Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Coredump posted:

Get you a screw extractor set. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Jellas-Extractor-Burnishing-Extracting-Extension/dp/B07Y7VV7RK/ref=psdc_2225074011_t3_B07GZ17QD9

As you screw the extractor counter clockwise to loosen the screw the extractor will dig in more to grab the head of the screw to back it out.

I feel weird using screw extractors on something so small and near the Switch's internals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I feel weird using screw extractors on something so small and near the Switch's internals

You can do it, I believe in you. Atomic. Purple.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

New wheels and tires for the wife's car.

Also new wheels and tires for my toy car.

Also got a new car for the kid. His is the small one.

Do we have an RC thread? I have been going hog wild this quarantine. Just built this with my recent purchase of a kit!

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Snowmankilla posted:

Do we have an RC thread? I have been going hog wild this quarantine. Just built this with my recent purchase of a kit!

Theres an RC thread over in AI. Pretty good too. A lot of good talk about racing, crawlers and bashing.

I see you got yourself a 4wd stampede. Mine is a 2wd VXL. Welcome to the world of having fun for about a half hour before you either break something or decide you wanna go faster. Either way you're spending at least $50 at the hobby shop.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Two new pairs of work shoes. I’m on my feet like 360 days a year so my shoes tend to last about 18 months.

Butcher fees on the three pigs we grew out over the past year. Chops, sausage, ribs, roasts, and scrapple are done - just waiting for the smoked hams and bacons to be finished. Total is like 190lb of meat after we sold one hog’s worth to a friend

All new dirt gear for my older son to have fun blasting in the woods

And finally a new dual pulley and belts for the alternator on my 85 RX7

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got this on Steam:

Time to play this for the first time in...over a decade, at least.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Got some warm weather motorcycle boots.

Comfy, supportive and protective.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Rolo posted:

Got some warm weather motorcycle boots.

Comfy, supportive and protective.

What are these?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
TCX Street Ace Air. I already have the leather ones but they get hot in the summer.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
They’re dope. I bought these Vans just before the world ended, but I really like the slate grey those have going

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
My husband bought an Atomic Purple shell off Amazon for my Switch and installed it for my birthday this year :3: What another poster said is true, it's a more glossy plastic... Also of note, it makes the JoyCons much louder. The clicks the buttons make, but especially the rumble.

Something to think about if you're interested.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Theres an RC thread over in AI. Pretty good too. A lot of good talk about racing, crawlers and bashing.

I see you got yourself a 4wd stampede. Mine is a 2wd VXL. Welcome to the world of having fun for about a half hour before you either break something or decide you wanna go faster. Either way you're spending at least $50 at the hobby shop.

Thanks! I couldn’t find it , but you motivated me. I have a 4wd Stampede and a 2wd Slash. Always wanted them as a kid, so I’m living it up now.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I bought a 2nd hand laser printer, 20 euros for this black & white only Brother HL-2240D. Good enough for me, we print very little and our old inkjet always dried up.

Only thing I don't like is no ethernet port. But you can apparently buy small dedicated print servers now, USB to Wireless. Might do that, just use the my own PC as server for now.

Also bought:

New pressure switch for my compressor.

New motor for my shopvac.

Acid brushes

Dovetail cutter for the mill (cheapo chinese stuff, half suspect it will break at once)

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Be careful with unexploded ordnance :ohdear:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
REI Anniversary Sale!

💸💸💸

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

I bought a 2nd hand laser printer, 20 euros for this black & white only Brother HL-2240D. Good enough for me, we print very little and our old inkjet always dried up.

Only thing I don't like is no ethernet port. But you can apparently buy small dedicated print servers now, USB to Wireless. Might do that, just use the my own PC as server for now.

I'm reasonably sure I bought this exact printer over a decade ago, it's been absolutely flawless and is still on the original toner cartridge.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I bought a used Brother 3170CDW color laser (well LED) wireless for I wanna say $40 a few years ago and it's been great for printing the odd thing at home, mainly shipping labels. I'd be surprised if I printed 50 pages/year.

Maybe not the fastest or best on ink, but it's still on the original cartridge even though Windows has said low toner for a long time.

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 16:24 on May 15, 2020

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rolo posted:

REI Anniversary Sale!

💸💸💸

poo poo I really need a new hydration pack for biking.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Two new pairs of work shoes. I’m on my feet like 360 days a year so my shoes tend to last about 18 months.

Adidas cloudfoam is :snoop:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Do they have decent support? I need some new everyday shoes and those look dope.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Rolo posted:

Do they have decent support? I need some new everyday shoes and those look dope.

If you have issues with your ankles or over/under-pronation, these are pretty soft and squishy and likely won't help. You'd prob want something with a stiffer sole or an insert. I always recommend looking at hiking shoes as they're still pretty comfy and light, but have stiffer insoles cuz they're built for a day of hiking with a backpack on.

I would be up and down for 8.5 hours at my day job, and then go do another 5 hours at my part time in retail wearing Adidas with cloudfoam and my feet felt great all day.

Actually, I just replaced my pair of Questars with cloudfoam after close to a year of use. The soles are still comfy but the stitching on mine is starting to fray.

Casu Marzu has a new favorite as of 20:33 on May 15, 2020

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I don’t have any diagnosed issues with support, pronation or ankles but I would bet money I’ve done damage from wearing vans and converses for the last 2 decades. I’m just trying to be smarter with how I treats my feets.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Been driving high mileage junkers for the past 12 years. Finally got something better.

Its a 2010 but only has 50k miles.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It's the quarantine, so that means I'm doing puzzles. My parents had the bottom two already (Office and Beach), and I just ordered one on eBay, the Fitness Center.

I'm going to try to get the other three, City Hall and High School, and probably get the "Kids" one that's only 100+ pieces, just for completion.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Been driving high mileage junkers for the past 12 years. Finally got something better.

Its a 2010 but only has 50k miles.

Congrats - that is a SWEET-rear end ride!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I bought this who knows how long ago, and entirely forgot about it until it arrived yesterday:

I got a whole chicken at the store, and gonna coat that baby with sumac, paprika, and cumin and shove it in my smoker for a few hours tomorrow.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Hell yeah, I've been putting sumac in my shakshuka and it's great.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Good choice.

Yeah and it's also possible to DIY it with a :10bux: raspberry pi, I just did it with my old Samsung color laser and it works great.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm not sure about this model, but for some of the really old brother laser printers, I think the generic toner has gotten more expensive. It used to be like $5 a cartridge but maybe nobody's bothering to make it any more.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I bought MY WIFE a new bichael for her birthday

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Just got ~$175 worth of hiking/camping gear from REI for around $100. Combing the dividend with the anniversary sale is awesome.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought an insulated coozie so I can have a PBR while hiking, and a pair of fingerless gloves so I don’t wear any more holes in my hands while biking.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Slimy Hog posted:

Just got ~$175 worth of hiking/camping gear from REI for around $100. Combing the dividend with the anniversary sale is awesome.

Sale and dividend got me about $520 worth of gear for $250.

Hell yeah sales bring on the woods.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rolo posted:

Sale and dividend got me about $520 worth of gear for $250.

Hell yeah sales bring on the woods.

Sweet! Mine would have been a bit higher since I need new boots, but it's not like I can go try stuff on right now.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Snowmankilla posted:

Thanks! I couldn’t find it , but you motivated me. I have a 4wd Stampede and a 2wd Slash. Always wanted them as a kid, so I’m living it up now.

I grew up poor and never had got to have a good RC car either. I was lucky to have a Tyco Turbo Hopper. Oh how I pined for a Tamiya. I'd have done anything for a Blackfoot or Midnight Pumpkin.

Got my new shocks set up. Put a new spur gear in that Pro-Line gearbox too...

[img][/img]

It's so goddamn fast. I'm scared to drive it anywhere aside from wide open spaces. A collision with a stationary object at top speed would be a beautiful explosion of plastic and aluminum.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

Snowmankilla posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3125553&pagenumber=133#lastpost

Wandered in there thanks to you folks, walked out with a preorder for a Senton 3s. Gonna try to not set my house on fire with LiPo batteries or break my kids' ankles.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

beanieson posted:

I bought MY WIFE a new bichael for her birthday

Did you have any trouble buying a bike? Supposedly they're selling like toilet paper.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

colas posted:

Did you have any trouble buying a bike? Supposedly they're selling like toilet paper.

I called my guy at the shop and found out he had this one in her size. It helps that she liked the color, but there were really no other options at this price point. If for some reason she wanted something else it would have jumped from $800 to $2200. Asking around and it seems like all of the entry level stuff is sold out, which makes sense because I’ve seen a huge increase in people riding bikes out here since quarantine.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

beanieson posted:

I called my guy at the shop and found out he had this one in her size. It helps that she liked the color, but there were really no other options at this price point. If for some reason she wanted something else it would have jumped from $800 to $2200. Asking around and it seems like all of the entry level stuff is sold out, which makes sense because I’ve seen a huge increase in people riding bikes out here since quarantine.

Yeah a lot more people are out walking/biking in my neighborhood. And in my parents' we're seeing neighbors we've never seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

colas posted:

Yeah a lot more people are out walking/biking in my neighborhood. And in my parents' we're seeing neighbors we've never seen.

My guy said their backlog for bike maintenance is like 5 weeks as well... I can’t find the photo but he’s got basically a garage full of old Walmart huffys and other poo poo waiting to be tuned up because suddenly people want to ride their bikes.

It’s cool and good, but god drat is there a lot of traffic on my bike path.