Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Now that's how you subvert expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Everyone always dips out when I put on a silent film :(

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Windows 98 posted:

Everyone always dips out when I put on a silent film :(

I personally LOVED it; I sat through all of the German one, just chilling and enjoying the music. Thank you!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Queueyeewooweee woo hooooooo for 5/16

(protip: you probably don't want to watch Guinea Pig and Aftermath unless you've got a very strong stomach for blood and gore)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
As a guinea pig aficionado, 2 had the best effects, but 1 was the better movie :colbert:

They went downhill after that, but He Never Dies (3?) was fun and Mermaid in a Manhole (4?) did cool stuff with textures

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

COOL CORN posted:

As a guinea pig aficionado, 2 had the best effects, but 1 was the better movie :colbert:

this is the correct take but only because there is almost no plot in the second one, which makes it better technically.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
guinea pig 1 is funny because of all the on-screen meters they have, like how hot the water is they're splashing on the victim, or how many times she's been spun around in the chair, or the number of slaps.

#2 is awesome because they just pop that girls eye out with a spoon lol

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Thank you for tolerating my weird poo poo. I’m trying to expand your horizons. I get a lot of joy from playing something that someone else has never seen, or even heard of, and then people being happy they decided to give it a chance. Every time you watch something you then later recommend or talk about to someone else is one more good jorb for me.

Also been getting a lot of “have you played X yet?” Being asked. I can’t tell if they are sincere questions or thinly veiled requests. Either way, whatever it is, if you are curious there is a link to the play history that will show everything the stream has played and when it was played. The link is in the bottom of the page.

These days we are stabilizing on about 15-20 average viewers. We can support significantly more. I had up to 130 watching a movie on a few occasions. So if you want to give the link out to a few close friends they are welcome to join. Just let them know sometimes things gets kind of out there on the stream.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 14:10 on May 16, 2020

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Oh FUUUUCK I wish I was there for that. My boyfriend would probably be v concerned as to what I was watching

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Never mind, poo poo's busted. Stream's off.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Queue for 5/17. Should start close to 12:10-12:15am EST. I would tune in early to catch the pre roll.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is a must see. DO NOT MISS

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

One of my friends edited all the violence out of Rubber so he could show it to his very young children, it became their favourite movie, a wholesome tale of a tire making friends and having adventures. In 10 years or so he'll show them the real version.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Scudworth posted:

One of my friends edited all the violence out of Rubber so he could show it to his very young children, it became their favourite movie, a wholesome tale of a tire making friends and having adventures. In 10 years or so he'll show them the real version.

Would really like that edit.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Stark Fist posted:

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is a must see. DO NOT MISS

IIRC there's a talking pie in it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Too bad it's playing in the dead of loving night and most will be asleep for it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sigher posted:

Too bad it's playing in the dead of loving night and most will be asleep for it.
the world has 24 times zones buddy

maybe its 7 PM for some goon in uhhhhhhhhhghghghh

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
What is the rough EST start time for Beyond the Black Rainbow? I need to finally see it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
7:17 pm eastern

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress, that’s too late on my end, argh! Thank you so much

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
whoops 1:17pm eastern

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

whoops 1:17pm eastern

YEA thank you I was a little wigged out at that math

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
phone posting is always highly suspect

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Welp. My internet is what they would determine to be broken. Again, I have a technician who should be showing up in a few hours. Chances are they will do nothing at all to fix the problem. I put the stream on when I woke up, but I’ll likely turn it off anyway when the techs arrive. Pray for me. Pray my garbage ISP gets their poo poo together.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Windows 98 posted:

Welp. My internet is what they would determine to be broken. Again, I have a technician who should be showing up in a few hours. Chances are they will do nothing at all to fix the problem. I put the stream on when I woke up, but I’ll likely turn it off anyway when the techs arrive. Pray for me. Pray my garbage ISP gets their poo poo together.

windows 98, why are you always broken?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

windows 98, why are you always broken?

Charter is a very lovely ISP. I'm stuck with them too.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Well they sent two technicians. One normal one and one like regional supervisor technician, because apparently finally someone flagged my account to be seen by higher ups to see if this problem can be fixed. They are working outside right now on the pole. Not really sure how long it will take them

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Surprise! the technicians didnt do a god drat thing. they basically stood around, ran speed tests, claimed it was not broken. They seemed hyper focused on getting the right speeds more so than testing for intermittent timeouts, which only happen during some times of the day (as you know). So they basically tried to blame my router or a failing network card (which I forced them to prove by adding their own router to the network, and it still had the same problems). So they mostly just didn't know anything and didn't fix anything. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am trying to take things off the network to narrow down that it's not a weird device causing problems. Stream is running and seems to be running ok for now. Please someone try and watch the stream and keep me updated on stutters or drop outs with a ping so I can monitor it and test more things. It's very frustrating :(

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
back when I got gigabit fiber-optic, the place i got it from didnt even show up on dslreports.com or anywhere else. it was only happened to be on a single one of the many many isp provider lists i could find and it happened to be at the same time the fastest and cheapest ($40 monthly locked-in rate for low-latency symmetric up/down gigabit). their techs even installed it to the 2nd-floor so it went straight to my room against their own advice

i hope everyone out there can find their own lucky star like i have

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Windows 98 posted:

Surprise! the technicians didnt do a god drat thing. they basically stood around, ran speed tests, claimed it was not broken. They seemed hyper focused on getting the right speeds more so than testing for intermittent timeouts, which only happen during some times of the day (as you know). So they basically tried to blame my router or a failing network card (which I forced them to prove by adding their own router to the network, and it still had the same problems). So they mostly just didn't know anything and didn't fix anything. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I am trying to take things off the network to narrow down that it's not a weird device causing problems. Stream is running and seems to be running ok for now. Please someone try and watch the stream and keep me updated on stutters or drop outs with a ping so I can monitor it and test more things. It's very frustrating :(

I had very similar issues with Spectrum at work. I could bypass all our network equipment, throw one of our static IP’s on my laptop, connect directly to the modem and observe dropped packets on an intermittent basis. Rebooting the modem fixed it for a period of time.

They came out and replaced our modem, the aerial from our building to the street and all the coax in the building. Didn’t help.

The only thing that finally worked was switching to a different modem altogether. We swapped from a Hitron modem to some other brand (Arris?) and haven’t had an issue since.

TLDR: request a different modem if you haven’t done so yet. Some of the equipment they lease out is total garbage.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

I managed to catch one movie yesterday. It was good while it lasted! Like watching quality television.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I just finished up several hours of loving around with things to see if maybe I could determine an issue with the router, then ultimately factory reset it. Just finishing up finishing up the port forwarding for Plex and the Now Playing Bot. After I trim the playlist a short bit to be about 10 hours long I am going to attempt to start the same queue I played yesterday. Hopefully yall can watch in peace without it dropping. If you missed anything yesterday due to the internet hating me you can likely catch it tonight. I am going to monitor this router tonight and if this keeps dropping I will RMA this piece of poo poo and then see if I can dig up my older router to see if that piece of equipment is the issue. I am just as frustrated with this internet as you are :(

TLDR: I started the stream

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Driven was cool! I hadn't heard of that one.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Today I am playing movies I recently queued but were impossible to watch due to connection issues

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Much appreciated :tipshat:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ok so I am going to be trying to use a laptop to do a Display Capture vs the Browser Capture I have been using on the main server. I am trying to find out if maybe its OBS being lovely and not my ISP (I doubt it!). So I have switched the source of the stream over to that just now. Please alert me if it drops out. For the rest of the day I will let movies play that have played recently and may have been difficult to watch due to connection. I have posted a new queue for 5/20 which starts at 12am EST, regardless of whatever is playing. I will stop whatever it is and start the new queue. So, if you missed something now is your chance to see it before the queue moves on and we probably don't return to those movies for some time.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

New queue starts in about 8 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

oh hi doggy! :)