking a whole new generation of people brings warmth to my cold heart.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

All i remember is that you're never too young to have a vietnam flashback

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Lord Awkward posted:

born in a cave
raised on a mountain
trucking and loving
for years beyond countin'

two trucks
having sex
two trucks
having sex
my muscles
my muscles
involuntarily flex

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Len posted:

All i remember is that you're never too young to have a vietnam flashback

Beat Kids was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mAC0XLl7qQ

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Inceltown posted:

Beat Kids was great.

It's like it was designed to be remixed into unattributed memes 10 years later

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Warmachine posted:

:catte:

I deal with this by sanitizing before I touch any surfaces inside the vehicle. I don't have much of a choice in the matter at the moment since my glasses slide right off my face if I try and wear a mask with them on, and if I try to drive without them, the world will be in for a bad time.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, my glasses fog up when I wear a mask. Which is mostly fine when I'm walking, not a good time if I'm driving.

Is this with a wire/little metal bit at the top to shape it to your nose? I added these to my homemade masks and it's a game changer.

Content: Imgur is being weird so I can't get screenshots of this person's facebook posts but here's some text

quote:

Fun facts for you guys;
Understanding the History of Disease and vaccination is oh so important, if we want to make an informed decision. So here’s just a few interesting facts of the small pox era.

‼️ In the 38 years preceding the start of inoculation in 1721, deaths from smallpox relative to the number born was 90 per 1,000 & relative to the number of burials 64 per 1,000. In the 38 years after the start of inoculation, deaths from small pox relative to the number born increased to 127 per 1,000.. a 41% increase... and relative to the number of burials 81 per 1,000... a 27% increase. The medically sanctioned operation was as likely to start an epidemic as to stop one.

‼️ Since the late 1700s, the medical profession has supported vaccination, even though there was never a trial where one group was vaccinated & compared to another group of the same size that was not vaccinated.

‼️The Medical Observer for 1810 contesting particulars of 535 cases of small pox after vaccination, 97 fatal cases, 150 cases of vaccine injuries, with the addresses of ten medical men including two professors of anatomy, who had suffered in their own families from vaccination.

‼️I’m 1898 Dr. Alexander Wilder also noted that during the 1871-1872 pandemic, the vaccinated often contracted severe smallpox more rapidly than the non vaccinated.
“Never, however, did the faith in vaccination relieve so rude a shock as in the Great Small-Pox epidemic of 1871 and 1872. Every country in Europe was invaded with a severity greater than had ever been witnessed during the three preceding centuries. In England, the number of deaths from the disease was increased from 2,620 in 1870 to 23,126 in 1871 and 19,064 in 1872, falling again to 2,634 in 1873. Upon the continent, particularly in France and Germany, the visitation was even more severe. In Bavaria, for example, with a population vaccinated more than any other country of Northern Europe, except Sweden, which experienced the greatest that had ever been known. What was even more significant, MANY VACCINATED PERSONS IN ALMOST EVER PLACE WERE ATTACKED BY SMALL POX BEFORE ANY UNVACCINATED PERSONS TOOK THE DISEASE” ;Alexander Wilder,MD, “The fallacy of Vaccination” The metaphysical magazine, vol. III, no. 2, May 1898, p.88

‼️In 1840, as doctors and citizens realized that vaccination was not what it was promised to be, vaccine refusals increased. Governments passed various laws to force people to be vaccinated. Vaccination was made compulsory in England in 1853, with stricter laws passed in 1867. In the United States, Massachusetts created a set of comprehensive vaccination laws in 1855.

“In 1855 Massachusetts took the most advanced stand ever taken by any of the states and enacted a law which required parents or guardians to cause the vaccination of all children before they were two years old, and forbade the admission of all children to the public schools of any child who had not been duly vaccinated. The selectmen if towns, mayors and aldermen of cities were to “enforce the vaccination of all the inhabitants” and to require re-vaccination whenever they judged the public health to require it;”

‼️Lemuel Shattuck emphasized the need for vaccination and pushed for house-to-bourse vaccination to be enforced by the authority of the a city of Boston in an 1856 report.

‼️‼️ Compulsory vaccination laws did nothing to curb the problem of small pox. Boston data begins in 1811 and shows that, starting around 1837, there were periodic small pox epidemics. Following the 1855 mandates, there were small pox epidemics in 1859-1860, 1864-1865, and 1867, culminating with the infamous epidemic in 1872-1873. These repeat small pox epidemics showed that the strict vaccination laws instituted by Massachusetts had no beneficial effect. In fact, more people died from small pox in the 20 years after the strict compulsory laws than in the 20 years prior.
"Compulsory vaccination laws did nothing to curb the problem of small pox."

A NURSE posted this.

eta a few comments

quote:

How many pastors are practicing faith and not buying into the whole mask/fear rhetoric? How many see through the lies and are being honest with their congregants?

quote:

I contacted my pastor yesterday about the fear mongering and the lies and him asking for vaccines, so I exposed once again, aborted fetal cell lines. We shall see

quote:

Mask..the new burqa. Will I be stoned for not wearing one? I get eye stoned daily for not complying and I'm okay with that. Why...im not one for to follow..im not a sheep..but a rebel with a cause.

quote:

I had a friend tell me tonight her church is reopening but requiring masks. Gloves will be available. It's the new coffee bar. Masks and Gloves are available.

Looks like i wont be going back to church if that's how it will be.

Way to be a shepherd

The thing that gets me about calling people "sheep" is that sheep follow each other because it's safer. The sheep that goes off on its own is the one that gets attacked by a predator. I like sheep, there's evidence that they can be surprisingly intelligent, and it pisses me off to see idiots insulting them.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 03:57 on May 17, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Data Graham posted:

It's like it was designed to be remixed into unattributed memes 10 years later

47K RT 100K Likes
Offer of writing job for TV

freemandela
Apr 18, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

Is this with a wire/little metal bit at the top to shape it to your nose? I added these to my homemade masks and it's a game changer.

Content: Imgur is being weird so I can't get screenshots of this person's facebook posts but here's some text

"Compulsory vaccination laws did nothing to curb the problem of small pox."

A NURSE posted this.

smallpox was eliminated by compulsory vaccination

ugh

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I get eye stoned daily

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I see no one has posted this yet...

https://twitter.com/dbbm52/status/1260937247580254210

(@dbbm52 is not the idiot)

There was also a response to that tweet that said "America is basically the only place on earth where its socially acceptable to be a grown-rear end man who openly enjoys vids and pro wrestling. It's utterly mysterious."

I felt like I fell into a wormhole and was transported into a hacky 80s school comedy movie where people are still made fun of for liking video games lol

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Jamie Faith posted:

I felt like I fell into a wormhole and was transported into a hacky 80s school comedy movie where people are still made fun of for liking video games lol

Lol, I had a conversation with somebody on the bus where she said "So, what are you into?" and I responded "I like reading books and playing video games!" and she said "Oh... Video games? I just don't see why anybody would want to waste their life like that."

Then turned away from me, ending the conversation.

People still think playing games is a crime.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

there wolf posted:

Also I've been using the big gas-mask looking canister filter thing I have for industrial spray painting because it's comfy and easy to clean. I had a kid do a Darth Vader impression at me in the grocery store which was super loving cute. Non-mask people are missing out on top of just being selfish assholes.

Just make sure it's got filtered exhalation! I have a P100 industrial-use canister-type, but I've taken to putting coffee filters over the exhalation vents. I may try to cut some cloth to shape inside the mask since the coffee filters are awkward.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

John Lee posted:

Can’t possibly think why girls feel like this. It’s a mystery.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

John Lee posted:

Lol, I had a conversation with somebody on the bus where she said "So, what are you into?" and I responded "I like reading books and playing video games!" and she said "Oh... Video games? I just don't see why anybody would want to waste their life like that."

Then turned away from me, ending the conversation.

lol Wow... Who still thinks like that? Literally, almost everyone plays games in some form or another. From Farmville to Minecraft.

EL BROMANCE posted:

??? What? I'm a girl I have no idea what you're talking about. If you're referring to sexist gamer bros well they're sexist movie fans too and it would be just as weird to say "Oh... Movies? I just don't see why anybody would want to waste their life like that."

That's stupid.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

Am girl and have gotten weird condescension from grown-rear end men about liking videogames when i could be doing something "worthwhile" with my time

i think it's just a dickhead thing

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Am girl and have gotten weird condescension from grown-rear end men about liking videogames when i could be doing something "worthwhile" with my time

:yeah:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

No 😣 you're 👉 NOT a gamer

I'm so sick 😣😣 of all these people 👫👫👫 who 💁 think 🤔🤔 they're gamers. No 😣, you're 👉 not. Most of you are not even close to being gamers. I see 👁👁 these people 👫👫👫 saying

"I put well over 100hrs in this ⬆ game 🎱🎱 it's great 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧!"

That's nothing 🈚🈚, most of us can easily put 300+ in all of our games. I see 👁👁👁 people 👫👫 who 💁 only have 🈶 the Nintendo switch and claim to be gamers. Come talk 🗣 to me when ⏰ you pick ⛏ up ☝☝ a PS4 controller 🎮 then we be friends.

Also DEAR ALL WOMEN 👵👵👵: Pokémon is 🈶 not a real game 🎱. Animal 😺😺 Crossing 🚷🚷 is 🈶 not a real game 🎱. The sims is 🈶 not a real game 🎱. Mario is 🈶 not a real game 🎱🎱🎱.

Stardew Valley is 🈶 not a real game 🎱🎱. Mobile games are NOT.REAL.GAMES. Put down ⬇⬇ the baby 👶 games and play 🎽🎽🎽 something that requires challenge and skill 🤹‍♀️🤹‍♀️ for once.

sincerely, all of the ACTUAL gamers

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Gendered social norms pushed on children at a young age?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Saagonsa posted:

Gendered social norms pushed on children at a young age?

But video games are for girls now! Look Ms, Pacman has a bow on her head. Little girls love bows, right?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jamie Faith posted:

I see no one has posted this yet...

https://twitter.com/dbbm52/status/1260937247580254210

(@dbbm52 is not the idiot)

There was also a response to that tweet that said "America is basically the only place on earth where its socially acceptable to be a grown-rear end man who openly enjoys vids and pro wrestling. It's utterly mysterious."

https://twitter.com/HoratioSkald/status/1260943208672038912

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

They had to add the edit because they got a million suggestions for best flagellation whips

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

It's the strappado

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
How do you even become a trad catholic without being into BDSM?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Maybe church satisfies that particular kink.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm so sick 😣😣 of all these people 👫👫👫 who 💁 think 🤔🤔 they're gamers. No 😣, you're 👉 not. Most of you are not even close to being gamers. I see 👁👁 these people 👫👫👫 saying

That's nothing 🈚🈚, most of us can easily put 300+ in all of our games. I see 👁👁👁 people 👫👫 who 💁 only have 🈶 the Nintendo switch and claim to be gamers. Come talk 🗣 to me when ⏰ you pick ⛏ up ☝☝ a PS4 controller 🎮 then we be friends.

Also DEAR ALL WOMEN 👵👵👵: Pokémon is 🈶 not a real game 🎱. Animal 😺😺 Crossing 🚷🚷 is 🈶 not a real game 🎱. The sims is 🈶 not a real game 🎱. Mario is 🈶 not a real game 🎱🎱🎱.

Stardew Valley is 🈶 not a real game 🎱🎱. Mobile games are NOT.REAL.GAMES. Put down ⬇⬇ the baby 👶 games and play 🎽🎽🎽 something that requires challenge and skill 🤹‍♀️🤹‍♀️ for once.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

Being groomes as a child :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/hyenasandgin/status/1255861762626334721

Jamie Faith posted:

lol Wow... Who still thinks like that? Literally, almost everyone plays games in some form or another. From Farmville to Minecraft.

Get with the times pal, no one's playing Farmville anymore. It's Candy Crush to Flughafen-Feuerwehr-Simulator 2013 these days.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Boooooooooo

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

They are posting about the idiot
Edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

trickybiscuits posted:

The thing that gets me about calling people "sheep" is that sheep follow each other because it's safer. The sheep that goes off on its own is the one that gets attacked by a predator. I like sheep, there's evidence that they can be surprisingly intelligent, and it pisses me off to see idiots insulting them.

I agree wholeheartedly, but what really gets me is that her big cutting bon mot is “way to be a shepherd,” directed at her own pastor. I’m no theologian, but I’m pretty sure that only speaks to her priorities about conspiracy theories vs. her religion.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/andreaaskowitz/status/1261359469709180928

https://twitter.com/hels/status/1261785432209141766

Helen is not the idiot.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So, turns out that Twitter’s report system is corrupt to the core, but what’s new?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS8ipPeGoJc

tldw: boomer upset he didn’t go viral, so he complained to the manager and got other virally popular accounts (such as the kombucha girl) suspended

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

https://twitter.com/Jillhopkins/status/1261793265692573697?s=19

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

StillFullyTerrible posted:

If anything I’ll be the one in the kitchen