Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Good trip overall today, got some hanger steak and tri-tip.

New cheese flight:

Got the tri-tip in the sous vide and gonna roast these babies for dinner tonight:

Only downside was that yeast was sold out and I'm almost out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Our Costco had an outbreak that got a bunch of employees sick :(

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Those potatoes are really nice. If they're he same one I've had in the past, there should be two packs so you can save half of them for another meal.

Shake a little Lawry's Seasoned Salt on them and OMNOMNOMNOM :dance:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The cheese flight is an abomination right, like thats not how you package cheese

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Doodles posted:

Those potatoes are really nice. If they're he same one I've had in the past, there should be two packs so you can save half of them for another meal.

Yeah they're great, I've had the herb and garlic, these are the smoked salt. We also got a sack of the plain baby potatoes from them so hopefully there is leftover seasoning

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Fallom posted:

Our Costco had an outbreak that got a bunch of employees sick :(

I saw the one near or in Aurora CO had a bunch of staff cases. Ive gone there after work since my jobsite is near but I've avoided it as I trust my local one more.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

shovelbum posted:

The cheese flight is an abomination right, like thats not how you package cheese

Wrapped in plastic? All the DOP Parmesan and fancy cheddar they sell is vacuum sealed in plastic under the wax paper wrapping.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Looks like I'll be getting a Costco credit card. Pretty decent cash back rates when making tithes with church currency.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
lot of y'all going to church

when Doom House is the only place of worship

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Minto Took posted:

Looks like I'll be getting a Costco credit card. Pretty decent cash back rates when making tithes with church currency.

hell yeah brother

:cool::respek::cool:

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Bay Area Costco shopper here. My church had no combination pizza available. They said that they were short on ingredients, any others with the same problem?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I get the problem with commercial meat supply lines but produce should be plentiful given how restaurants are operating at much lower volume. I'm no expert though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I get the problem with commercial meat supply lines but produce should be plentiful given how restaurants are operating at much lower volume. I'm no expert though.

Yeah from what I’m hearing they are tossing a lot of veggies because the demand is so low.

Eat less meat and more veggies.

Problem solved.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

oohhhhh so when you people said church you mean costco like pbuc

okay, I thought you were that rare weirdo christian goon

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

That song take me to church is about going to Costco for a dog and refill.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Get something shiny
Something meaty for the main course
That's a fine looking high horse
What you got in the stable?
We've a lot of starving faithful
That looks tasty
That looks plenty
This is hungry work

Take me to church
I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Alan Smithee posted:

When I first found this thread I thought people were buying in bulk for church dinners or something

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yeah it was weird how everyone seemed to get pounds of meat from church

well last time I talked to a guy who worked for a church they were buying all this expensive A/V camera equipment so I figured you know, not paying taxes lets you buys some nice poo poo

also he started implying Qanon stuff without calling it that by name

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Decided to risk Costco today. They had tp, kleenex, paper towels in stock. No Lysol or bleach but place wasn't too badly stocked.

fun fact: the lady checking people's cards as they entered, ignored the people who didn't wear masks, or had them in hand. Saw several people in the store with mask covering their mouth only, or their chin. Way to keep the bar high!

Wow, here in Massachusetts, people take that poo poo seriously.

They might be sloppy outside the store, but inside everyone is properly masked.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Manuel Calavera posted:

But it does have the margarita with tequila that reddit is raving about.

I would like to know more.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cowslips Warren posted:

fun fact: the lady checking people's cards as they entered, ignored the people who didn't wear masks, or had them in hand.
They may not have had available staff or security to help out. My local Co usually has a manager, door person and one security/police person to keep people in check.

spacebard
Jan 1, 2007

Football~

Manuel Calavera posted:

But it does have the margarita with tequila that reddit is raving about.

Thanks. Picked a bottle up to try it out. Also a small box of ling ling's were finally in stock so I hoard bought some like it was TP. The bulgogi mandu were on sale too. The 'Co has delivered, PBUC.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coredump posted:

I would like to know more.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a32367989/costco-bottled-margarita/
This stuff. The margarita is indeed very good just straight with ice, shockingly so. Like the quality of what you'd pay for a glass at that same ($8.99?) price at your local good Tex-Mex place.

There's a wine cocktail one as well, made with agave wine. I didn't see that at the Polaris one (idk what it's like in other states obviously.) So, keep an eye out. You want the tequila one.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Manuel Calavera posted:

Columbus Goons. The Polaris Costco doesn't have the butter chicken sadly. But it does have the margarita with tequila that reddit is raving about. Also $25 for almost 8 pounds of chicken thighs seemed like a pretty good deal since I use those for my chicken cooking needs.

Also got communion because I was craving a dog. Missing the onions still though.

Polaris sells margaritas???????????????

I regret having to swing through a Giant Eagle on the way home for their liquor store but its either that or going to the Kroger outside Delaware on 23, which has a shockingly good selection but its a pain in the rear end to get to.

spacebard posted:

Thanks. Picked a bottle up to try it out. Also a small box of ling ling's were finally in stock so I hoard bought some like it was TP. The bulgogi mandu were on sale too. The 'Co has delivered, PBUC.

MY WIFE is vegetarian, but I want to get the bulgogi and gorge myself into a deep slumber.

Lobsterboy fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 17, 2020

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
I was skeptical about bulgogi dumplings but bibigo is some decent poo poo

We tried some other variety of their dumplings a while back, maybe mini wontons, they disappeared immediately from the kitchen

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Manuel Calavera posted:

This stuff. The margarita is indeed very good just straight with ice, shockingly so. Like the quality of what you'd pay for a glass at that same ($8.99?) price at your local good Tex-Mex place.

There's a wine cocktail one as well, made with agave wine. I didn't see that at the Polaris one (idk what it's like in other states obviously.) So, keep an eye out. You want the tequila one.

They are both good and while I never compared them side by side I dont recall much of a difference in the taste (the wine version is in a plastic container and the tequila is glass). Here beer/wine and liquor can't be sold in the same physical store so Costcos without a detached liquor store carry the wine version inside.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 17, 2020

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Doodles posted:

Can't you just buy a bag of tri color mini potatoes in most grocery stores? Stuff like scalloped potatoes I can understand getting a frozen variant of cause they can take a lot of time to prep, particularly if you don't have a food processor, but whole roasted baby potatoes the steps are oil -> season -> bake.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

StormDrain posted:

I saw the one near or in Aurora CO had a bunch of staff cases. Ive gone there after work since my jobsite is near but I've avoided it as I trust my local one more.

Uh wait what?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Grem posted:

Uh wait what?

https://www.9news.com/mobile/articl...6d-8cf2356d6dde

quote:

Costco - 1470 South Havana St., Aurora
6 confirmed staff cases

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Manuel Calavera posted:

I went TODAY and got 2 jugs of it. And some Kirkland spiced rum for good measure.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hmm, haven't been there in a few weeks and now I'm not sure I'll go back for a while! drat, did need a trip, too.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Filled up my cart at my local 'Co today. TP yes but paper towels were a no. Also out of nitrile gloves and Nutella (oddly enough). Good distancing and none of the crazy of March.

Meat was...different. No ground beef and the only steaks were prime. The only fresh chicken was breasts, no drumsticks or other cuts. They seemed to be covering up the holes in the meat case with stuff I'd never seen before...I got some smoked ham (not the big spiral ham) and some nitrate free beef keilbasa.

No receipt check, had to eat my dog in the car...it felt weird.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Is there a place that tracks cases by Costco location

Or do you just kinda have to google it and hope the news happens to mention

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That's just our local news, so I really don't know. I doubt it, since that's pretty niche but maybe the Waltons sponsor one somewhere.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Chinatown posted:

I long for the days of the onion dispenser.

A slow turn of the crank, perfect bits of onion, falling effortlessly onto my expertly dressed dog.

As opposed to a crank that’s been unscrewed from its shaft. You turn it futilely and maybe a drab of onion juice falls out from the vibrations.

keevo posted:

Idk how reliable this is, but there's a guy on the Costco sub-Reddit saying that the food court menu is gonna be changed up. They're getting rid of combo pizzas (pepperoni and cheese will still be there), churros, salad, yogurt, and acai bowls. I'm super bummed about the combo pizza if this is true.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/gkezph/rumors_about_major_changes_coming_to_food_courts/

No! Not my Caesar salad! Not my combo pizza! Man losing the salad really sucks. I used to have one there and take extra for dinner/work lunch. Also toss in seasoned shrimp from the deli.

I guess it’ll push me to be more environmentally conscious about waste. Those plastic trays were hella convenient but wasteful.

Also I’m ambivalent about the froyo—>ice cream change. Chocolate syrup and sundae berries (? Hopefully that just means regular berries like açaí-bowl style) sound good but the froyo was nice and gentle on my stomach in a way that I anticipate ice cream might not be. Still gonna eat it tho.

I assume Costco sells their Caesar dressing somewhere?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I wish Costco sold a big bag of combos

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Costco had these Cheeto like things once that were spicy and made of chickpeas, called masala munch and I wish they'd have it again

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Hit the Co today. Pretty lax for a Sunday afternoon. The food counter had a three item menu: pizza, dog, whatever that smoothie thing is.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Any yall car people out there I got a pack of these a week or so back and its the best tire spray I've ever used.

Got a three-pack of these too. It sprays on in a foam. I use it on the car and around the house. No ammonia so you wont gently caress up plastics or window tint!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

That is indeed the best glass cleaner