Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Finally got rid of my first Lich (got Kuva Twin Stubbas, didn't give them a shot yet). Whats a good one to go for now? I now understand how the sacrificing works (I.E. you can see what you are getting BEFORE sacrificing) so picking a weapon will be a choice now instead of me just stumbling into it :smith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

Finally got rid of my first Lich (got Kuva Twin Stubbas, didn't give them a shot yet). Whats a good one to go for now? I now understand how the sacrificing works (I.E. you can see what you are getting BEFORE sacrificing) so picking a weapon will be a choice now instead of me just stumbling into it :smith:.

Bramma, Nukor, Chakhurr are top tier. Ogris is niche but fun. I don't look at the others much, ymmv. Edit: gently caress how could I forget about Kohm, also a solid choice.

Vanadium fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 17, 2020

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Quartakk and hind are decent as well, shildeg's a bigass rocket hammer but I barely use it
oh and I still maintain they hosed up by not naming those "dubba stubba"

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 17, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vanadium posted:

Bramma, Nukor, Chakhurr are top tier. Ogris is niche but fun. I don't look at the others much, ymmv.

Nukor looks like stupid fun. Bramma is the one I always hear about. Just looked up a video of the Chakhurr and it looks Hillarious.

Raptor1033 posted:

Quartakk and hind are decent as well, shildeg's a bigass rocket hammer but I barely use it
oh and I still maintain they hosed up by not naming those "dubba stubba"

Something about a giant flaming hammer that just speaks to me...

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

The kuva kohm is amazing. I have a tonkor I love too.

Honestly the game is full of fun, useable weapons if you’re willing to put 5 Forma into them.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 17, 2020

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Kuva Quartakk is mindblowing. It's worth a riven and you've got a sniper shotgun that will stack status and hunter's munitions slash procs instantly and do absolutely insane damage.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

So a friend came back to Warframe recently and I'm helping him get parts for a few frames he's missing - specifically, Ash.

I looked at the wiki and was like oh okay let's go run tyl regor a few times. Only to find the Manics that spawn during the fight are faction manics and thus don't drop any of Ash's components.

What's the current go-to method for getting Ash components? The next-best thing appears to be doing defection runs but I want to check that's a good chance of getting a drop because we both highly dislike the defection mission type and to find out the wiki is out of date on that too would be a shame :(

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm sure if you ask in clan chat we can just give him an Ash Prime?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Chocobo posted:

Kuva Quartakk is mindblowing. It's worth a riven and you've got a sniper shotgun that will stack status and hunter's munitions slash procs instantly and do absolutely insane damage.

That or the Nukka will totally be my next ones becayse I just got a Heat Bramma with 52% bonus. Is that a good percentage?

Edit: Also, is there an advantage to leveling up your kuva lich?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

andyf posted:

So a friend came back to Warframe recently and I'm helping him get parts for a few frames he's missing - specifically, Ash.

I looked at the wiki and was like oh okay let's go run tyl regor a few times. Only to find the Manics that spawn during the fight are faction manics and thus don't drop any of Ash's components.

What's the current go-to method for getting Ash components? The next-best thing appears to be doing defection runs but I want to check that's a good chance of getting a drop because we both highly dislike the defection mission type and to find out the wiki is out of date on that too would be a shame :(
Yeah I did the same thing. The best way to get Ash is to do defection missions because a maniac will spawn around 5mins or 3 squads. Farming Harrow's systems and Ash's blueprint is pretty good because Harrow takes a ton of defections and you will end up killing a bunch of maniacs. Defection missions are easy if you have a heal frame like oberon, equinox, etc.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

The Jumpoff posted:

I don't understand the complaining about the platforming in the Glassmaker challenge. It is the simplest thing, just double jump, it is almost impossible to overshoot (i was Revenant when i did it so maybe a faster frame will be slippery or something idk)

The Detective scenes are cool too. Even if the clues are dead simple, it's a nice change of pace and i like what DE is going for.

i wouldnt complain about any of the issues on their own but all of them combined together in a perfect way for me to get brutally and hilariously owned

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Full disclosure: it took me three attempts. First, I walked off a ledge. Second, I ran out of time. Third's the charm. Whatever. It's fine.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Chocobo posted:

Thanks for sharing. I've had a Quartakk riven collecting dust for ages ( +Damage +Crit out the box), now I have some motivation to do some lich poo poo to rotate and get one. What's the build on yours\riven stats?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Given what you have, try to nail yourself a toxin quartakk so you can just go serration / split chamber / crit chance / crit damage / primed shred / hunmun / your riven / primed cryo and vigilante supplies in the sexilus. You'll get a viral bleed spewing death machine.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Don't sleep on the Kuva Brakk, that thing is nuts

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

SIGSEGV posted:

Given what you have, try to nail yourself a toxin quartakk so you can just go serration / split chamber / crit chance / crit damage / primed shred / hunmun / your riven / primed cryo and vigilante supplies in the sexilus. You'll get a viral bleed spewing death machine.

Huh, I got a lich right now with a 29% toxin quartakk. Good advice. What would you recommend with anyone without a riven?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

andyf posted:

Here's some advise for defection missions: Don't wait for the refugees, always activate the console that pushes them through, and once all four are at a spot (as if one is a straggler, they'll leave him, and you'll have to go back), just tell them to move. If you have two people, make sure you both take a spot and rush both at the same time. Keep the consoles at as high a percentage as you can, but only get the cannisters if you can come across it on the way to the life support pods.

I got a Shedu Riven, and am not sure if I want to sell it or keep it, I want to like the Shedu, but man it's just really mediocre.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Logic Probed posted:

Huh, I got a lich right now with a 29% toxin quartakk. Good advice. What would you recommend with anyone without a riven?

Replace the riven with an elemental, a dual stat elemental or the vigilante multishot, depending on how the numbers shake out. Or an acolyte crit mod, if that's your thing, It's my thing, but on my rattleguts.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Logic Probed posted:

crit, viral, hunter munitions. Because you have toxin you can get that with just slotting (primed) cryo rounds, so you miss out on something like viral+heat, but you save a mod slot where you could put in whatever floats your boat.

specifically - Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense - your base and crit. (Primed) Cryo to make viral with your native toxin. Hunter Munitions to get slash procs. Then fill in with stuff like (primed) shred, Infected Clip to serve as another toxin mod if you want, heavy caliber. Vigilante Supplies in the exilus slot if you unlock that.

I know the Quartakk has some innate PT so you can get away with something else for your fire rate aside from pshred, but I will always slot it. I couldn't stand base quartakk's firing rate without it and the kuva's automatic mode benefits from it even more than the base model. Vile Acceleration, technically, provides higher DPS than pshred.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 17, 2020

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Anora posted:

I want to like the Shedu, but man it's just really mediocre.
Try it with Harrow or Gauss if you can. It really likes the extra fire rate and reload speed. Gauss is particularly good since he's also immune to knockdown with his 2 up.

BMan posted:

Unlike some of the other kuva guns, it didn't get much in the way of extra gimmicks, but sometimes more ammo and a pile of crit is all you really need.

Logic Probed posted:

If you have Heavy Caliber or Vile Acceleration, one of those depending on personal preference. I like the extra fire rate.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
When I'm in a shooty mood I just slap on a 90% Arcane Acceleration to free up that fire rate mod slot.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

BMan posted:

This thing is quite strong, works well in any situation in which you can get in close, deletes liches if you mod it for their weakness (or a ton of viral), and is easily one of my most used secondaries recently.

Mesadoram posted:

That or the Nukka will totally be my next ones becayse I just got a Heat Bramma with 52% bonus. Is that a good percentage?

Edit: Also, is there an advantage to leveling up your kuva lich?

52% is pretty good, 60% is max. I don't think there is any advantage to leveling up your lich outside of expanding its influence, and your mission options, and getting a small chunk of murmurs whenever you fail a stab. If level 4 and 5 liches are giving you trouble you can opt to go thrall hunting with other people in areas that your lich doesn't have influence. This is a tiny bit slower ime, but you can make your lich mad, go thrall hunting with other people for all your words, and then have a really good chance of your lich showing up asap when you go back to their zones.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Is there a faster way to get the initial set of lich requiem mods yet? I've been basically dreading coming back to the game because i still only have 2/8 of them and i'd cracked about 20 relics

weirdly I enjoy cracking normal relics, but grinding and cracking requiem ones for days and days in order to get to play with this system was a nightmare

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It was absolutely unbelievable how much of a head start the Kuva Lich Collection gave people, yeah. And then DE stuffs it chock full of unique cosmetics just because. It's still unbelievable.

I would just ask goons to requiemshare.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
The words are tradeable and 10p piece on Market

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
The only reason I dread cracking lich relics is that forma bps aren't on the drop table. The most success I've had cracking relics is hopping into a requiem kuvival with a full crew and just going for as long as we can.

edit: Don't feel the need to wait till you're 8/8 before you spawn a lich. You'll only need three and can more precisely target your farming when you figure out words through murmurs.

omg the omni quick select is such a good QoL change gently caress

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 17, 2020

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

xiw posted:

Is there a faster way to get the initial set of lich requiem mods yet? I've been basically dreading coming back to the game because i still only have 2/8 of them and i'd cracked about 20 relics

weirdly I enjoy cracking normal relics, but grinding and cracking requiem ones for days and days in order to get to play with this system was a nightmare

The old kuva siphon missions are good for relics. Flood guarantees. Or goons. If you’re on switch I have plenty to spare (pnp17).

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 17, 2020

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So for the railjack what should I get/avoid when it comes to parts?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Just skip to T3 gear. Reactors will depend on your playstyle but current meta is high flux to fuel lots of battle avionic use. Turrets are kinda personal choice as far as I'm concerned.

edit: and don't dismiss the second slot battle avionics and skip straight to the slot 3 void hole and missile shot. the lvl2 tether is surprisingly OP and gentle on the energy use

editedit: I must be Herman Cain cause my intrinsics are 9-9-99! :toot:

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 17, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Kuva Bramma and Mirage is like peanut butter an jelly.

Is just like, not fair. Carpet bombing the map is so loving satisfying.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Getting a ton of Requiem Relics isn't hard, I have almost 200 of each just from regularly running Kuva Floods. Hell I sell them uncracked on the market.

My question now is: what is the fastest way of cracking these relics? Kuva Survival is obviously good, but having a team is so important for that, and it doesn't crack that fast, one every 5 minutes. I quite like Kuva Extermination, but the waypoints for that can sometimes be buggy and frustrating.

How is Kuva Disruption for relic cracking?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
since you dont need them a lot i just do kuva survival since it gives bonus kuva if its a fissure.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Remember kids. Don't forget that 60% is that actual max and not just the highest it can spawn with, so you don't farm up 9 kuva Kohms to try getting like a 120% weapon and cry yourself to sleep.

Just saying.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Brainbread posted:

Remember kids. Don't forget that 60% is that actual max and not just the highest it can spawn with, so you don't farm up 9 kuva Kohms to try getting like a 120% weapon and cry yourself to sleep.

Just saying.

Instead, farm 5 low % kuva kohms, then cry when kuva kohm #6 gets 55%, invalidating all your previous work :shepicide:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Phobophilia posted:

My question now is: what is the fastest way of cracking these relics? Kuva Survival is obviously good, but having a team is so important for that, and it doesn't crack that fast, one every 5 minutes.

It absolutely is not. Bring Khora, throw up a Strangledome on the capsule, and then go read the news until you get low on life support and/or reactant and have to play the game for a few minutes before doing it all over again.

Any frame with decent CC can do it but effort values may vary. I used to do it with Nidus (his maggots do a surprisingly good job of keeping low-level enemies too busy to shoot the capsule, and you can drop Larva on them when that fails) but that's obviously a bit higher-effort, and a frame with no CC would have to work much harder.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Getting a ton of Requiem Relics isn't hard, I have almost 200 of each just from regularly running Kuva Floods. Hell I sell them uncracked on the market.

My question now is: what is the fastest way of cracking these relics? Kuva Survival is obviously good, but having a team is so important for that, and it doesn't crack that fast, one every 5 minutes. I quite like Kuva Extermination, but the waypoints for that can sometimes be buggy and frustrating.

Disruption requires at least one person to be pretty dangerously deadly, but if they are, it's the fastest method for sure.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

I feel like extermination may be technically faster but the three extra loading scenes actually make it take longer than just staying in set 5 minute wave endless survival. This is on launch PS4 hardware though, your situation could be extremely different.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Also note for the fissure it's not like the converted life support pillar has to survive. So all you need is like, anyone to be in a lootframe of which there are a decent number, or a suitable killframe.

Kuva rescue is okay, usually. Obvious better if you can do it yourself.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

ElegantFugue posted:

Disruption requires at least one person to be pretty dangerously deadly, but if they are, it's the fastest method for sure.

The answer to disruption, like all things in this game, is Bramma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Guilty posted:

The answer to disruption, like all things in this game, is Bramma

I should find space on my Mesa for P.Surefooted so I can Bramma and Mesa (and maybe Kuva Nukor and a Zaw with contagion) all in one.